You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 7:58pm

Free to play or pay to play?

So I played this game once before for a very short time and decided to leave it at that for a while to give the game a chance to grow. I'm back now and very curious as to the difference between the free server and the paid server. I logged in and created a character on the free server but I noticed before I chose what server I wanted to play on that the paid server has a low population. Even the free server only had a normal population. Is this game dying? Does it risk becoming a monetary sinkhole if it hasn't already? Thanks for reading ^_^

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 8:08pm

If you are looking for a game with a massive population, like one similar to WoW, then this isn't the game for you. If you want to play a game with a great community and make lots of friends, then this is the game for you. I have played a number of other MMOs and other games but not a single games community has felt so close together like this game. :)

The population is low and growing on both servers. Free to play has a lot more than pay to play currently and the population for free to play is only "Normal" during EU gaming times. I see new people daily on both servers.

I do not believe this game is dying. TBH if people only knew how great of a game it was and at such a cheap price (subscription server) I think the server would be at capacity.

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 9:11pm

f2p server is more crowded then p2p server,

for me p2p server is always going to better then f2p

I myself just subbed yesterday for 3months and im glad I did joined the side that is less crowded we'll get the server more crowded all in time

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 10:03pm

f2p for me always is going to be more expensive then p2p, cash shops are really expensive

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 9:07am

Quinz

Intermediate

I'd say this game is a pay-to-win game. It's not necessary to pay for anything to be able to play the game, like it was at some points (e.g. when you lost dmg and healing bonus without incense, and it wasn't available to get incense from quest).

However, the word is "p2w", which means pay to WIN and is mainly related to PvP I guess, and I believe you will have to pay if you want to win in PvP or outdamage people in PvE. In PvP at max level you will encounter a lot of players with high leveled runes, Patronage level 5, high leveled trinkets, additional rubies, talents and stats, etc. All this is gained from Boutique for real money, however, much of it (or components for it) can be bought from other players in AH as well, but if you wanna walk that path you better prepare for infinite gold farming for hours a day.

Yes, I know there are hardcore players out there who might be able to get all these items only for gold, in a slow phase. Everyone doesn't have that much time however, if you have a job and a life outside the virtual world you won't be able to spend time on anything else in the game if you spend hours on gold farming every day.

The good thing with playing on the free-to-play server tho is that once you've bought all the neccessary things, you won't HAVE to spend anymore money on the game, at least not until a new item that gives you advantages in PvP is released. Prepare to spend a lot of money if you're a new player though.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Rate this thread