You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 1:02am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

• "Die Antwoord" started this thread

OK Warrior vs Pally (tank)

Which do you find better, Pally tank or Warrior tank? Please stat Pro's and Con's of both classes In tank build, This also goes for tanking high endgame tanking, Stats, and even Who has higher Dps
Smugglers Paradise

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 4:07am

IAmGroot

Professional

Can warriors even tank?
I haven't ran astral or a raid without a paladin tank since the NA/EU merge.
They exist?

I'm honestly quite curious as I have been a warrior, it's just been a really long time and it seems like 99.999999999999% of warriors are DPS.

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 7:41am

warr tank is legit af bruh i often prefer it over pally tank, as a healer, in s26-28. pallies aoe aggro is generally garbage as dpsers dont know how to wait before dpsing. warrs is almost instant.
Evreu

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 8:16am

Well
Pala
-battleress
-double healing
-aoe healing
-op dps
-bariers
-can tank with 2h weapon and heal himself with bloodlust
-problems with aggro? (on dps I overaggro palas so often)
Warior
-barier
-nice aoe aggro
Some people in guild say that scout tank is ok even for s29 but I don't believe them!
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 8:50am

Scout tank > Warrior Tank > Pal tank

That"s all Just try after comment =)
Orions maximus decimus meridius
Grand Théurgiste

PEGI 18 !

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 10:23am

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

I had to tank last Eclipse raid (I'm a warri) and I'v to say, I din't had problems to keep single target aggro or that I'v lost too much hp.
well, my dps is ... non existed (against the rest of the raid dps and pali tanks), but my job as tank is to keep aggro and don't to die ^^ and that works very well even as warri tank, since the patch.
Forum Code Of ConductGeneral Game RulesAccount Ownership RulesSupport Staff

• Subscribe to my Gaming or Anime YouTube Channel • Visit me on MAL

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 11:45am

as a prevous healer i must say i find it a little bit annoying to heal pally tanks, since first they doesnt take dammage because of the barriers and when the barriers starts to break then they are taking more damage at once.

While warrior is the oposite thanks to the absorbing shield

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 12:37pm

It depends on the player ^^ ...

a good tank is easy to heal, a good tank dont get that much dmg, a good tank has no problem with aggro...

a lot ppl have just crap stats + crap build....

both can tank, but i think paly tank is better for s29, because of barriers.

a paly tank need more time to get wounds (if no crap stats)

battlerezz is op, but you can have battlerezz with palydps too (for me palydps with battlerezz = useless, waste rubies for more dps)

a paly get 9% more heal ... so even esier to heal, when you have wounds...

and of course a paly do mooooore dpASSSSSSS !!!

<- as tank dps like a dps O_o ... but it always depends on player ! some sucks, some are op

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Protection" (Jan 7th 2015, 6:24pm)

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 6:52pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Quoted

a paly get 9% more heal ... so even esier to heal, when you have wounds...

:D
Forum Code Of ConductGeneral Game RulesAccount Ownership RulesSupport Staff

• Subscribe to my Gaming or Anime YouTube Channel • Visit me on MAL

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 10:25pm

wow never saw that O.o probably cuz no warr wants to tank :/ or better wantet to tank cuz it seems wars are a dying race :D

Wednesday, January 7th 2015, 10:33pm

Oo when do the warrior get those rubbies ?

yeah but palys still get slower wounds, because they dont get dmg directly ...
I only saw warriors in eclipse, but never in s29 O_o

I would like to see a warrior tank in s29 (video) + eclipse third boss with 25 stacks !

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 10:31am

Gramarye

Professional

As DPS i linke warris more because they tank groups souch better. I can just remember 2 Paladins since their rework in 2011 ( As I remember) which werent to stupid/ Bad to tank all adds perfectly. All other pallys lost the Aggro of atleast 1 mob. I also saw a retard using his aggro-spell just on 1 mob all the time ignroing everything else.

Anyway i never saw a warri kiting like shit just destroying DPS or much worse let his Party die because he kited some cleaving mobs throw the other players.
I wouldnt say warri is worse but its so much more simple to play for a lot of retarded brainless players...

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 11:02am

as a pally tank i can say aoe aggro with a normal group (that doesnt w8 until i have casted my aggro spell on most mobs) its almost impossible to hold aggro from a larger group (more than 4) easily. It is only easy if you do much more dmg than the others. 2/4 Spells in Holy Tank rotation (holy for aoe) reduce aggro since last "minor" rework. Yeah, Dmg increased but group tanking, what holy pallys were for, ... try it, youll hate it. Before i hardly ever had to use taunt, now its more or less one of the spells used right away (as holy).
Warriors, as long as i know, had less dmg in rather full tank build (1h, not 2h :D) but if played right they almost never loose aggro, even in groups. But i guess, most ppl dont want to play a warri tank with low dps and since pally could also tank with higher dps, well...
Warrior has some really nice tank rubies which pally misses (more armor, evasion, ..). Ok Pally has parry rubies but they dont work as said (1000 hits and ~8 and less parades with 1h and shield?!? useless 3 rubies!!!).

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 11:21am

Warrior for many mobs
Paladin for Big boss (like eclipse)
Scout for ehh idk :D

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 11:59am

I have played with Pala tank and warr tank too and healer too and dps too.
If you go with a team with experienced members, then is very easy with whatever class.

The pala tank problem: doesn't aggro all mobs.
The worse, if even don't hit all: => healer get aggro from those who don't received dmg.
Scout, Mages start dps-ing with high dmg spells : Icy comet/meteor, ofc they stole the ago and die. Absolutely no reason for any effort if that dps did the mistake twice consecutive, just leave the allod and remember him to not go with next time, or teach him in 3-4 hours maybe will learn or maybe will listen you or maybe he understand at all what you write in English, some doesn't know the basic words.

The warr problem:
It is fine at astral you gear up, but at raids somebody else is the tank: a pally or 4 pally. No spot for you, "sorry". Go and play astral.

If you need batte res, then your team is by far to be perfect... That is not an argument to use pala for me.

My personal opinion: the party member gears + runes should math the zone requirements.
If those are, then is fine, if not, then is coming the magic and playing with patience, and 3-4h allods.

The most common problem is the dps meter addon. Everyone want to be top dps.
They don't care about agro, just to be top on dps, since they are dps class and the tank role is to tank...in they heads...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "user_3926592" (Jan 8th 2015, 12:07pm)

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 2:49pm

As the tread started about endgame tanking I will share my experiences in s29 and tell why pala is better.
If you need batte res, then your team is by far to be perfect... That is not an argument to use pala for me.
Seems like you have never been in s29. It's not hard to get 1kk+ hit there from some random attack especially with 40% more dmg
The most common problem is the dps meter addon. Everyone want to be top dps.
They don't care about agro, just to be top on dps, since they are dps class and the tank role is to tank...in they heads...
Pala don't have aggro problems on 1 target for rest is cc. And dps MATTER A LOT because without it tank will get wounds and more wounds well he will just die because with 2wounds healer will just heal for almost 0 :S .

Double healing and aoe healing is good too but protection on any party member is really cool wariors dont have skills like it.
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 3:19pm

On 29 a warrior would only be interesting if he could tank the bosses longer before getting wounds than pally. Cause as Diamant said, in 29 you do almost no aoe, mostly singletarget where possible (cc). In Eclipse there is besides dmg, if needed ,no reason for pally or warri. Pally advantage is: beeing able to deal with slow but high dmg hits. If there are bosses with faster hits and lesser dmg per hit, warrior is in favor because his barrier, working parry skills and more armor (rubies).

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 3:23pm

IAmGroot

Professional

In regards to this...
95% of the time I REALLY REALLY WANT a paladin tank (because of bRez) and an engineer for s29.
Why?
Because tanks die. They just do. Wound complexity becomes to much to handle and they die.
Having an engineer is fantastic because of the rez. It clears all their wound complexity and they're alive and and ready to do tanking.
So yeah...it doesn't matter whether you're a paladin or warrior tank. You're going to die at some point in s29 and having an engineer around for the rez can save the allod.
As the tread started about endgame tanking I will share my experiences in s29 and tell why pala is better.
Seems like you have never been in s29. It's not hard to get 1kk+ hit there from some random attack especially with 40% more dmg

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 3:34pm

reeah19

Intermediate

both classes can tank, if they can't tank or take wound too fast their stats are messed up.
both have similar rubies, similar barriers. Getting agro as warrior is easier tho, because as pally you need to change target and in big pulls some don't wanna wait till you actually get agro as pally then they complain.

been playing with both classes in pt, i have a pally and i didnt noticed warrior taking agro harder than me, pally used to be even better before this last nerf (taking damage thru barriers is bs :/), before u couldve last so much more before wound, guess that made it fair for some but tank is meant to tank not die.

also for those who tank dps doesn't matter at all, only thing a tank should focus is keeping agro... if u want to dps just dps... tanking is not about dpsing
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 3:34pm

most bosses in s29 are easy .... if you have enough tenacity (75+)
you dont need aoe-aggro in s29, because you cc as much you can O_o .... there is enough aoe cc, so its no problem to get aggro from mobs in few seconds ;D ... i "play" a paladin, i know that :D !

eclipse is easy to tank, you just need enough dps ... i saw a lot warriors who tank with 2h in eclipse (boss 1 - 7), so palys could do dps (because they do more dmg actually)

A Paly is also good in AoE aggro, if you know how to ;D !!! Its only a problem if there are more than 5 mobs ._. !!!

For sure actually a paladin is a lot more helpful as tank & dps than a warrior ... sry for all warriors :S !

Rate this thread