You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 26th 2015, 10:40am

Nadfee

Beginner

• "Nadfee" started this thread

Alchemy vs Leatherworking?

Hello!

I'm a scout and was just wondering which of these one professions would be most useful to me.
I've thought about the use of potions that could be very useful but also how end-game Leatherworking gear can help me out in rough situations.

Comments, suggestions?

Monday, January 26th 2015, 11:06am

Nandita

Intermediate

Leatherworking and other professions will be redesigned with the next Patch. You will be able to craft Glyphs.
But if you know any Player that will sell them for a good price, alchemy is very usefull the whole time you play. Doesnt matter if you have max Equipment and everything you can get, you will always need Alchemy.

Monday, January 26th 2015, 11:28am

Nadfee

Beginner

Leatherworking and other professions will be redesigned with the next Patch. You will be able to craft Glyphs.
But if you know any Player that will sell them for a good price, alchemy is very usefull the whole time you play. Doesnt matter if you have max Equipment and everything you can get, you will always need Alchemy.
I suppose i'll be getting Alchemy then.
I'm thinking more long-term.. the gear boost will probably only last a couple of days/weeks until you get proper gear.

Thanks for the reply.

Any other comments/suggestions from people?

Monday, January 26th 2015, 11:46am

Nandita

Intermediate

I suppose i'll be getting Alchemy then.
I'm thinking more long-term.. the gear boost will probably only last a couple of days/weeks until you get proper gear.

Thanks for the reply.

Any other comments/suggestions from people?

Keep in mind that professions will be the only way to get Glyphs in the next Patch. Maybe take both professions.

Monday, January 26th 2015, 11:57am

Gramarye

Professional

Lol itught u can geht glyphs from the New wild shore area??

I would recommemd u to get the 2nd profession and do both, vor take weaponsmithing, beacuse of the different glyphs u will be able to produce ( as I understood it)

Monday, January 26th 2015, 11:57am

Azazel

Beginner

Better get leatherwork first, there is a reputation quest whic gives u a secondary profession license, leatherwork makes it easier and faster to get. after that u have both profs

Monday, January 26th 2015, 12:03pm

Nadfee

Beginner

You make glyphs with Leatherworking now? or we're you referring to a "new profession"/redesigned profession for next patch?

EDIT: Quoted the wrong text

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Nadfee" (Jan 26th 2015, 12:16pm)

Monday, January 26th 2015, 3:02pm

Gramarye

Professional

The existing professions will geht overworked, so that they will be able to craft glyphs. As I und er stand it u just can produce a few glyphs per Werk and u need to produce X glyphs of each Quality to unlock the next one.

@Azazel: works with alchemy too

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 11:35pm

i recommend you dont waste time with handworks at all until you are max level
if you are max level, getting your handwork up to max level is maybe a matter of 1 or 2 hours

dont sell the leatherpieces & material-chests you get while leveling if you want to use them later for leatherworks
also dont open the chests or your bagspace will suffer

once you are max level, it seems to be a good idea to get alchemy 1st, but only when you have lootpet & looting instructions! ( longterm-advice: if you plan ever doing weaponsmith / blacksmith get the dual looter-instructions, it is cheaper in total as buying them seperate)

but keep in mind, you can also get gold & amalgam from battlegrounds, so alchemy quest is not THIS important, especailly now where we have a cooldown on the extractor which makes things ridiculously slow
its only worth if you can sell your amalgam overpriced to those who cant wait :P

BUT in the next verison 6 crafting will become more important, so maybe leatherwork will be more important than alchemy then, i cant tell for sure
would be 1 more reason to wait and see how things come

also: you can get up to 3 handworks at the same time
1st is free
2nd can obtained by doing the Q of the crafting-guild-master npc in capital city OR you can buy from shop
3rd is an item from shop

example
you get alchemy 1st, then leatherworks and one time you will get weaponsmith too

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 11:43pm

but keep in mind, you can also get gold & amalgam from battlegrounds, so alchemy quest is not THIS important, especailly now where we have a cooldown on the extractor which makes things ridiculously slow

Did you really just recommend someone who isn't max level yet (and therefore won't be having good gear anytime soon) to queue battlegrounds? like... really? :thumbdown:

With green/blue gear it won't be a fast gain and it definitely won't be fun to participate in battlegrounds. Alchemy quest is a lot better way unless you are like 1 tier of gear (or less) behind relatively to what most progressed people on the server have.

Wednesday, January 28th 2015, 8:27pm

Did you really just recommend someone who isn't max level yet (and therefore won't be having good gear anytime soon) to queue battlegrounds? like... really? :thumbdown:

With green/blue gear it won't be a fast gain and it definitely won't be fun to participate in battlegrounds. Alchemy quest is a lot better way unless you are like 1 tier of gear (or less) behind relatively to what most progressed people on the server have.

BG gives amalgam & gold while amalgam-Q only gives one of both things (use yourself or sell it)
so if you compare the amount of gold&amalgam you will make out of BGs and the amount of the quest it will most likely be better to do BGs; only exception would be either to sell the amalgam for extreme high price, but thats unlikely since there will be a lot of chaper sellers; or BGs fail all the time

(the ultimate combination for those who dont waste any time would be to queue for BG and while waiting do ama-Q)

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 3:48pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

i recommend you dont waste time with handworks at all until you are max level
if you are max level, getting your handwork up to max level is maybe a matter of 1 or 2 hours

dont sell the leatherpieces & material-chests you get while leveling if you want to use them later for leatherworks
also dont open the chests or your bagspace will suffer

once you are max level, it seems to be a good idea to get alchemy 1st, but only when you have lootpet & looting instructions! ( longterm-advice: if you plan ever doing weaponsmith / blacksmith get the dual looter-instructions, it is cheaper in total as buying them seperate)

its only worth if you can sell your amalgam overpriced to those who cant wait :P

BUT in the next verison 6 crafting will become more important, so maybe leatherwork will be more important than alchemy then, i cant tell for sure
would be 1 more reason to wait and see how things come

also: you can get up to 3 handworks at the same time
1st is free
2nd can obtained by doing the Q of the crafting-guild-master npc in capital city OR you can buy from shop
3rd is an item from shop

example
you get alchemy 1st, then leatherworks and one time you will get weaponsmith too
Blah Blah Blah....

Truth be told...leatherworking will help you while you are leveling saving time from having to do the crappy rep gear quests and being very easily able to kill mobs fast.

Alchemy is something that will help you out more at endgame then at leveling. At lvl 55 you can get your second profession after doing the rep which I suggest you do while leveling up your leatherworking. At 55 you can then start leveling your alchemy and have it completely leveled when you hit 60.

Alternatively you could buy the 2nd profession through the cash shop and level them both up at the same time. This however will keep you broke.

Friday, January 30th 2015, 12:17pm

Gramarye

Professional

I think it doesnt matter which profession is used to level the rep

I made it with alchemy which worked pretty well because of addons

Friday, January 30th 2015, 12:32pm

I have no idea how it is on f2p now, but on p2p picking Alchemy as first was a huge mistake.
In order to get the required rep, I had to gather about 500-600 Potent Achillea for the last stage alone (20-25k), not even counting previous ones - it was a huge pain in the ass.

Friday, January 30th 2015, 10:52pm

I have no idea how it is on f2p now, but on p2p picking Alchemy as first was a huge mistake.
In order to get the required rep, I had to gather about 500-600 Potent Achillea for the last stage alone (20-25k), not even counting previous ones - it was a huge pain in the ass.

i think with herb-gathering looter its very easy since you get the herbs without doing anything special anyway, just from moving around

Friday, January 30th 2015, 10:59pm

Gramarye

Professional

idk what potent achella is (cuz my client as another language) but it took me not more than 5k gold, pretty cheap compared to the item in cs.

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 5:07pm

idk what potent achella is (cuz my client as another language) but it took me not more than 5k gold, pretty cheap compared to the item in cs.

Gold? You mean it was actually straight up possible to buy? If you don't have to gather the resources by yourself then I guess there's no difference between alch and other professions.

It's very likely that the amount of herbs required to get there with alchemy simply won't be there to buy though.

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 6:33pm

Gramarye

Professional

Gold? You mean it was actually straight up possible to buy? If you don't have to gather the resources by yourself then I guess there's no difference between alch and other professions.

It's very likely that the amount of herbs required to get there with alchemy simply won't be there to buy though.

ah got u wrong...Yes ure right. I had the expansion for my fancy bird, so it just took the time brewing the potions. i needed the gold for the ingredients from the npc

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 7:35pm

actually even if you do NOT have the looter-manuals you can buy every kind of plants from auction house since ppl put stacks off 100 in there for 5 gold each

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 11:48pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

actually even if you do NOT have the looter-manuals you can buy every kind of plants from auction house since ppl put stacks off 100 in there for 5 gold each
If he is on the free server. Last I looked on the sub server there were only core morphers.

It still costs you more gold in the long run to do rep on alch.