You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 9:00am

Website not 100% compatible with Google Chrome

The websites
fr.allods.com
en.allods.com
are not fully compatible with Google chrome

When clicking on a link for the news on the homepage of these sites, the page just remains blank, and never loads.

Please check: bug reproductibility
consider fixes

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 10:48am

Wrong!
I'm using the newest stable version of chrome and everything works fine for me.
But I know what you mean, I had the same problem when the site launched.
My solution was it to allow www.allods.com to track me with their social media buttons.
If you may use extensions like Ghostery or Disconnect which are disabling tracking,
you should consider to turn them off or add an exception for www.allods.com.
Then the site should work. :thumbup:

PS: Why do you think it's my.com's fault that the site didn't work?
As I guess they've tested their site with all major browsers.
Therefore it's unlikely their fault.

... But they should make it possible to visit the site without having to turn tracking on anyway.

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 7:38pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Same with Chromium (Linux) ..

Quoted

My solution was it to allow www.allods.com to track me with their social media buttons.
Yup, this workaround seems to work
Forum Code Of ConductGeneral Game RulesAccount Ownership RulesSupport Staff

• Subscribe to my Gaming or Anime YouTube Channel • Visit me on MAL

Friday, March 13th 2015, 2:43am

If you may use extensions like Ghostery or Disconnect which are disabling tracking,
you should consider to turn them off or add an exception for www.allods.com.
Then the site should work.

I run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.89 m, technically the latest self-updated version of the browser.
I have turned off my "protection" extensions on allods.com (Blur, Adblock, and I allowed tracking though the avast extension)
I made sure that cookies from the website were allowed.
Still, when I click on a news link on the first page, it gets me to a blank screen, while when I click on anything else on the front page, I get where I am supposed to.

What specifically do you call "social media buttons" ? I see nothing like a Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, or instagram button anywhere on my screen.

PS: Why do you think it's my.com's fault that the site didn't work?
As I guess they've tested their site with all major browsers.
Therefore it's unlikely their fault.

... But they should make it possible to visit the site without having to turn tracking on anyway.

I did not post out of rage, I tried the things I thought of, noticed that on Firefox, everything is displayed, even though exactly the same extensions are installed and activated on Firefox (which I keep precisely to test those kind of things when Chrome fails me)

Friday, March 13th 2015, 2:46am

Also, a point on ergonomy:
why when I click on the Allods online logo at the top of the forum page, it does not bring me back to the entrance of the website, as is the case with (100-10^(-100))% of websites on the Internet? Instead, it just does nothing.

Friday, March 13th 2015, 3:00am

This is what the chrome console says:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
http://s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_wid…ad9d3fe&async=1
Uncaught ReferenceError: addthis is not defined
addthis.js:11

and turning off adblock on www.allods.com did not change anything...

Friday, March 13th 2015, 8:19am

Oh okay, I'm sorry if I seemed to be offensive. But there's a difference between blocking of ads and tracking.
What I meant with social media buttons? At the end of each news post, which doesn't load for you, are twitter and facebook sharing buttons.
That's also the reason why the main page load as it doesn't contains any social media buttons tracking you.
I just figured out that the blocking of other tracking won't cause the problem, or at least not for me.

PS: btw, Chrome has a built-in "Do not track me" request function somewhere in the advanced settings as well.
Is it activated? Did you tried to turn it off too?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Vagrimst" (Mar 13th 2015, 9:50am)

Friday, March 13th 2015, 4:04pm

no changes, whether I check "do not track me" in google chrome settings or not.

Monday, March 16th 2015, 2:03am