You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, December 27th 2014, 9:55pm

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

• "Die Antwoord" started this thread

Language Idea.

So here's my idea, each player can have the choice to pick a language, for example I speak English and I have a friend that speaks only french Now my chat shows up as English unless someone times in some other language but my idea is you make a tab around the chat box letting you pick your language, When you pick it every word shows up as your own language, so say my friend types a whisper to me in French when it gets to me it shows up in English for me. I reply to my friend and I type English but when it gets to him it shows up on his chat box as french.. Same goes for if someone world chats in some other language but on my screen it shows up as my language. Basically once you pick your language all languages that show up on your chat box get translated, same goes for other players that pick other languages.

Hope this is understood of what I am getting at?
Smugglers Paradise

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 8:57am

well this is a thing many games and programs try to do :D but its not really working :/

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 9:05am

Yes it's hard to make it working in sentences. Skype is trying to do it now :) . And I think it's possible to make some addon for it.
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 9:29am

Gramarye

Professional

Would be alrdy cool if u could show the languagae u speak with some flag-symbols in ur friendlist/inspect/watever

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 10:33am

Ghost

Trainee

Good suggestion.

RU Allods has never had to deal with language barriers, so I think this sort of suggestion would need to be pushed and backed by my.com.

For comparison's sake, I want to write about some of the things FFXIV has that I would love to see implemented in Allods:
1) Target markers. Number markers (1, 2, 3, etc - to organize kill order). "CC this" and "Ignore that" markers. Symbols like squares and triangles to organize groups or mobs in raids/parties. And I don't want to see these as cash shop items - I really want to see them added to the interface so that targets can be quickly marked with hotkeys.
2) Location markers. Right click on the minimap to highlight/ping an area, such as "Party 2 move here" or "All parties move here." This type of thing can be implemented I'm sure, since there is already coding for that "enemies here" megaphone ping thing.
3) Translator. Players select their preferred language and then have the option to send pre-made messages that are automatically translated by the system, ie: "Hello" / "Looking for group _(map name)_", "Taunting _(mob name)_", "Stop attacking", "Go/Wait/Left side" etc. We don't even need that many. Just basic stuff that can be used as instructions for pvp and pve content. Can possibly code it like a dropdown list opened with a shortcut key - like V keys in most FPS games.

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 12:08pm

Here's my incredibly selfish view on that:

How about people start learning English? It's the unofficial language of the world. Not being able to communicate in English nowadays is a serious handicap.

Also, content updates would happen much faster over here if they dropped all the other languages support.

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 1:03pm

@ Ghost there is already something like this but as a guild rubee^^

@ Dala i kind of agree with you but i know many ppl who are just not able to lern english so its not going to work^^

but in general this translation thing will never ever work^^ i mean think about what happens when you type in a sentence in google translate ;)

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 1:31pm

I agree with Dala...learn to speak fing english!!!

Rate this thread