You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 3rd 2015, 3:03am

Why it does not matter in the end if there is a "cashshop" or not...

There are games, that offer advantages only to those players that invest large amounts of time

There are also games, that make it possible for those with less time to convert money to time (pay to boost, what we have here)

Now, we also have players that use lots of time AND lots of money and therefore have a great advantage over all others which lack one of the components, time OR money to spend

Imagine allods having NO cashhop now, and exchanging gold beeing the ONLY way to get BC for cs items... theoretically a perfectly equal and fair environment, only playing counts.... right?
but... if it would run this way, we would get a blackmarket, ppl who farm gold and sell it for $ on ebay (or whatever), so those who use $ could get an advantage again anyway, just giving the $ to another receiver, and not making it public they spent X $ on the game

only difference is, the current way we have it, makes the game FREE to EVERYONE since all the money goes to the allods company, while on the other way the money would go to goldsellers and not benefit the game

im really happy it is like it is here...

Tuesday, March 3rd 2015, 3:50am

TheRampage

Trainee

man u shitting too much...

Tuesday, March 3rd 2015, 8:39am

dragagon

Unregistered

he's got a point tho.

Tuesday, March 3rd 2015, 1:54pm

Quoted

Imagine allods having NO cashhop now, and exchanging gold beeing the ONLY way to get BC for cs items

LOL makes alot of sence, so if there's no CS there's no CS item eithers don't you think?

Tuesday, March 3rd 2015, 2:38pm

Azazel

Beginner

my thoughts: this exchange npc is where the game gets realy p2w. When u have the option to buy gold u are affecting the ingame economy, exactly like exploiting a bug. so now u get leggy earring at 150 euro why? cause the npc made the price.
Now imagine there is no npc, how much do u think a cash shopper would sell that item? my answer to that, a high amount or gold but able to be acquired in game.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 9:14am

dragagon

Unregistered

my thoughts: this exchange npc is where the game gets realy p2w. When u have the option to buy gold u are affecting the ingame economy, exactly like exploiting a bug. so now u get leggy earring at 150 euro why? cause the npc made the price.
Now imagine there is no npc, how much do u think a cash shopper would sell that item? my answer to that, a high amount or gold but able to be acquired in game.

yup totally into that idea. remove the npc so ppls are forced to farm (which EVERYONE can do) instead of giving them the option to pump moneyz to transfer it into golds in the game (which NOT everyone can do) . and that would solve a lot of the p2w QQ'ing abt this wonderfull game and things will get more equal.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 12:07pm

Grimpf

Trainee

There was a time in allods without that npc and it was still p2w

And you can get Gold by selling BC to other ppl, like in the past (before npc) in allods.

In my opinion it Will change nothing.

Servus

Grimpf

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 2:35pm

There was a time in allods without that npc and it was still p2w

Could agree with you tho, it is way worst now. And it will get even worst. Fortunately, the game took the way it is today. I prayed for the P2P and i am now on it, some did it too but... it seems they really wanted just to make noise....

P2P is the future of allods and F2P is to test it. It should be like this and, if am not wrong, it's going to this.
It isnt about you being a boss or the king of pvp, it's simple as it always was -> no money no win. Allods always has been like this and it always will be! Every time more, you can quest with no real money or farm, but after that, end game, 95% players give up because of the robbery.
This game, on it's P2P version, only have some minor issues about the starting character (bag and mount) but you can have it at lower levels too (23 you have them all) plus all mounts if you just to have all mounts... Some ppl complain about this but will spend money just to have a mount on f2p. I don't understand this ppl and really don't want to... I never care about costumes and i have way more costumes on P2P then i had in F2P^^ LOL.

=======================And this for 3.5€ each month.=================================

I played in f2p since 2010 and gave up till this server opened. I didn't spent much: 150$ on free server for 3 and half years of play with many stories to tell. With that i can play almost 3 and half years in P2P doing everything. I just had a rhino and level 7 runes (6 on def) because there was good price on level clear runes.
On P2P, and i couldn't play much coz of work, i have way more than in F2P char. And all by playing.
So, for me, and of course each one spends what it wants and/or can, but its cheaper to play in P2P. And i have same opportunities like everyone else.
I do understand that players that spent hundreds (and even thousands and there's a bunch of these) won't start all from 0. Tho is for this i believe, F2P will have them and new ppl and those with loads of money and time on F2P will come P2P.

Just an opinion...

Exchange NPC came to silence free players with false free... what you have now, had before. You just bought it to players.
This was another idea from the game to players that spend real money but don't want to farm...

Cheers.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kuekas" (Mar 4th 2015, 2:46pm)

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 3:39pm

Right, without that npc, probably most people who play on the so-called p2p server, wouldn't play.

A lot of them say that they farm gold on f2p and then exchange it to "buy" their sub, right? :D

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 4:04pm

so what is your idea? make the exchange- NPC unidirectional? only exchange gold to BC for a fixed rate?

otherwise as free player you cant get shop-items properly

the idea is worth considering, but its questionable if its still economic to run allods then

btw on the russian allods forum there was a thread aboutthe high exchange rate, many voters also suggested it would be good to make a fixed rate

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 4:41pm

A lot of them say that they farm gold on f2p and then exchange it to "buy" their sub,

Yes these too! Now, some of them got for a month and never left back to f2p.

It's a good way to try P2P... It might would be great to you too. Try it and don't speak if you don't know both sides of the coin....

Low population? Yes, still. After 6.0 we will see. But we will see F2P population too, don't forget that.

And to be honest, i prefer good players, willing to play than crying-slackers about population and doing nothing to be part on the server increase. Specially coz they never wrote their name on anything worth to say "well done" even in F2P.
This server had worst days, way worst... and it's growing now.
That's the only excuse about this server (and the mount) but please... who think like that, really never had been more level 30 to know what allods is about. And again, this is not a war between servers. Each one picks the one that one prefers tho, one thing everyone knows, the server has no publicity so not many players, never had (specially because Cash Shop, if you are a usual on forum you should know this since great Gpotato...) but if 50 players leave to P2P then they might be even... Awkward but... It's the truth and you know it. You don't have more than 200 (250 tops) active endgame players in F2P in both sides. If P2P have 40 we alerady have 25% of the server... You call that empty? I wouldn't...

Sometimes the truth is right in front of us but we prefer to tell stories to ourselves at night to make the world a better place...

Cheers.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 4:54pm

IAmGroot

Professional

A lot of them say that they farm gold on f2p and then exchange it to "buy" their sub,

You don't have more than 200 (250 tops) active endgame players in F2P in both sides. If P2P have 40 we alerady have 25% of the server... You call that empty? I wouldn't...

That is about the most silly allegation I have ever seen.
I know the population is low, but LOL, it is MUCH higher than 250 on each side.
I would guess it's much closer to 500-600 on empire and well i know little about league, but I would assume less than that at around 400-450.
Therefore...yes, your population is miniscule at best.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 5:07pm

I would guess it's much closer to 500-600 on empire and well i know little about league, but I would assume less than that at around 400-450.

Well i'll give you the benefit of doubt here... But i wont go after 500 players each side... Sorry but can't.
But even if you'r right, 1000 players in both sides, after merging more than 5 servers, is it really a good population for an online game like this? This server (f2p) have almost 6 years and... 1k players.
History proves it: Cash Shop and lack of advertisement killed it. And continues to kill... Why does it proves? Well, at least for me it's one of top 3 best online games. How many players have top 10 online MMO's? So yes, considering this, i might say P2P is not really that low against F2P. I'ts proportional. Tho, P2P have potential to grow while F2P is stagnant.

Cheers.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 5:26pm

Azazel

Beginner

They could make xchange npc sigle sided, meaning trade only gold for bcoins at a fixed price ofc, to satisfy free to players. I think that's a nice idea. As I said before buying gold affects the game economy, never saw another mmo doing something so silly!

And to answer to Bhaalibouh about p2p ppl complaing, well they shouldn't. They chose the server WITH subscription whats more logical than actually pay their sub?? 8)

(Im not against p2p server, actually played on it when it started for quite some time. Im just sharing some thoughts)

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 5:36pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Well i'll give you the benefit of doubt here... But i wont go after 500 players each side... Sorry but can't.

The reason why I can, without feeling like I am extending the truth, say that there must be at least 500 players on Empire is because in Disturbed, alone, there are over 100 active players. (Active determined as has logged into the game within the last 3 days.)

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 5:57pm

I wasn't, and won't, call you a liar. I believe in you.

Disturbed is a big guild considering the game and the guilds it have. How many big guild you have in Empire and League? 4? 5 tops? the rest is guilds with reincas and guilds with 10/20 players? It's a total of 500, more or less...
My main point here is: i can't stand with the idea of an almost ghost game (no advertisement, at all^^) with a total of 1k players. And when a sub server comes, ofc ppl say "I wont pay to play! I'll buy a mount, runes level 5 and a bigger to just to start..." and then they spent the same has almost 3 or 4 years in P2P while they can have way much more.
Last time i've check:
WoW, in October 14, had 7.4kk players. LoL have almost 11 million players. Even MapleStory have 5kk players for god sake^^
So, when we have a game (way better than these i mentioned) with 1k players or even 2k players or even 3k (heck, i'm losing my mind...) calling a sub server that is known by it's primal (toxic) "free" server, a dead server makes lough at best. The server have it's legacy: FREE2P server.
Yes (just to finish), P2P is low population (as F2P), but it's growing. Might be slowing, but is. F2P is stagant, people come, people goes, but stagant. So i see a brighter future to P2P then to F2P with all this data. At least i do, you (or anyone else) don't have to agree or think the same.

About exchange NPC, it came to increase, exponentially, the price of goods in AH. If it continues to grow like this, then ppl would start to sell gold because it would be cheaper. They just removed faring mobs coz of this. You have to participate in events to get gold. Everyone knows that gold sellers can farm it not play the games. And who buys gold? Cashload players. If they can pay and exchaneg in game will they allow it to lose that money to other people?

Cheers.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 6:19pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I don't disagree with the population.
You say it's stagnant on the f2p server. It is, you're absolutely right.
I can't personally say that I know the p2p server's population increase or decrease... but I can say that it is very...very low. It hit lows such as 25 people per faction. A new patch is coming up and it has potential to bring back some players and bring in new players (although I doubt this because there is no marketing/advertising) but the game has not changed. The game is the exact same game it has always been (which I absolutely adore, however, some people bore of it) and those people will come back to see it that way. It's just a new set of gear a new set of levels to grind out and that's about it. As I stated...for some reason...I love this game even though I've done the exact same thing for 4 years now. But my point to all this is...I just don't see the population spike (with the coming patch) staying for longer than a month. It's the same on the f2p server. We will get an influx of 100-200 people that will play and come to the conclusion that the game hasn't changed and there is no reason to play because they were unhappy when they quit last time and nothing is new. But...those people will disappear again and we will be stuck in our stagnant population again.

I'm not bashing either server...but I'm just saying...with the lack of marketing/advertising for the game as a whole (f2p/p2p) there will not be many new players.

I can also guarantee you had the p2p server been there from day one of my finding Allods...I'd have been there and saved myself THOUSANDS of dollars. As I'm sure thousands upon thousands of other people would have been there too. The game/server/population would have been INCREDIBLE if there was 2 servers from the beginning. But Allods did not do this and it's unfortunate.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 7:10pm

I can't speak for empire but on league just our guild last night had 17 people on for a random weekday.. We have at least 20+ active in the guild and I know Avarice has a solid raids worth as well. This would bring league population easily over 40 active players and I see 1-2 new people each day i log on.

I'm not sure where you are getting that max is 25 players on each faction haha. But that must be what everyone believes from f2p server :) Population is growing and f2p still thinks there is no one here. :(

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 7:12pm

I can't personally say that I know the p2p server's population increase or decrease... but I can say that it is very...very low. It hit lows such as 25 people per faction. A new patch is coming up and it has potential to bring back some players and bring in new players (although I doubt this because there is no marketing/advertising) but the game has not changed. The game is the exact same game it has always been (which I absolutely adore, however, some people bore of it) and those people will come back to see it that way. It's just a new set of gear a new set of levels to grind out and that's about it. As I stated...for some reason...I love this game even though I've done the exact same thing for 4 years now. But my point to all this is...I just don't see the population spike (with the coming patch) staying for longer than a month. It's the same on the f2p server. We will get an influx of 100-200 people that will play and come to the conclusion that the game hasn't changed and there is no reason to play because they were unhappy when they quit last time and nothing is new. But...those people will disappear again and we will be stuck in our stagnant population again.

I'm not bashing either server...but I'm just saying...with the lack of marketing/advertising for the game as a whole (f2p/p2p) there will not be many new players.

I can also guarantee you had the p2p server been there from day one of my finding Allods...I'd have been there and saved myself THOUSANDS of dollars. As I'm sure thousands upon thousands of other people would have been there too. The game/server/population would have been INCREDIBLE if there was 2 servers from the beginning. But Allods did not do this and it's unfortunate.

You're completely right. I used to play quite much back then (over 3 years ago) and recently thought of checking on Allods again.

In a nutshell - they don't make it easy. I considered writing a wall of text why Allods won't really get any new players, but guess I'll just make a shorter list to avoid eye strain for people.

• Website borderline impossible to find, unless you're specifically looking for it. Hell, it's not even listed on my.com.
  • Website lacks any kind of information. No features, classes, game mechanics, in-game screens, server information, guides. Nothing.
  • F2P server is hard to get into if you're brand new. To be even considered more than cannonfodder, you'd have to spend considerable amount of money and/or time on the game. Much enough to scare away any newcomers.
  • There's not much information on the P2P server, aside from a FAQ somewhere in a subsection on the forum. But reading through that FAQ means nothing to new players. No amalgam catalysts? No Elixirs? Yea, things like these are important for those who know about the game. Try reading through that FAQ with the eyes of someone who never played Allods - half of these words are meaningless and you won't ever find out what's the advantage of P2P over F2P.
  • No trial period of any sorts on P2P server. Not even a week. That's a major mistake for an older game with such low population. New players have no information about the server and they can't even experience it without paying €10/$13. Having people with trial period running around would at least make it look as if there're some players on the server - currently you'll come accross a player every 2-3 hours if you're in one of the capitals.

These are just the main issues thanks to which the majority of players won't even consider giving Allods a chance. Fixing those above wouldn't even take a whole lot of time - it's as if they're only keeping the servers on so the oldschool players get to play their characters just a little more.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 7:21pm

You're completely right. I used to play quite much back then (over 3 years ago) and recently thought of checking on Allods again.

In a nutshell - they don't make it easy. I considered writing a wall of text why Allods won't really get any new players, but guess I'll just make a shorter list to avoid eye strain for people.

• Website borderline impossible to find, unless you're specifically looking for it. Hell, it's not even listed on my.com.
  • Website lacks any kind of information. No features, classes, game mechanics, in-game screens, server information, guides. Nothing.
  • F2P server is hard to get into if you're brand new. To be even considered more than cannonfodder, you'd have to spend considerable amount of money and/or time on the game. Much enough to scare away any newcomers.
  • There's not much information on the P2P server, aside from a FAQ somewhere in a subsection on the forum. But reading through that FAQ means nothing to new players. No amalgam catalysts? No Elixirs? Yea, things like these are important for those who know about the game. Try reading through that FAQ with the eyes of someone who never played Allods - half of these words are meaningless and you won't ever find out what's the advantage of P2P over F2P.
  • No trial period of any sorts on P2P server. Not even a week. That's a major mistake for an older game with such low population. New players have no information about the server and they can't even experience it without paying €10/$13. Having people with trial period running around would at least make it look as if there're some players on the server - currently you'll come accross a player every 2-3 hours if you're in one of the capitals.

These are just the main issues thanks to which the majority of players won't even consider giving Allods a chance. Fixing those above wouldn't even take a whole lot of time - it's as if they're only keeping the servers on so the oldschool players get to play their characters just a little more.

You summed it up really good. Sad thing is My.com or Gpotato or whatever have never and never will care, why can cry as much as we want, it seems. They did some sad attempts like the 2 week free time which they could have used to advertise the game a lot, redesign the website and just do SOMETHING buuuut as expected nothing big happened.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful