You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 20th 2015, 10:14am

An Appeal for More People

In the beginning I apologize for the length of this post and I hope that you'll stick with it until its end.

I've played Allods since the start of open beta, I'm 25 years old now so in a way I grew up with it. I've been with it from the start so I know what I'm talking about. I was there when there were no cash shop items when we fought in Asee and all that was needed was some gear and skill to be successful in PvP. I was there when the Gipat patch hit and the servers were deserted because the population rebelled against the need for the cash shop to be able to play. I was there when we started killing Nogrom with weapons from Warkaz. I was there when people ragequit because of Kazul and when Sarn went down. I was there when the Zak server went live and even played there for a while in the hope of avoiding major cash shop users. I was there when DC was cleared and people payed large sums of gold to the top guilds to get the ruby from it. I got my lvl 47 before most people did ignoring gearing in favor of getting the lvl because I didn't have enough gold for both.

Then I quit for almost a year because I was sick of grinding for gold for countless hours to be able to compete with people who payed large sums of money, played only for a few hours every day and were still able to kill me in PvP because of the difference in rune levels. But as one does with Allods I couldn't stay away forever. I returned to the game, as did a lot of my friends, but not all. I made new friends, and continued the grind.

We had fun in Tep, but even tho we had the gear for it a lot of us didn't have the runes and had to wait for the new patch to be able to kill it. During all of this time I participated in all of the other aspects of the game regularly. With the time spent playing the game I managed to gather a decent set of runes and most of the basic cash shop items without which the game would be a lot harder with only an investment of a couple of hundred of euros. But when I heard of what would be needed for the patron 5 patch I couldn't take it anymore.

During all of this time I was active in only 3 guilds on the League side. In them I was a member, a Domi party leader, a raid leader for DC/Tep, and in my first guild the guild leader. But even with all of my love for this game I couldn't take the p2w aspect of it anymore and decided that I'd quit for sure this time.

But then I remembered that there was a subscription server. During all of my playtime I never really thought about it. For me it was a place where people went to disappear. And as a last ditch effort I decided to pay a months sub to see what it was like there. In the beginning I thought that the server wasn't populated at all, but then I joined a friendly guild and started to notice that there were people playing there.

I managed to lvl up to max lvl a few weeks before the new patch came. At that time I was among the worst geared people on the server and got killed in battlegrounds easily. But I saw that when I fought an enemy who had the same gear lvl or even a higher gear lvl with some skill I could beat them. So I started preparing for the new patch.

When the Wild shore hit I was among the first that got a blue item made. Now when everyone was on the same gear level I finally saw what the sub server had to offer. After so long in the f2p server I forgot how fun battlegrounds could be. Our guild was the first on the server that succeeded in clearing Tep and we were the sovereign rulers in Domi.

But with all of that success a lot of our members felt like there were no challenges left for them to do in the game. The Eclipse raid still wasn't scaled for our server so we couldn't progress there and we beat all other elements of the game. So with the summer coming most of the guild, me among them, decided that we'd quit and leave for other games. It was a sad time for all of us.

After more than half a year as one does with Allods I was curious what was going on and I saw that there were 3 weeks of free sub coming up for the winter holidays so I decided to test it out. I returned to the game, as did a lot of my friends, but not all. I made new friends. As there were a lot of new players coming to see what the p2p server was about we managed to form a guild with a solid core of active players and pushed forward.

The people that wanted to be active in the end game decided to organize in one guild and selected me as their guild leader. Since then we clear the DC raid once a month for new players to get their ruby, we clear Tep every week, we have 2 raids that clear the Ancient Mound and we killed the first 4 bosses in Eclipse and are aiming to progress further.

In the beginning the Empire was geared much more than us and had more active players, but with persistence we managed to catch up and overtake them. We're preparing for the new patch and planing our next raids. With our success and the coming of the new patch there has been a steady trickle of new and old players coming to the sub server.

And this leads us to right now.

The reason I wrote all of this is because I don't want what happened last year to happen again. The reason why I wrote all of this is because I wanted you to know that I know what the situation on f2p is and how hard it is for people that try to play for free or with small amounts of money. The reason I wrote this is because I can't understand why some people would want to stay on f2p when all they get is facerolled by the top cash shop users. The reason I wrote this is because I've lost contact with so many good people and players that quit playing because they couldn't compete with the cash shop and I don't want to lose any more of my friends.

If only a few of the smaller/medium active guilds that play on f2p on both sides would join p2p I promise you you'd have a much better experience of the game because p2p is really the way this game is supposed to be played. And the amount of money needed to play is so low that it's funny.

You can pay 21 euros or dollars and have 6 months of sub. Imagine being competitive for 6 months on f2p for only 21 euros or dollars. You don't even have to pay real money. A lot of my guild mates have chars on f2p and they use them to buy their sub for p2p. All you need to do is get 2100 crystals and you're set for 6 months, or 1k if you want to try it out for 1 month. Imagine if someone offered you a 6 month membership in any club you wanted for only 21 euros or dollars. You'd get that immediately and maybe go once a week. But I know that people who play Allods don't play only once a week, you play all the time and you know it.

And there is no better time than now to join the p2p server. With the patch coming in 2 weeks you have the time to get to max lvl and get the starter items ready for the new patch. You can even come close to finishing the reincarnation quests so you can test out the new Priden race.

So please come and try out the sub server. If you're an active player I promise that you won't regret it.

Don't let this great server die.

Fid
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Avarice

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Mamojebac" (Feb 20th 2015, 11:38am)

Friday, February 20th 2015, 10:26am

TheRampage

Trainee

Very nice post fiddler,this should be answer to all those who asking about p2p.. (Y)

Friday, February 20th 2015, 12:00pm

Mods, this needs to be marked as an "Important Thread". Do it.

Friday, February 20th 2015, 12:59pm

Erwyn

Trainee

Both servers are hurting for population, its not a case of f2p hogging all the players, there simply isn't enough players to have a stable population on both servers. People have invested money into their characters during their time on f2p and do not wish to discard this character with their memories and friends in the hope that p2p will have a population spike, because its a very slim chance.
Although I would love too see p2p grow, the developers put this into the game far too late, had p2p been introduced during lets say maybe 3.0, I believe its population would surpass f2p right now.
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Friday, February 20th 2015, 1:10pm

TheRampage

Trainee

Both servers are hurting for population, its not a case of f2p hogging all the players, there simply isn't enough players to have a stable population on both servers. People have invested money into their characters during their time on f2p and do not wish to discard this character with their memories and friends in the hope that p2p will have a population spike, because its a very slim chance.
Although I would love too see p2p grow, the developers put this into the game far too late, had p2p been introduced during lets say maybe 3.0, I believe its population would surpass f2p right now.
I think there is nothing in his post about active players on f2p atm(those with high rune,cs items),its mostly for those who quit this game a long time ago cuz of "p2w" items.And i rmbr when a lot of ppl suggest p2p server,like they all would love to see something like that,and finally when dev's gave us that server,those players are not here...And yes we understand those who spend a lot of time or money on f2p...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheRampage" (Feb 20th 2015, 1:16pm)

Friday, February 20th 2015, 2:15pm

Either way, f2p, p2p ,new players,

one of the main points of this thread is for people to realise that we give interest.
P2P is not a dead server where bored or unskilled ppl go to afk, we have done a lot of stuff in a weirdly small ammount of time, a lot of people are working for a more decent and active community.

The thread is not asking anyone to give up their f2p account and join us, but rather to give a chance to the server and maybe a chance to reconsider your priorities in allods.

For all of you poker fans, there is a horrible kind of poker players out there, the ones that don't fold their hand because they bid too much already(i personally <3 em cos they make me €€);there comes a time when a bad hand must be folded if u want to not ruin your capital;
just because u invested in f2p don't mean u can never go away, the prices the gear the mounts the inhumane ammounts of gold asked for any lil boutique item, it wont go down.

On a side-note, f2p is much more competitive so i get it.

regards , winter aka Damnatio (league nabbest warden)
Damnatio

Smugglers Paradise - League - Avarice

http://avariceao.shivtr.com/

Friday, February 20th 2015, 4:04pm

TitanOfOrc

Beginner

for me as a player who played allods for over 2 years i know what it means to be 1 shot killed in BG
but now and i am a f2p player i have 665444 runes
in BG's even with green gear i am not the last and the weak part
it s all about how you play the game
even with that the developpers don t want us to be f2p forever and the runes are the best exemple for that but i servived
there must be a day when they make allods 2 they well make it better

Friday, February 20th 2015, 5:03pm

KomandoR

Trainee

Don't confond this guy with me , i am marlboro , didin't thought someone else would play this game from tunisia :D

Friday, February 20th 2015, 5:12pm

TitanOfOrc

Beginner

there is a number of players from the old server

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 10:41am

I feel you man. I wasn't here since the beta, because I never heard of the game, but when you said how much people left after cash shop was introduced, you are right. Friend of mine who was hardcore player of this game and back then was top of the mages and first to DING 42 lvl, he was really good player, and he told me about allods. But, the thing is , when cash shop arrived, he said: The game is shit now and I am leaving it like many people did. So he went to play Wow and had great time enjoying the game. Since that time, now it's crazy to compete against people who pay to buy items. After all, game is created for them to earn money, that's what they want. They don't make game so you can feel happy, they do it so they can earn money. Lots of it. I stopped playing on "f2p" server and waiting to get a job, so I can pay for pay to play server. I really looking forward for that. I know the population is low, but still, it's better to play with a skill rather then to be defeated because someone have money to win.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 2:11pm

Erwyn

Trainee

This idea that people with CS are bad players is humorous. Oddly enough people can be good and have cash shop :O. This sad story we always hear from players about how their low cash shop is the reason they aren't good, there are plenty of f2p players who still compete endgame and can be classed good players and no they don't spend 23 hours a day on the game like I know you will respond with :D, they use their brains to find innovative ways to make gold and get around the obstacles rather than just crying about them.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 2:59pm

Did I said: They suck? No. I said they are now better because they have money to be better. Who known who would win if it's equal. It's like I have wooden sword and they have katana. Of course I will be killed.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 3:29pm

Erwyn

Trainee

But again you're talking like there is some huge gap and f2p players are at such a disadvantage that they have 0 chance of ever competing in anything, which I strongly disagree with. You're using the example of this "wooden sword" which we can link to someone with perhaps level 5 runes against someone with 10s? but is this player with 5s the only example of a f2p player? My point is some f2p players actually have brains and means to gather resources in an innovative manor to construct themselves a good enough level of cash shop for them too compete endgame without issue :D.
You're looking at it from one extreme too the other, i.e level 5 runes v 12s-13s. But this is a fabricated analogy of which lazy f2p create to justify their inability to be successful in this game. The average runes of even a cs player in this game are around 9-10, and it is more than accessible to put minimal money into this game and work your way up too 8s in less time than you would think, as for other items such as carnifexs, fancy mounts. These are a luxury not a necessity. There are certain ways players with financial limitations can play this game, true they have restrictions but they are far from running around with wooden swords sir.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Erwyn" (Feb 21st 2015, 3:40pm)

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 3:40pm

I don't want this post to degrade into a discussion about the cash shop. As I said I played for long enough that I had good runes (8s) and a decent amount of things from the cash shop to be competitive. In fact in the AoD I was always among the top 3 in terms of kills/dmg.

And I understand that people who have invested large sums of money don't want that to go to waste.

But as I said this is an appeal for the small/medium guilds that can't compete with the influence of the cash shop in the game. For me it would be very logical that they came and joined a server where the only thing that matters is the gear and skill you posses. A server in which if you're active you have the opportunity to be on the top.

I also did this because I knew a lot of people that quit the game because they just couldn't take the constant focus on grinding gold or paying money to get some things that make the game more enjoyable to play. And I just don't want that this great game to lose any more people when there's a simpler solution.
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Avarice

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mamojebac" (Feb 21st 2015, 4:15pm)

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 3:50pm

Erwyn

Trainee

These "Small/Medium" guilds make up a large portion of our population and without them our pvp events such as Scarlett Bastion, AoD wouldn't pop, Witches Hollow/Deserted farm/Training Camp would have extremely long wait times and would otherwise ruin the fun of the server for alot of players.

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 4:42pm

psst Erwyn he just cares about his server and not ours :P

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 6:01pm

Achilles

Intermediate

And yet again another thread hijacked by the same old boring discussion.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 6:16pm

this will probably never change cuz one side gains from the downfall of the other^^

Saturday, February 21st 2015, 6:19pm

Erwyn

Trainee

My point is the same as Bluescarlets, by taking players from our server it may help yours :D but has a negative impact on ours.

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 3:38am

Senpai

Intermediate

• "Senpai" has been banned

I have to say that this thread gave me a reason to respond. I feel that p2p has an appeal most people dislike lacking the some of the main CS items that should imo be in the subserver. Some people cannot part with their years of money and time spent on their f2p toons and the population will never be equal to f2p. With the shard rate drastically increasing and the population growing in someways and dieing in others it will soon be impossible for a f2p player to survive, a f2p player without discounts and friends to hand them important items for cheaper then anyone around. Should they consider p2p? I hope so. I hope that atleast the population will be up to par with the NA times with 3 guilds on ea side but this time ea of them should be strong and bring great competition. I hope that My.com and the Mods will care for once to bring some light to the p2p. I can say if the p2p falls again I have f2p to fall back on as I will be active in both but, that still doesn't mean I don't want p2p to become active that I might stray away from my f2p toon for a while. I hope people consider what Fiddler posted and give this server a try, 6.0.0 is the best time if any to get back in and be able to stick with the best players and enjoy Allods.
KAPPA

Rate this thread