You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 4:30pm

Mage impossible to play for normal people

Since she came the patch 5.0.2 I noticed the difference in playing the mage in pvp ... many classes are now able to kill and resist much less: the dots make us die in a short time and in a mass pvp without heals we are first to pay myrrh ...
Maybe people equipped with potions, runes very high and patience can do it ... but people of medium-high level like me and many other people are really struggling.

What do you think about this?

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 6:41pm

wipangell

Intermediate

Hello Elcaro,

Allods online is a stuff win game. If you want to win your battle ground you have to be well geared but it doent mean that you can not do something.
I think your problem is the same that i had some time ago. You should change your point of view.
If you play in 1v1 fight opponents with a similar gear, you'll see it's really funny and the runes dont make all.

If you like battle ground you can try to get the damages boost in the golem rush and target ones who got less resistance thant the others (a warden, a scoot for exemple). If you improve your skill like this you'll see, you'll be able to do more and more mareviolous actions. The pvp will be funniest!

And other thing: dont even play for victory bur for plesure. It changes everything ;)

Your problem can also be on your statistics and talents. If you want more informations about that you might ask help on the mage section on the forum.

I hope i've helped you.

/!\ Attention: Utiliser les services des goldsellers peut mener à un ban permanent /!\

Wednesday, December 10th 2014, 7:50pm

magedefense got better, more charges for stone barrier etc now, good
mage mana got worse, no more manareg with illusions, bad (but this was made most likely because 2handed staff was worthless for mage before since dagger & manareg was always full mana already)

mage's biggest problem were and was always summy & his dot :P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 10th 2014, 8:15pm)

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 9:57am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

Back between level cap 40 and 47 mages use to be OP though dont get me wrong some of todays mage players can be OP as well. But mages were op based on there walls and illusions both use to be 30 mins, walls still 30mins but illusions are I be leave 30 secs. That being said after time people were saying it was to hard to kill Mages. In my point of view they should bring back the 30 min illusions to help with defense. I have tryed all the class allods has to offer some I have liked others well just not my cup of tea I guess. Mages are a class in which you must spend lots of time working on a build and play style that fits you the player. Weather it pvp, pve, or support damage. Not everyone is cut for pvp but does not mean you can try and try til; you get better.

What I am trying to say is duel some friends practice never give up just cuz things look hard, I know patches always seem to throw a crave ball and seem to make things hard but keep trying you will get the hang of it. That or find a class that you feel comfortable with mine is ranger. I have tryed them all and ranger just fits :)

But as I said bring back 30 illusions, ;)

Here try this build some people may say other wise but worked for me.
http://www.en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!2!311…/IPCUPB!a/AMOCQ
Smugglers Paradise

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 10:49am

Gramarye

Professional

well ure right mages lack of defense, but as long as they're onehitting other classes idc...

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 11:46pm

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

This is how strong mages use to be.

http://youtu.be/HX1lHqn26vY
Smugglers Paradise

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 3:55pm

Tell me just why u (who ıs responsıble for mage's nerf) hate mages so much? it is enoght really enogh I 've played as a mage over 4 years ım stıll playing my mage on p2p server and mage is fcked up slowly each patch we got worse what the hell is your purpose ? force ppl to stop playing mage? dont worry u did it already .I 've never see a mage who is happy with theır char.since 55lvl patch.I know thıs ıs not the place to complain about nerfs but maybe some1 could gımme the lınk to connect correct ppl to tell what I thınk. some1 really should do somethıng about thıs nerfs and buffs balance.

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 5:49pm

@majere27 you are kidding me right? mage is one of the few classes who doesnt get nerved this patch... you got an undispellable seal,more defense and can flash like a chicken on crack 8| ask wardens or scouts how there were fucked while onehitting them with an icy comet or i oneshot all surge...

i really dont get some ppl -.-

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 5:55pm

@majere27 you are kidding me right? mage is one of the few classes who doesnt get nerved this patch... you got an undispellable seal,more defense and can flash like a chicken on crack ask wardens or scouts how there were fucked while onehitting them with an icy comet or i oneshot all surge...

Actually I'd say that the changes they made to the lightning rubies in 6.1 was a nerf for a mage in PvE.
I guess they would be nice in PvP, you just can't really afford the rubies for them on P2P server.

Other than that, I do enjoy the mage personally.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 7:27pm

@majere27 you are kidding me right? mage is one of the few classes who doesnt get nerved this patch... you got an undispellable seal,more defense and can flash like a chicken on crack 8| ask wardens or scouts how there were fucked while onehitting them with an icy comet or i oneshot all surge...

have u ever played mage bro? or have u ever played another mmorpg game? mage means huge aeo damage and high dps not defense ı really dont care seal cause most of good player and I use astral aura, flash would be a buff but we have low dps now scouts wardens even paladines and bards has more dps then us this is bullshit lemme ask u a questıon but answer me bravely ıf u must choose warden,summy,mistic or mage for domi what will you choose?I wıll keep playing mage cause ı spend my 4 years on mage but new mages are right to stop playıng mage and changıng theır classes

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 7:35pm

Gramarye

Professional

mages are still one of the strongest classes. They're Burst-dmg is ridicoulus...Especially in Pvp they also have way too much utility stuff (blink/invis/"portal") compared to other classes.

Stop crying about nerfs ...

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 8:05pm

mages are still one of the strongest classes. They're Burst-dmg is ridicoulus...Especially in Pvp they also have way too much utility stuff (blink/invis/"portal") compared to other classes.

just try to play mage thats only ı could say ı dont care u n what u say cause ı know u are not playıng ın p2p n never played mage ,mage =burst dmg thıs ıs not ridicolus only rıdıcılus thıng ıs what u say..now begın thınkın ok?

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 8:51pm

Quoted

Actually I'd say that the changes they made to the lightning rubies in 6.1 was a nerf for a mage in PvE.
I guess they would be nice in PvP, you just can't really afford the rubies for them on P2P server.

well yeah in pve mage damage may be a bit lower now and overall mage is just middleclass dps since a long time but it excels in pvp^^ to the thing with rubees on p2p well no cloue there but shouldnt be soo much less than f2p right? maybe 5 or 6 from diary pages?

Quoted

have u ever played mage bro? or have u ever played another mmorpg game? mage means huge aeo damage and high dps not defense

yes actually i did a while ago^^ and i can say from this mage has high burst and also a pretty high defensive considering his ability to oneshot ppl^^

Quoted

ı really dont care seal cause most of good player and I use astral aura,
lol well yeah its not like seal is the most important buff in this game^^

Quoted

flash would be a buff but we have low dps now scouts wardens even paladines and bards has more dps then us this is bullshit
flash IS a buff^^ and to the dps well depents on the situation^^ in pve you are right but in pvp a scout > mage? lol not even close anymore since patch^^

Quoted

lemme ask u a questıon but answer me bravely ıf u must choose warden,summy,mistic or mage for domi what will you choose?I
this depents on what i need in grp and how i play ;) when i need seal i wont take summy or warden also when i want to use an aoe tactic or burst damage tactic i would go with mage if i need seal and survivability then i would go with psionic or bard

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 9:25pm

Gramarye

Professional

just try to play mage thats only ı could say ı dont care u n what u say cause ı know u are not playıng ın p2p n never played mage ,mage =burst dmg thıs ıs not ridicolus only rıdıcılus thıng ıs what u say..now begın thınkın ok?

blablabla mb u just dont know how to play mage? Did u mention it alrdy?

Tuesday, June 9th 2015, 9:29pm

well yeah in pve mage damage may be a bit lower now and overall mage is just middleclass dps since a long time but it excels in pvp to the thing with rubees on p2p well no cloue there but shouldnt be soo much less than f2p right? maybe 5 or 6 from diary pages?

yes actually i did a while ago and i can say from this mage has high burst and also a pretty high defensive considering his ability to oneshot ppl
I'm not sure about the exact differences between F2P and P2P, but aside from basics (Conflageration, Luck Rubies, Astral Power aura, Hailstorm, additional elemental points) if you want to take something for an useful CC like Hoarfrost, you'd already have to sacrifice some damage increasing rubies.

Mage does have a decent burst yes, then again I'm not sure what are the differences between the servers. On P2P even with a lucky critical on Elemental Surge I wouldn't be able to one-hit anyone that has some gear from astral with my 66k gearscore. If I'm to use a couple of skills in a short succession and I'm really lucky with criticals, then I guess I could burst down a squishier class like a Scout.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining here about mage, I really don't have a base of comparison as I haven't played on F2P in years. On P2P we don't see that one-hit kind of thing too often, not sure whether you're exaggerating with that or not.

I'd say the Mage class has a lot going for it. Interesting and relatively fast paced gameplay, very high skill ceiling and lots of utility (such as the broken Portal).
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Monday, June 29th 2015, 2:01pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

Sorry to disappoint many ppl here, but i agree with the 'nerf mage process' going on.
I'm playing mage since gipat patch and I do consider myself somewhat experienced in this class.
But with this patch mage gets huge nerf just by staying on the lvl it was before the patch while other classes get dmg/skill bust.
We do less dmg in astral we have less defense in pvp.
Don't get me wrong, mage still can hit in pvp and pve, but...
...in order to do so u need high gs or runes like 11+ (sadly true) and only then u will do decent dmg on allods. Even better, the aoe skills (which mages have alot in pve) generate so huge aggro that most likely they will draw mobs/bosses on themselves (happens to me on almost every allod even with outstanding tanks).

In mass pvp (BG's, Domi raids) mages have no chance (contrary to 1 vs.1 combat where we do) to stay alive for a longer time.
It's because almost every other class has the ability to regenerate HP during fight (not counting potions or patron skills ofc) or have second life, timeloops, doge rubies, shields, barriers or tunes that grant u the ability of slightly regenerate HP or evade direct dmg. For mage it's just few puny shields which absorb less and less dmg with each patch and have huge cooldowns.

As someone here mentioned, the 'undispellable seal' is useless in pvp since most mages use AOP and only sometimes u get to use the triple flash jump bcz most likely when u get to use it there are many opponents who will kill u before u realize even that u can do it.

Even more, we also lost the ability to regenerate mana in combat (reflection rubies), which for me means that the longer I fight i have no mana for any of my skills (and they do consume alot of it). It's good noticeable on raid bosses, where mage makes huge dmg at start and then the longer the fight last, the less and less and less dmg he makes... Not to mention that most mage skills demand that he stays still while casting them (the tear skill has 2.5 cooldown at r3) where on allods on dungeons he has to stay mobile else he dies.
This and the forces cycle means that mage pvp/pve consist on throwing 2-3 skills making huge dmg (against which opponents have heals or shileds) and use some minor (not forces demanding) skills which only tickle the opponent.
Thus in pvp, either I can oneshot my opponent (which most the time isn't possible) or it's not worth to fight since most likely i'll loose due to mana deplition or lack of forces or just from bleeding out. Therefore just the hope that the other one is inexperienced and makes some mistakes, keeps my on trying.

What regards the p2p server... well i consider this server a "laugh of allods team in the face of ppl who wants to play there". Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those ppl, it's the allods team that makes fun of them by taking all the good stuff (which would make them stronger and equal since all of them could have it) giving them shty game play mode with not balanced content for the lowered gear they have, and demanding payment for this. In other MMOs when u pay u get all the CS things for free or for the gold in game. Here they took that (runes, good mounts, scrolls etc.) and gave few things which can be obtained in game with the same lvl of difficulty as the one in f2p. So what good can come for mages there when even in the f2p server many ppl switched from mages to other classes?!

ps. I wish mages have back the ability to heal and get mana back from forces as it used to be back in the old days.

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 7:49am

gethdar

Beginner

hi

i

dont know why but with my summoner i feel that nobody can kill me and especialy mage :D

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 4:12pm

lets meet ingame so i can prove you otherwise :P but yeah if you heal yourself long enough the mage will die of dots :D and after the last damage nerv healclasses became a bit op^^

Sunday, May 15th 2016, 7:24pm

Hey, guys, what do you think about the new mage? Which aspect is better in pvp? And is Bastion good for more survivability?

Sunday, May 15th 2016, 9:55pm

angered

Trainee

Necrobump be like ^

Rate this thread