You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 31st 2014, 10:21pm

New, considering giving it a shot.

So i was looking around for a new game to play with all of these new releases being just copy paste of everything else.

Allods caught my eye when i was looking around but when i saw it has F2P and P2P servers it kinda threw me off, not entirely sure what the difference is and it makes me want to try it out a lot less. If i were to join the game which one should i start off with for a better experience?

i'm looking to make this a permanant thing. not something i get on for a day or two and forget about it. i need something to replace all those others.

Wednesday, December 31st 2014, 11:38pm

Definitely start on p2p, f2p is a shitty experience for new people if you don't want to spend absurd amounts of money. Here are some differences between p2p and f2p and a general FAQ: http://allodsoracle.com/subscription-server/ The only bad thing about p2p is its low population but that wont hurt you too much except you enjoy leveling with a lot of other players and you really like battlegrounds and can't live without them.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 12:14am

this strongly depents on what you want to do :D and how much time you got^^

F2P: This is the original game server so the population is way higher and everything is useable like its supposed to be^^ the only "downside" this server has is the ability to change reallife money in ingame cash with this you can buy advantages over other players in the game

btw if you got less time here you can just buy the necessary ingame gold to do everything^^ in p2p you have to farm it and if you got no time.. well game says fuck you :D

on the other hand you can get every cash item with ingame means too but well this will take a really long time ;)

P2P: its a slightly changed version of the game here you have to pay every month but cant buy ingame advantages,,, or comfort^^ you can get many things like big bags, medicore mounts etc too but it will just be possible at max lvl in astral and raids so it will take quite a hile to get there

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 1:40am

what is missing on payserver:

+ FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!)
+ Astral Servant
+ Statpoints (only 20/25 available)
+ Talenpoints
+ Rubies
+ Defensive Statpoints
+ Proper Trinkets
+ Multiple Reincarnations
+ Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items!)
+ Endless Respec Talents/Stats (no matter how long you play it will never be free on payserver :S)
+ No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)
+ Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol
+ Lootpt is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!
+ Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs!

...there are many more, but that are the basic problems of payserver

if you donate 10$ / month on normal server you can get all these things in a short time, or even better (if you play with $) donate a slight larger amount once and have EVERYTHING from the beginning; that includes for example:
(Bag is already 5 rows for free on normal server while on payserver it takes long for the "small" bag!)

- Lootpet
- Griffon Mount
- Runes Level 5

that would be a PERMANENT sale, not only a temporary

-> for that price you can play like a few months on payserver, OR you have everything from the beginning and play FOREVER free and get the other items just from the gold you get anyway from leveling
no one needs an orange earring slot, green or maybe blue is good enough for almost everyone

so: payserver only is viable for those who play for 2 or 3 months and stop then (lets play video makers,...)
for everyone else normal server is more economic
especially if you say you want play "forever"...

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 2:26am

Thanks a lot for the information guys, from what i'm seeing i'd have a better experience in F2p i really enjoy being in a fairly populated area with lots of stuff going on.

Makes the game feel a lot more alive and makes it overall more enjoyable for me. whether i need to drop money here or there doesn't make too much of a difference and if i don't even have to and can just grind in game that makes it even better.

Now i just need to figure out which server has the largest english speaking community...

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 2:41am

f2p has more player so more englisch speaking^^ the overall population on p2p is probably just about 100 active players^^

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 3:49am

Are there not multiple severs? is there just 1 for f2p and 1 for p2p?

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 3:56am

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 4:00am

Glad to know there's not like 5 servers to choose from makes it a lot easier to connect with the community in the game. :D

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 4:55am

well... thats another way to put it^^ i would like to have 5 servers...cuz then we had plenty of people so we need more servers^^ and we could do interserver skirmishes :D

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 6:10am

Well i'll more than likely be giving allods a shot if there's anyone who knows the game out there that'd be willing to give a helping hand to set me on the right path once i get out of the tut area (if there is one) that'd be great.

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 6:22am

Ghost

Trainee

The subscription server has no problems. Let me RE: ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER's post. These kind of rumors are just silly.

What P2P actually offers:
> Mounts that aren't ridiculously overpowered in PVP, but are fast enough to get you from place to place.
> Extra stat points and talent points are available on character creation and level-up.
> Working trinkets that do not imbalance the PVP with cash shop.
> Single reincarnation (it's better to make new characters than reincs on this server anyway, since there aren't cash shop items that you need to share like on F2P).
> Decent bag and bank slots are available for purchase with in-game gold, bigger ones are available from parties/raids. It gives incentive for people to work for things.
> Respeccing on the P2P is cheaper than respeccing on the F2P. That is because respecs cost cash shop on the F2P, where on P2P it just costs a fixed and small amount of gold.
> All characters receive an equivalent of level 6-7 runes without paying hundreds of dollars/euros like on F2P.
> There is no patronage 5 on P2P (which in itself costs $150 USD or more) - in F2P, pat5 is a requirement for joining big guilds and raids.
> Both servers require gold farming. However, P2P is still cheaper.
> P2P gets damage, healing, and defensive buff in raids so that they can clear content just as well as a cash shopper on the F2P.
> PVP is and will always be as balanced as the classes are. On P2P, if you get destroyed by another player, it's simply a gear/skill difference that can be remedied with time; if you get destroyed by a F2P player, it's gear/skill, but it's ALSO because they have dropped thousands into the game to get their character buffed like it is, and you will never be able to compete in PVP against them unless you pay a similar amount.

It is 21 Euros (or $26 USD) for 6 months of subscription time (Purchase 3 months, get 3 months free). That is more than enough time to get a character to cap level and end-game, get gear, and experience every aspect Allods has to offer a player. And P2P has no "hidden fees" that F2P players like to gloss over, like the purchase of stat-boosting elixirs, replicators, purification scrolls, and a ton of other small things you need to purchase each month for your gear.

It's true that there is a vendor that exchanges gold for cash shop currency in the F2P. However, the exchange rate was 88 gold for 1 crystal a few days ago...
Why farm gold for for crystals to use in the F2P, when you can farm gold in the F2P to buy cheap subscription time? :o

F2P server is for: People who enjoy microtransactions.
P2P server is for: People who want to experience the game without the influence of cash shop breaking almost everything.

P2P is not dead boys. You'd be surprised at how many people are actually playing. There are large English-speaking guilds on both factions on the P2P. :thumbsup:

PS: Give the F2P a try to see what Allods is like. If you enjoy the game, come to the P2P. That is all.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ghost" (Jan 1st 2015, 6:28am)

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 7:19am

The subscription server has no problems. Let me RE: ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER's post. These kind of rumors are just silly.

So, if i were to make a F2p character how would i exchange gold for sub time? would i need to start a new character? and how long would it take roughly to even get the gold to exchange for it?

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 7:30am

Ghost

Trainee

So, if i were to make a F2p character how would i exchange gold for sub time? would i need to start a new character? and how long would it take roughly to even get the gold to exchange for it?

To exchange gold for subscription time, buy crystals from the exchange npc in-game and then go to this link: http://en.allods.com/subscription
Yes, it would be a different character. F2P and P2P are completely different servers.

At the exchange rate of 88 gold for 1 crystal, it would cost 88,000 gold for one month of sub time (1,000 crystals). Easier to pay out of pocket; that's quite a high amount. But for comparison's sake, 1k crystals doesn't buy you much on the F2P either - maybe a loot pet and a slightly bigger bag, or a slow mount by itself.

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 7:43am

even thou iam pretty sure this buy 3 month and get 6 for free is some kind of bug :D but whatever

@Urpo well taking his 21 euros as an example thats 2100 x 90 = 189.000 uff well to farm this amount (btw iam pretty much max geared atm) would take ME probably 2 weeks minimum

well ok iam pretty lazy and wont spend many hours with mobs farming so its the gain from maze (nearly 50k a week) and other battlegounds and there are people who earn gold way faster than me^^ but on the other hand if you just use your charackter to gain the money for p2p it probably wont have as much gear as i have and you wont gain as much^^ so it will take even longer^^ also you cant just take the gain as free win cuz in some activities you also have to invest a certain amount of money to succeed

but i have to say i love all those discusions about p2p and f2p :D i mean everyone has his own playstyle right? why has every side to badmouth the other one? iam playing f2p cuz i like the ability to spend cash so i get gold ingame (cuz i rather stop the game than farm gold..i mean iam going to work in reallife and use this game to relax...if i now work in this GAME too then i do something terribly wrong...but well just my 2 cents) and its not like everyone is running with lvl 13 runes here... ther are at max 10 players with them and half of them are so bad you can kill them and laugh while doing it :P

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 8:29am

Well with all that being said is there an exchange person on the P2P worlds by chance? why is there no direct way to get onto the subscription page? can't see it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Urpo" (Jan 1st 2015, 8:40am) with the following reason: had another question.

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 10:15am

Well with all that being said is there an exchange person on the P2P worlds by chance? why is there no direct way to get onto the subscription page? can't see it.

Because the company who's hosting the website is retarded and not putting a link to the sub page there. They told us they would change something though, so it might happen someday. There is no exchange NPC on p2p because there is no cashshop, absolutely no way to get an advantage over other players, except for simply playing the game. Also you don't have to farm much gold there since you don't have to have some of the cash shop items unlike on f2p. You probably can't grasp how ridiculous the cash shop is... Here's a link to a slightly outdated guide to what you need to have on f2p: http://de.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…2808&highlight= The gemshard ratio has gone up by 30 gold which is almost a 50% increase so things will mostlikely take you longer and require more gold.

If you don't want to farm gold for useless shit all day and get destroyed in pvp by people that have pvp mounts and better runes play on p2p.

If you like spending A LOT of money on games or farming gold all day, play on f2p. I don't recommend it because the cash shop destroyed the game for me but if you can deal with it you can have lots of fun.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 11:46am

ALright so F2p is either ridiculously large ammounts of money that i'm not willing to throw down or ridiculously large ammounts of time. though F2p seems to have the larger community where as the p2p seems to have a small but fairly active bunch. think i'll save up some money and go with p2p thanks for helpin' me decide guys.

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 11:57am

Ghost

Trainee

One of us, one of us ~
But seriously. Whatever faction you choose to be on, just contact anyone who posts around on the P2P forum: http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?page=Board&boardID=125 or ask in zone chat in Novograd/Nezebgrad.
We'll help you. Both factions have English-speaking guilds and players that will give you leveling advice and get you comfortable in the game. Hope to see you soon. :thumbup:

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 12:36pm

what is missing on payserver:

Aaaaaargh, the misinformation/emphasizing unimportant things, it burnsssss...

+ FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!)

Dog mount is available from Ancient Mound. It's 14.9m/s, it IS FAST.

+ Astral Servant

Unless you pump large amounts of cash or play few years already, very unlikely you'll ever have it.

+ Statpoints (only 20/25 available)

Unless you pump large amounts of cash or play few years already, very unlikely you'll have more on f2p.

+ Talenpoints
+ Rubies

There's 3 less talent points and 3 less rubies than total maximum available on f2p. Aaaand again:
Unless you pump large amounts of cash or play few years already, very unlikely you'll have more on f2p.

+ Defensive Statpoints

No one else you're competing against has them. Fair game.

+ Proper Trinkets

Trinkets you collect from shards are good enough for PvE. No one else you're competing against in PvP has better anyway.

+ Multiple Reincarnations

No big deal. There is usually a clear winner for a best reinc skill for your main and if you're one of those people who likes to play different characters, rolling a new alt is not an absolute futility like it is on f2p.

+ Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items!)

If you're the type who just afks in the main city or doesn't care to gear/progress, meh, I'm not sure if I want to convince this type of player to join at all...

+ Endless Respec Talents/Stats

Unless you pump large amounts of cash or play few years already, very unlikely you'll ever have it.

+ No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)

This is actually very good. Some people are lazy enough for this to remove them entirely from your competition on the market.

+ Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol

Completely disagree, I find farming an enjoyable aspect of the game too.

+ Lootpt is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!

That's not even close to "very late". It's available during the leveling process, that's not even beginning of endgame, it's a very small total percentage of your playtime to get there.

+ Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs!

As far as I know, they cost exactly the same on f2p.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jan 1st 2015, 12:47pm)