You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 2:26pm

IAmGroot

Professional

• "IAmGroot" started this thread

Please help this game become something again...

Due to someone asking that I post this in another thread...
I have done so, hopefully it can get some recognition...

Quoted

seems like most of them quit cause they dont like the direction the game is heading. .
I'm about 90% sure this is the feeling of at least 75% of the population lol.
It's sad, I love this game, just...I love this game 2 years ago...today, it's just another game. It used to be something great.

Edit: Honestly...we need something done. This game is in complete and total "coast mode." Nothing new is happening, no new players are showing up, no new content is available (ancient mounds...I can't even really consider that new content as it's beyond boring and serves little to no purpose other than catching up noobs [where's the stuff for end game players?]).

I don't know what the answer is, but I can tell you...the game is not growing, the game is not increasing in interest to anyone...the game is stagnant. This is really unfortunate, because I am one of the all-time BIGGEST supporters of this game. I really do not want to lose interest in the game and I want to see the game go back to it's roots. I want to see this game become something. It simply is one of the best games. The cash shop, the way things are handled, the bugs, the amount of time necessary for farming...these...these are not good things. Start doing some brainstorming over there CM/GM/Devs, whoever is over there...because we need some serious help right now.

Edit 2: We have done our brainstorming, we have shared our ideas, we have let everyone know what we think could/would improve this game. I understand, as CMs/GMs...your "power" is limited, but you are the closest thing to the developers. You need to be constantly relaying our ideas to them. We cannot speak to them. We cannot send them specifically a message. That is what YOU are there for.

We need helping getting our ideas to them. We are the gamers, we are the players, we are the ones that see anything and everything that happens in this game. We are the ones that see the bugs, report the bugs, we are the ones that make suggestions on things not necessarily bugs...but things that aren't quite "right" in the game. We try to help you, please try to help us. Please.

On that note...CAN WE PLEASE HAVE ANOTHER ASK THE DEVELOPERS QUESTIONS THING? (We had this back with gPotato and I think we actually saw one of our 1,000+ ideas show up in the game.) It was a miracle to us to see something actually happen we had suggested. It has been YEARS since we have seen anything like that and I think that would be seriously morale boosting.
Thanks for your consideration,

Groot

Edit3
: fixed some spacing errors I had from when I copy/pasted it over.

Edit4: <Mhul> Paragraphs. They help.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Dec 4th 2014, 11:55pm)

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 4:05pm

General comment: I agree.

"It was a miracle to us to see something actually happen we had suggested. "

My suggestion would be to bring back 4.X-style gearing. I won't bother explaining *again* what I mean by that - it isn't hard to search for my posts where I explain it.

EDIT: I'll include one quote from a previous post, because it sums up perfectly my view: "the transition from 4.X to 5.X raised the difficulty *and* the grindiness, making the game suddenly become very unattractive."
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "steveread999" (Dec 3rd 2014, 4:32pm)

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 4:43pm

Marco

Intermediate

I fully agree with everything ;)

Taleron

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 5:14pm

I agree with everything you said and want everything you've mentioned. :P

I love the game in its current and its previous state because I'm a filthy fanboy but there are some issues that are bothering me right now:

-My.com seems "incompetent" in a sense. They take forever to fix issues like the dominion bug or mausoleum of sparks. Also they seem to half-ass things like the goblinball championship rankings. There have been players in the top 4 that didn't play for months. Also they often promise things and never do them. Example: Wraith02 once mentioned that he would talk about some issues with p2p in a meeting and update us about it. Never happened.

-Even though I play on p2p the cash shop is still bothering me a lot. It's been shit since the start and bad publicity for the game since it launched. Something like a revamp could bring people back to playing because it's a huge turnoff for every new/returning player to hear about runes or the extreme prices (pat5 for example).

- There is nothing on the homepage that is mentioning anything about the sub server. I don't even know why. It's retarded.

-The direction the game is heading: Wellebell is a mindless farm and not really fun but you need to do it in order to gear up s fast as everyone else. Why did the devs even make it? (for money I guess) The upgrade costs and requirements are unreasonable (especially on p2p) and a lot of the time (except on our raiding weekend) the game can feel really repetetive and boring.

Just my thoughts, maybe some things are wrong.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 5:31pm

Marco

Intermediate

I agree with everything you said and want everything you've mentioned. :P

I love the game in its current and its previous state because I'm a filthy fanboy but there are some issues that are bothering me right now:

-My.com seems "incompetent" in a sense. They take forever to fix issues like the dominion bug or mausoleum of sparks. Also they seem to half-ass things like the goblinball championship rankings. There have been players in the top 4 that didn't play for months. Also they often promise things and never do them. Example: Wraith02 once mentioned that he would talk about some issues with p2p in a meeting and update us about it. Never happened.

-Even though I play on p2p the cash shop is still bothering me a lot. It's been shit since the start and bad publicity for the game since it launched. Something like a revamp could bring people back to playing because it's a huge turnoff for every new/returning player to hear about runes or the extreme prices (pat5 for example).

- There is nothing on the homepage that is mentioning anything about the sub server. I don't even know why. It's retarded.

-The direction the game is heading: Wellebell is a mindless farm and not really fun but you need to do it in order to gear up s fast as everyone else. Why did the devs even make it? (for money I guess) The upgrade costs and requirements are unreasonable (especially on p2p) and a lot of the time (except on our raiding weekend) the game can feel really repetetive and boring.

Just my thoughts, maybe some things are wrong.
There already is a plan that was presented by players to the Community ;) Website page i thing the thread was called ;)

Taleron

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 10:46pm

My suggestion would be to bring back 4.X-style gearing

i really hope this will NOT happen
wild shore & rfractor / astralkey exchange is the best thing that happended to this game regarding gear, EVER
gearing before free mercenary runs was not fun at all
gearing while free mercenary runs was OK until reaching orange, then it was over again, plus glyphs were not even worth trying to get
gearing now is easy and possible for everyone at any time
the only improvement that could be done would be to give ADDITIONAL free mercenary-runs for those who dont like wild shore area

for other game-improvement ideas take a look at my signature

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 8:34am

AOP: Your comments make me just fall about laughing. (Well, they would if I wasn't at work.)

Before the free-merc flights came in, I hadn't reached a level where I could go to get end-game gear at all, so I have no comment there. But anyway, let's look at what you said:

Quoted

i really hope this will NOT happen

Quoted

the only improvement that could be done would be to give ADDITIONAL free mercenary-runs for those who dont like wild shore area

Which is it, dude? You don't want new free-merc flights, or you do? And besides, the cost of using the 5.X upgraders is just stupid compared to how it was in 4.X. (For the price of using just ONE 5.X upgrader, I could use SIX or more 4.X upgraders, and I could gather more than the minimum gold to use three 4.X upgraders in just ONE free-merc flight.) No, overall, it wasn't rapid, and it became insanely slow after upgrading the whole set to orange/legendary, with blue no-upgrade glyphs, but full-orange wasn't bad at all.)

Quoted

gearing now is easy and possible for everyone at any time

This is so laughable it isn't even funny. No, it isn't easy, and no, (in a reasonable time-frame) it isn't possible for everyone. It costs so much to use the upgraders (and hire mercs, and ...) that I'd have to spend more time grinding out gold with inferior gear than I would spend gathering the upgraders themselves. I have at most an hour a day available to play (two on Sundays) these days, which was enough to make two 4.X free-merc flights a day, and 4 on Sundays, so 16 a week. That would gather nearly 50 upgraders, certainly more than 40, a week... In 5.X I'd be lucky to use 2 a week, maybe 4. What's that, 10-20 times as long to upgrade? And that you call "easy and possible for everyone"?

No. All that is why I'm on a break. The break continues until they fix this. If they don't fix it, I don't come back. It's as simple as that. If they take too long to fix it, I'll be so far behind it won't be worth coming back...
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "steveread999" (Dec 4th 2014, 8:39am)

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 3:14pm

No. All that is why I'm on a break. The break continues until they fix this. If they don't fix it, I don't come back. It's as simple as that. If they take too long to fix it, I'll be so far behind it won't be worth coming back...
Exactly this.

Avo.

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 3:30pm

i hope that we wont get back the circumstance that the only way to gear is astral...
in 4.x you could get to orange gear "for free" but then you were stuck / dependent on ship / mercs / party / TP charge
also i dont want back the fashion to need multiple amalgam for 1 upgrade

i love wild shore
i never do astralisles, i exchange all my keys for refractors & loot
this way i only need ~ 1 hour / week for gearing
no waiting for party, no waiting for start, no ship-sailing, no waiting at all...
just go to wild shore and get down to business!
(kill "all the mobs", exchange, open boxes, upgrade, finish)

but i understand if other players loved the free mercenary flights, so i think there should also be free mercenary rounds!
but not only for starting sectors...

as for the costs, i do at least 1 BG every day (normally more), the gold& amalgam i get from there covers my upgrading-costs more than enough

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 3:38pm

i love wild shore
no waiting for party, no waiting for start, no ship-sailing, no waiting at all...
Seems so FUN!

You know the costs of getting 1 item full legendary? How many weeks you need to get 1 item full legendary? When you buy upgrade boxes, do you keep the cursed ones? Do you have space in bank to keep all the upgraders?

Avo

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 10:12pm

Alafff

Intermediate

i think it go around 25-30k from a green piece to a leggy piece. With 14k alone to go leggy and around 7-8weeks. if you're gearing with the new raid , i would say 20k for a piece , and between 1-4 week depending if you have luck in AM. (4 box of 10 upgraders is the max you would need , if you go full ama with no double upgrade.

After that , well , on sub we don't have cursed items , but can't do red zones. Low population so AS is Free , Can do up to 60 amalgam a day depending on luck . If one day Selune come here , he can show you a screenshot of his bag , with 1200 amalgam in it (Me i just have 400 of thoses).

New player coming now would get wrecked . F2P games works on a huge turnover playerbase. Free users are just here to level , do some Battlegrounds ,get wrecked by old players , get disgusted , get replaced by new free users. Finally only people with huge playtime or old players or big cashoppers stay on game.

On Sub on the contrary , all people pay , but don't get any real differences over time (Except perhaps cosmetics) and a new player can be on par with old one. People are fewer but don't tend to leave the game , so you begin to know everyone and the game become more social.

Now all we need is some Marketing.

I have a stupid question and would love to have an answer : If i make myself an 'allods ad T-shirt" and wear it to give people even a tiny will to come try , can i?

Same , making an allod poster , putting it on a wall i own in public view , Free of charge for my.com , Can i too?

or to put it short can i do free publicity for you , can you give playerbase the right to do it , even if you ask us to show you what we did for acceptation before putting it. Or it is a simple NO?

Because you're doing nothing to promote the game , Even less to promote the sub server (It would take you less than 30min to put a link pointing to http://en.allods.com/subscription somewhere on the main page). So if we, the playerbase , need to do it ourselves then let's.
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 10:28pm

Marco

Intermediate

Thats i want to ask the Community...

Dear Community are u able to put on a subscription server link on main page all by yourself or do you need mail @rus permission to do so ?

And if yes how many time would that take ?

Thx

Community

Have a nice evening

Taleron ;)

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 11:49pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

We have absolutely no problem accumulating constructive feedback - and are more than willing to pitch forward constructive threads to the team - though you can't deny that most threads tend to get mired by unappealing posts the majority of the time. If people were willing to maintain a healthy thread that didn't read like an outright attack, it'd be much easier to generate a clear voice.

Consider it practice, seeing as it would be the expected pattern if an "Ask the Dev" thread was ever created. For a start, I'll put the idea forward at earliest convenience, though given it is nearing Christmas, please hold off on raising expectations.

Firstly, some clarification.

Quoted

They take forever to fix issues like the dominion bug or mausoleum of sparks.
MoS was fixed in one week, ironically. People see it otherwise because no action was taken in the face of complaint threads across a long time frame. The truth of the matter is that when issues like this arise, the existing GM team rely on tickets as a primary indication of problems - and there were surprisingly few tickets ever claiming MoS was broken at all, funnily enough. Threads, on the other hand, were many - yet often hate filled thus bypassed as non-constructive, with no indication of anything other than discontent. CM's (myself included) accumulated said threads and the team applied a week for the community poll to make a final decision. When that vote was concluded, MoS was reset based on the will of the community and life moved on.

Dominion is a different story. We were aware it wasn't functioning after the first week break-down. It was put through rigorous testing after initial fixes and considered to be working fine, though there were unforeseen conflicts due to it being so soon after the latest expansion//patch which had hid a few extra issues, so it got re-fixed yet again. It's not optimal, but two weeks isn't forever. Players have been compensated for the inconvenience and we take such technical issues more seriously than some people think. It is just unfortunate that the event happens with big gaps, making it harder to notice compared to something that is active all the time.

Example - An emergency 30min maintenance took place today and, as a result, players are being reimbursed Astral Keys and Replicators without second thought out of good-will. If only every technical issue was as easily resolved - but alas, we do try.

Quoted

Also they seem to half-ass things like the goblinball championship rankings. There have been players in the top 4 that didn't play for months.
A database glitch. We're very aware of it and it's being looked into. We don't shy away from rewarding players whenever we can through events - and take it seriously when said rewards do not go to the right people, which they'll receive once the database has been cleaned up. It wasn't half-measured - just a very unfortunate error.

Quoted

Also they often promise things and never do them. Example: Wraith02 once mentioned that he would talk about some issues with p2p in a meeting and update us about it. Never happened.
If I, presently, (or Wraith at the time) promise(d) we'd do something, that is a promise from us as middlemen, not a direct representation of the will of the company - unless making an official statement on their behalf. I can't comment on any other 'supposed promises' as I've not seen any and not made any statement, myself, thus it is here-say as far as we're concerned - and I cannot speak for anything before my time.

Quoted

There is nothing on the homepage that is mentioning anything about the sub server. I don't even know why.
Have no fear - this is being looked into.

Quoted

The direction the game is heading: Wellebell is a mindless farm and not really fun but you need to do it in order to gear up s fast as everyone else. Why did the devs even make it? (for money I guess) The upgrade costs and requirements are unreasonable (especially on p2p) and a lot of the time (except on our raiding weekend) the game can feel really repetetive and boring.
Grinding is part and parcel of every game. Some people will tell you they prefer having this option as not everyone is/was capable of grinding the older method. I remember all too well my constant Astral grinds in the past - and that grind was more restricted than current means. Fun is a relative term, so you not finding it fun does not speak for everyone. Personally, I had fun with both methods.

NOTE:
I'd recommend people refrain from waving pitchforks and, instead, encourage discussion on matters that we can improve on rather than dwell on the past. Assuming the thread is kept wholesome, it makes it easier to present the bulk of views rather than waste time cleaning up libel, propaganda, or insults.

There will be no further discussion of MoS, Dominion, or other past bugs or their handling here -- so keep it relative.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 12:24am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Quoted

The direction the game is heading: Wellebell is a mindless farm and not really fun but you need to do it in order to gear up s fast as everyone else. Why did the devs even make it? (for money I guess) The upgrade costs and requirements are unreasonable (especially on p2p) and a lot of the time (except on our raiding weekend) the game can feel really repetetive and boring.
Grinding is part and parcel of every game. Some people will tell you they prefer having this option as not everyone is/was capable of grinding the older method. I remember all too well my constant Astral grinds in the past - and that grind was more restricted than current means. Fun is a relative term, so you not finding it fun does not speak for everyone. Personally, I had fun with both methods.

One word on the grinding or feeling of grinding. You are right, it is relative to the player and some may like Wild Shores while other prefer astral (though I bet it will be hard to find end-game people having fun with Wild Shore since blasting allods with a group of friends or guildies is far superior in terms or variety and fun than killing mindless crowned mobs over & over to farm loot & refractors - but I digress).

The problem is, the game is biased towards farming : people who don't like astral can farm Wild Shores to their heart content and gear up there at their own pace. People who don't like Wild Shore can go Astral, but after spending keys they still need to farm refractors to open boxes - and if you wanna go F2P and don't buy the improving stuff from boutique, it's going to take a hell of a long time.

Why forcing people to go Wild Shores when they don't want to ? Why can't we for example trade 6500 right for loot for more astral keys and more fun in astral and get rid of that place ? This, along with the ridiculous price of upgrades and ludicrous drop rates of 200% refractors got players really tired.
I truely felt grinding refractors in Wild Shore as a punishment every time I went there and asked myself "why oh why are you doing this to me" ?". And that feeling is widely shared among guildies and other players I usually hang out with.

Give us some freedom. Don't try to lock players in some area and force them to do stuff they don't want to. it will be a huge step towards getting the fun back in game.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 1:07am

i love wild shore
Seems so FUN!

You know the costs of getting 1 item full legendary? How many weeks you need to get 1 item full legendary? When you buy upgrade boxes, do you keep the cursed ones? Do you have space in bank to keep all the upgraders?

Avo

the "fun" part can be done in minimal time
so there is even for someone with not so much time still a lot of time for doing whatever is pleasent

- since the costs of upgrading are not all at once but drop for drop i dont see it as a serious problem
- as for weeks, its like i get about 1 orange gear every week, im currently in mixed orange and purple gear... before that it was even faster
- cursed ones get discarded, im not in a hurry at all, especially now where refractors are no longer worth selling... before that i was really looking forward to al rihat... now i dont care so much... better buy something permanent for the costs of all the uncursing... gear will be reset soon anyway...
- i have more than enought space in bank and more than enough space in bag
in the end there are only 4 kinds of useful upgraders... if you upgrade them as soon as you get them they take no place at all
if you dont upgrade as soon as you get them its only 4 items since there are not more combinations anyway (or 5?)... they stack

instead of participating in the crazy gear-race i rather enjoy the game, playing it in a speed thats pleasent to me
the intresting thing is even with my "slow" style of playing i still outgear / equal so many players i meet in BGs...

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 5th 2014, 1:13am)

Friday, December 5th 2014, 2:14am

IAmGroot

Professional

• "IAmGroot" started this thread

I swear if you nerds get my thread locked I am going to have a rage fit.
Keep it constructive.
I honestly want the ASK THE DEVELOPERS thing to happen again.......
Don't screw this up for me and everyone else that is interested in actually sending reasonable concerns to the developers. :love:

Friday, December 5th 2014, 9:31am

After that , well , on sub we don't have cursed items , but can't do red zones. Low population so AS is Free , Can do up to 60 amalgam a day depending on luck . If one day Selune come here , he can show you a screenshot of his bag , with 1200 amalgam in it (Me i just have 400 of thoses).
This is true Alafff. I played for a while on sub-server and getting amalgam was easy. Anomalous sector was always empty. Amalgam was the easiest thing to get.
This would never happen on a "full" server.
My question is: If you need around 25-40k gold to upgrade 1 item to leggy, how can you farm gold on P2P?
Because there was a big "nerf" on gold income from refractors and farming.
I mean... Battlegrounds, Goblinball... do they even start on P2P?

On a side note: If i convert gold from F2P into crystals, can i use those crystals to pay monthly on P2P? I think not, but would like to know if someone ever tried it.

Avo

Friday, December 5th 2014, 9:51am

Alafff

Intermediate

This is true Alafff. I played for a while on sub-server and getting amalgam was easy. Anomalous sector was always empty. Amalgam was the easiest thing to get.
This would never happen on a "full" server.
My question is: If you need around 25-40k gold to upgrade 1 item to leggy, how can you farm gold on P2P?
Because there was a big "nerf" on gold income from refractors and farming.
I mean... Battlegrounds, Goblinball... do they even start on P2P?

On a side note: If i convert gold from F2P into crystals, can i use those crystals to pay monthly on P2P? I think not, but would like to know if someone ever tried it.

Avo

So , AR(450 gold zone) , AS (transform your particle into gold or into Battleground emblems then into gold), full astral group , then the usual means , Farm Squirrels in covert hide, farm Koe ,farm wellebell green etc etc.

But remember that you don't need to buy decurse scroll , don't need to buy elixirs , don't need to buy incent, no pat5 , no mount feed etc etc , So your expenses except for mirra if you're an addict are really low.

But yeah still no pvp , Sometime we manage to make JC or Goblinball start. but that's all. League is too afraid to even come in dominion. So it is 9 realgar free each week.

On the side note , yes you can. I have a private allod on my f2p char , doing nothing but gold and coral , and i convert that gold into crystal to lessen my sub price . There is still the fact too that if you sub for 3months (21€) it give you in fact 6months
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Friday, December 5th 2014, 3:43pm

playing free on payserver is theoretically possible with farming on free sever and using the BC from there to gat access to payserver
i think this is really great, although for a new player it would take a huge amount of preperation before being able to do so :rolleyes:

Friday, December 5th 2014, 3:50pm

playing free on payserver is theoretically possible with farming on free sever and using the BC from there to gat access to payserver
i think this is really great, although for a new player it would take a huge amount of preperation before being able to do so :rolleyes:
Naah... this is good for disapointed people with the f2p model :)

Avo.