You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 1:22am

Why do NOT gear up?

As I see in this days the top players are in Fablet gear + even "enchanted" weapons + full glyps.
To hit they and do a considerable amount of damage you need at least same rune + patronage + gear color one less then the target ( legendary) or equivalent of that. If you don't have it you can CC and if you are with equivalent of -3 folor ( blue) you are a piece of material of 1 shot for everyone.

Now the Patch 6.0 will change the gear+ glyps. I see absolutely no reason why pay 300 euro or so to have legy/fablet gear from green/blue/epic!

The game content, except PvP and raids is accessible at blue+epic gear with patr 5 + 9/8 runes:
I can solo crowned mobs at Formlorn and do the gearing up, if I would need.
I can do the Kingdom of elementals quests
I can do the Amalgam quest in reasonable time. ( doesn't take 2h as at the beginning)
I can do the trials at Tka Rick cave for Amalgam.
And thats the part of the game content which I can enjoy.

Everywhere, where I can make 50-60k dps there i am considered "geared enough" . Everywhere, where I am making over 100k dps I am considering "overgeared". Ideally it should be around 60-80k. Everywhere where Iam making 20-30k dps I am considering "not geared enough for that"

At this level not really doing anybody astral. If i would upgrade the gear need to spend on astral megaphones for" lfg 26,27,28" - wich is just a next quality of gear.

At raids I can't join really and not worth:
In a guild, which can clear the last boss and receive draconics there are to much candidates, more geared.
In a guild which do, try to do a raid without draconics, there are to many rolls for 1 costume box. Percentage to win x box price / time spent is to low, better do anything for gold income.

Battlegounds:
A sensible point for almost everyone.
There are already 66k GS players who makes the fight to win/loss.
I can help my team to CC they opponents or select a target geared just like me or even less and kill it.

If they start to blame and ask low geared people to not join I will respond to: All low geared join and lets punish those who afk at capital Novo or Nezeb and don't want to AFK at AL Rihat Formlorn! - because I have spent several megaphones, asking for 2 just to ask at my next zone: Foul Dale.
I can solo mobs there, not need to kill for me and I just loot. But nobody helped. So I think they fully deserve all 20k-30k gs players.

Share our idea and lets see if Iam wrong!

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "user_3926592" (Jan 10th 2015, 1:32am)

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 1:54am

Gearing is limited in time left for this patch so Play the games as you find it fun.
Be ready for name calling in all battle grounds, it is MMO.
Expected to have to earn all things on your own and be happy if others are taking time to help you (Find a nice guild to grow together).
You are not the servant of the higher geared and they are not the servant of the lower, all can play as they like.

Have fun at this game and be ready to make top gear next patch if this one seems too soon to end. :)

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 2:18am

Yeah, but I think it is missing a game content, which require the next gear color for soloable mode.

As I see now and patches back to .. level cap 45:
- if you have relative low runes ( in this days 5/5) you need epic gear set+legy weapon
- if you have medium runes 8-10 you need epic weapon and a few gears epic + patr 5.

I don't see any content, which is accessible for me to get it to epic or legy.

In conclusion in the next patch too:
Gear up to blue+epic or epic + legy ( dependsing on your CS ) items and stop gearing up, because not worth.

For +1 rubie from raid complete you pay a lot of gold, neves.

I would say to stop gearing ( at patch 6.0 , 7.0) and start collecting gold and buy cash from items from AH, level up runes, buy patr 5, buy foutain of death, goblin servant, Legy ear slot not needed.. buy extra talent points, buy extra stat point, conclaves, trinkets and so on.

I found at the horses not needed the latest one, if 1 generatio old from Prophetic card it is good, because they aren't increasing the quality so much.
Example if you have dragon from past even not needed to get this forest.

This card has at 60 luck the 50% chance roll ( lucky strike).
That needs about 50 compass.
Usualy it is 7 crystals / compass.
So 350 crystal you spend and or you get at the first strike or you wait for next event.
I find that is the optimum.

The horses if to low on party ( maze ) you will be who break the whole team or so.

I don't see a reason why to spend 200 euro for a combat horse. That 3.5 euro x 2 is farmable.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "user_3926592" (Jan 10th 2015, 8:08am)

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 8:37am

Artuditu

Trainee

For people who prefer to have a good start into next patch there IS a reason to gear up now and not only to stick to their fabled items but also make enchanted weapons.

'Owners of level 60 Fable equipment will be able to exchange it for fortified Uncommon level 66 equipment by completing an NPC’s quest, located near the forge.

Enchanted Fable weapons can be exchanged for a new one with additional level 65 glyphs depending on the stage of improvement:
1st stage – for a fortified Uncommon weapon with glyphs of Uncommon quality;
2nd stage – for a fortified Uncommon weapon with glyphs of Rare quality;
3rd stage – for a fortified Rare weapon with glyphs of Rare quality.'
(source: http://allodsoracle.com/in-development-glyphs-and-equipment/)

I agree that if we were talking about Uncommon level 65 items, it wouldn't have been that much of an advantage but level 66 is a bit of different story IMO.
And imagine having Rare wepon/wand/bow with Rare glyphs right at the start.

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 10:54pm

for new players there is no reason to gear up now, correct (the little boost you get if you have teal gear is nice but it wont be worth all the gold!)

save your gold up for something useful is a very good idea (items from shop / auctions / next gear / ... )

when gearreset comes, gear from the beginning if you want to be top, if not medium gear is more than enough

if ppl in bg flame you just put them on the ignorelist, no one cares for their raging (btw ignoring makes them rage even more, very funny thing :) )

and yes, the effort on some raids just to get 1 ruby is FAR too much (personally i see raids as content only for those who have everything else and are bored)

i see someone here has really understood how the game can be played without the need of any $ :thumbup:

+1, great post!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jan 10th 2015, 11:01pm)

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 11:58pm

Since we dont know when the next patch 6.0 will come this discussion is interesting but kinda ...
Lets say the patch will come in early march, ok you are right, farm gold for 7 weeks or so and after you are happy with new content to keep up with new gear.
But what if the next patch will come in late April or later? Farm gold until then? If you want to do more than 3 months of only gold farming and nothing else, your choice.
I can see that it is very expensive and and time consumpting to gear up. But if you have a party or a guild who all wants to do that together and its fun, why not?

In principle you are right though. To be fully competitive against every player, you have to w8 some patches and gear until a certain level and only farm after that for, idk how much time you have to play and dont want to spend real money, the time comes when you can buy the nice expensive cs items you want. But i can tell you, its boring like hell to only farm for the sake of farming (one reason many player leave the game after some time).
Sometimes its best to not overthink everything. This is a game and you should enjoy playing it, with friends, alone, however you like it. I keep telling, hell, if a full 13 runes full cs and full geared Player can one- or 3 shot me very fast, then be it. They payed for it (loads of money or ingame time!). Of course its annoying, but unless you pay loads of money or time also its like barking against waves. There has to be a difference between players who play this game regularly over 3-5 years ore more then players who play it roughly 6 months. Thry another perspective. If you play Allods online for some time and start to feel like a younger veteran and there comes a new player and 2 shots you and laughs all the time at you spending all that time for nothing? This game would be not that fun (at least i think that, then remember, there is always some other better player...).

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 2:20am

There has to be a difference between players who play this game regularly over 3-5 years ore more then players who play it roughly 6 months. Thry another perspective. If you play Allods online for some time and start to feel like a younger veteran and there comes a new player and 2 shots you and laughs all the time at you spending all that time for nothing? This game would be not that fun (at least i think that, then remember, there is always some other better player...).

absolutely true
(this is what i always mean if i refer to a stateful game vs a stateless game...)
so much truth in this thread

:love:

all i can add is that its TOTALLY worth it if you collect gold for a long time and then can buy what you desire
i regret nothing
gear will reset, items stay
thats why items are ALWAYS > expensive gear

gear is only worth it if you can farm really faster with your upgrades and if you farm a lot (you should bring in the costs of the upgrade + some decent win)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jan 11th 2015, 2:26am)

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 4:07am

Something to remember is Enchanted Weapons give a lot more GS then they should.

Whether that's due to an error in the code for them or just the value they were assigned is unknown at this time. Because even at level 3 they only give you about 120 vigor and stamina. Yet somehow that translates to 4000+GS.

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 9:29am

if u don't want to gear up and u keep ruining pvp don't be surprised if none wants help you at the next patch of the game. In my mind every body should quote pvp leechers in ther friend list with leecher coment to be sure never help them

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "darkhorus" (Jan 11th 2015, 9:53am)

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 10:51am

Autopsyst

Trainee

gs from 60k and above means nothing cuz its all the same fable
I don't like you, you don't like me
Its not likely that we'll ever be friends
Why pretend?

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 11:20am

Katerina

Trainee

Hello,

Don't want to be trolling, but if you don't gear up and come with your horrible gs at arena and bg...

No one is forced to help you to access foul dale... Don't you have a guild or friends? I'm sorry, but if you don't play with friends or a guild, you can't do too much. I never asked someone in /zone to help me. You must be resourceful...

At least, full leg with some fab (Wand, Weapon, Armor) is necessary if you want to be a little efficient in PVP. Epic gear will not help...

We all started with a low gs... I don't blame low geared to come in bg, but if they keep their low gs and keep coming to bg.. Omg xD

(Sorry for my bad english)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Katerina" (Jan 11th 2015, 11:29am)