You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 20th 2015, 4:18am

Thinking of coming back

Hi all, I used to play back when wild shore was released and decided to take a break. Recently I've been thinking about coming back to Smuggler's Paradise but I would like some information.
1) How is gearing nowadays? Is it still a grind? I plan on playing a healer if that makes a difference.
2)Should I level up a character in order to fill up on what I missed or just jump in on my older toon?
3)How is the population? When I left the numbers were dwindling and most of the activity happened in EU times.

Friday, February 20th 2015, 5:14am

Hi all, I used to play back when wild shore was released and decided to take a break. Recently I've been thinking about coming back to Smuggler's Paradise but I would like some information.
1) How is gearing nowadays? Is it still a grind? I plan on playing a healer if that makes a difference.
2)Should I level up a character in order to fill up on what I missed or just jump in on my older toon?
3)How is the population? When I left the numbers were dwindling and most of the activity happened in EU times.

1) Still a grind, while it is not as grindy as when the patch just hit.

2) Well that's your decision. You wouldn't be able to fill up on anything because there's nothing new during leveling.

3) Each faction has less than 100 active players, as far as I know, maybe even less than 50. People are fairly active and doing things like BGs, raiding and raiding the other factions city, at least it was like that when I still played a month ago.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Friday, February 20th 2015, 2:26pm

where you from dough?, I am thinking of re-starting but want to get a group together so that we can do dungeons etc without having to wait around im from England and play at around 18:30 gmt until about midnight

Friday, February 20th 2015, 3:46pm

"do dungeons" If you mean instances like XAES, Lab 13, etc., then you don't need to find a group. Once you get level 7-8 or so, you'll be able to learn the Mercenary Contract skill and summon mercenaries to help with instances.

You have to be in an instance to summon the captain, and then you hire the NPCs themselves. They aren't as good as an experienced crew of players, but they are tough and disciplined, and their AI follows what you'd expect from their character type - the healer stands back and heals, the wizard stands back and AOEs stuff, the warrior runs in and engages in melee, etc. (Compare: Guild Wars heroes and henchmen, who are undisciplined maniacs.) Back in 4.x, nobody much queued for the free-merc astral flights as a healer because Matron Lighthand (the mercenary healer) was better at healing than 90+% of player healers.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 6:25pm

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 11:51pm

there is only a small handful of players that are superior to mercs...

Ouch.

I feel sorry for you if that is really true regarding the players around you. ;(

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 11:59pm

i think he means leveling and there is not too far from reality^^ in lowie instances like tt1 etc they can nearly onehit the mobs which is absolutly impossible as a normal player^^ but yeah in astral they are shit

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 12:40am

yes it was meant for leveling primary and for "easy astral" as we had it when there were free flights to the starting sectors with the mercenaries (level 55)... with mercenaries it took me only 6 minutes for some allods
with players these allods took 15 min + in most cases, it was horrible
i really missed an option to select "play ONLY with mercenaries"

ofc there were really good players which were as good or better than the mercs, but as i said, only a small handful :(
the great thing at these was that we did not ANY conversation, we just gave our best to kill the mobs as efficient as possible - again, without a word
maximum was a friendly emoticon at the end of the run
it was like we recognized each other just by the playstyle; thats the kind of social interaction i really ENJOY
i put these few on my friendlist and when we were at astral academy we went into a grp to minimize the risk of gtting into a grp with silly players :)

it seems that the harder the instance, the higher is the possibility to find a competent other player - and vice versa, so in the "common" instances there are many incompetent / beginners / silly players

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 1:42pm

Marco

Intermediate

HI DoughDough ...

To your first 1. question it there cant be an actual answer because only the players, playing on russian servers as well know how gearing in 1-2 weeks in the new patch will be .... ;)

Greetings

Taleron

Rate this thread