You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 7:44pm

Faction change?

Hi there, do anyone knows or have some info about will this new patch bring faction change, I have friends that play on other faction and I rly hate to play MMOs alone. ( :

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 7:47pm

Hello,

There's 99% chance that faction change won't get back to the game.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 7:48pm

IAmGroot

Professional

We had faction change before.
It ruined the game.

Please do not ever bring this back.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry about your friends, but I would suggest you just re-roll your character over there.

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 7:56pm

I have this character since open beta, I dont think I have time to re roll another character. ) :

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 8:26pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

I have this character since open beta, I dont think I have time to re roll another character. ) :
I do hope you are talking in real life time.

And yes faction change can stay locked in it little closet and never come back again.

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 8:44pm

Yeah I am talking to mine real life time, I am full time student, and I work privately from home when I have time. I rly love this game, and now I am not playing it only coz I dont have with who to play it... ) :

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 11:37pm

Bombabouh

Beginner

everyone want this faction change back. only thing which will save this game.. this game sucks badly cuz of unbalanced factions.. but seems Support doesnt even want to help to bring some freshness into this game..

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 12:48am

Just never ever bring that thing back. Might as well close server if you do.

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 1:22am

shouldnt bring it back knowing the way devs applied it to the game with no restrictions. will kill the game even more than it already is.

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 1:36am

it would be much more interesting to make an option to create reincarnations on both factions after completing a demanding quest (effort similar to personal allod now)

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 3:59am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

everyone want this faction change back. only thing which will save this game.. this game sucks badly cuz of unbalanced factions.. but seems Support doesnt even want to help to bring some freshness into this game..
Sorry but I must giggle if you think that opening faction change is the only thing that will save this game. Talk about unbalanced factions already, they open it up and it will be worse.

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:01am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

it would be much more interesting to make an option to create reincarnations on both factions after completing a demanding quest (effort similar to personal allod now)
Sorry but I personally think it is a stupid idea.

Choose your faction, stay with it or reroll a new toon on the other faction.

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 9:02am

The faction change mechanic was disabled because it literally broke the game. Before faction change, I remember that factions were pretty much on equal standing, in some times, the League was dominating (for new people, this might seem like a lie, but it's not). When faction change came, a few people came from empire to league, but a whole lot more went from league to empire.

This happened because there was a restriction in place: You can only transfer from the most populated side to the least populated side. But frankly, the mechanic that determines which one is the least and which one is the most populated, was broken. Some even said that imperial players made a ton of League alts, so no matter how many leagues would go imp, they'd still be the underpopulated faction.

From what I know, devs were trying to think of a way to balance this, but since they didn't enabled it on the russian server, I can only guess that they didn't manage to find one.

The only way faction change would re-balance this server is to prevent too many league players from changing. A raw example would be to allow 1 league player to transfer only after 5 imp players transfererred. (probably not the best idea, but it could work)

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 12:55pm

on the main european Server (ISA), bevor faction Change there was a rediculous imbalance between the factions. originally minc dominated the game (for some reason), but later and over a Long period of time Astral Riders literally dominated the Server. league won like 95% of all skirmishes. with the faction Change at first a certain Balance was restored, and the kings of the world (astral riders) literally were kicked off their throne, and all their arrogance wanished in a big black hole (that still drives this big hysterical smile into my face, and makes my day whenever i think about it). Facit: it was not all really bad about the faction Change.

then there was this 'free mirrah skills thingy' that came with the outnumbered faction. here is exactly the reason why it failed. People from empire wanted to Keep the free mirrah skills on their side, so infact they made zillions of accounts on the league side to Keep it overpopulated.

currently, if you compare it to previous situations, the Server is very balanced. even though empire has the 2 top guilds (Champions fight wise), the runner ups are pretty Close and there is not much of a Domination of one or the other faction.

(dont bullshit me with your subjective knowledge of a Domination untill you post here an exessive list of all skirmishes you have done with all toons and their gearscore that took part in it. lets say of your last 100 skirmishes that you took part in. then we can have a closer look at the FACTS) its only in your mind.

introducing faction Change again would do the biggest harm that could be done, bigger harm then all previous changes together that have done harm to this game ( and yes thats a gut Feeling and is certainly not based on Facts)

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 1:28pm

Guza

Intermediate

It broke the game cuz faction buff was broken. And now 2 years later it is still not fixed? Why?

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 1:36pm

reeah19

Intermediate

balanced? now 6-7 guilds in top 10 are imps, so it's far from being balanced, because the savages in league side only wanna benefit from others

for example:small guild, helping everyone, they reach some gearscore by being carried and leave to top guilds, when you ask em to afk so you can help others they're like wow 1 hour too much time

making characters to overpop lig side also happened on NA server

faction change should only count for max lvl chars not overall, counting all makes it flawed.

skirmish wise is somehow balanced, except aod and sb where lig gets pwned usually
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:07pm

well first of all i dont think a fraction change will help to "balance" the game^^ i mean lol cmon ppl will always do whats easy and convinient :whistling:

and on the other side... what does it matter which fraction is stronger ?( (i will ignore the puny buff at this point) even if your fraction is weaker you can still do everything:

1.Dominion well here it doesnt matter cuz you just need 6 ppl for it
2.Battlegrounds well its totally random who you get in your team so in there you dont see a stronger fraction (the 30k gs leecher are everywhere :P )
3.Astral and other PvE crap is also doable with just 6 ppl
4.Raids well it doesnt matter to Guild A what guild B does so again it doesnt matter^^

this system just makes ppl mad and serves no purpose :| (except we get a fraction battleground every week where everyone can attent :thumbsup: )

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 5:53pm

Gramarye

Professional

on the main european Server (ISA)

lol

I paused the the time they introduced it, just came back 1 patch before they removed it...
Anyway they could sell 1 factionchange per month over the AH

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 6:59pm

This thread should be about deleting factions because this game is already about guilds not factions for few years. Especially when 6.0.1 will come and we will have mixed lig and empire in battlegrounds (and some new scripts for matchmaking which probably won't work for us because too few players).
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes: