You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 7:57pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I'm not sure where you are getting that max is 25 players on each faction haha.
I said AT ONE POINT the max on each faction WAS about 25...
I did NOT say this is the CURRENT population...just that the server did in fact have a REALLY tough time for a bit.
As someone stated above, the current population is about 40, but I assume the population on each faction will hit roughly 70-80 people when the patch hits....whether or not that 70-80 per faction will INCREASE or DECREASE...your guess is as good as mine.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 9:04pm

@AOP

Regarding your original post,I'm not sure if it's me or if that really contradicts with what you used to write on the forums all time back then.Anyway,I'm glad you're seeing things this way now as it is kinda more logical.

In my opinion,this game isn't P2W in the very very very long run (yea not all people are hardcore players,many people have what you call a "life" and "work"). XD
So I think it's indirectly P2W at least in the short run or for an average player because,if you wanna play it free and be a match for cashers in the short run then it will be more like mission impossible and you might need a miracle.Just how I think of it.

Idk if exchange is better so far since I've quit like 4-5 months ago but last time I checked around,I saw it got even worse and was close to 100 gold per premium crystal.
For me,the exchange was far more fair and the game was more fun like 3-5 months before merge when exchange used to be 20-30 gold per Gpot on NA server.Yea the game did lack some new features back then but it was better for free players,in my opinion.

The rate of gold per hour did increase after merge but it increased by a decreasing rate or a constant rate while the costs and the prices increased by an increasing rate so in other words it's like as if the prices were the thing that increased only.If you draw a curve for it,you'll understand what I mean.That's why I think it got harder after merge for free players.

At the same time,cashers can now get far more gold by selling premium crystals.Back then,it used to be 20-30 per 1 gpot to be sold.Last time I checked,its like 80-100 gold per 1 premium crystals.
I'm not sure if the cash price of 1 premium crystal is more though but if it's not or even if it is but a low difference in prices compared to that massive difference in exchange rate then I think cashers,on the other hand,got a far better advantage after merge.

Therefore,I think the NPC isn't the problem but the exchange rates,whether for buying or selling,are.I believe they play a great role in both the server's economy and the game's revenue at the same time.
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 9:21pm

as a complete free player of course i am NOT happy about having a high exchange rate :P
some free players see the $ players as their "enemies" or something, but i see them as those who pay for my game while its free for me without having a noteable disadvantage
would be weird to dislike someone that gives something free to you (its indirect but still this is how it is)

exchange is going higher and higher and unlike it was when level 60 patch came (exchange went up but income went up MUUUCH more so all cheaper in total) now i hope it wont become somehow like exchange skyrocket and income only slightly goes up; but we will see!

but i always try to see the whole thing from a realistic POV and and therefore understand that game-management gives its best to make the game favorable to those who pay
its economical thinking

my post does NOT contradict with things i have written earlier (what exactly did you mean)); my POV is still the same as it always was
but maybe i havent expressed some things directly enough or ppl misunderstood me?

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:45am

as a complete free player of course i am NOT happy about having a high exchange rate
some free players see the $ players as their "enemies" or something, but i see them as those who pay for my game while its free for me without having a noteable disadvantage
would be weird to dislike someone that gives something free to you (its indirect but still this is how it is)
I'm a complete free player,too.What does this statement "some free players see the $ players as their enemies or something" have to do with me?Who told you I ever thought this way?

lol I understand they pay $ for the game so it can go on and survive for longer time and I never had a problem with a $ because,they just paid $,actually some of them helped me myself and were pretty awesome.Moreover,my guides and builds are free for all to check on the forums be it casher or not.

They're not paying for the game for us to play it for free for longer time but they're paying to get in game advantages to be stronger and to have more fun and that helps the game.That's simple logic.
If I use your logic,I could say free players help cashers because,they are the cause the game have more population than it would if it wasn't free which should make it more fun for both cashers and free players.Both kind of players create an organized system in the game that makes it more fun but it's not like they're doing this to help others,they're all doing it to have fun.We simply play to have fun and cashers pay to have fun.
You're like someone who's saying that patients pay doctors to help the doctors gain a living.May be some do as you say to help the game stay free and I'd respect that but don't tell me all people are Santa,now.

What I'm saying is the exchange got far more unbalanced for free players to be able to be a bit close to the level of cashers.Back then,it was more balanced which made more fun.
That's my POV and not that I'm hating on the cashers.Cashers were always there and I never had problems with it,I'm just saying I preferred the older game exchange rates and economy and I'm sure some others did,too.

exchange is going higher and higher and unlike it was when level 60 patch came (exchange went up but income went up MUUUCH more so all cheaper in total) now i hope it wont become somehow like exchange skyrocket and income only slightly goes up; but we will see!
Ok,I'll repeat what I wrote earlier:

"The rate of gold per hour did increase after merge but it increased by a decreasing rate or a constant rate while the costs and the prices increased by an increasing rate so in other words it's like as if the prices were the thing that increased only.If you draw a curve for it,you'll understand what I mean.That's why I think it got harder after merge for free players."

Please,draw a curve for prices vs income and let me know if that still sound cheaper for you.
but i always try to see the whole thing from a realistic POV and and therefore understand that game-management gives its best to make the game favorable to those who pay
its economical thinking
Of course,the game is like any firm working for profit and would thrive to get better profit.I understand.That's how business works anyway. ^^
my post does NOT contradict with things i have written earlier (what exactly did you mean)); my POV is still the same as it always was
but maybe i havent expressed some things directly enough or ppl misunderstood me?
You know better. :)

Friday, March 6th 2015, 11:56pm

as a complete free player of course i am NOT happy about having a high exchange rate
I'm a complete free player,too.What does this statement "some free players see the $ players as their enemies or something" have to do with me?Who told you I ever thought this way?
was not related to you at all, was meant in general, i dont know you well so i cant judge you, i only have seen that you care enough to elaborate things and i like that :)

lol I understand they pay $ for the game so it can go on and survive for longer time and I never had a problem with a $ because,they just paid $,actually some of them helped me myself and were pretty awesome.Moreover,my guides and builds are free for all to check on the forums be it casher or not.

They're not paying for the game for us to play it for free for longer time but they're paying to get in game advantages to be stronger and to have more fun and that helps the game.That's simple logic.
If I use your logic,I could say free players help cashers because,they are the cause the game have more population than it would if it wasn't free which should make it more fun for both cashers and free players.Both kind of players create an organized system in the game that makes it more fun but it's not like they're doing this to help others,they're all doing it to have fun.We simply play to have fun and cashers pay to have fun. very well said! each one helps the other unintentional, but still helps :) a great symbiose
You're like someone who's saying that patients pay doctors to help the doctors gain a living.May be some do as you say to help the game stay free and I'd respect that but don't tell me all people are Santa,now. got me wrong there, i can imagine most ppl dont donate to keep the game alive but donate to gain advantages fast... but aside from their intention they still keep the game alive; their intention does not matter, what matter is they donate

What I'm saying is the exchange got far more unbalanced for free players to be able to be a bit close to the level of cashers.Back then,it was more balanced which made more fun.
That's my POV and not that I'm hating on the cashers.Cashers were always there and I never had problems with it,I'm just saying I preferred the older game exchange rates and economy and I'm sure some others did,too.

Ok,I'll repeat what I wrote earlier:

"The rate of gold per hour did increase after merge but it increased by a decreasing rate or a constant rate while the costs and the prices increased by an increasing rate so in other words it's like as if the prices were the thing that increased only.If you draw a curve for it,you'll understand what I mean.That's why I think it got harder after merge for free players."

Please,draw a curve for prices vs income and let me know if that still sound cheaper for you.
i got your point, but regarding the time needed to make for example runes level 4 NOW and making them back when i started the game, now its much easier
added my answers in red letters

Saturday, March 7th 2015, 4:02am

@AOP

Replying to your quote:

"i got your point, but regarding the time needed to make for example runes level 4 NOW and making them back when i started the game, now its much easier"

It used to be even easier like 3-5 months before merge for us in NA server.Exchange was 20-30.

Also level 4 runes now are nothing compared to back then.Back then they had some value since it was a rarity to see people with level 10+ runes.Now look around,you'll see them everywhere.

Simple explanation is because,some servers like Italian and Turkish (I'm not sure if this is verifiable)had cheaper prices for 1 premium crystals and stuff in cash shop etc back then as far as I heard and I guess some had lower exchange rates as well.
When all of these were mixed together,it became kinda more unbalanced,the average level of rune became higher so level 4 now feels more like level 2 because,the average(the mean) got higher.
If you know some statistics,you should understand what I mean.

It feels like when you're talking about economy of scales.Many servers merged together in one,it affected every single aspect and got everything higher and average rune level etc higher as well.
So even if level 4 runes are easier to get now as you say (though things for me used to be far easier to get at the interval of time I mentioned earlier on NA server),its as if you're saying level 2 runes are easy to get now if we use the new average level of runes. ^^

Replying to your quote:

"was not related to you at all, was meant in general, i dont know you well so i cant judge you, i only have seen that you care enough to elaborate things and i like that :)"

I'm not sure of what you meant by saying "you care enough to elaborate things".
Is defending myself against some false accusation considered elaborating things for you?No comment.lol
You're saying you meant in general?lol but still what does what you said have to do with me?
Your words feel pretty irrelevant for me.Read them again and see yourself,may be I'm wrong,who knows. :whistling:

Anyway,it's cool.Make sure you consider some clarity in the future though,please. ;)

Replying to your quote:

" got me wrong there, i can imagine most ppl dont donate to keep the game alive but donate to gain advantages fast... but aside from their intention they still keep the game alive; their intention does not matter, what matter is they donate"

Now I can see what you mean.Fair enough,If that's the case then yup,sure what you're saying here is right.

Monday, March 9th 2015, 9:01am

Quoted

as a complete free player of course i am NOT happy about having a high exchange rate :P

Sad to say this, but completely free players are a big part of *why* there is a high exchange rate... You guys (OK, not *just* you guys, but...) can only get CS items by buying BC for gold, and that drives the gold->BC rate up (supply and demand). Sure, there are players who supplement their purchases of $£€->BC with gold->BC, but they don't *have* to do gold->BC, while you *do*.

So less complaining about the high rate from you, dude. ;)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.