You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 7:41am

Can't kill dead pirate "Merry" in Dead Ships quest

What is the strategy for killing the dead pirate Merry? If I attack Merry first, his monkey companion, Shin-Chan seems to heal him. If I attack the monkey first, it respawns again soon, forcing me to spend most of my effort on the monkey during the whole fight. My companion Eugene Silberpod can only get Merry down to about 30% before Merry kills him. Spent 2 hours trying to advance this quest unsuccessfully.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 10:52am

Got him down to 75%, then his shield and that annoying monkey respawned. Takes kinda effort to take the monkey down, especially when merry keeps on hitting me. Died on the 2nd time the monkey was summoned.... Can't complete it in any way solo, and ofcourse its a zone where u may not call for a party or a lvl 60 to help :thumbsup:

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 11:24am

When I was levelling a reincarnation (on a double xp weekend), I was able to pretty much skip all of Irdrich going straight to Umoir (so I had terrible + socketless gear), I had the same problem. It's INSANELY hard with very bad gear but doable. You have to save up all your burst abilities while killing the monkey and use them on Merry every time. Also, bring potions of restoration and healing.

If you REALLY cannot do it, try buying a higher level item for some significant slot (like chest, pants or shirt)

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 12:21pm

Nandita

Intermediate

Also watch out for Merrys AoE.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 12:40pm

If I'm not mistaken, you have to pull the monkey away from him and it dies easier. It's been a while since I did that quest on RU with a character with basic gear, but I think that was the trick.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 2:19pm

Ok will try that.

But I play as a Paladin, and i've noticed that its very hard for characters without a healing skill to solo certain quests/mobs/bosses etc...

Paladin has a heal tho, but it drains alot of energy and has a long cooldown (and for me the average heal i get is around 30k-50k, so not alot). So its basiclly choosing between an attack or a heal. That makes it kinda hard compared to a summoner for example, which has lower dps (if im right), but uses a minion to absorb most damage AND summoners can use heals on both their minion and theirselves. So I guess i should make myself some healing pots or something like that.

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 2:23pm

I did it on a warrior with 211/111 runes. It is doable, I just can't remember the trick clearly. :) All bosses in the new questing instances have some trick to killing them, that is more complex than normal or astral bosses. Many have raid boss complexity if you don't have the gear to just own them. But they are all doable, I have done them on a warrior with no itemshop or gear.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 3:01pm

Ankush

Trainee

I had tough time here with my 211 111 runes. its easier if you let the merc tank first then kill monkey and nuke boss. Always use cc / slow down etc on him . when he becomes shielded kill the monkey again.
I kited him with my mage from start to end. doable but takes few trails to get to know him better.

* First thing I thought was why the hell did i put his skull back on his skeleton. Cud have looted the skeleton when he was 'dead' already.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Ankush" (Jul 10th 2014, 3:10pm)

Tuesday, July 15th 2014, 9:14am

He's tough, but the clue is: Let that mercenary tank merry first. Then the monkey will run right for you. Keep moving away from Merry and kill his monkey. Now merry's shield will dissapear, you can hit him now, or just leave ur merc fighting him alone. (Best option is to stay away from him becuase he can AoE). Then when he summons that damned monkey again, lure that monkey asap away from Merry and kill it again. Its shield will dissapear again and you can choose to hit or run again. My merc died when Merry had only 30% hp left. That isn't a lot and i finished him off with like 3-4 hits more. So he hits hard, but has low def/hp.

That's about it :D (Oh yes, im an alchemist, and my potions helped me ALOT! Specially the healling potions, they healed me for 25% hp, and thats alot when you have 250k+hp while fighting a solo boss :rolleyes: )

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 11:00am

If you have an interrupt skill, you can use that to stop Merry from respawning the monkey.

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 3:17pm

IAmGroot

Professional

If you have an interrupt skill, you can use that to stop Merry from respawning the monkey.

Holy thread necro batman.

Friday, August 15th 2014, 5:48pm

Windstorm

Trainee

When i lvld ma warden reinc it was insanely hard also ;i remember i died again and again untill i took reinc buff off then still took some cus the merc was dieing while Merry still has like 30% hp as i remember yesh .Not an easy one q at all ,but i did it fine with my pala,didn't had any trouble with it at all .I just killed the monkey 1st ,letting the merc to tank the Merry ,running from its aoe .Good luck with it :)