You are not logged in.

Friday, March 20th 2015, 3:59pm

[PMB]Priest changes in 6.0 with builds by Tauau

Hi! I am Tauau, member of Sons Of Sigma guild on the empire side. I play priest class since open beta in both full-heal and damage dealing role. As you can see in the title I call our class priest and not ’healer’. Reason to that its the original name for the class in the Russian version and our class can fill a dps role(in some cases better than full-healing as well). In this thread I would like to talk about changes to our class in patch 6.0 as well share ideas/builds/which rubies why I’ve taken.

What I like about Priest class is that it has many possibilities icluding its support role,Full healer and Dps role that can be either ranged or melee or even a hybrid type doing both healing and support dmg. These 3-4 playstyles what makes our class so interesting and fun in my opinion(Vial of Death is very useful or at least 2nd talent tree from greatness is a must there)

Changes to our Talent/Ruby grid and new rubies:

New talents:

Dazzling is our blind skill, got changed, it now has and increased cooldown of 1 minute, mana cost also increased and it has a cast time and duration depeding on rank, except third rank(gives instant cast)What improved about this skill is that it will only allow the use of martyr spells now, no healing spells allowed and not even bubble can break it.-I feel like only 3rd rank of the ability is useful enough, because when control effect is needed we need it fast, cast time kills the skill imo.

Reproach is our silence skill, from rubies was moved to the talents, it also wont allow the use of weapon skills now, a first rank of the ability is a must have in most builds, second rank only gives 10 seconds cd less what is 50 seconds(can be reduced with rubies just too hard to take those)

New rubies:

Starting with the best rubies here, the Thunderer. When using Heavenly smite we gain stacks of fanaticism depeding on the rank of ruby, 1 fanaticism for each ruby taken and this same ruby will increase crit chance of Heavenly Smite(our biggest hitting skill) by 5/10/15%. – In my opinion a third rank of these rubies is a must have. What makes them so good is that it gives fanaticism GUARANTEED, unlike the fanaticism generation in each aspect that is random % chance.
These rubies improved our healing since in the new astral we need lot more instant cast spells because of movement and in pvp too, instant cast heals are our main spells.

Power of the Pure rubies were improved, now not only gives 9% extra dmg and heal for holy spells, but also giving control immunity and incoming damage reduction while casting Circle of Healing(-30% on third rank). Sadly psionicists can break this anticontrol effect.

Heresy Figther rubies ont he melee tree are also new, increasing dmg of our physical attacks if we put cleansing flame o the target, 39% at rank 3. A must have for Melee Healers.

Paralysis ruby: new long term control effect, for astral or pvp, sadly 3 more rubies Divine Punishment need to be taken so that the control effect will not break from hits(above 90% hp). Divine Punishment rubies will also reduce cooldown of Exorcism and Reproach. – These rubies are too hard to take imo, a lot of new rubies were added for each spec and we simply cannot afford 4 rubies here, but 1 ruby can be useful for Paralysis.

Veracity rubies were also changed, now additionally our particle of light or chain of light will immobilize the target for 3 seconds on rank 3 – These are melee healer rubies for pvp mostly, these will allow us to kite or catch up to the opponent.

Last ruby is Celestial Light: a new healing spell that can be used in any aspect. It is a 6 second heal over time spell and can only be used on 1 target at a time then goes on cooldown(also 6 seconds), we will also receive 50% of its healing dealt.These rubies are a must have both PVP and PVE spec for full healer. Useful in DPS-PVP specs too.One of the reasons we received this new skill is the changes to astral, now theres a lot of movement needed and often cant just stand and spam Devoted Plea on the tank(so in a way it replaces it but not completely) but also need to move out or even into circles/move close or away from each other – there Celestial Light is nice kept running on tank with Perpetual Healing.

This post has been edited 11 times, last edit by "Tauau" (Mar 29th 2015, 10:09pm)

Friday, March 20th 2015, 4:00pm

Master of Aspects

Depeding on our role we will take r1/r2/r3 Master of Aspects on the talent tree.The activated Aspect buff will determine our role and how we generate our fanaticism stacks (fanaticism is being used for instant cast heal or damaging spells).

Caster healer(ranged dps)

The first rank is Aspect of Light, needed for a caster healer(ranged dps).As a caster healer we will use a shield since we loose no dps,(except if we run out of mana, mana pots will be needed there a lot) but gain survivability, magical dmg we do only and that comes from wand.Chosing caster healer for second spec is also good for practical reasons: you share gear with full-heal spec so you wont need to upgrade a 2 handed weapon unlike if you spec melee and Nobility Relics are also used by both caster and fullhealer.Most importantly being ranged as dps is only a good thing: you can avoid bosses melee hits in astral or you can get in a big enough range in pvp where fewer opponents can reach you.

Basics for ranged dps:
Aspect of Light will increase damage of light we do by 10%(this is not shown in our version).
Most importantly it gives casting interruption immunity and the chance to generate fanaticism by using Holy Blast/Celestial blast spammable skills on the target.The gained fanaticism effect will be used on single target holy damage skill(Particle of Light) or on up to 5 target aoe skill(Chain of Light)but also can be used for Holy Healing spell(1min cooldown in this aspect).
Now that Thunderer rubies give fanaticism our DPS has improved. Combined with Blessed Resolution rubies we can reduce cooldown of Heavenly Smite with each Celestial/Holy Blast cast and further gain fanaticism this way since Heavenly Smite is being used more frequently.

Few builds:

Caster PVE DPS:

Simple built, for astral and PVE raids.Rubies for increased dmg on mana users can be taken but i didnt feel to drop Vitality rubies.
As for DPS rotation I dont think a lot of explanation needed except now with 6.0 we can use Heavenly Smite to gain more fanaticism for PoL/CoL.

For stats:
Keep proficiency same as brutality unless the boss is only hard under 50%, then brutality should be used more.If the whole raid/party takes dmg in the whole fight then determination should be used, this is above an average of 65% determination level to be worth it.Our determination rubies will be useful most of the fights.

For defensive stats:-Willpower not used ,it takes too many points to be effective too
-Tenacity around 15 and above for current sectors to prevent or delay wound complexity and not put more pressure on healers, stat will be
useless in PVE raids like Eclipse and Ferris.
-Bloodlust can be useful too, especially in PVE raid where we dont need the stats above so we can get this stat as side stat easily
-Vitality should be highest, will allow us to take bigger hits without dieing from 1-2

Raid PVP DPS:

Explanations: Particle of Light rubies i didnt take since can aoe most of the time, Chain of Light can even get more focused dmg on main target if theres one other target near enough(chain will hit main target more than once).Particle of Light in some cases even worse since it takes time to reach target and thats not a good thing when you want to catch someone with low hp, they might get healed in that time.I still took Particle of Light for slow effect and for picking a single target.Blaze of Faith rubies I also skipped there, cleasing flame will consume too much mana to put on many targets.Later as we upgrade weapon we can take those rubies maybe for more focused damage.
Range rubies of course are taken, this will actually allow so long distance to dps from it helps survival since less classes will reach you from 55 yards.Burst will happen mostly aoe, precast Heavenly Smite to deliver dmg as fast as possible, as much as possible. Smite will be best to use after releasing 3 Chains of Light then after its use we receive 3 more Fanaticism to Chain of Light the knocked down targets(they get kd from Smite).
This is a built I use in aod, since its start of the season I had to take the mana rubies at least until we get new weapons(no mana, need retreat=less effectiveness)

For stats:
Proficiency I like to keep above brutality as targets are being healed.Determination can be a good one, but since we take range rubies we should be far to avoid damage(but if you know you will need to get close in the fights anyway then this stat better than the rest since we take more dmg)

For defensive stats: -40 Willpower and above
-Bloodlust can be useful if we are running Aura of Potency and we do a lot of AoE what should get us healed a bit
-Tenacity will depend on the opponents, will need it higher if we are facing a bigger guild with Anger rubies taken in dominion raid(can be above 20)
-Vitality higher to not get 1 shotted

This post has been edited 17 times, last edit by "Tauau" (Mar 25th 2015, 3:09pm) with the following reason: Edited with stats

Friday, March 20th 2015, 4:02pm

Full healer(Aspect of Mercy)

Second rank of Master of Aspects is our support healing mode, Aspect of Mercy, giving heal bonuses like removing cooldown from Holy Healing and Perpetual Healing, removes the cast time from Divine Prayer and each time someone in your group takes direct dmg you have a chance of getting fanaticism.You will also be able to use Entreaty.
In 6.0 Celestial Light(healing for every 2 seconds for 6 seconds and you receive 50% of its healing done) and Thunderer rubies are there to give us 3Holy Healing instant casts.

Builds:

PVE Fullheal

Brilliant faith i skipped there, while its aoe its only a smaller heal, not focused and there are better rubies to take.Willpower rubies also skipped since willpower is not that important in PVE and it also takes a lot more than 8 willpower for the stat to be effective and worth investigate in.I also took our new long term cc skill Paralysis, rubies that prevent its breaking i found too many to spend.
Note: Dazzling can be useful there.

Stats:I like to keep Proficiency and Brutality around the same or go for more Brutality(especially when solo healing tank with wound complexity, there sometimes doesn't matter how much we spam heals, the tank's hp will go down anyway under 50% where brutality is the most effective).Determination will be 9 from our rubies in most cases.

For defensive:Ignore Bloodlust, other stats will be more important and the stat isnt effective when using healing spells(only good for side stat from special glyphs in PVE RAIDS).Willpower will be useless too.
-Around 20 Tenacity and above
-Vitalityshould be highest by far

PVP Fullheal:

Inevitable Punishment rubies are taken there, with the new Smite crit rubies its nice getting some bigger crits in pvp for support dmg, the same rubies will also prevent Heavenly Smite's interruption what is useful in pvp and needed so when can get those instant cast Holy Healings easier, Chain of Light dmg also increased by this ruby, Chain of Light being taken rank 2 for cases we can afford to use extra fanaticism to help kill or solo kill opponents.

Stats:Difference compared to PVE stats is that we can use Determination a bit to boost our heals when receiving dmg.Downside of the stat of course we do less heal when taking no dmg but it will boost our survival.I would say the amount will depend on your runes and gear, as you can afford this stat higher without losing too much support heal on others, but of course if you know you will be focused more then put more points there.9 from rubies and 10 from stat points will be safe.

For defensive: 0 bloodlust, 50+ Willpower, 15-30 Tenacity and the rest into Vitality

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Tauau" (Mar 25th 2015, 3:39pm) with the following reason: Edited with stats

Friday, March 20th 2015, 5:04pm

Aspect of rage (Melee healer)

Melee healer is a close combat class using weapon attacks that were buffed with the current patch(Heresy Fighter rubies)though physical attacks are not the biggest part of our dmg, maybe like half.This spec should give more DPS than Caster healer except its lacking the survivability to be a melee class.In astral there will be times when you cant just stand at boss dpsing it so when running a bit back from boss you will be losing dps.Sadly patch gives nothing to reduce incoming damage in this spec and there are no rubies to compensate the use of 2 handed weapon(mace or spear, i prefer mace for bigger hits in pvp).Aspect of rage will also increase your anger by 15.

DPS rotation will start will precast Smite and then putting Cleansing Flame on the target for increased physical and holy dmg.
Starting with Anathema that hopefully generates a fanaticism effect, thats being followed by Holy Rage(our bigger hitting melee attack, somewhat special thing about is the 30% crit rubies we take with. 11 seconds cooldown with 2 handed mace).
If we have received fanaticism in the progress we can use it for Particle of Light on a single target or Chain of Light on more targets.Upon PoL/CoL use we reduce cooldown of Holy Rage thanks to Devout Servant rubies(4 seconds by at maxed 2nd rank of rubies).
Heavenly Smite will also give 3 fanaticism what means not just more Particles and Chains of Light but also more Holy Rages.

Builds:

Melee PVE DPS

For stats:
Keep proficiency same as brutality unless the boss is only hard under 50%, then brutality should be used more.If the whole raid/party takes dmg in the whole fight then determination should be used, this is above an average of 65% determination level to be worth it.Our determination rubies will be useful most of the fights.

For defensive stats:
-Willpower not used ,it takes too many points to be effective too
-Tenacity around 15 and above for current sectors to prevent or delay wound complexity and not put more pressure on healers, stat will be useless in PVE raids like Eclipse and Ferris.
-Bloodlust can be useful too, especially in PVE raid where we dont need the stats above so we can get this stat as side stat easily
-Vitality should be highest, will allow us to take bigger hits without dieing from 1-2

Melee PVP

Here I decided to drop Power of Faith rubies since targets will run away anyway and we dont need that -20% cooldown time on Anathema, we will also get cced between 2 Anathemas in pvp as well our rotation will allow to use other spell between those 2 hits(Holy Rage/PoL/CoL) or for example: Celestial Light taken we can also cast this heal between the 2 Anathemas since the casting animation takes some time anyway.
We can use precast Smite hit followed by a Holy Rage then 2 PoL/CoLs and get our second Holy Rage hit, this way we can deliver more damage in a shorter time(Providence will further increase this burst).

For stats:
Determination will be a useful one here, boosting our self heals and get a nice timing with Heavenly Smite and other bursts there.We will definitely take a lot of dmg in PVP since we go in melee range and and we are an easier to take down target in this spec.

For defensive stats:
-Willpower 40+
-Tenacity around 15
-Bloodlust:personally I dont like, in this built we did take heals anyway and we need Vitality instead badly
-Vitality should be highest

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Tauau" (Mar 28th 2015, 3:44am)

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 2:10pm

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 2:58pm

Thank you!

Also constructive criticism is welcome! :)
Share your ruby choices and preferences here as we did get a lot of new rubies, sadly we cannot take them all :D

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 2:33am

Hi!

Great guide and nice builds :)

Curious questions though:
1. why only r2 anathema in your pvp build? shouldn't it be r3 for optimal dps since it is used often?
2. divine prayer, is this insta cast on melee aspect?

Also, stats desirable for each build would be great! :)

-cheers!
60 Healer
60 Warden

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bakokangsalangit" (Mar 25th 2015, 2:47am)

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 8:23am

Taoparagon

Beginner

This is exactly what i needed when coming back.
Thanks Tauau.
Also, as previous comment stated, stats would make it perfect.
Perhaps a small explanation regarding each stat too (even thou it might feel redundant).

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 8:37am

Nandita

Intermediate

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 2:30pm

1. why only r2 anathema in your pvp build? shouldn't it be r3 for optimal dps since it is used often?
2. divine prayer, is this insta cast on melee aspect?

Hi!

-Theres only a minimal difference in dmg and heal on a lot of skills 2nd and 3rd rank so I did keep in mind cooldown bonuses there :p.The build does not include legend talent scroll and focusing on self heals a lot with Celestial Light taken.I feel like we do need a lot of heals there since we take a lot of dmg.And even with heals to be honest Melee Healer is not too viable for serious pvp since with 2 handed weapon we can get 1-2 shotted in the current patch easily.This build is expected to work much better in patch 6.0.1 when less classes will be able to 1-2 shot players(part of big hits being transferred into dots, so celestial light should let us heal them a bit).

-Divine prayer has a cast time sadly, but can be used with bubble or casted when we cc the opponent. I also find it useful after leaving a fight, dots running on us so instead of dieing from them we can heal up with if we stuck in combat.In witchs hollow for example we can even hide behind a pillar until we cast it :D

Edited with stats!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tauau" (Mar 25th 2015, 4:03pm)

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 5:36pm

nice guide! been using it a lot since I class changed.

Monday, May 23rd 2016, 4:43pm

Hey bro, don't you wanna share with us your new builds? :p