You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 5:32pm

Completely disagree with above post. Two hours a day left to play is nothing, you won't even notice how fast they are gone.
MMOs are about huge time sink, ideally infinite...

And isn't the whole point of playing games to forget how shitty real life is? Ideally of course would be to forget it exists at all, but I doubt someone managed to achieve this yet.

Spending eight hours plunging your hands into the filth that real life is for measly two hours of nirvana-like state is a terrible deal I would never take, ever.

It defeats the whole point. I'd rather not play at all than experience unpleasant shock of the transition every day.

Also, farming for hours and hours every day is pretty pleasant and satisfying, I don't get why people whine about it.

In the end, I respect farmed 6s way more than bought 9s+

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 9th 2015, 5:40pm)

Monday, February 9th 2015, 5:50pm

the ideal thing for a gamer is become so rich that you no longer have to care about RL and can spend as much time as you like for the game, without thinking things like "oh i must go to sleep so i can work / study / whatever tomorrow"
it should be rather like "oh i can play until im so tired i fall asleep, then i go to bed and when i wake up i can continue playing anyway again"

further, i believe that the amount of money spent in this game does not say much about the financial stuation in RL
there are ppl who are relatively poor in RL but still invest a huge amount of money into the game, just because its so much fun to them

its not like it would be a PROBLEM spending money on allods for most ppl
just look where you waste money every time in RL... just to name some popular things that will fit for a LOT of ppl...

- alcohol
- smoking
- visiting cinema (movies are free on the internet!)
- buying junkfood

therer are LOTS of other examples but its obvious what i mean... so just not wasting money for these things would theoretically free a considerable amount of money for the game for example in many cases
so if someon really WANTS to put in money in most cases im sure there is a way

the only remaining questions is "AM I WILLING to pay for VIRTUAL goods?" everyone knows for himself

i think for most ppl its " time > money",
better be not rich but have time to do pleasent things than beeing rich but having no time for yourself

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 9th 2015, 5:57pm)

Monday, February 9th 2015, 5:55pm

the ideal thing for a gamer is become so rich that you no longer have to care about RL and can spend as much time as you like for the game, without thinking things like "oh i must go to sleep so i can work / study / whatever tomorrow"
it should be rather like "oh i can play until im so tired i fall asleep, then i go to bed and when i wake up i can continue playing anyway again"

This guy gets it. 100%.

I see many people on these forums are not true gamers sadly.

better be not rich but have time to do pleasent things than beeing rich but having no time for yourself

Not from what I see. The amount of people who would dare say doing job x for money is "beneath them" is shockingly low.
People don't value themselves and their time at all, it's the reason employers have power over potential employees on today's market, it's the reason we have a modern version of slavery now in 21st century. And of course it makes me weep for humanity.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 9th 2015, 6:05pm)

Monday, February 9th 2015, 6:00pm

while i have no problem if someone does not play this way for whatever reason i think its still unfitting if those who do this get trashtalked about
i rather play with runes 2-1-1 1-1-1 as long as i want than with runes 13-13-13 -13-13-13 only 2h every day...
and by playing as long as i want i wont stay long with 211 111 anyway ;)

even if some ppl cant imagine this, i actually had FUN finding ways to get gold and i had FUN farming for long time
its fun to me to thrive in this game without $
if i would just have bought all i have now a huge load of fun would have been missing

The amount of people who would dare say doing job x for money is "beneath them" is shockingly low.
People don't value themselves and their time at all, it's the reason employers have power over potential employees on today's market, it's the reason we have a modern version of slavery now in 21st century. And of course it makes me weep for humanity.

sadfully many ppl cant escape this slavery on their own
theoretically there should be a minimum income for every human in the world to fit basic needs, and only luxury things should be charged, a RL f2p model
THIS would REALLY give everyone the chance to thrive if he / she just wants

so actually the allods-model would be a great base for RL

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 9th 2015, 6:23pm)

Monday, February 9th 2015, 6:46pm

freestile

Professional

further, i believe that the amount of money spent in this game does not say much about the financial stuation in RL
there are ppl who are relatively poor in RL but still invest a huge amount of money into the game, just because its so much fun to them

its not like it would be a PROBLEM spending money on allods for most ppl
just look where you waste money every time in RL... just to name some popular things that will fit for a LOT of ppl...

- alcohol
- smoking
- visiting cinema (movies are free on the internet!)
- buying junkfood

therer are LOTS of other examples but its obvious what i mean... so just not wasting money for these things would theoretically free a considerable amount of money for the game for example in many cases
so if someon really WANTS to put in money in most cases im sure there is a way

the only remaining questions is "AM I WILLING to pay for VIRTUAL goods?" everyone knows for himself

Perfect post, i couldn't have said it a better way :thumbsup:

"better be not rich but have time to do pleasent things than beeing rich but having no time for yourself"
==> i think that someone that is really rich can afford to pay people doing all he needs to do IRL to be totaly free to play h24 if he want, but it's nearly what you said at the begining of your post.

PS : in a month I'll be 18 (the age of majority in France) so I can finally do what I want with my money so I can enjoy myself using the cash shop, yesss :love:

Monday, February 9th 2015, 7:35pm

If people read my reply in its entirety and understand it, there would be no need explaining things what ware writen already.

-Having a job also means having days off.
-I mentioned also, if you are happy where you are keep on keeping on.
-Not everybodys gaming prefrence is the same.
-13s player will have different view on the game and gaming expiriance than somebody with lower cash shop and runes. Also vice versa.
-Somebody paying for the gold will not have same expiriance as somebody who has to farm. Also vice versa.
-Don't hate on "p2w" players and there is nothing to be proud of paying or farming.
-Time=Money
-Money=Time
-13s/"p2w" player worked/farmed IRL.
-5s/"f2p" player worked/farmed IG.
-Both players paid with their Time. Time=Money.
-You either waste your Time farming in game, or you waste your Money in game. TIME=MONEY---MONEY=TIME.
-Nobody care weather you are "f2p" player, or "p2w" player, both paid with their TIME. Look above for the formula again sick of writing it.

I swear, "f2p" players are becoming like fucking vegans.
"Three people walk into a restraunt, how will you know which one is a vegan? Don't worry, they will fucking tell you so you know."

Stop it, we are all players, we don't care what kind.
Game does require currency and we all pay, with different currency.

As far as job works, here is another quote that I enjoy.
"Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life."
-Not sure

I enjoy what I do in life and I can be away from the game and I do not require enormous amounts of the time spent on it to still get the satisfaction.
-Personal prefrence.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 7:50pm

-Having a job also means having days off.

Unless you have more days off than actual job, it ain't worth it in my book.

-Time=Money
-Money=Time

This is wrong. Time has much more extra value to me, some of it is irreplaceable and it's loss impossible to compensate, no matter what money is offered.

Part of that "hidden" value is lost while working and remains there intact while farming gold.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 7:56pm

wow... are we really having a discussion here about if you should get a job or not so you can play more ? 8| thats pretty.. well just wow... no more comment :thumbsup:

Monday, February 9th 2015, 8:28pm

I did ask you to keep this on topic. I'll ask again, but for the last time. If you have any other opinions regarding the original questions, then feel free to post. If you want to talk about something else, please create a new topic.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 8:28pm

Dala, remember, everything has a price tag, before you continue :D
I find farming extremely boring and repeadive.
So I would rather enjoy working with people than farming.

Quoted

-Personal preference.

Types of job hours:
-Part time (2-4 hours)
-Part time (6-8 hours)
-Flex time (make your own work hours/schedule)
-Full time (40 hours or more a week)

Let's say you work 4 hours a day 3 days a week and 5$/hr.
Two weeks =24 hours
24x5=120$
After tax and all let's say you are left with 100$
Time=24hours.
Money=100$.
100$=9,000 bc
Exchange rate at 91:1
9,000x91=819,000 gold.
To clarify Time=Money even more.
Time SPENT= Money EARNED.

So now, you tell me you can farm consiststantly MINIMUM 819,000 gold, in 24 hour period.
Either way I made my point, done replying to topics like this with common sense.
Kbye.

To stay on topic.

Yes the game does require you to spend time or money. Your time is just worth more having a job.
No you will not have 13s and full cash shop items sitting on your ass whole day. Ever.
If the game, any game has option to spend money in it, 99% you will have to if you want to stay caught up and competitive with players that do, however, still playable just not to the full content that the game offers.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "VashBOG™" (Feb 9th 2015, 8:36pm)

Monday, February 9th 2015, 8:33pm

last words regarding the offtopic part:

Spoiler Spoiler

i agree with you in almost every thing you said
i also like the quotes you wrote, they are full of truth

the only thing i do not agree with is "time=money"
its more like time > money

money is only a compensation for time

but i still like how you stress everyone has a different POV, because that cant be said often enough

its also worth saying (even where its obvious) that you can earn "full cs" within a year of work for example (or faster depending on how much money you make) and that will be faster than just playing for sure
but,

Time has much more extra value to me, some of it is irreplaceable and it's loss impossible to compensate, no matter what money is offered.

Part of that "hidden" value is lost while working and remains there intact while farming gold.

this states exactly my sight on things

so... lets come back to topic as wished and to a FINAL conclusion, regarding the 3rd asked question of OP

Quoted

"3. How p2w (and new player friendly) is the game?"

some ppl are happy with spending $
some ppl are happy without spending $

both have fun in this game, its possible to enjoy the game with and without money
and everyone does what is most fun anway :love:

Monday, February 9th 2015, 8:49pm

Dala, remember, everything has a price tag, before you continue :D
I find farming extremely boring and repeadive.
Let's say you work 4 hours a day 3 days a week and 5$/hr.
Two weeks =24 hours
24x5=120$
After tax and all let's say you are left with 100$
Time=24hours.
Money=100$.
100$=9,000 bc
Exchange rate at 91:1
9,000x91=819,000 gold.
To clarify Time=Money even more.
Time SPENT= Money EARNED.

You don't seem to get it. You treat buying power as the only value.

What if you absolutely hate every minute, every second spent doing the work?

Well, it seems you're the type of person f2p server is targeted at.
I personally think the real life money and time should never, ever be allowed to be interchangeable in an MMO game and therefore - subscription model is the only fair one.
Within that model time spent playing the game is the only value.

Time expressed in monetary value is one of very many terrible things f****** up real life and bringing it over to games is ridiculous. It's one of the things to escape from.

I also believe "everything has a price tag" to be one of the greatest lies ever told.

Monday, February 9th 2015, 8:53pm

Ok then. I'm locking this thread. If you want to continue your debate, make a new thread.