You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 8:09pm

Gladewalker

Beginner

• "Gladewalker" started this thread

how do i save for mount early

Im saving up for my own mount plus feed. Gonna get either the horse and feed (total 850 crystal total) or the griffon and feed (1650 crystal total).

Now heres my main questions;

1. Does it matter, speed wise, if i get the horse or the griffon?
2. Do i have to buy the horse twice to get the mount and the color, or do i get the extra color when i get the mount.

Its getting tiring to travel from place to place on foot, and in dire need of a mount lol. Ty for answering my questions. :thumbsup:
Those that don't, are enraged by those that can. Give people a reason to hate you. Do the best you can, and don't let ANYONE hold you back.

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 8:10pm

griffon much better than horse, i strongly recommend griffon (faster, has a "jump" skill which is a wide leap forward)
buying food = waste, there is a free quest for food; "daily customers", about with level 20 available at rune-selling NPC

i also recommend to get a lootpet (lootbird magpie)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 10th 2015, 8:27pm)

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 8:44pm

Gladewalker

Beginner

• "Gladewalker" started this thread

but how would i save up for them without spending real cash? Still early on in the game, so im more focused on the mount atm and then will get loot pet later
Those that don't, are enraged by those that can. Give people a reason to hate you. Do the best you can, and don't let ANYONE hold you back.

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 8:53pm

but how would i save up for them without spending real cash? Still early on in the game, so im more focused on the mount atm and then will get loot pet later

You save up gold you get from quests, but don't expect to get enough before at least like level ~50-55.
I'd advice you to forget mount for now, there are things that make way bigger difference - like runes, bigger bag or loot pet.

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 10:22pm

you can wait for an event that gives away a free mount (wolf or horse)
you can also ask your mentor to become "best friends" with you so he can lend a mount to you
if your mentor declines just get a new one

otherwise if you want to do it on your own, as Dala said, you get gold from quests, save it up, but there are things that are much more useful than a mount for a "naked" player

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 7:16am

Allods Online is one of the games that does not allow beginners to get a mount till some higher level. Like 45-50. And it won't be even a fast mount, just a horse.

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 9:10am

Quoted

Allods Online is one of the games that does not allow beginners to get a mount till some higher level. Like 45-50

This is epic-level nonsense. If you have the money, you can get a mount right from the very beginning. The Imp beginning areas (the ship and the Cloud Nine resort) aren't big enough for it to matter, of course. I had a mount (basic horse) before I did the courier quest that gives a free two-hour fast horse, you know around level 10.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 11:56am

Quoted

Allods Online is one of the games that does not allow beginners to get a mount till some higher level. Like 45-50

This is epic-level nonsense. If you have the money, you can get a mount right from the very beginning. The Imp beginning areas (the ship and the Cloud Nine resort) aren't big enough for it to matter, of course. I had a mount (basic horse) before I did the courier quest that gives a free two-hour fast horse, you know around level 10.

Is it? A player who just started a game, with no money to buy crystals, how much money he needs for mount, do you know the answer? And how much time he will need to get that much gold? Just because you might have money to buy horse or other mounts, does not mean others also have that. It's fact that the mount Allods give away for two hours will last till asse teph. And what later? Of course, nothing till Kirah.

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 12:10pm

It's fact that the mount Allods give away for two hours will last till asse teph. And what later? Of course, nothing till Kirah.

You can optimize it's use.

The timer is ticking down only when you're actually mounted on it and not while the cast bar of it's summon is in progress.

Only use it for bigger/more annoying zones.
Always dismount from it if you intend to stay in place for more seconds than the mount's summon time (like for gathering ore/herbs or reading quest text if you do this).
And above all - never, ever AFK on it.

Full free players have to act smart about their very limited resources.

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 12:20pm

I am aware of all you mentioned above. That's how I used my mount and that's as far as I can reach. Expect, I use it for most of quests.

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 12:49pm

If you're a free player, don't buy mounts from the itemshop. Save up your gold, convert a lot of it in crystals and wait for a prophetic cards event. They drop nice mounts, all better than the itemshop ones, and while you're trying your luck for a mount, you'll get a ton of great potions and crystal chips. It's the best investment for a free player. Plus, the next prophetic card, for 6.0 has adorable mounts in it.

Also, you can wait for an event that gives away mounts. On RU, those happen fairly often, I don't know about here.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 12:52pm

Run mate....run while you can and dont look back...

Or go sub server

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 1:30pm

Run mate....run while you can and dont look back...

Or go sub server

Best advice ever xD

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 2:03pm

If you're a free player, don't buy mounts from the itemshop. Save up your gold, convert a lot of it in crystals and wait for a prophetic cards event. They drop nice mounts, all better than the itemshop ones, and while you're trying your luck for a mount, you'll get a ton of great potions and crystal chips. It's the best investment for a free player. Plus, the next prophetic card, for 6.0 has adorable mounts in it.

Also, you can wait for an event that gives away mounts. On RU, those happen fairly often, I don't know about here.

the only notable problem with prophetic cards is, that the new player eventually will have spent lots of crystals in the end but the only thing he has are for him worthless elixiers, worthless costumes and some cc where he could have bought more by directly buying

and on lucky stroke only golddust maybe :S

so its still some kind of gambling unless you spend SO MUCH crystals that you get a guaranteed price (and at this point its no longer worth)

after some time there is always a "Mount madness" sale where you can buy the prophetic card mounts DIRECTLY from boutique
(but if you are lucky prophetic cards will be helpful, yes)

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 3:33pm

@darknes100lord:

*You* said that a beginner must wait until level 45-50, as if there is some sort of universal prohibition.

And that just isn't true. I was a beginner in Allods, and around level *10* I bought a mount. Around level 35 (while I was doing Coldberg), I got a free "Combat Wolf" (wolf mount plus skin that looks like a Roman legionnaire's armour) as an event reward, and if I'd been lower level, I'd have had that anyway. Compare e.g. SWTOR where a non-paying player must wait until level 25 before being allowed to buy a licence to equip a mount.

While there may be *practical* limitations that prevent no-cash players (can't-pay or won't-pay) from acquiring non-event permanent mounts before around level 45-50, it isn't a universal prohibition.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 4:57pm

so its still some kind of gambling unless you spend SO MUCH crystals that you get a guaranteed price (and at this point its no longer worth)

The combined value of everything you get is totally worth it, but compasses shouldn't cost more than 5 crystals each. The idea behind prophetic cards is that they provide not-so rich players with a chance to catch up a bit. RU does that a lot.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 6:11pm

but compasses shouldn't cost more than 5 crystals each

yes exactly
if the compasses are cheap its OK, since you can be like "oh still now win, lets kill another few mobs and try again"

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 6:41pm

Autopsyst

Trainee

since you are new player, you probly have Mentor. ask him to become your best friend. best friend can share mount up to 4th rank (lion)
I don't like you, you don't like me
Its not likely that we'll ever be friends
Why pretend?

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 10:04pm

reeah19

Intermediate

never ever buy mount!!!! borrow with best friend till cards appear then do those to get mount, also your gonna get cc and gold dust but overall you have way much more to win.

i didnt had a mount till 43-44 lol, back when kirah had no portals, is slow but is not important, looter pet is much more useful, since u win alot of time, walking to gather drops takes longer than walking to do quests :P
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 2:30am

Talk to your mentor asap and ask him to best friend you,i think you need to be lvl 15.The higher the lvl the higher the cost to be best friend.
If hes not willing to lend you a mount thats not the mentor you want.

And as many said before wait for a prophetic card sale.There are basically 2 types of mounts in-game,Battle mounts and the rest.Battle mounts go for like 100/300€ depends on luck.The others mounts the best you can get comes from prophetic cards.

With the money you would pay to get that gryphon you will get a much better mount,crystal chips,costumes,gold dust,elixirs and some other random stuff.

Oh and does "crappy elixirs" as someone said are the best ones in-game,fundamental for end-game content like raids and dominion pvp.
You wont be raiding or doing dominion anytime soon but they can come handy for certain areas that you might feel a bit overwhelmed.They have a expiration date and are bound so might as well use them.