You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 5:59pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

[PMB]: Pimp My Build

• NOTE: [PMB] rules & rewards have been updated! To check out the changes directly, visit our [PMB] Reminder & Update !

Dear Sarnaut,

Update 6.0 "Broken Chains" has brought many new tweaks and changes to the game, as well as the classes themselves, making it a good time to review your character and prepare for a new adventure - starting with your build!

Now that Pimp My Build has returned, you get to help others develop their character - and we get to reward you for doing it!

Have you mastered your class? Do you believe you have something to teach the rookies you have faced? Will you inspire those who wish to become as knowledgeable as you by sharing your secrets? We're calling out all experts of each class to help inspire the up-and-coming fighters of Sarnaut via Pimp My Build!

"Pimp My Build" begins on the 17th of March and ends on the 4th of April!

PMB Rules
  1. Visit the Official Forum Archetype List and find your class.
  2. Open a new thread with the prefix [PMB] at the start of the thread title.
  3. Introduce yourself via character's name, guild, role - and why you like this class and its abilities.
  4. Discuss how the latest update has impacted your class, how it has
    altered or modified your build, and how you've incorporated the changes
    into your play style.
  5. The build itself - is it PVE, PVP, Raid, Hybrid? What spells and rubies did you pick and why did you make those choices?
NOTE: Players can only post one guide per class as part of the competition - and you may not use a guide previously submitted to Pimp My Build! In addition, winners cannot win more than one prize!

We hope you impart your knowledge in a way that is clear, concise, to the point, and added to the forums from your very own hands. Presentation is key, so feel free to break up your build using informative images - though bear in mind that we will NOT be accepting entries that are composed of 100% images, nor will we be accepting videos or external links.

Once the event ends, all builds will be gathered and judged by our Goblin panel!

To provide you with a little extra incentive, all participants will be rewarded with a special-pet - and we're also giving away these fantastic prizes! -- Winners will be chosen per class, as well as per language - with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes up for grabs. This means there are a total of 120 rewards!

First
Winner's Wings
30-day // 200-Day Free access to the subscription server
5,000 Premium Crystals

Second
20-day // 160-Day Free access to the subscription server
4,000 Premium Crystals

Third
15-day // 140-Day Free access to the subscription server
3,500 Premium Crystals

If you wish to take part, head on over to the Archetype List, select your class, then share your knowledge!

-The Allods Team

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Mar 27th 2015, 3:05pm)

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 6:07pm

Artuditu

Trainee

Is this the 'special-pet' every participant will receive? Having this little fella would be awesome :)

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 6:14pm

Nice, just a few questions.

Can we spread the build in more than 1 post? The character limit is too small for all the info. Also can we do both our PvP and DPS build or only 1 build? And we can't make a special web page like with WIX and link it?
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Avarice

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 7:20pm

I think it's like last time so:
-you can use more than 1post
-you have to use the site (so you can use graphic content but it must be working on forum)
-you choose pmb content
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 11:38pm

Effreti

Trainee

So there are 3 winners per class, per language? and everyone get the furry rascal? Sounds good to me :D gonna go dust off the old scouts forum.
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 1:16pm

Is this the 'special-pet' every participant will receive? Having this little fella would be awesome :)

lol this is adoreable, is it a piece of head-vanity?

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 3:04pm

Artuditu

Trainee

lol this is adoreable, is it a piece of head-vanity?

Yes, it is.

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 3:13pm

Effreti

Trainee

gonna have this on my head and the drake on my back, call me beastmaster :D
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 3:33pm

Hello,

http://fan-zone.net/static/Norrell/32/thumbnail/gif.gif

I don't think so. It doesn't look like the one in the announcement.
The one on your picture looks more or less like a squirrel.
The exclusive pet seems like a rabbit mixed with a chinchilla and a chicken, or a raptor :D.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 7:49pm

I don't want this to look like a bitching post but I guess it will to some people.

At first I was like "Yey 30 day sub and 5k crystals for 1st place, I can do that!". But being the nub that I am I didn't realize that those were premium crystals which you can't use to get sub and you can't use to sell items on f2p and use the gold to get sub with them. And now I'm like "Fck that I'm not spending hours on something that will give me a reward not worth my effort!". And that's only IF I'd get 1st place, not thinking about the worse rewards for 2nd and 3rd place. And I was planning to make videos to help show off bard rotations and when to use which spells and why to help with the explanations of the skills. Oh and pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

What I want to say is this. If you expect that top players share their hard work and their builds to help the new or unskilled people you should reward us with better things. Like for p2p 1st place at least 3 month sub and 5 plat coins, and so on. And for f2p some CS item or something that's worth the trouble. If you don't do this I think that most top players just won't bother with it, as I know a good number of people from my guild won't.

Just my 2 cents.

Fid
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Avarice

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 8:46pm

Yuna

Trainee

i dont see where is the per-reward on any pic to understand what exactly is... :s
Yuna
Monsters Inc.
:love:

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 9:37pm

ÇiLeK

Intermediate

Can we post more than one guide ?
For example ;
One guide for healer and one guide for mage.
Can we get first place with both of them ?

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 10:05pm

Hello,

Can we spread the build in more than 1 post? The character limit is too small for all the info. Also can we do both our PvP and DPS build or only 1 build? And we can't make a special web page like with WIX and link it?

We asked our CMs, and the Allods Team is expecting to read each PMB directly on the forum. Which means, no video-only PMB, no external-link (no wix etc.), no big-sized image that takes a year to load. Due to the character limit, several messages are allowed of course.

Something quite simple, texts + images is the best idea for this contest :).

Quoted

Be clear, informative and legible. Make it stand out from the crowd as best you can, such as useful images or fancy layout.

Remember, this is not about doing an exhaustive guide about all possibilities of a class, but about presenting your own build (Pimp My Build).
I think 2 builds are ok, as there are 2 build possibilities ingame, by default, when you have the greatness and no fountain of death, but we'll ask to be sure.

so what is it then? a mount (like the goat)? or vanity?
It is a "special-pet". I assume it's like a warden pet, but i'm not sure, i never saw this pet ingame yet.

@ÇiLeK :

Quoted

NOTE: Players can only post one guide per class as part of the competition - and you may not use a guide previously submitted to Pimp My Build!
I think you can choose 2 classes, but i don't know if you can win twice. Anyway, I think that that's something the jury will take into account when choosing winners.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Mar 18th 2015, 10:23pm)

Thursday, March 19th 2015, 9:46am

Mhuldoon

Professional

As adorable as the head-squirrel is, the PMB pet is not a headpiece.

EDIT:
Prizes per language, hence there'll be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for EN/DE/TR/FR.

You can enter one guide per class - but you cannot win more than one prize ie. If you win 1st place with an X class guide, you won't win second place with a Y class guide. This also applies to people who try to enter in several languages at once.

Optimal layout would be primarily text here in the forums - which you can compliment with imagery to break it up // spice it up -- but guides done with 100% images won't be accepted and links to external sites or videos will be frowned upon if they are used 'as part of the guide', rather than post-guide examples such as 'that was my guide - if you like, you can see it in action [here]' etc

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Mar 19th 2015, 10:01am)

Thursday, March 19th 2015, 12:23pm

don't forget to reward once again those who don't play or copy paste pretty much from previous contests with top 3 prices like people is used to :)

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 10:45am

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

NOTE: Players can only post one guide per class as part of the competition - and you may not use a guide previously submitted to Pimp My Build!

As the rule says, it's not allowed - and if we don't spot it (copy/pasting), you guys will!

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 4:06pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hi everyone,

Just passing through to say that we'll be improving the rewards and will clarify a lot of things about the event this weekend, so stay tuned for an update. Until then, thanks to everyone who has entered the event thus far!

-Mhul

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 8:14pm

IAmGroot

Professional

we'll be improving the rewards
...Maybe I will do one after all then...

Rate this thread