You are not logged in.

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 9:20pm

Secret Object Gates-II and Dersaadet Isle

I'm having a couple of troubles with 2 astrals: Secret Object Gates-II and Dersaadet Isle. But first i must adress 1 thing: mercenaries. I like them, the AI it's pretty cool sometimes and... that's about it, i use them everytime i do astrals, getting into parties is a no-go for me: it takes time, peeps are not reliable, i rather spend some gold to get the mercs. Now the issues...

Secret Object Gates-II: last boss, the engineer, once he starts spawning turrets i got wasted: all turrets will attack me and that's not a problem cause you can get rid of them. The problem is that more will respawn: he starts with 3, i get rid of 1 and then 2 more will respawn make them 4... then i die. I can't do this boss :/

Dersaadet Isle: this boss it ain't even the last one: is the Witch. After you drain half of her energy she morphs into a serpent, attacks for few seconds then attracts all players, transforms them into serpents and then you have to avoid stepping on the acid she pours all over the ground. Obviously i'm not trying to step on it but even if i try to leave i get pwned by it, but no my mercs, somehow they are not getting any damage from it at all. After i died 9 times i finally did it but in a very lucky run where i used my healer's shield and i did avoid the acid, since it deals such a great damage it's ridiculous. That's the problem: the huge damage it takes. Somehow i know this is one of those skills that kills you instantly but that they should be able to avoid it if you know how (like those lady mages at Jeer's House and the ice coming from below).

If anyone knows how to deal with this problems i'll be glad to read it :) thanks

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 9:26pm

RE: Secret Object Gates-II and Dersaadet Isle

i must adress 1 thing: mercenaries. I like them, the AI it's pretty cool sometimes and... that's about it, i use them everytime i do astrals, getting into parties is a no-go for me: it takes time, peeps are not reliable, i rather spend some gold to get the mercs.

same here :)

its not a direct answer to your question but did you know you can also gear up only doing wild shore mobs? trade in the refractos & astralkeys for loot and you need no other players and you need no mercs... its just you and the mobs

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 11:50pm

reeah19

Intermediate

Secret Object Gates-II: hard to do solo cuz at 10 stacks they most likely 1 hit, try to get 1 more with u at least, i usually do with my friend and in 2 is smooth
u should only pick bombs and throw at turrets and change mercs target on turrets, also move when he targets u so u dont get boomed, after that pick bomb and use.

Dersaadet Isle: u have to run very fast, if u lag even just a bit u die, i agree that the pools spawn too fast, i usually die at that boss, try to use R -autorun when u are transformed

Like Allods said, if you dont want to play with ppl astral is pointless, gearing a ship and solo sail is hard and doesnt worth the effort, trading refractory for loot is was less time/gold wasted.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, January 9th 2015, 1:03am

Like Allods said, if you dont want to play with ppl astral is pointless, gearing a ship and solo sail is hard and doesnt worth the effort, trading refractory for loot is was less time/gold wasted.
I do astrals cause they are pretty easy usually!, AND, adressing the loot and mobs, you get more stabilizations, crystals for the ship, ship parts (usually green, yeah) and i'm using those refractors from FD (cause i'm there currently, 46k gs...), the ones with 50%, cause they are pretty cool, they seems like you are using the 100%, and i know that may sound kinda stupid, but i tried opening boxes with both and i felt that: 50% ref = 100% ref WHILE USING FOR OPENING THE ASTRAL BOXES.
I can solo/merc: Jeer's House, Emerald Isle, Reflection of Irdrich (love this one cause of the extra box you get), Catacombs, Green Maze and bounch more of them that i don't remember atm. I'm saying this cause it's not fair that some of them are pretty doable with mercs while some of others are kinda hard and unfair (the damage the acid deals on Desaardet... why?).
Gonna keep trying astrals tho... faster and easier SOMETIMES u.u
Btw, who usses the R button anyways?... gonna try it, could work. Tell you later, thanks

Friday, January 9th 2015, 11:43am

Gramarye

Professional

The mercs are bullshit. Without CS their stats are low and theres no AI, theyre just attacking the target u give them.

And those crapsectors u seem to go its unimportant which refrac ure using. 200% will get downgraded automatically too. Thats nothing new or surprising...

Anyway u will need to destroy the turrets throwing 2 Bombs at them (1. destroys shield 2. Destroys the turret itself)

Dersaadet its hard to avoid but u will need to run instantly after u get pulled to the boss. Run straight forward until no new aoes are spawning

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 1:38am

Anyway u will need to destroy the turrets throwing 2 Bombs at them (1. destroys shield 2. Destroys the turret itself)
didn't try that, this week i got Desaardet and Emerald cause i did it 6 times, i exchanged the other 6 keys for 2400 loot + refractors at 100%.
Yeah the AI ain't good sometimes: i got the healer getting aggro from mobs on Desaardet, those mobs that will attack with no posibility of getting taunt by the tank... BUT they avoid the fire on the ground debuff now!... not a HUGE improve but... and it sucks cause i didn't see that debuff since the releasing of the patch in march and i was surprised by it, i mean, mercs avoiding fire!, cool!.
In the end astraling is all about breaking the everyday normal tasks, which for me is farming gold, killing mobs at FD and putting people on my ignore list :D
Thanks, Gramarye, gonna try that thing next time i'll get into that isle, fingers crossed tho.