You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 16th 2015, 5:29pm

How am I supposed to level?

So I ran out of quests again, but this time my XP bar is only half full. Any advice on how to get over this obstacle with a level 32 character, or is this how things are meant to be, so I'd be forced to buy XP scrolls?

Monday, March 16th 2015, 5:32pm

IAmGroot

Professional

So I ran out of quests again, but this time my XP bar is only half full. Any advice on how to get over this obstacle with a level 32 character, or is this how things are meant to be, so I'd be forced to buy XP scrolls?

Your last statement is absolutely 100% correct.
There are these "not enough quest zones" so that you are to do one of the following:

1.) Quit the game
2.) Buy EXP scrolls
3.) Cry a lot, grind, cry more, then grind more and eventually your fingers start to hurt from constantly grinding mobs

Monday, March 16th 2015, 5:35pm

If you are f2p, queue Goblinball and you can buy Goblinball EXP rewards. Each EXP scroll from Goblinball will give you about a bar and a half of exp.

If you are on p2p, earlier NA times Goblinball pops normally and just grind :) It will be over before you know it.

Monday, March 16th 2015, 5:37pm

1.) Quit the game
I think I'll go with this one. No use in grinding just to get stuck again later.

Monday, March 16th 2015, 5:39pm

If you are f2p, queue Goblinball and you can buy Goblinball EXP rewards. Each EXP scroll from Goblinball will give you about a bar and a half of exp.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Monday, March 16th 2015, 5:47pm

Effreti

Trainee

You are probably in Coba, that zone has always been a pain in the butt for new players. Do as the guy above said and get symbols. Pvp also gives experience if you are the one dealing the killing blow. Good thing is you won't have that problem after that, until you reach IoR and must do the cave trials.
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Monday, March 16th 2015, 11:54pm

coba and its exp lack is a really hard test for new players, i have had this problem myself when i was ned :pinch:

some hints:
- goblinball & buy exp token
- kill players in asee teph, even if you get killed its only a very very small amount of gold that you need to instant respawn (mirra); level 29 can be killed without holy justice; you can do 2 or even 3 levels this way faster than grinding usual
- once you reached level 35 STRONGLY recommend to "abuse" the TT2 instance and level until 37 or better 38 there by just repeating it

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 2:00am

Level 59 to level 60 was the worst in my opinion. Coba is nothing compared to that.

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 4:21am

Pochtron

Intermediate

The biggest part of grinding can be removed by using the "Marks of Fate". You can skip most of Asee and Coba with them and then gather some again for Kira/IOR.
If you don't have enough XP, maybe look for some forgotten quests, spam the instances with mercs or ask for someone to help with group quests : you won't get xp for the kill, but returning the quest does help.

Also the 59 to 60 grind was only for people who already were 55 at the time of patch. I leveled 2 reincs below 55 to 60 after it without any grind at all, so don't be afraid of it :) And as others said, goblinball for xp buffs is always an option since you need no gear for it.

Good luck, keep up and join us soon in 65. It's totally worth it !

Thursday, March 19th 2015, 9:35am

If youre playing on f2p and struggling to lvl, either join p2p or quit.. because end game is full of pay to win player, so grinding mobs probably wont be your hardest challenge..

Thursday, March 19th 2015, 10:27am

If you use the marks of fate well you can skip a lot of the grindy parts. Use them on quests such as "fetch 20 herbs" or "mark 20 stallions", it gives exp for using marks of fate and you can turn in the quest as well afterwards for some more exp.

Thursday, March 19th 2015, 10:53am

dragagon

Unregistered

grinding is part of playing the game, no idea why ppls hate that. i Always loved it.

i'd rather say if you already cry abt that you have to grind 1 or 2 levels in your questing adventure, then quit the game cause u won't be able to handle end game stuff either.

Thursday, March 19th 2015, 2:54pm

yes, correctly done grinding is great fun :)
another "tip" is you take mobs with you, means when you travel from A to B for doing a quest there just kill all the mobs on the way you see too, this makes a noteable difference if you do it all the time :)

Thursday, March 19th 2015, 6:54pm

I agree, grinding can be fun. These lower level grinding is usually no problem.

But the 59 to 60 as i mentioned wasn't fun. Only viable way is getting help to kill a mob over and over. And as someone said above, I leveled two characters from 51 to 65, one constantly in party, and the other solo. There was no significant difference in their XP in the end. But both still had to grind 70% of the xp until lvl 60 (around 300k + xp)
Mobs give around 150 to 300xp each and that boss isn't manageable solo at lvl 59 and gives around 6k xp solo. It takes time and just isn't fun.

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 4:57pm

Those people who says "Grinding is fun" have become zombie slaves for the Developers :D

leveling up in this game is nothing but a shore, like a job without payment :P

grinding in coba pleatue is insane. you farm for hours only to find out that you will have to farm more later :P

And if you run out of quests at level 32, that means you have already done all the 33 quests.
So you are not a half level behind, you are 1 and a half level behind... ^^ this game is shit.

Quit the game befour it takes you is my recommendation xD