You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 10:03am

Is it worth playing on P2P these days?

Is it worth playing on P2P these days? I started on p2p but the server population made me concerned for future of the game. I changed over to f2p and it's great seeing other players around but the limitations on levelling etc are a bit annoying. Does p2p have a future because I would rather not invest time into the game only to have the server shutdown in a few months.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Mar 5th 2015, 10:44am) with the following reason: title // division

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 10:21am

I play there and i say it does.

The server had worst days... Population isn't like F2P but.. if everyone thinks like that well... it's you that is killing the server not otherwise. And when you say population, you think F2P have good population or, considering an MMO, it's good population? Awkward question hain^^?

P2P will not close. If they close this server, trust me, it's the game that it's being shutdown. Not because of the importance of this server but because both servers haven't it. Not by the game, or players but only, and just only, by the lack of everything My.Com have to maintain a game bigger then them.

There's plenty of posts about your question. It all comes to:

What type of Allods you want to play?

Do you care about a pleasant game? P2P/F2P
Are you a rich guy and 3k/4k/5k euros isn't the problem? F2P
Do you plan to quest and farm for the next 2 years (minimum) without having much in the end while little enjoyment in the middle? F2P
Do you intend on not spending a dime but not enjoying the endgame with other fellas equally? F2P
Do you prefer a server, with stagnant population and every time more voices complaining about prices and how is P2W way is growing? F2P
Do you want a game where you can have everything, like everyone else, without thousands of euros, with all the fun and skill, and everything but, your too afraid to be part of it? P2P

I'm not pushing you anywhere... just making some rhetorical questions.... that's all...

Cheers
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 10:38am

You make some interesting points, Kuekas. What I want out the game is to have an enjoyable levelling up experience without feeling like I'm the only person in the game world. I've noticed the cash shop is a very insidious beast, a few euros here or there doesn't sound a lot but after a while it all adds up. I'm leaning towards moving back to p2p to be honest.

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 10:47am

Hello,

I moved your messages from the FAQ thread to a new topic, as it is an open discussion, much more than precise questions and precise answers :).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Mar 5th 2015, 11:49am)

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 10:59am

It's worth to start on p2p now because this server is very friendly for new players not like "f2p" filled with cash shop (I consider f2p as a demo to try out the game). But if you don't mind spending a lot of cash on game and playing something almost without a challenge than go on f2p.
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 11:46am

But if you don't mind spending a lot of cash on game and playing something almost without a challenge than go on f2p.
Well I do mind :D

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 11:54am

I absolutely recommend playing there as you will get the whole Allods experience. I never had as much fun in a game since I left f2p and joined p2p a year ago.

The servers wont be shut down within the next few year since this game is owned by a huge russian developer/ publisher calledx Mail.ru and I believe Allods makes enough money to sustain itself on the western market for quite some time. If they planned to shut it down they wouldn't have put the effort into translating 6.0 into 3 or 4 different languages.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:03pm

telling him he will get the "whole" experience is simply wrong
on payserver, there are a lot of things simply NOT available

but not only hard to earn, NOT available at all, no matter what you do :thumbdown:

pvp will be easier due to the fact all players are relatively equal, thats the main thing most payserver-players like it i guess

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:06pm

allerds ornline pluyer pls those thengs are jest a luxury, they are not pert of de core gaem

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:07pm

but not only hard to earn, NOT available at all, no matter what you do :thumbdown:

Um, things like a goblin or a pet which collects herbs for you aren't available in ANY sub game and they aren't neccessary for the game to have the whole experience. They are just cash shop gimmicks to squeeze more money out of lazy people. It seems like having a lot of cs stuff on f2p makes you incredibly spoiled. :D

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:11pm

Achilles

Intermediate

pvp will be easier due to the fact all players are relatively equal, thats the main thing most payserver-players like it i guess

Please, stop spewing shit and scurry off back to F2P forums and discuss your farmed 'basic' CS items, K thanks.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:13pm

TheRampage

Trainee

AGAIN allods online player...man give up,u dont playing on p2p server,u dont like p2p....just avoid p2p section,cuz u BS too much on threads like this one...

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:13pm

Um, things like a goblin or a pet which collects herbs for you aren't available in ANY sub game and they aren't neccessary for the game to have the whole experience. They are just cash shop gimmicks to squeeze more money out of lazy people. It seems like having a lot of cs stuff on f2p makes you incredibly spoiled. :D

actually not having these things would reduce my experience in a notable way

its much more that is missing...
i will copy the list once more, just for those who are new so they can decide whether its OK for them or not

what is missing on payserver:

+ FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!) ---> but there is a catmount available thats not incredibly slow, however you must do a raid first to get it... so you are dependent on a lot of ppl to get it
+ Astral Servant
+ Statpoints (only 20/25 available)
+ Talenpoints
+ Rubies
+ Defensive Statpoints
+ Proper Trinkets
+ Multiple Reincarnations
+ Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items!)
+ Endless Respec Talents/Stats (no matter how long you play it will never be free on payserver :S)
+ No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)
+ Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol
+ Lootpet is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!
+ Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs! --> maybe this is solved with version 6.0? i dont know

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:14pm

Achilles

Intermediate

Nah man, he needs to get his post count up, leave him be.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:17pm

Please, stop spewing shit and scurry off back to F2P forums and discuss your farmed 'basic' CS items, K thanks.

AGAIN allods online player...man give up,u dont playing on p2p server,u dont like p2p....just avoid p2p section,cuz u BS too much on threads like this one...

stating facts is bs? :rolleyes:

Quoted from "Achilles"

why is it a problem to tell ppl that all items that matter can be gotten for FREE just with some effort? :|

the best thing is to state facts here, and ppl will decide what is better for them anyway

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:18pm

Senpai

Intermediate

• "Senpai" has been banned

OT: I would give p2p a try see what you like about the server I would recommend to join empire as atm they are fewer then league.

Off topic: wut....
KAPPA

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:21pm

pls ban aop, I've never seen such an annoying being

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:22pm

+ FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!)
13.98 and mounts are getting faster
+ Astral Servant
we all beg for these (jokingly) but we can live without them
+ Statpoints (only 20/25 available)
this makes the game stupidly easy and lets you mindlessly put stats into anything you wish
+ Talenpoints
this makes the game stupidly easy and lets you mindlessly put talents into anything you wish
+ Rubies
dont need more.. make strategic decisions about your build
+ Defensive Statpoints
don't need
+ Proper Trinkets
don't need
+ Multiple Reincarnations
definitely don't need
+ Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items!)
i have a 54 slot bag, bigger than my f2p character... l2work for your stuff (which i know you like to do)
+ Endless Respec Talents/Stats (no matter how long you play it will never be free on payserver :S)
makes you think twice of what build you want
+ No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)
lets materials actually have a price instead of not being existent on the ah
+ Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol
auction house is not useless
+ Lootpet is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!
that's your loss
+ Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs!
that's just you being entitled, farm some gold you should know better than anyone else

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:23pm

not hard to earn, NOT at all available

and by this you mean:

"Items unavailable on the Subscription server

1. 5th level of Patronage
2. Elixirs
3. Additional rubies provided by Pages from Great Mage's Diary
4. Additional skill points provided by Scrolls of the Sacrament
5. Emblems of the Wrathful Wizard
6. Mount spells and Patronage spells
7. Battlemounts
8. Amalgam Catalysts
9. Quest lines with Astral gemstones (Lapis Lazuli, Topaz, Chrysolites) from class trainers
10. Mana Batteries, Thunderstrikes and Turrets
11. Curse removal
12. Experience boosters
13. Quest Log expansion
14. Universal Reagents for crafting
15. Mystery Seal
16. Class abilities unlock
17. Additional Reincarnations
18. Horn of War and premium chats
19. June Coins
20. Some Mount Colour Patterns from the Boutique
21. Most of the decorative items from the Boutique
22. 2nd and 3rd crafting profession unlock
23. Mount feed and additional Stable Slots
24. Keys for chests
25. Master Goblin and its duplicates from Strongboxes
26. Coupons
27. Specks of Light
28. Ship Consumables
29. Magic Ink.
"

Ohhh i'm such an incomplete player without these stuff that sent away hundreads of players... Oh my god... How will i make Eclipse without, i don't know... maybe this:
18. Horn of War and premium chats?????
23. Mount feed and additional Stable Slots???????

And btw, ill take this to explain some stuff:

1. 5th level of Patronage - Useless in P2P.
2. Elixirs Useless in P2P. Required in P2W
3. Additional rubies provided by Pages from Great Mage's Diary You get them in P2P.
4. Additional skill points provided by Scrolls of the Sacrament You get them in P2P.
5. Emblems of the Wrathful Wizard You have epic on P2P
6. Mount spells and Patronage spells You have them in P2P. Not the rank 2 but isn't a lethal think is it?
7. Battlemounts You have them in P2P.
8. Amalgam Catalysts Useless in P2P.
9. Quest lines with Astral gemstones (Lapis Lazuli, Topaz, Chrysolites) from class trainers Useless in P2P.
10. Mana Batteries, Thunderstrikes and Turrets Useless in P2P. P2W item.
11. Curse removal Guess why you don't have these???? Yes, you don't have cursed items in P2P -.-
12. Experience boosters You don't have them in P2P. But...... You have 30% on exp ALWAYS + 10% from Flag of war -> i NEVER farmed a level....
13. Quest Log expansion Useless in P2P. You don't need to keep hundreds of quests since this isn't old experience system.
14. Universal Reagents for crafting You have everything you need for a balanced crafting system. 3 days i made Alchy 60, got second profession and in 2 hours made level 60 Tailoring ( i had the components from leveling, so, all by myself)
15. Mystery Seal Useless in P2P. You do the quests, they are easy and get you experience.
16. Class abilities unlock Useless in P2P. It's a P2W thing. You can buy a class ability why should reincas exist^^
17. Additional Reincarnations Could be good in P2P. We have just one.
18. Horn of War and premium chats Useless in P2P. I don't feel a bigger player if on top of my char head i have some fairy bubbles to say what i can without this.
19. June Coins Could be good in P2P, not a requirement.
20. Some Mount Colour Patterns from the Boutique 1 or 2 mounts unavailable in P2P? Yes, if you don't possess 123123 mounts while 23123 of them have same speed and same skills you won't be a successful player.
21. Most of the decorative items from the BoutiqueNo comments...
22. 2nd and 3rd crafting profession unlock You can have 2 and really need more? Alchy for pots and Inspiration for crafting profession. AH and mates will complete the rest. Plus, you can make what others can with recipes so... Useless^^
23. Mount feed and additional Stable Slots You have 10 slots for mounts, patterns doesn't occupy slot. You can increase it by doing some turns in Tka-Rik cave and get unlocks.
24. Keys for chests No comments...
25. Master Goblin and its duplicates from Strongboxes This could be useful yes. But it's necessary or did we became lazy by it just to go to bank or next NPC to sell? Tho the TP option could makes it's use...
26. Coupons Useless in P2P.
27. Specks of Light Useless in P2P. P2W item
28. Ship Consumables Useless in P2P.
29. Magic Ink. Useless in P2P.

Well i'm off...

Cheers
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Rate this thread