You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 15th 2014, 6:35pm

Flying mounts

I really don't understand why we don't have FLYING MOUNTS. So far I can remember 2 games that have flying mounts: WoW and Dragon's prophet. An MMO without flying mounts is like a world without colour... Oh, and also what about to have mounts that can only run on the ground but will be just a bit faster than then flying ones? Or a mount which will be able to actully swime? I don't know what els to say except that i want those mounts (FLYING MOUNTS AND MOUNTS THAT WILL BE ABLE TO SWIME) :!:

Monday, December 15th 2014, 6:48pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I didn't even read your post, but Allods does not need nor does Allods want flying mounts.
That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Edit: Decided to read your post. Nothing in my opinion changes in regards to flying mounts...however, in regards to your question about mounts that can "swime" (I assume you mean SWIM) we already have those.

Lots of them actually.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Dec 15th 2014, 6:56pm)

Monday, December 15th 2014, 6:55pm

Could you tell me why you don't like the flying mounts? I need to know why ppl don't like them...

Monday, December 15th 2014, 6:57pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Allods is just not set up for them. They do not belong in this game. I can see how they belong in other games like WoW and whatever else, but they just...they do not have a place in this game.

Monday, December 15th 2014, 7:12pm

Monday, December 15th 2014, 7:32pm

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

PLus We have Astral Ships not many MMO's have a setup like that.
Smugglers Paradise

Monday, December 15th 2014, 8:21pm

Flying combat mount would be cool. Lol

Monday, December 15th 2014, 9:35pm

Actually Gryphon mount can fly for around a second which seems like one big leap but if you do it from somewhere high,it does fly for some seconds.
There was that combat mount that hovers but I forgot its name.

As for swim,I don't know but I heard that rhino mount could swim.

Also I agree with hcl that Allods doesn't need flying mounts because,there is no air combat except in astral and you use astral ships to kill big demons in astral and also because,you wouldn't need astral ships to sail in the astral if you could fly using mounts.Yet there are some quests where you can actually fly like riding the bird in irdrich's quests and riding the dragons in DC raid.The game's astral ships aspect makes up for the flying mounts pretty much,in my opinion.
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Monday, December 15th 2014, 10:26pm

Gramarye

Professional

Dragon Prophet was the stupidest game i ever played (honestly I played A LOT of bullshit) and in Draenor they disabled flying with a reason...

Monday, December 15th 2014, 11:03pm

And there are mounts which are able to swim in game under water and on the water. And jetpack from goblinaball is flying mount :thumbsup:
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Monday, December 15th 2014, 11:54pm

Tuesday, December 16th 2014, 1:32am

flying mounts would introduce many probems with game-mechanics
i would theoretically LOVE flying mounts but its not a good idea if you really think about it

just some thoughts... all guards in enemy capital city become useless
battlegrounds become weird; ranged classes will take place at roofs or something and shoot nonranged classes from there (like in AT sometimes already)
clipping errors (298572947 of them would occur)
next thing would be flying combat mounts -> dragon that flys around and hits but cant be hit itself due to long range attack, -> even more players quit... this would be some thing even i think that would go too far :P

but when astral acamdemy was new and i flew over the leveling-areas i wish i could have been attacking the ground with the ship
however the most interesting part was that it was possible to jump down from the ship and act like a paratrooper

so, we already have flying mounts, but they are called astralships :P

swimming mounts i know:
- wraith
- spinner
- manabike
- master's aegis

mounts that can no longer swim (silly!):
- rhino

Tuesday, December 16th 2014, 10:47am

Oh come on, if this isn't a troll thread...

Devs of one popular and big MMO introduced flying mounts and among very many mistakes they made throughout the years, this one they actually REALIZED was a mistake. How silly can you be suggesting something like that? Flying TAKES AWAY from a MMO, it's 100% bad, it has not a single good side.

Tuesday, December 16th 2014, 11:01am

Gramarye

Professional

i dont think that the engine could handle it anyway. The only Way to fly being able to control the "y-axis" is Astral (which is bugged/laggy there since years x] ). Everything else is scripted.

btw i dont think hes a troll...his brain was just sleeping that moment
have a good day brain :)

Tuesday, December 16th 2014, 11:15am

Marco

Intermediate

There already is a pearl circle flying mount ancient flying dinosaur . So the engine can handle it.

Possible Zones:

Kirah
Yazes
Siveria
Dragon Ring

Possible Flying Mounts

Pegasus
Griffon
Drake
Carpet
maybe the flying cat but wont look this good

PS: The mecha mounts like the slider as well as the jackpack should stay on the ground....

Greetings

Taleron

My second suggestis, that you have to turn off the PVP Flag, if you want to fly.
That would prevent the WoW problem of a Char flying away from fight or flying to his enemy in secs, so that he cant prepare for fight.

Greetings

Marco

Wednesday, December 17th 2014, 11:06pm

flying away from fight or flying to his enemy in secs, so that he cant prepare for fight.

just that would be the fun part

another fun part would be to make it the way if you TS a flying player he will fall down and recieve falldmg :P

and TS'ing in the air, lol

this is going absurd and thus funny

as for the engine, it can handle it for sure (example is clying carpetfish in wild shore area) but its not very performant
i already have noticed when you travel with mounts faster as 12m /s the area has slight delay in loading

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 8:28pm

i wish if some one told me why you r playing Allods instead of WOW ?..... the answer is cause i don't have a money and my computer is not strong, why you don't make a free mounts( i mean money from the game a few amount of gold, just don't make it very haraaard Please ) i want to ride a mount but i have to pay a real money to get it and i think it's just for a short time and you have to buy a food for them, i hated the game just for this but i love it too, you have to make a mounts that we can buy them or having them if we did a moderate challenges, just don't delete the mounts from store but you have to edit some of them to make it look like better mounts, and you should also make a flying mounts also with a few amount of gold, PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE !!!

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 10:54pm

Hello,

you have to make a mounts that we can buy them or having them if we did a moderate challenges

This already exists in the game.
You can have a free mount several times a year, next time is just in 2 days, "The Tropical Atoll".
You just have to collect a special currency, and when you'll have enough of this currency, you"ll be able to get a free mount (no gold, no real money).
You can have free food every day, with a daily quest, the same one that gives you free 24h incense.

You can read about Tropical Atoll here : http://guilds.en.allods.com/forum/topics…oll-2012-mmorpg
And you'll have the date of 2015 Tropical Atoll event here :

Quoted

We hope you all have a great summer and look forward to seeing you on the Tropic Atoll, which opens on June 25th until August 25th!
http://allods.com/en/news/announcements/…st-2015-results
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 5:11am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

I loved capturing and flying dragons in dragon prophet, plus the ability to buy a house and have carpentry profession to make furniture to it. But that's about it. The game otherwise wasn't nearly as good as Allods is. Although I miss the flying, it's something that doesn't suit Allods' style. And as the topics above already mention, there are swimming mounts - quite many actually - and technically Magic Carpet, Overlord's Aegis and Wraith all fly - they are above the ground; you just can't change the altitude.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 11:45am

Gramarye

Professional

i wish if some one told me why you r playing Allods instead of WOW ?..... the answer is cause i don't have a money and my computer is not strong, why you don't make a free mounts( i mean money from the game a few amount of gold, just don't make it very haraaard Please ) i want to ride a mount but i have to pay a real money to get it and i think it's just for a short time and you have to buy a food for them, i hated the game just for this but i love it too, you have to make a mounts that we can buy them or having them if we did a moderate challenges, just don't delete the mounts from store but you have to edit some of them to make it look like better mounts, and you should also make a flying mounts also with a few amount of gold, PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE !!!

lol ...

1. u get enough food for free by doing the daily-quest
2. the horse costs just 1 euro ... u can exchange ur gold for crytals - 100 crystals are literally nothing

Rate this thread