You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 2:33pm

aina92pl

Trainee

• "aina92pl" started this thread

[PMB]Arianwen's Guide To Being A Happy Little Summoner

The Intro

Hello, everyone! My name is Arianwen, I am in Monsters Inc. Guild and playing as a Xadaganian Defiler for few good patches now.
The idea of summoning and controlling the Dead is somewhat appealing to me :D
I like playing this class because of its versatility (cliché alert :whistling: ), the PvP is extremely fun, I love participating in Battlegrounds and in the Weekly Group Dominion Fights along with my party.

A Summoner In The Previous Patch

The last patch, 5.2 “Forgotten Legends”, came with a lot of changes to the Summoner. There were major changes that changed the way you play a Summoner. Let me name an essential one:

Phlebotomy

A skill that deals periodic damage to the Summoner and every 3 seconds it gave 1/2/3 drops of Blood. When you start playing the Summoner, you will notice that Blood is what you use in order to heal or do damage.
The Skill effectively worked with Determination stats, as the damage that hit the summoner would increase the determination bar with each tick. This allowed Summoners to perform extremely good, managing to heal PvE content like no other healer and surviving with ease in PvP as long as the stacks on Phlebotomy weren’t overwhelming ( no more than 10-13 should’ve been ideal).

It also introduced a new Racial Skill, far better than the ones we had before.

Dust to Dust is a skill that re-directs 50% of incoming damage to your pet. Now this is a tricky situation because too much damage can just kill your pet without having any time to heal it. To use this skill at its full potential, one must always have a HoT`( Heal over Time) on it’s minion. Don’t go all crazy into a group of mobs or players though, the skill and your own heals can’t save you for long! :love:

Better be lucky than good ~

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "aina92pl" (Mar 21st 2015, 5:36pm)

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 2:34pm

aina92pl

Trainee

Changes in 6.0 “Broken Chains”

• Rubies’ disposition has changed.
• New ruby set: Stormy Reaction. The Acid Bolt spell with a 16/33/50% chance applies one additional Acid Bolt to the target, which inflicts 50% damage of the regular Bolt and does not generate threat.
• New ruby set: Impenetrable Darkness. When your health level drops below 60%, you receive 4/7/10 stacks of the Impenetrable Darkness effect, which reduces all incoming damage by 3% per each stack of the effect. Direct damage removes 1 stack.
• New ruby set: Blood Ties. When applied to an enemy, inflicts damage to 5 targets subsequently. When applied to an ally, heals 5 targets subsequently. The efficiency increases by 20% with each new target.
• Phlebotomy now restores blood drops each 4 seconds. When applied to a Summoner, its damage and periodicity of damage infliction are reduced.

The new patch brings three new sets of rubies to the Summoner, along with a different placement in all ruby grids.

Stormy Reaction

These rubies are for a PvE situation such as astral or raids if you prefer to attack with good ol’ Acid Build. Personally, I prefer the Vampirism DPS Build over this one and as such, I have yet to test these rubies to see their effectiveness.

Impenetrable Darkness

Tested them in PvE content and as far as I noticed, they didn’t help much when getting hit in Astral or Raids. Best use for them is in PvP, battlegrounds, dominion, raid dominion, you name it.
It’s a very effective anti-one shot, as I would call it, since 30% reduced damage does save you from a lot of big hits coming from classes like scouts or paladins. It’s a life saver and a must in PvP!

Blood Ties

Very good rubies to have in both PvE and PvP, no matter of your choice in healing your party or attacking mobs or other players. `
When healing in astral or raids, use blood ties with caution, it uses 6 drops of blood. Also, if the Tank is the one who needs most heals, make sure someone is around them to reflect the heals back and forth to the Tank. After all, the efficiency increases by 20% with each new target.

Phlebotomy is now changed. Although on paper, it doesn’t seem like much of a difference – restores drops of Blood every 4 seconds instead of 3 seconds – it is noticeable on the Battlegrounds and even in Astral or Raids. This called for a re-adjustment in my personal Blood Management. (Sounds weird, but summies can relate to I guess :love: )

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "aina92pl" (Mar 21st 2015, 7:44pm)

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 2:58pm

aina92pl

Trainee

The Builds
I believe that the Summoner is that type of class that can be adjusted for each and every player. There are few necessary Talents and Rubies that need to be taken in each situation, but sometimes, it all comes down to preferences.
In a Heal/Support Build, do you have every healing related talent point and ruby? Why not take some extra defence measurement? Less mana consumption? Or maybe help with increasing DoT damage, the choice is all yours.

This is an example of a healing PvE Build using 72 Talent Points and 62 Rubies.

You can change this the way you seem fit in your situation and adjust it according to the number of Talent Points and Rubies you own.
• Your party has enough CCs (Crowd Control)? Then don’t take Debilitating Plague Ruby (located in the Poisons Talent Grid)
• I consider that my mana is not enough, especially in long fights such as Raid Bosses, so I always take Desecration Rubies (located in the Acid Talent Grid).
• My Lurker Pet rarely dies in Astral, but sometimes it happens and I always have the Summoning Mastery rubies handy (located in the Acid Talent Grid). If you think you will take good care of your minion and since most of the times it is not affected by a wide range of AoE attacks from Raid or Astral Bosses, feel free to skip them.
• Do not skip Shadowy Reach rubies (located in the Acid Talent Grid) as they are essential in a Healer’s Kit – it helps you dispel any kind of negative magic effect.

This is an example of a DPS Build in PvP, using 72 Talent Points and 62 Rubies.

Now it can be changed according to one’s needs, just ask yourself what you need more.
More mana, more DPS, feeling like Heals aren’t enough? Adjust accordingly. It is important to maximize a certain ability of the Summoner.
You can’t have every Ruby unfortunately.
Finally, it’s best not to do things half assed like taking 2/3 rubies there, 1/3 rubies over here and 2/3 rubies over there. This is NOT a good thing to practice if you want good results.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "aina92pl" (Mar 21st 2015, 6:14pm)

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 5:20pm

aina92pl

Trainee

The Play Style
It’s important to know that ever since 5.0, no class can tank a whole Raid anymore. There are no more immortal healers or classes that can withstand great deals of damage. The defences are lowered and players need to adapt.

In Skirmishes

Be sneaky, use the environment to your advantage, hide behind objects and most of all, be quick. Use your DoTs and your AoE skills ( Volatile Infection and Blood Ties), never underestimate your enemy so don’t let your life drop after 50%. The incoming damage might be fatal.
Make sure to arrange your hotkeys appropriately, keep your main Damage and Heals as close as possible and use them wisely. Don’t spam DoTs or you will run out of mana faster than ever.

In Astral

If you are the main Healer, keep a HoT on the Tank. At boss fights or new zones or allods, never underestimate the AoE damage that is possible or the mechanics of each mob.
Try to keep your party full health at all times. Don’t forget about your own health, it happens to all of us.
If you are Damage/ Support, aid the healer when things go really bad, don’t expect to be helped all the time. Be aware of your surroundings, don’t mindlessly DPS.
Most of the Astral Debuffs in the “Broken Chains” patch require movement. Best quote in this case: “Dead DPS is NO DPS”

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "aina92pl" (Mar 21st 2015, 7:00pm)

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 5:21pm

aina92pl

Trainee

The End

This is just a short guide to this patch's Summoner. Remember, best way to learn it is to practice it over and over again. You'll discover your own tricks and possibly new tips to share on with others. Leave any comments or critics or whatever you feel like :love: If you have any problem, personal or not, feel free to message me here or in-game. :thumbup:

Enjoy Summoner and enjoy Allods Online! :thumbsup:

Thanks for reading,
Arianwen

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "aina92pl" (Mar 21st 2015, 7:16pm)

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 8:07pm

Penance

Beginner

Arriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii best summoner in minc!!!

i love your build :*

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 8:12pm

ImaMania

Trainee

Quoted

It’s important to know that ever since 5.0, no class can tank a whole Raid anymore. There are no more immortal healers or classes that can withstand great deals of damage. The defences are lowered and players need to adapt.
sad but true :(

only the best players can speak the truth soo openly

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 8:41pm

realy so exellent guild :)
good luck arianwen
الإسم :صخر
إمبراطوري وكلي فخر

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 1:16pm

Sweet guide! Simple and straight to the point :) :love:
Athenna - Ascendancy

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 1:34pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

I miss my summy from time to time ^^
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 1:47pm

Songs

Beginner

One of the best summys i know, GL ari <33!! :thumbsup:

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 2:24pm

Yuna

Trainee

Next saturday i go Summoner, fu :(

Best of luck, love <3 :love:
Yuna
Monsters Inc.
:love:

Sunday, March 22nd 2015, 9:28pm

Best of luck Ari!
I still remember summy even tho I sucked at it haha!

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 3:25pm

Mapz

Trainee

Nice entry, good luck noobcake <3