You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 10:17pm

Quests MORE of them ffs

Iam currently lvl 39 and since level 31 ive had a huge lack of quests, betweeen some levels where ive had to farm 140.000xp by killing the same creatures over and over and over and.......now i just turned 39 and i could only pick up like 4 or 5 quests then Again nothing to do and still need 180.000xp to lvl 40, so hours of farming the same creatures over and over Again, never have i seen a MMORPG where you run out of stuff to do and running out of quests is unreal, i dont know if its the greed Card that is in effect trying to making people buy folio of knowledge for real Cash to get some fast xp or if its just lazzyness from devs side but it really should be fixed make ALOT more quests for players lvl 31-39, Theres enough lack of players as it is and i dont blame people quiting after reaching 31+ becourse it just gets so boaring when you have to farm xp to level up, i for one had big plans buying big mounts and all kind of stuff but iam not even sure if i want to play much longer if all there is to the game, is farming xp.....

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 10:23pm

without buying exp+ item the trick is to level to min 29 (better 31) in asee teph just by playerkill
then with level 35 do tt2 until you get level 38, then continue quests
its the least grindy way (you grind the instance again and again but its not so bad since the mercs do the work)

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 10:31pm

Yeah but all of that shouldent really be necessary, there should just be enough quests...and how would you know to do all that on your very first character you make being all new to the game, i did farm TT2 for 1½ levels then i couldent stand that place and xp was Down to around 15k per run, killing single cretures giving 250xp per kill is much faster, i know Theres grind in all games but for items or gold in my opinion there should just be enough quests instend.....

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 10:36pm

i also think there should be enough quests, but it isnt this way :(

when i played this game 1st i was in a similar situation like you...

so all i can do is share my knowledge on the forum now and hope it helps someone new :)

good info is when u got level 40 grinding is over more or less

maybe a bit for reaching level 42, but you still can do the instance in gipat then as often as necessary

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 10:52pm

Good to know, still 150k xp away from lvl 40.....iam just worried alot of people quit the game before they reach level 40+ on something as stupid as lack of quests, it should just be fixed, so we dont lose people on such stupid reasons.

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 11:33pm

The easiest way to lvl up when you ran out of quests is doing repeatable quests at Dragon Ring!
Here is a useful and simple tutorial that works since the beginning of allods:

At the first allod of Dragon Ring, called Dusk Isle, at the acampament talk to:
"Knotty Family" (gibberlings npc): To collect 5 woods from tree around. (press T while doing this quest to help to find the trees)
then talk to "Koga the Crafty"(female orc), to collect drops from tapir
and then grab the quest from "Yasskul Merenhor"(male arisen) to collect drops from the mob "Eye spit"

The strategy is simple: you collect woods, and if there's tapir or the Eye spit mobs on your way kill them. (i would skip the Eye spit mob because tapir is actually worthy to kill and you can always lure a group and kill them together)
It's really easy to lvl up by doing this, and it's the worthy way too.

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 12:28am

When there were many more ppl leveling on this server it was pretty much no problem to level through these levels when you did pvp. Without pvp it was the same as now. The Exp you gained through these kills were more or less enough to get though these areas without grinding. Its actually really sad that now, when the new playerbase is pretty small, the didnt fix the exp amount received by normal questing, because hours of grinding or hoping to find some weaker players of the other faction to farm cant be that funny (for neither party). I think this is not the way it meant to be. You only see a larger amount of ppl playing lower chars (i think like 80% of them incarnations or second characters) when there is more exp for either questing or killing mobs (exactly because these levels 20-around 45) are a pain without more exp. This should be reworked since pvp is almost impossible! (depending on time, not unhuman times, only 5 ppl or less active playing in whole lower level areas...).

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 1:04am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

I do find it rather funny when people complain about having to grind 180k of xp. Be thankful that is all you have to grind. Way back when....you had to grind 13 million xp to get from 45 to 46.

Easiest way to go about it is to just either suck it up and get xp scrolls or grind each and every instance till you about get no xp for doing it. You also have the option to grind the rep quests in every zone.

Others will do Goblinball. Be aware though, if you don't know what you are doing you will probably most likely get yelled at by someone. Learn to suck it up and ignore the yelling at and learn how to play the game fast.

Killing a banner or killing while having a banner will give you about 3k xp each kill (not to sure the higher levels as of yet). I got 9k xp in less then 5 mins today in Eljune by raising a banner and killing Ligs. Since most zones after Coba are probably going to be practically dead, you might wanna camp out by their camps.

This game is nothing but a grind and only seems to get worse with each passing "big" patch. If you cant hack it now you might want to rethink even playing it.

Edit...

Dont use your marks of fates unless it is just a collecting quest nor party with anyone while questing. Doing these will only hurt you in the long run.

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 2:12am

Well i dont have a char at 45 or 46 but i can promiss you if i had to grind 13 million xp to get one lvl and creatures gives maybe 250xp a kill you better belive i would get out of the game and find something else lol

just having to farm 180k for one lvl is allmost enough for me to say forget it Waste of my time and find something else.

And doing rep quests over and over well maybe if i could see a point in it but at lvl 31-39 i dont see the point with rep the vendors got nothing i would want, it might change at later lvls but then i would grind to get something an item or whatever then it would make sense to do rep grinds.

PVP might Work i wouldent know i barely see any imps around to kill.

I stopped using marks long time ago i got over a million of em now.....

And like i said before making people run out of Things to do aka quests for so many lvls is insane, ive played a ton of MMORPGS and only problem ive had is having to many quests, having none at all never....

Not many likes to grind for hours and not all have 10+ hours to play every day so iam willing to bet alot of people leave this game just bc there is such a big lack in quests. and its stupid to lose customers on such an issue.

Oh and i wouldent Waste 360 crystals to get 180k xp, then what NeXT lvl do it Again? nah Waste of real Money, dont forget new players cant farm a ton of gold as lvl 60s can so only option would be using real Cash.

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 12:01pm

just having to farm 180k for one lvl is allmost enough for me to say forget it Waste of my time and find something else.

Well then... you might want to seriously reconsider if you want to continue to play the game. 180k is nothing to a hardcore player and this is a hardcore game, even more so if you decide to pay little or no money at all.

Sure there's much less grind needed once you hit level 40, but after you reach level cap, you will have to grind a lot to get gold needed for endgame.
There's other methods for that though, like killing demons with an astral ship, or doing repeatable trials in Cave of Tka-Rik or activities in the Astral that reward gold (Trade Route, Anomalous Region, Caravan).

Some people will maybe try and tell you to do battlegrounds, but don't listen to them. For a fresh player who just reached level cap and therefore doesn't have strong gear, this is a terrible idea and extremely bad gold per time spent.

Only battleground worth doing when you got next to nothing is Scarlet Bastion, because even if you lose to zero, you still get 60 emblems out of it.

You should be aware that the endgame is still a massive grind, because whatever you pick - you will have to repeat it a lot.

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 2:22pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Well i dont have a char at 45 or 46 but i can promiss you if i had to grind 13 million xp to get one lvl and creatures gives maybe 250xp a kill you better belive i would get out of the game and find something else lol

And doing rep quests over and over well maybe if i could see a point in it but at lvl 31-39 i dont see the point with rep the vendors got nothing i would want, it might change at later lvls but then i would grind to get something an item or whatever then it would make sense to do rep grinds.

PVP might Work i wouldent know i barely see any imps around to kill.

I stopped using marks long time ago i got over a million of em now.....

And like i said before making people run out of Things to do aka quests for so many lvls is insane, ive played a ton of MMORPGS and only problem ive had is having to many quests, having none at all never....

Not many likes to grind for hours and not all have 10+ hours to play every day so iam willing to bet alot of people leave this game just bc there is such a big lack in quests. and its stupid to lose customers on such an issue.

Oh and i wouldent Waste 360 crystals to get 180k xp, then what NeXT lvl do it Again? nah Waste of real Money, dont forget new players cant farm a ton of gold as lvl 60s can so only option would be using real Cash.
Getting from 45 to 46 now only takes about 500k and yes the mobs give about that much xp maybe a little more.

If you are having a hard time grinding 180k xp now, you really might wanna rethink playing this game. End game is nothing but a grind. Grind for gear. Grind for gold to upgrade gear. Grind for amalgams to upgrade gear. Grind for relics. Grind for greatness. Grind for personal allod. And I can name oh so many more ways you are gonna have to grind.

I personally dont use the rep gear but if I need the xp and dont feel like getting an xp scroll you are damn right I am gonna do the rep instead of endlessly grinding 1 mob and only getting the xp for the mob.

And like I said before 13 MILLION xp was needed for 45 to 46 and no quests except for daily repeatables and astral.

Either you are gonna put up with the grind that this game ever so willingly puts forth in every patch or you will quit. I won't sugar coat nothing for you. XP you are gonna grind for. Gear you are gonna grind for. Gold to upgrade gear you are gonna grind for. Regents to upgrade end game gear you are gonna grind for. Relics you are gonna grind for. And then there is the more gold you are gonna grind for to get CS items that you will need and that is NEED not want.

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 2:24pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Sure there's much less grind needed once you hit level 40, but after you reach level cap, you will have to grind a lot to get gold needed for endgame.
Yeah you forgot about the almost full lvl you have to grind at 59 just to get to 60.

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 3:09pm

@Mikes
Well other than trying to level through PVP etc,you need to use some methods to get things easier.Of course,keep doing dungeons with mercenaries and reputation quests,you gotta do any reputation till max reputation in every single region for some "fun farming" or you'll end up farming same amount but without reputation quests which would make things more boring.

The important method is segmenting your farming efforts on several hours,days or even a whole week.If you get bored of farming fast then try to farm for say an hour then play something else for sometime then farm another hour etc,don't try to do it all at one time unless you feel really up to it.

You can queue for goblin ball skirmish but make sure you change chat channel or just don't bother with it there.*cough*
Every goblin ball skirmish gives you some goblin ball medals,you get the other halves of the medals from a daily quest in either Novograd or Nezebgrad then just combine both together to get goblin ball currency and back then the goblin ball shop NPC (in either Novograd or Nezebgrad)had sign of experience and sign of gold which give handy experience and gold depending on your level.I don't know if it changed now,I've not played the game for some good time.

A good idea would be trying to find a friend to chat with while you farm mobs or a guild to chat with.I noticed that chatting while farming would make it more fun and you wouldn't notice howmany mobs you really killed so you won't get as bored as doing it alone silently.

The most important thing is you need to have fun while playing,if you don't enjoy what you're playing then it's not worth it.The purpose of games is for you to have fun playing them so make sure you pick a role and a build you really enjoy playing with and farm mobs you enjoy killing.

Try to farm many kinds of mobs for example or make some quests yourself like say I'll kill 30 of these and 30 of these and 30 of these.I guess elite mobs give good exp as well and some bosses so if you can find a party of your level with shared experience,you can try together to kill a certain boss that gives good exp several times or all bosses in certain regions.Simply try to have fun while farming.

You can pull many mobs and hit them with an area damage skill or put some damage over time effect on all of them while letting them chase you ONLY IF you have the potential to do it otherwise you might die a lot.

If you are in a guild or have some good friend that has a high level alchemy profession,you can ask them to craft you some potions like stats or energy regeneration potions and you can ask them to give you a certain aura they have.This all should help you very well in farming mobs more efficiently.
I'm on League faction,I'd craft you some myself but I'm not sure if I can do it,my addons are kinda messed up so far since I haven't played the game for long and I'm not sure if I had enough resources to craft some.

I'll repeat this again:you need to ENJOY what you're doing and have fun because,specially if you're willing to play fully free like me,you'll need to farm a lot even at max level mainly to farm gold or greatness.

Good luck!
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hilver" (Feb 24th 2015, 12:16am)

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 5:24pm

Yeah you forgot about the almost full lvl you have to grind at 59 just to get to 60.

with a new char (not old level 55 char) you dont have to grind much for level 60

aside from that, its "normal" in games like allods to have repetitive tasks, but at least for me thats fun
every little "drop" gold / exp gets you stronger & more experienced

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 5:49pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

with a new char (not old level 55 char) you dont have to grind much for level 60

aside from that, its "normal" in games like allods to have repetitive tasks, but at least for me thats fun
every little "drop" gold / exp gets you stronger & more experienced
Just because you may not have to grind from 59 to 60 dont mean if they level up and do all the quests to open Eclipse that they wont have to grind to get to 65 with this next patch. Or have to grind the next time the lvl cap goes up.

Yes we ALL know that you like to grind.

Again, my 5 years of playing this game trumps your 2 or 3 years therefore I do think I know a bit more then you do.

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 9:03pm

although you state you know more, you still did not know about the level 59 to level 60 thing for new players
btw this is because when level 55 was max. many exp got "wasted" on Q done without ecieving the exp due to already having reached max level

anyway, doesnt matter, collecting knowledge together to help new players is not some kind of competition, its all about listing facts, at least for me :P

Monday, February 23rd 2015, 11:00pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

although you state you know more, you still did not know about the level 59 to level 60 thing for new players
btw this is because when level 55 was max. many exp got "wasted" on Q done without ecieving the exp due to already having reached max level

anyway, doesnt matter, collecting knowledge together to help new players is not some kind of competition, its all about listing facts, at least for me :P
The reason I can not in fact answer this properly is due to the fact I DO use XP scrolls. I also in fact have 17 lvl 60's in which the majority of them ended up lvl 60 before I got to the lvl 58 quests.

And like I said if this person or any new person gets to lvl 60 BEFORE this next patch and do ALL of the quests to OPEN ECLIPSE, they will most likely end up having to grind come lvl 64.

Stop reading only the parts you want to read and read and understand what people actually wrote.

Here it is again in case you want to reread what I wrote. I even made it bold and a bigger font in case you have a hard time reading the print.

Quoted from "GuessItsAmber"

Just because you may not have to grind from 59 to 60 dont mean if they level up and do all the quests to open Eclipse that they wont have to grind to get to 65 with this next patch. Or have to grind the next time the lvl cap goes up.

Rate this thread