You are not logged in.

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 10:31am

Player referral system[both F2P and P2P]

I've been a part of online games that have offered this system such as EVE,WoW,Tales of Pirates,and so on. It is something that allows the community to not only recruit potential players but also grows the game! I have been looking for any sort of system like that on here and the closest I saw was the mentor system but it's not really the same. My suggestion is to do the following for BOTH f2p and p2p!

P2P Referral Link:

Upon clicking and signing up on the players referral link the new player will receive:

-1 week free game time(no limits can go as far as they want until time runs out)
-Beginner mount(non tradeable)
-Beginner potions(non tradeable)
-Reward every 10 or 15 levels(rewards can be decided by the devs/community completely optional)

The player that referred the new player will receive:

-Game time if the new player buys game time equal to OR half of the purchased game time. EX: new player bought 30 days veteran player gets 15 days free game time.
-Every 10 or 15 levels that the new player gets the veteran player will get a reward from mount skins to costumes and even some more useful items should the devs/community want(optional)

F2P referral system:

New Players:

-Bonus exp scrolls
-More potions
-Beginner mount
-Bonus rewards every 10 or 15 levels

Veteran Players:

-Receive 10% of total crystals purchased by referred players. EX: New player buys 2000 gems Veteran player gets 200(percentage is up to devs/community)
-Every 10 or 15 levels that the new player gets the veteran player will get some sort of reward like bags or potions and so on should the community allow it and it is completely optional.

This system should work in the sense that p2p players will want to get more players to click and join the p2p server so they get free game time and at the same time the f2p server players will want to get more players in for the chance to gain some free crystals! This can be made easier if the site or players know how to create banners and place these ads on their blogs,youtube videos,forum signatures,and so on as well as being able to share this link on twitter,facebook,google+,reddit,and all those other social sites!

This is just a basic concept though but it gets the point across.

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 10:58am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

They have that when you make a new toon you get a chest that every couple levels gives you gear and you have a chest that gives you a free bag, xp scrolls, and potions to use. You get a mount at level 12 but cant keep it.
Smugglers Paradise

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 10:59am

Oracle

Intermediate

There is already a referral system in the game, however, since the transfer to My.com and the new site, it hasn't been working. It used to work in the past. Free players would refer a player. The new player would receive a costume, exp scrolls and a bigger bag when they started, and the person who referred them would receive referral tickets whenever the player bought something from the cash shop. They received an amount based on a certain percent of the price of the item, with the percent getting higher the higher the referred person levelled. These tickets could be used to buy costumes, mounts, potions, and even a permanent Master Goblin. On the P2P server the system was supposed to give the person who referred some free play time.

I managed to find the old information on the guildportal: http://guilds.en.allods.com/page/invite-…s-online-mmorpg
But since the transfer, the referral system is unavailable.

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 11:02am

There is already a referral system in the game, however, since the transfer to My.com and the new site, it hasn't been working. It used to work in the past. Free players would refer a player. The new player would receive a costume, exp scrolls and a bigger bag when they started, and the person who referred them would receive referral tickets whenever the player bought something from the cash shop. They received an amount based on a certain percent of the price of the item, with the percent getting higher the higher the referred person levelled. These tickets could be used to buy costumes, mounts, potions, and even a permanent Master Goblin. On the P2P server the system was supposed to give the person who referred some free play time.

I managed to find the old information on the guildportal: http://guilds.en.allods.com/page/invite-…s-online-mmorpg
But since the transfer, the referral system is unavailable.
I saw something about it in game but couldn't find any link on the website and was wondering if it had been removed >.>'
Would still be nice to have this available since some of us have websites and blogs we could easily create a banner for and place the link there as an ad x_x

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 11:10am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

They should look into that so we can get a link to share with friends and others to join allods, but they would need a link for p2p server and f2p,
Smugglers Paradise

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 11:12am

Oracle

Intermediate

Indeed. I remember it being mentioned a while ago when they said that they are working on improving the website, however that was several months ago. Hopefully they will give us an update on how it's going, or whether they have an estimated time-frame for these improvements.

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 11:13am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

Indeed. I remember it being mentioned a while ago when they said that they are working on improving the website, however that was several months ago. Hopefully they will give us an update on how it's going, or whether they have an estimated time-frame for these improvements.

This is why you should run the website ;)
Smugglers Paradise

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 11:30am

They should look into that so we can get a link to share with friends and others to join allods, but they would need a link for p2p server and f2p,
we could just select which server we want the link for from a drop down tool in an account management page? Something simple like that.

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 12:15pm

Well,

Here goes my 2 cents.

We, players, know the differences between Allods p2p and f2p.
A new player, unless he already knows the game, will go to f2p as 1st choice. That would be what i would do (and did).
Putting a link on main page won't solve the "problem". It may help, and it's better than nothing.
There should be some place explaining the differences between p2p and f2p. New players don't know them, and "don't care".

Here's a list of some suggestions.
a) Are there any mods on p2p? who are they? there should be at least 2, one each faction to help new players.
b) I posted some time ago that there are no GMs in game. That was deleted and I was told CMs are GMs. GMs used to participate and promote ingame events. Never saw any ingame events with GMs since mail.ru took the management.
c) Some campaigns for 6.0. "Pay" some twitchers and streamers.
d) Send emails to "old" inactive players, giving them 1 month free and some prizes (a unique costume, platinium coins, mount, etc).

Avo

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 12:28pm

Well,

Here goes my 2 cents.

We, players, know the differences between Allods p2p and f2p.
A new player, unless he already knows the game, will go to f2p as 1st choice. That would be what i would do (and did).
Putting a link on main page won't solve the "problem". It may help, and it's better than nothing.
There should be some place explaining the differences between p2p and f2p. New players don't know them, and "don't care".

Here's a list of some suggestions.
a) Are there any mods on p2p? who are they? there should be at least 2, one each faction to help new players.
b) I posted some time ago that there are no GMs in game. That was deleted and I was told CMs are GMs. GMs used to participate and promote ingame events. Never saw any ingame events with GMs since mail.ru took the management.
c) Some campaigns for 6.0. "Pay" some twitchers and streamers.
d) Send emails to "old" inactive players, giving them 1 month free and some prizes (a unique costume, platinium coins, mount, etc).

Avo
I like those ideas :o
Especially the one with mailing older players and offering incentive to return! I got the same thing from WoW and another game once and it caught my attention xD

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 12:30pm

Oracle

Intermediate

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 12:36pm

At least it would give some visability and perhaps make players "dig around" to find more info about the server.

I'm not really sure how new players are supposed to find out about the server. I mean, if I were a new player, the only way I would know about it would possibly be if someone in-game on f2p would mention it.
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 1:16pm

I'm not really sure how new players are supposed to find out about the server. I mean, if I were a new player, the only way I would know about it would possibly be if someone in-game on f2p would mention it.

There's always the server selection screen, forcing it to pop up on an account without any created characters would also help.

I know there's some inquisitive people (like me 8) ) who will try to fiddle with every button or slider on the screen before proceeding, but most are not like that.

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 2:23pm

+1 to all of those ideas, especially Avozinhos.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 4:23pm

I'm more radical about it...I think what would really save Allods is:

Merge serves to p2p, make subs free or lower its price to half, create a new cash shop that has only exp scrolls/rep scrolls and some minor stuff. remove runes, and everything else. of course cashers are going to cry a river and some of them quit, however, in a revolution, some heads are decapitated(cashers=aristocracy), give a bigger bag to new players and a bigger bank storage, that's it, the game is save, and make some ads to tell the world about the new allods revamped. with no p2w stuff, p2p model, worth it. some drastic actions are needed to save a game if it's almost dying.