You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 5:05am

Deserter Buff vs Dominion

Hello,

I made a suggestion on the wrong part of the forum, but I still think it's important.
I think that the Deserter Buff (that you get by quitting BG) shouldn't affect Guild Dominion Battles.
If you join 30min or less before the scheduled battles, and forget or get DCed , you won't have a choice but to skip the Guild Dominion.
So, it can compromise the results, specially on raid battles.

So, my suggestion is not to remove Deserter Buff, but to develop an NPC that removes that buff.
You may pay a high amount of gold to remove that buff (2 or 3k), in order to join other battles (including important Guild Battles).

The Deserter Buff was a big improvement to stop the "Trolling", and it shouldn't be removed =]

Thanks for reading.

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 11:52am

It's so stupid idea. Deserter is made to be a punishment for leaving battleground and in your case it made you not to go for dominion. It's effective next time you will think twice before leaving or signing.
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 3:19pm

Well... for starters, you should begin explaining your point by being more polite. I'll take your post as offensive.
Plus, I know it's a punishment, as explained above. And I don't know a better way to punish someone, then to mess with it's wallet.
But, the idea of the game is PvP. What is the point if you can't PVP?

My idea is to give flexibility to the punishment. Almost like Posting Bail. What do you think about paying 7-10k to remove it, is it fair now?
But, I had another idea. Why not make Deserter not only for the main char, but for the reincarnations too?
You get the buff in one character and it goes to all reincarnations aswell.
And maybe, not counting down the time, while offline.

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 3:24pm

Deserter works fine right now. For future reference, just know when Dominion starts and don't queue for battlegrounds half an hour before that.

The idea is pvp, this is why deserter punishes *ONLY* in terms of pvp. That's where the punishment will hurt or matter. The idea of deserter isn't really to punish people for leaving, but to discourage them from leaving. As such, it should remain as it is - because it's shown to work.

Oh and just so you know - nobody in the world cares if you find something offensive. That's a useless sentiment.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 4:15pm

So, you are saying that only because it works, it shouldn't change?
I won't use "stupid"to comment about your opinion, so I'll ionly say that I don't agree.

Look ate the Pros. The currency of Gold = > Cash is high, why? There's too much gold in the game market. Making a player pay gold to keep doing stuff, will take some of the gold out, and things will get cheaper.

Charging a high fee to allow a punished player to join dominion is benefical; while just blocking him from joining, will only be noted by his guildmates.

Also, your last words were also a wrong statement, since you cared enough to reply about it ;)
Education is a very important matter. If he's or your's mothers didn't gave it to you, what can I say, right?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "churrasz" (Feb 8th 2015, 4:33pm)

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 5:14pm

Any nerfing of the deserter buff to allow players to join any pvp, makes it less of a deterrent. That means people will start leaving more. Do what a true gamer does, accept you made a mistake, learn from it and don't make it again. Developers shouldn't have to change the game because you messed up once and are so weak, you can't face the reality that you made a mistake.

Quoted

Education is a very important matter. If he's or your's mothers didn't gave it to you, what can I say, right?

So you get to insult people, but when they speak *harshly* and not even insult you, you get your feelings hurt? You can dish it out, but you can't take it? That's actually in the definition of idiot I believe.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 6:33pm

I never said I did such thing and I don't leave BG.
You never got DCed during a BG? What if it happened to YOU, minutes before dominion?
10k gold is not a low price. No one would want to pay it, if it wasn't ABSOLUTELLY needed.

And you are complaining about my manners, eventhough I never insulted anyone. Show me where the insult is.
Just saying that lack of home education is probably the cause for you talking like that.

Plus, the definition of idiot is someone with mental illness. Read more.

I still think you care about how I feel. ;*

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 6:42pm

if you feel the need to do some BG 30 min before,
queue battleground with a reincarnation, so it does not matter when you get deserter buff there

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 8th 2015, 6:47pm)

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 7:26pm

Just don't queue for battlegrounds 30 minutes before dominion, it's quite easy. Oh, the "what if it happened to YOU" argument that zeroes use. It doesn't happen to me. All it took was one time. I said "ups, I messed up this time, not happening again". Your suggestion is simply stupid, and it's that egocentric sentiment loser players have "I messed up at the game, please make it so I can mess up more without it mattering". The people begging that developers constantly make games easier (which is what you're doing in this thread), to the point where there's no challenge, no fun in the game at all.

That's no way to win at games.

Sunday, February 8th 2015, 9:17pm

That's a good suggestion to don't queue for battleground. But, the thing is that battlegrounds happens 30min before.
Tell me how a player gonna mess up a game when he'll lose more than earn? this player is stupid.
I'm not begging, I'm making a suggestion and as far as I know you have to respect that, because this topic is for this:
" Allods Online Forum » English » Issues and Suggestions » Suggestions »"

It's quite easy to get DCed while in battleground when you live far from the server. Most of the games have a ping filter.

I'll just stop arguing with you, because it's turning into flame.

Hatters gonna hate

Monday, February 9th 2015, 12:32am

hat·ter
/ˈhatər/

noun

a person who makes and sells hats.