You are not logged in.

New Frontier Rubies

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 29th 2014, 1:08pm

Rubies

Hi guys,

seen some builds online and what concerns to rubis they always use the empty slots instead of the skill close to it. And in my newbieness i dont know if it was a science behind it or not..

I'm a summy using this build http://eu.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!4!333...2…l/MKGRI!qemfb/A

Monday, December 29th 2014, 2:36pm

That's because those are old builds.
When the game version of the calculator is updated, the chosen rubies do not change,
resulting in such builds, which can in general not be recommended ;)

Monday, December 29th 2014, 2:49pm

And there was also the problem in older ruby patterns that sometimes it was shorter to pass over an empty spot than to go around it through some unwanted spots

Imagine arriving from above at 2. You really want 8 next, but you don't want anything from 1/4/7 nor from 3/6/9. 5 is empty. What you do is go 2-5-8 even though 5 doesn't have anything in it, because that costs one ruby between 2 and 8, not three.

Complicating matters slightly is the existence of the occasional ruby that you want to actually avoid having, like the old (might still be there for all I know) summoner one that prevented all your acid-based spells from working. If you have an acid-build summie, you avoid that ruby like the plague.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, December 30th 2014, 3:55am