You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 7:42pm

IAmGroot

Professional

• "IAmGroot" started this thread

[PMB] Groot's School of Psi

Hey.
A lot of you know me as IAmGroot, some of you older players just returning may know me as HClftw.
I am a member of the guild Disturbed. Disturbed may possibly be the oldest surviving guild. I can not verify that, but it has been around since beta.
I like to change classes all the time because I get really bored with any one fairly quickly.
Psi has caught my attention at being one of the most incredibly exciting and diverse classes.
Why did it catch my attention?
The class has been really...really mediocre at DPS but always has been strong in PvP. I LOVE to pvp, but don't have time to do it so much. I heard that they were giving the class a huge damage increase in 6.0 and man...they were right. This class can kick some major tooshi!!! With roughly a ~15% damage increase from the newest 6.0 patch, Psi is no class to be hiding in the shadows of the DPS meters now. Go out there and do you best, who knows, maybe you'll be on top!
I, personally, do not have a lot of time to do PvP as I am newly married, a new home owner, and work full time. I try my best at PvP but I have never really been the best at it. I do understand Pvp and have read and understand all the rubies, but, I do not think it is best to take PvP advice when it comes to Psis from me. That sounds really bad and that I am dissing myself, but I do not view it that way. I just feel that there are other Psis that are better in PvP than me and you should learn from the masters, rather than the apprentice. I am still learning and will continue learning and maybe some day I will be able to get some real quality time to PvP and update the guide with a PvP section. But for now, this will remain a PvE guide.

In post 1 I will discuss skills/talents/stats.
In post 2 I will discuss PvE.
In post 3 I will discuss some miscellaneous stuff.

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Apr 17th 2015, 8:14pm)

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 7:42pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Skills (Talents):

The first skill you need to know is Psychic Shock. It looks like this:
It goes pew pew and does damage. But forget about this one because there is an upgraded version you'll be using.

The second is Mental Link. It looks like this .
This skill goes *bzzzzzzt!* when you cast it on an enemy target. What it's actually doing in reality, other than sounding cool is it allows you to mentally understand that enemy. After linking with it, you have become one and will know it's inner most deep thoughts. You know what it fears and you can then utilize that fear to destroy it. It allows you to cast certain spells which is quite nice. Oh...right, and this is a necessity to cast on every enemy you're attacking because it increases your damage by 20%. That's a lot of increased damage.

Next is Pain Transfer. It looks like this .
This is a casting spell that does damage. Again, forget about this crap because there is an upgraded spell that you'll be using later.

Next is Concentration. It looks like this .
This spell is pretty sweet. It makes you focus really hard and become so concentrated that you are capable of casting the most incredible spells to destroy your enemies with. This spell gives you 2 stacks of the Concentration effect that allow you to cast Pain Transfer/Destabilization/Choke/Hypnosis/Astral Breath. You will need to be a very concentrated individual to properly understand and utilize the Psionicist correctly.

Next is Ectoplasmatic Form. It looks like this .
This is another one of those skills that you ignore because there is a better, upgraded version later.

Next is Hypnosis. Oh man...*yaaaaaaaaaawn* are you feeling this? It's so...sleepy...just gunna have a nap real fast.
zzz...
zzzzz...
zzz...
Whoa! What happened? Oh right, Hypnosis! This spell looks like this .
This spell will kick your butt real quick if you're not paying attention. You'll be in a deeper sleep than a bear in hibernation. This is a CC (crowd control or permanent CC) skill. It allows you to *the RonCo crew comes rolling in* SET IT AND FORGET IT! Nah, seriously though...this spell is why people love psis. They have a CC that is invaluable in astral groups. The less mobs you have to deal with at one time, the better chance you have of succeeding. In order to cast this spell you need to *bzzzzzzt!* link yourself up with that mob first. You can actually cast this on 2 different targets at once if you use another spell too, but that is later and I can't tell you secrets now so SHH!!!!!!

Next is Mental Pulse. It looks like this .
It goes *PING!* when you use it. It's pretty damn sweet. This is a really handy and nifty spell. Basically what happens is when you click your little spell button it makes this awesome noise *PING!* and all the mobs around you (that are not CC immune) will go flying backwards and receive a small stun.

Next is Choke. It looks like this .
This spell is quite nice for damage. It also slows the targeted mob which can be quite beneficial in certain situations.

Next is Mental Cleansing. It looks like this .
This spell is an awesome defensive skill. It heals you for a reasonable amount and then heals you some more over a period of time. It also has the ability to remove some nasty debuffs from you like poisons and other crap like that.

Next is Telekentic Pull. It looks like this .
"Whoa man, like I was just standing over there and now I'm here." This is what your enemies are going to be saying after they have seen the wrath of your TK pull. TK pull basically is a targeted spell (you target the ground and then click) that gathers all mobs inside the targeted area and moves them directly to the center of the circle. It also stuns them for a short period of time.

Next is Wall of Blades. It looks like this .
Wall of blades is a VERY LONG castable spell. It takes 5 seconds to cast this bad boy so you ALWAYS want to have it precasted before going into a fight. It goes onto 1 target and then damages all targets (including the targeted mob) that are in a close proximity to that target in short pulsing ticks.

Next is Temporal Acceleration. It looks like this .
This skill is like being Speedy Gonzales on speed. It makes you go flying across the map like......ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. then again to the other side of the map.... ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. It's pretty incredible. Your movement speed increases. You cast speeds decrease so you can cast more spells, faster. It's awesome. Vroom Vroom!

Next is Will Suppression. It looks like this .
I don't use this spell very often unless I have to double CC. Basically what it does is it stuns the target and also allows you to ... whoa get this ... LINK with the target! So this means you can also use hypnosis on this target too. You can read 2 mobs mind's at once! Be careful, with great power comes great douche baggery though. Some people, when they get to be so powerful they become jerks. Don't let that be you.

Next is Astral Venom. It looks like this .
Remember this picture from before? Did you say yes? Well haha idiot, you're wrong because this is not the same picture but a very similar one. It is the upgraded version of a spell I was telling you about earlier! Astral Venom is the upgraded version of Psychic Shock. Psychic Shock is your spam skill that deals damage. You will be using this as often as possible because it grants the Concentration affect. This allows you to cast certain spells, without it, you cannot. You need dis.

Next is Astral Body. It looks like this .
I bet you think you saw this picture too from earlier. Nope....it's just Chuck Testa. Nah, it's not Chuck Testa, it's actually Ectoplasmatic Form's older and stronger brother. He will protect you even from the most evil of all evils. This spell is one of the single reasons why Psis are incredibly good. This spell absorbs damage from enemies that are attacking you. Make sure to never cast this spell when your health points are at 100% or it is significantly less effective. Even if you are missing 1% HP and are sitting at 99% hp, it almost increases the amount the shield absorbs by 200%.

Next is Destabilization. It looks like this .
Bahahahaha I tricked you again, didn't I? This is not the same picture as earlier you Silly Sally. This is the upgraded version of Pain Transfer. You press the button, it takes a 0.5 seconds to cast it and then BLAMO! Damage. And a good amount of it too. This spell does lots of damage and should be used as often as possible. Destabilization requires the Concentration buff to be on you or you cannot use it. So make sure to Concentrate, beotch!

Next is Astral Breath. It looks like this .
Astral Breath is basically the same thing as Choke except it hits every single target that is around you. It also slows them too, which is super nice. You can look like a giant octopus if there was 8 mobs around you. Ever think of that? I doubt it, but now you will.

And lastly is Thoughtful Spirit. It looks like this .
Thoughtful Spirit is balls. Balls. Balls. Balls!!!!! These balls will EFFFF you up brah. So be careful of the power of the balls. As soon as you get rank 1 of this skill you will have the powerful balls slowly circling around your body. There will be balls around you, lots and lots of balls. As soon as you use 1 ball, you will not have another new ball until 20 seconds are up. You can have a maximum of 5 balls around you at one time. That's like...only 2.5 guys. Nothing like Paris Hilton, I bet she has at least 20 balls at all times.

That is it for skill descriptions, if you need more info.....well, you can actually read the description, but reading descriptions that are boring....is pretty boring. So read mine.

So I would like to talk about stats really quickly. Stats are incredibly important and need to be in the right ratios or you will be doing very mediocre DPS. I make sure to keep my Proficiency and Brutality as high as possible and as equal as possible. I normally am running about 66 Proficiency and 66 Brutality. The remaining "extra" stats that you are forced to get by the new crappy glyph system is going to be Determination and 0 anger. You want as little Determination as possible, but you'll always end up with some. You want to ALWAYS run a Luck elixir to maximize DPS. Psis have to many different critical strike change rubies that if you're running a luck elixir, you will be critting about 55% or more of the time. Critical Strikes...kinda kick ass and so will your DPS if you're using a luck elixir.
So anyways, basic offensive stats as of my current stats which are a tiny bit inflated because I am still wearing a lot of gear from last patch.
Proficiency: 66
Brutality: 66
Determination: 18
Anger: 0

Defensive stats matter a lot less to a PvE psi like you and me than offensive stats do.
You are definitely going to want a little bit of everything.
I run:
Vitality: 75
Bloodlust: 21
Tenacity: 10
Willpower: 35 (my willpower is only this high because of PvP so you can definitely substitute some of that WP for Vitality to get more HP)

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Apr 16th 2015, 6:38pm)

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 7:43pm

IAmGroot

Professional

PvE

Rubies:

Psychic Shock Grid:

Unending Knowledge:
These rubies increase your vigor by 9%. They also help out in astral and stuff because it makes your hypnosis not-so-easy to break. What does that mean? It means that when you have a target "hypno'd" if someone accidentally hits it, it won't break (unless they're capable of doing an 11% hit on the mob) until the mob is under 90% hp. Ya kinda need these ones nerds.

Irrational Fear:
These rubies make you do double damage. It's sick. You cast it on a mob and everyone that is attacking the mob does 100% increased damage to it until the mob has lost a total of 10% of it's total HP. This means that you basically get a "free 5%" hp knock off on the mob. This can save parties and raids so many times it's Unrealzz.

Shocking Strike:
These rubies are an absolute necessity because they apply to your spam skill. They increase the damage done by Psychic Shock (screw that noob skill) and Astral Venom by 12%. A must have.

Shattered Nerves:
These rubies are quite useful and provide a very nice dps (damage per second) boost. Every time you use your spam skill, Astral Venom, it applies a stack to the mob you are attacking. To "use" this stack, you must cast Destabilization and it "pops" the buff and does extra damage to it.

Aura of Astral Power III:
These rubies provide you with a party buff. This "party buff" applies to everyone inside your 6 person party. Aura of Astral Power (known as Aura of Potency) makes everyone in your party do 15% increased magical damage. Unfortunately, this buff also makes your healing casted 50% less effective. But that's okay, 15% damage is bomb digity.

Tenacious Mind:
These rubies increase the damage of Choke by 15% and also increase it's range by 15 yards. Pretty fantastical if you ask me.

Step over Madness:
These rubies increase your astral damage by 9%. 9% is a heck of a lot considering almost EVERY spell you have is astral damage.

Mental Crisis:
These rubies increase the damage of Mental Explosion and Erase Memory by 15%. Erase Memory is such a high DPS spell, these rubies are an absolute MUST! When a mob is below 30% hp, Erase Memory does double damage. This allows you to take down a mob quickly if the party is in trouble. In order for you to be able to cast Erase Memory you MUST be linked with the target. In order to cast Mental Explosion you must have Will Suppression on the target and it must be knocked down.

Egoism:
This ruby is actually a "filler ruby" however, it is one of the best possible filler rubies available. It increases the heal you receive from Mental Cleansing (your 1 and only healing ability). It also makes your Ectoplasmatic Form absorb an additional 10% hp. So it is a defensive ruby, which is not really what you're looking for as a pure PvE DPS class, but as far as filler rubies go...you can't beat this one.

Sharp Incursion:
This ruby makes it so when you cast Will Suppression it also immobilizes the target for 2 seconds. This is almost a necessity when in high level astral because in order to get out "Double CC" or "Double Hypno" you need those 2 seconds of stun to make sure nothing happens to a dps or healer before your tank can take care of the situation.

Mental Link grid:

Master Augur:
These rubies increase your luck by 9. That's basically a free elixir. You better be damn excited about a constant free elixir.

Tranquillity (Yeah, I'm sure they have no idea it's spelled wrong, but it is...):
These rubies decrease the cooldown of your Concentration spell by 33.3%. That's one third for you non-mathematician people out there. As I told you earlier, Concentration is what is needed for a lot of other spells you cast and therefore anything that can help boost the amount of Concentration stacks you acquire is a necessity.

Extrasensory Gift:
These 2 rubies will decrease the cast time of your Mental Link spell. It is necessary that you get these rubies because every time a mob dies, you're going to want to relink to your next target to make sure you are getting that extra 20% damage that it gives you. If you are sitting there casting a long Mental Link...you're not doing any damage and...isn't that your job as a DPS class? You know...do some damage dummy.

Tricky Mind:
This is a filler ruby. Pay little attention to it. However, just so you know what it does... When a target has Will Suppression active on it, you have a 33% chance to ignore it's willpower if it's active and use another CC. It's kinda nice I guess, but considering it's only active while Will Suppression is on...you probably won't notice this much...if ever. This also reduces damage done to targets until the Will Suppression effect by 30%. So this can be a bad ruby if you are not properly paying attention.

Outsmarted:
Every time you use choke, each tick, will create a stack of Outsmarted on the target. When you use Astral Venom on it the next time, it will deal damage equal to the amount of stacks the mob has on it.

Anger Management:
These 2 rubies are fantastic. They increase the critical strike chance by 10%. Oh...you thought it was just a straight up 10% increase? No. This increases the CURRENT critical strike chance of Choke, Mental Explosion, Mental Pulse, and Erase Memory by 10%. Even though it's not a straight 10% increase, it's still very nice to have.

Lord of the Flies Fear:
Filler. Needs no explanation because we don't have the skill that it benefits.

Chronokinesis:
These rubies decrease the cooldown of your Temporal Acceleration by 30%. Temporal Acceleration is an amazing skill that you will want to use often.

Misanthropy Grid:

Analyst:
Lol, you hear that? I said anal. Ha...ha... Anyways, Analyst is a necessary ruby because it increases your proficiency by 9. This is one of your primary stats and 9 stats is a very large amount.

Exodus:
This skill goes like...whoa man...that's a long cast time. Yeah, you're not wrong, it's a long cast time but. After all that it goes *ffffwwwwwwump!* and teleports your entire party to a safe location. This is very useful because if you're in a party and your tank is about to die or has already died you can start casting it and save yourself some lives.

Mind Bender:
Mind Bender is awesome because it has the word Bender in it and it reminds me of that awesome robot in Futurama named Bender. This ruby also adds stats, but instead of proficiency, this one adds vitality and faith. This stat will not boost your damage, however, it will give you 12% more survivability by giving you a good portion of health points. Faith is very nice for Psis as well as it boosts your mana. This stuff is like your Monster or Red Bull, if you have it, you can do anything like jump off cliffs and grow wings and shizz.

Enthusiasm:
This is similar to the Analyst ruby in the fact that it gives you 9 brutality. Brutality is a stat that boosts your damage. You will need this to pew pew and 'splode your foes.

Solid Grasp:
This ruby decreases the cooldown on your Choke ability and it also increases the slowing effect of Choke. This is very useful as Choke is your highest relative damage ability and also it can save party members by quickly casting it on a mob charging at a squishy dps that is about to meet it's maker if you don't slow it.

Clarity of Thought:
These rubies straight up increase the critical strike change of Wall of Blades and Astral Venom by 12%. That's 12% dude, no messin' around.

Mental Reign:
These increase the damage of your Destabilization by 15%. Again...15%...that's no joke.

Calculating Mind:
And these increase the critical strike chance of Destabilization. If you get all these rubies together in conjunction with each other...they kinda wreck shizz up yo.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Apr 16th 2015, 6:38pm)

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 9:53pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Apparently there is some stupid BS that you can't post more than 10,000 characters so I must continue my above post in here.

I do not have this ruby but I do feel the need to discuss WHY I do not have this ruby because I'm sure some nerd is going to say "Whaaaaaaaa *QQ, QQ* Why don't you have time loop?!"

Time Loop:
Time loop is a very useful ability. What it does is it allows you to manipulate time with your incredibly awesome brain and go back in time. You are able to "backtrack" your character to 10 seconds before the current time. Why would you do this? Because you're sitting at a very low amount of HP and about to die.
I do think that this ruby can be utilized well, however, I do not think, in high levels of astral, that if you're getting hit...you're going to survive long enough to get to this ability. Psis are able to survive quite a bit, but a lot of the mobs in higher levels of astral are meant to 1 shot people if you're not a tank, and psis are not technically tanks. So there is my reason now get off mah back brah.

End of above post.

Now onto miscellaneous stuff about psis.

Every class has a racial ability. Psis are no different.
Here they are:

Concentration Anticipation:

Now this shizz...this shizz right here is good stuff. Fantastic stuff actually. This skill grants you 3 (THREE) ... did you hear me? THREE stacks of Concentration which is the max amount of Concentration your character can have on it at one time. This is absolutely awesome if you ever are just having a bad freakin' run trying to get Concentration stacks from your Astral Venom spell.

Sonic Wave:

This ability stuns enemies in front of you in a cone shape for 4 seconds. So basically like this:

Enemies Enemies Enemies
\............./
..\........../
....\......./
.....\...../
.......\../
......YOU

Magic Armor:

This skill lets you gain magic immunity for 5 seconds. This is pretty sweet especially if you see a stupid comet or something avoid coming at you and you can react quick enough to get it up before you get ded.

Elevated Insight:

This one lets you dodge all physical attacks for 5 seconds. Again, same kinda thing, if you see a warrior type mob runnin' up in your grill pop this before he gets to you and hope your tank can taunt it off within 5 seconds! :D

Premonition:
Does this even do anything? If it does, I don't use it, so I wouldn't worry about it...it's hogwash anyways.

Erase Memory:

This skill...hurts. This does so much damn damage your head is going to spin. You're going to want to use this skill on all mobs that are below 30% hp. It does 100% increased damage. Also if you kill a mob with this skill it gives you an instant cast Mental Link for 60 seconds. As a psi...you kind of want to be a kill stealer (with Erase Memory) so that you can link up faster to the next mob and start gettin' that damage out yoooooooooo.

Rotation:

I'm not going to go through the "press 1, then press 2, then 1 again, then 3" with you...

All I'm going to say to you is this.
Make sure you have Astral Aura of Power III running at all times.
Make sure to use Mental Link before attacking any mob.
If you have to use Hypnosis to help CC, make sure you're linked up and ready to go. Cast that shizz and be done with it.
Be using Astral Venom as often as possible.
Make sure you are not constantly sitting at 5 stacks of Thoughtful Spirit because then you are technically wasting some DPS by not "growing" more stacks of it. You kind of want to be at 4 stacks for the most part. If you're sitting at 5...you're not gaining anymore balls so you're losing, not winning and Charlie Sheen would be pissed.
Whenever you have Concentration (if the time is right [meaning you're not getting attacked or you have Astral Body available]) use Choke.
If Choke is on cooldown, then you are to be using Destabilization.
Oh God, by now you've definitely run out of Concentration....DON'T DO THAT YOU TURDFACE! This is the time to use your Concentration ability to grant yourself 2 more stacks of damage creating awesomeness.
Use Wall of Blades in any AoE situation.
After using Wall of Blades, make sure to cast Astral Body if you have Concentration and use Astral Breath.
When the mob is below 30% HP make sure you pop Temporal Acceleration and start spamming your Erase Memory button like you're workin' your lady in bed. Who am I kidding, we're all nerds here, you don't have a lady.
After that, the mob is dead and you topped the DPS chart. Nah, I'm kidding, Psi is not a top DPS class, but it's CC abilities make it very useful to have around.

That's it, you mastered Psi from the Pokemon PvE master.
Enjoy and remember...
This guide?

I made dis.

So don't steal it! :cursing:

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Apr 16th 2015, 6:40pm)

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 10:16pm

If this isn't the best PSI guide ever made, then I don't know what is!

over 9000 hours in MSPAINT

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 2:53am

I have to finish leveling my Psi reincarnation and it looks like I know where to go for that, now. I used to know how to play one, but it's just been too long.

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 2:59am

IAmGroot

Professional

If you want to be a top Psi and not be like the other psis...
Use my guide or become like this:

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 1:17pm

I still think you should have used "Psischool"!

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 5:39pm

Sunday, April 5th 2015, 1:55am

From a blind player perspective having someone explain the sounds each skill makes helped me take my psi game to the next level, much appreciated A+++!

Being serious for a moment, I found the humor mixed into this guide made it much more enjoyable to read and learn a bit more about the psi class.
Thanks Groot and good luck!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "odnetnin" (Apr 5th 2015, 2:39am)

Sunday, April 5th 2015, 2:23am

very enjoyable to read :D i play without sound but i can imagine how it sounds now :P

Sunday, April 5th 2015, 6:59am

IAmGroot

Professional

Haha thanks guys! I was going for that kinda perspective. You know, not a "textbook" form of reading. Something that was enjoyable and funny to read instead of being in school and reading a book.
I really hope some of you enjoyed this guide. It was truly fun to make and I am very happy to help explore and explain the Psi class with all of you that have read it.

Good luck to everyone that has guides out there as any class.

To be fair, as I was making this guide, I realized I totally had been "wasting" a ruby in my build before. So that is "payment" enough. I am so happy to be able to say that I am maximizing my build now and that I am going to kick some toosh! :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Apr 6th 2015, 2:40pm)

Sunday, April 5th 2015, 8:12am

Artuditu

Trainee

Okay, I'm really disappointed. After all those 'BZZZT' and stuff how could you not describe the best sound psi have in their arsenal - Erase Memory? :D

Other than that, 10 points to Grootfindor!

Thursday, April 16th 2015, 6:45pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Getting excited to see who will win the guides.
I am honestly expecting to be placing up towards the top, if not the top!
I know my guide isn't necessarily as aesthetically pleasing as some of the others, but I do believe I provided some of the best and most usefl information to all ranges of experienced psis.
Whether you are just a little baby psi or a big bad boy psi I hope you learned something from my guide.

I bid you all good luck!!!

Thursday, April 16th 2015, 9:39pm

You even explained sound effects of each spell and how people react to them so you deserve to win!! :D

Thursday, April 23rd 2015, 2:11pm

Erwyn

Trainee

Shame you're not a psi anymore :(
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Rate this thread