You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 11:33pm

New player

Hey guys. I`ve been playing Allods long time ago (when p2p server came out) and i loved this game. For personal reasons i had to quit but now i want to get back to it. I am wondering since a lot have changed i want to play on imperium side and i am wondering what class to play. I want a class that is now good both at pvp and pve. Before I`ve been playing bard and i did not like it at all leveling was painfull. (I also want a class that is not over-populated if thats making any sense at all)

Also is there any guild on Imperium side that would like to take a newbie under their wings?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tonguska" (Mar 12th 2015, 11:42pm)

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 11:35pm

Play a scout. They can dps, tank, and destroy in pvp :) I think it would be a fun class, even though I do not play it personally.

Utopie is the Imp guild. They will take anyone I believe. PM anyone you see from the guild in game and I am sure they can get you in :)

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 11:53pm

Gramarye

Professional

scouts are just op, take something else if u wanna have fair pvp ...

Friday, March 13th 2015, 1:46am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

Scouts can be beaten if you know how to beat them there not that OP sure lots of damage but if you use tactics and you have skill scouts can be taken down like any other class.
Smugglers Paradise

Friday, March 13th 2015, 4:47am

ofc you can kill a scout^^ its not even hard but scout will still kill most classes while his last laugh lasts^^

Friday, March 13th 2015, 11:32am

Gramarye

Professional

i never said that a scout is unkillable, but I saw so much retards now just won because of the class which deals definetly too much dmg atm...

Friday, March 13th 2015, 4:24pm

yep cuz russians can just think in a straight line :D i admit scout was too weak before so it deserved a push but then again the overrestimatet a bit :D but well just let them their time they were punching balls before so why not^^

Friday, March 13th 2015, 6:18pm

What about engineer class? Is it viable. Somewere on this forum i read that it is very boring to play

Friday, March 13th 2015, 7:50pm

Gramarye

Professional

im playing engineer, i would definitely not call it boring. Its challenging beause its still a bit broken in my eyes:
- if u use a normal/meta build u will just have a flamethrower-turret as aoe. The problems are the dmg which is very high that u get aggro from mobs and the hard placement.
- the whole feeling when fighting is a bit weird. Because u want to do ure rotation but need to interrupt every time because of global cd for placing ur turret, mosquitos, green smoke bomb or activating the pylon
- pylon (gives u energy but u cant move). Not a big problem but if use it in astral and an Aoe pops up u need to use "z" to remove the buff, but again the global cd on that is annoying. In the new astral i died to this some times alrdy...

For PvP i think the engineer is just useful in 1on1 combat. All skills are made for singletarget (defibrillation, steel trap, combat mode ... )
Anyway the engi is very squishy which makes it hard to sustain against healers etc.
Btw im bad at PvP... this is just my opinion.

Friday, March 13th 2015, 8:06pm

I play an engineer and I would suggest not leveling one :) Even if I made an alt, I would not level as an engineer. I haven't tried it yet but based on the rotations and skills I know now. I wouldn't want to do it.

Saturday, March 14th 2015, 2:32am

Gramarye

Professional

I guess leveling isnt that bad ... u will get the real Rotation very late. Anyway u need to kill every mob 1on1 but until lvl 40 or so it should be just spamming acid/fire shot ans frag bomb if off CD.

But for ure main question I recommend a class which can be tank or heal to get astral easier. Most of them are good in PvP too, pala and healers are mb op too :/

Sunday, March 15th 2015, 6:16pm

What about engineer class? Is it viable. Somewere on this forum i read that it is very boring to play

when engineer class came out it was really crappy, actually it was the worst class at this point, i guss you read an old thread about it

but then there was a patch that buffed this class and now its normal and a good class :)
rotation is very unique but not bad at all

Rate this thread