You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 3:56pm

Share your "rookie mistakes" :)

Just for the sake of laughing together :P

When i was new to allods...

- ... and first visited XAES i ran into the teal-ring mobs and died. I thought i have missed a huge part of questing and that i am not strong enough because of this. (There were no mercenaries at this point so i skipped the quests until i was strong enough to solo it)

- ... i thought that Nezebgrad is the whole area of the game because it looked so big to me as beginner. I also was concerned i would never could memorize where what is

- ... i thought i had missed an entire area for questing because i was stuck in coba-plateau and had to grind 3 or 4 whole levels

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 28th 2014, 6:06pm)

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 4:12pm

Ha-ha!
I personally feel my biggest "Rookie Mistake" was not taking advantage of Crystal Chips selling for 5g/e back then, and collecting as much as I could 'til after they removed the whole Rune Remover/Inserted into gear thing for Runes.

Oh yeah, I used to get lost in Yasker's Tower running up, down, left and right. To be honest, I still catch myself doing those mistakes in there.

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 5:00pm

Duelya

Trainee

So many things to say but all i remember is uhm, i quess at 51 patch, it rly took me long to figure u can uncurse the item ONCE at 90%+, instead i uncursed all the upgraders :P

Monday, December 29th 2014, 9:10am

My first character was an elf mage. I got to Evermeet Isle and fell off the edge of the allod.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Monday, December 29th 2014, 12:59pm

TitanOfOrc

Beginner

my first and the biggest mistake ever was when i was in IMD i stayed 1 month looking for quests
this was in patch 3.0.2

Monday, December 29th 2014, 2:22pm

-Building randomly was my biggest mistake in this game when I started playing.

You see,my first character was an imperial scout and I liked scout's skills so much but later when i was in Eljune by level 25-30 I found out I messed up my build so bad and hence I couldn't level properly since then with that character.Getting a VOD at this point was really expensive at such level so I had to start a new character which was my imperial paladin which I got bored of later on at level 35 or so and made my bard so i ended up with my league bard being level 60,my imperial paladin level 60 and my scout is still level 25-30 :S though it was the class I liked most at first place.

Later on,when I started my bard,I also used some guide but that guide was for end game so my leveling didn't go as smooth as I expected it to be starting from level 40-50 because,that build used requiem not nocturne and mobs in IOR crit so hard.Here I started to waste gold on respecs instead of using it to up my runes back then in the good old days when exchange was low and life was easier in this game. :)

I kept trying new builds till I hit max and still I felt none of the builds I tried did satisfactory damage and suited my DPS role good enough that I thought Bards did no damage back then. haha

One day,when I was checking the old NA forums for any new guide that might be of good use,I found an old out dated guide where there were 3 skeleton builds for DPS bards PVE.One of them looked pretty interested for me since it used a new approach which was focusing chord damage as well as song while focusing less on raving blade when most bards focused raving blade most at that time.My first successful build was built on that idea in that one skeleton build I found.I started developing it and asking other bards and I put it in forums,collected feed back and what people thought of it till I could make it even stronger and could even tweak other builds out of it.A PVE DPS build for requiem and another PVE DPS build for nocturne and the 3rd is a PVE support with less DPS.

I remember the outdated guide at that time on the NA forums I found was made by an old Bard called Symphonetica I guess and that's if memory serves me right.

What did making my final bard build cost me?
It simply wasted much of my time and gold in this game so instead of leveling up in this time and upgrading my runes,I work on respecs and even more respecs.

That's why I put my bard builds for PVE and PVP on these forums as well as Paladin PVE builds(specially physical DPS) which are not PMB btw but they're dedicated for helping newbies out find a good build so they won't waste their early gold and time on respecs instead of runes so they can have even more some little chance in having fun in PVP later instead of passing most of their time dead and waiting for auto resurrection and so some rude people would stop mocking newbies instead of giving them a chance to improve and some pieces of advice which leads to them leaving sometimes reducing game population.

-One other mistake I did when I was pretty new in this game was questing on foot in Nezebgrad instead of using teleports because,I didn't know those blue dots on the map were teleportation points and that actually made my questing take far more time and far less fun back then till I knew later on by level 10-15 or so. ^_^
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Monday, December 29th 2014, 2:50pm

Neos

Beginner

I joined allods as my first MMORPG during the 42 cap on tensess and made many really noob mistakes during that time.

As soon as I reached level 10 and got my first ruby on warrior I got the spell Cruelty thinking the 300% aggro gain increased the chance to fear mobs upon hit. The reasoning behind this one was that as I hit mobs in lightwood lots of them would fear and obviously aggro scares them. To the tanks in heroics runs that I may or may not have popped cruelty every pull on I'm sorry.

My build during that time was anything paired. While I lucked out and got the epic paired maces during my first heroic oreshek fortress run so I used those the entire patch and my build consisted of basically every single cc I could find including the worst skill ever... bulldoze. In pvp I did basically zero damage but I did have really good stunlock and aggro.

My final major noob mistake during 42 cap was with my understanding of finesse. I never had much finesse at any point in the game so the tool tip always listed my damage as decreased and I never once thought that it could be listed as increased so I ran around -10% finesse up until level 41 until after I heard someone talking about have +20% finesse or something like that.

In general over all patches though my absolute biggest mistake and regret was thinking I would win with strongboxes. I should of just dropped the cash on directly buying the best strongbox items from players instead of trying to gamble and instead get mediocre stuff instead.
Neos

Monday, December 29th 2014, 4:26pm

Oh, yes, and another noobish thing I did with the elf mage...

This was just after the launch of 3.0 ("Game of Gods"), and the non-herb gathering professions were still separate from the crafting professions. It was, as a result, long before the existence of Weaponsmithing.

So I got to Novograd, and picked, as my first profession, ...

Wait for it...

Mining.

For a mage (who had, at the time, no significant use for mined ores).

Wottanoob.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Monday, December 29th 2014, 5:48pm

Rinoa

Beginner

My first character was an elf mage. I got to Evermeet Isle and fell off the edge of the allod.
I did the same. I saw the wings on the elf and wondered if it can fly a bit over the edge.
She could not.
Just *facepalm* >.>

Monday, December 29th 2014, 9:45pm

thinking the cost of cc needed to upgrade higher lvl runes wouldnt increase. :(

Monday, December 29th 2014, 10:11pm

IAmGroot

Professional

thinking the cost of cc needed to upgrade higher lvl runes wouldnt increase. :(

Thinking everything, price wise, would actually decrease instead of SIGNIFICANTLY increase when the NA/EU merge happened :(

Monday, December 29th 2014, 10:31pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

A few mistakes I remember about - there are prolly much more :)

- In Avilon, i didn't understand you needed to TP to the upper left shard. I died *countless* times trying to jump on it like you can do for the other shard

- In Coldberg, back when looting hidden treasure gave some gear : jumping from the top of the mountain and thinking "It will be fine"

- Before joining a guild, i didn't know what to do with the signs for daily pledge or fervor quest. I ditched like 1000+ coz no room in bag

- I played Goblinball once. I still have nightmares about it.

- Leaving Evermeet without completing all rep quests. I'm still at 24500/25000 rep for the people there, and can never ever finish it.

- Until very recently (i.e 5.0.1), i didn't know that the free daily incense stacks when you use another while it's still active. I kept renewing it when it expired, sometimes in cumbersome situations. I've been a noob for very long :)

Tuesday, December 30th 2014, 4:16am

I've been stuck on the first Cave of Tka Rik, the one with the guy in chains, the orc and... THOSE BEASTS!, damn them!. So many beasts... so overwhelming... stucked in that quest for a month, trying to get a friend to do it for me cause i couldn't get the orbs, pasives spells, actives spells... i look back now and think "what an idiot!!!"
Also, since this is my first mmo ever, my worst rookie mistake was helping people that will not help me back. I mean, i spent a good amount of time helping people and they didn't return me that favor... that one sucks. I guess we all remember THAT person who took advange of us, not because that person is special, but because you took it as an example, a bad example. But nevertheless i still help people whenever i can, giving some gold, advices, costume i don't use.

Tuesday, December 30th 2014, 8:55am

skullskaldy

Beginner

my biggest mistake was not realising you had to go to the innkeeper to rest.
I was like what level 12 totally weak out of quests in Siveria grinding countless mobs every single level (somehow frozen frontier, darkwater and Tenebra weren't as bad cause i only recall cursing in Siveria),
only in Asee Teph I finally realised you could rest.

the good part is i gained 3 levels instantly :p

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 3:52pm

My biggest mistake?
I quit the game at level 21 because I walked so deep into Tenebra I couldn't get out without getting killed by the mobs.

One year later I forgot why I quit the game so I came back. Also I found a solution:
Created a new char, went Novograd and asked for help.

My regret?
That I forgot why I quit the game which made me come back ;( :D

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 4:56pm

Marco

Intermediate

I destroyed the main ship of Freundeskreis on first try, when they tried to teach me how to drive a ship ;)

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 9:57pm

Gramarye

Professional

Quoted

I quit the game at level 21 because I walked so deep into Tenebra I couldn't get out without getting killed by the mobs.

I know that, my level 4 Orc pala was in north of coba near the june-ruin

But my biggest mistake was that with my first imp-char i ddnt found the obvious way to get to IMD. So I needed to fight threw a lot of 2 level higher ghost south of the pvp-Arena. For my excuse this time there wasnt a Red arrow at the map yet ^^

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gramarye" (Jan 16th 2015, 1:03pm)

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 10:53pm

Tamora

Beginner

I do the astral ship tutorial and, without reading, I drove my ship running from the reactor to the helm because I thought it could only pick up speed with turbo enabled.... but every time I turned on the turbo , the helm was switch off. My poor ship proceeded to jump. When I met my first astral demon I shot with artillery, pressing "2" and... yes, a big melting down:D

All of those in my only first trip in the astral :v

Main: Subra, Imperial Great Gunner
Reinc: Annapurna, Priden Druid
Reinc: Czernobog, Xadaganian Stalker
Reinc: Tamora, Xadaganian Avenger

-Pirati Bastardi-

Friday, January 16th 2015, 12:09pm

Marco

Intermediate

I destroyed the main ship of Freundeskreis on first try, when they tried to teach me how to drive a ship ;)

I know that, my level 4 Orc pala was in north of coba near the june-ruin ^^

But my biggest mistake was that with my first imp-char i ddnt found the obvious way to get to IMD. So I needed to fight threw a lot of 2 level higher ghost south of the pvp-Arena. For my excuse this time there wasnt a Red arrow at the map yet ^^
You was an lvl 4 imp pala on P2P server, when i destroyed FK ship ;)?

I bet you saw the crash miles away by looking in the astral while standing on a cliff on imp side ;)

Greetings

Taleron

Friday, January 16th 2015, 12:19pm

Gramarye

Professional

Oops i qouted the wrong guy ^^

Will fix it