You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 3:29am

[PMB] Engineer 101 Guide - Prison

Introduction:

Hello everyone that is looking to become the best engineer ever! ;) My name is Prison and I have actively been playing this game since closed beta. I am currently in the league guild, Void, on the subscription server (Smuggler's Paradise). Before picking up the engineer class, I played as a warrior for the majority of my time playing this game. The reason I wanted to switch to an engineer is because it was something new and who doesn't like to walk around with massive guns *flex I have played the class long enough to know what is needed to get the job done.

What did patch 6.0 do to Engineers?

Calibration

- The main shots of an Engineer, Astral, Fire, Lightning, and Acid now get a 4% critical chance increase per ruby spent

Movement Detectors

- When the target moves under the Steel Mosquitoes effect, it will take extra damage and be slowed by 1.5sec per ruby spent
- This ruby is not that great at all. It is not worth it to take it in a PvE build and for PvP it is also very lackluster. I tested rank 3 in a pvp build and it still didn't help steel mosquitoes be worth anything in pvp. Unless the guy you are fighting, stands still and has no clue how to pvp :)

Vacuum Trap

- When the target is near or trapped by Steel trap, it will knock down 1/3/5 enemies within 4/7/10 yards and bring them together.
- This is similar to a TK Pull from the Psi class. However, these rubies are way to far out of the way for the amount of rubies you get on the subscription server.

TL;DR The 6.0 patch for Engineers gave a slight crit boost for volley shots and some pvp rubies that are not that great.

"Why do i have a broken compass near my skill bar?" This is the Engineer Reactor and the thing that makes this class different than a typical caster/support class.

The Reactor is pretty basic to understand. When the arrow starts to go towards the red, you are heating the reactor. When the arrow starts to go towards the blue, you are cooling the reactor. There are certain Engineer abilities that heat and cool the reactor.

The fact I played the mindless warrior class makes it so the way I play an Engineer i completely ignore this thing. You may ask, "The point of an engineer is to balance the reactor and learn how to use it right?" and i say, "NO NOT REALLY 8) "

MY PERSONAL PVE BUILD:

I have limited rubies available on the subscription server but if I had more talent points and rubies available. I would put my talent points into Paralyzing Ray for a longer cc available for Astral. Then i would put my rubies into Electrodynamics for a shorter cooldown on Burst of mana + X Class Engineer for more overall damage of Steel Mosquitoes and Light Turret.

My Rotation:

Before spamming volley shots you will use OVERLOAD and then STEEL MOSQUITOES + LIGHT TURRET. Overload allows you to place both at the same time. When Overload is not on cooldown, use steel mosquitoes on bosses that don't move and light turret for bosses that you have to constantly move.

Open with FRAG BOMB then spam ACID SHOT + ASTRAL SHOT until 3 stacks of Variable Polarity then FIRE SHOT when reactor overheats use BURST OF MANA

Rinse and Repeat. Use Frag bomb whenever off cooldown and rarely will burst of mana not be off cooldown when reactor overheats again. If it happens to not be off cooldown fire off some LIGHTNING SHOT

Why do you use this rotation and does it even work??

As I mentioned a few times above, I like to play my class as mindless as possible. It allows me to be able to move around a ton more to dodge everything and pay attention to what is happening during raid boss fights.

But doesn't using the cannonade effect + spamming Frag bomb rotation do a TON better?

No not really. I have tried both different rotations. The scorching damage you get from spamming Burst of mana is equivalent to frag bomb. So even if you used frag bomb twice as much during a boss fight, you would still do the same amount of damage.

Ancient Mound Last Boss on Smuggler's Paradise near 50k GS using rotation explained above

I want to be a basic Engineer build:

The only difference between a basic Engineer build and what I use is the rotation and the removal of ELECTRODYNAMICS

Basic Engineer Rotation:

Before spamming volley shots you will use OVERLOAD and then STEEL MOSQUITOES + LIGHT TURRET. Overload allows you to place both at the same time. When Overload is not on cooldown, use steel mosquitoes on bosses that don't move and light turret for bosses that you have to constantly move.

Open with FRAG BOMB then Spam ACID SHOT + FIRE SHOT until CANNONADE EFFECT procs. Then you will spam LIGHTNING SHOT AND ASTRAL SHOT.

Spam Frag Bomb whenever it is off cooldown. Lightning shot and Astral shot reduce the cooldown of it for each shot so it is up more often.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Prison" (Apr 10th 2015, 1:27am)

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 3:30am

My Personal PvP Build:

If i had more talent points and rubies available. I would put my talent points into rank 3 steel trap and put my rubies into X Class engineer and Death Machines

The rotation for PvP can not be shown. PvP is about reactions and what is happening on the battlefield so I will just share the reasoning behind my build.

Engineers are a very squishy class. This causes me to pick up every defense ruby possible. I sacrifice a small amount of DPS to stay alive longer. You want to be able to take more hits in PvP compared to PvE

DEFIBRILLATION is your bread and butter. Its a 100k+ damage skill when used on an enemy and a 4sec stun at least when you take the rubies. It is instant cast with rubies and also is up every minute.

My pvp build is based off being able to survive and cc.

Light Turret Rank 3 and No Steel Mosquitoes??

The reason behind this is because after testing out steel mosquitoes in pvp, it just way too unreliable. Steel mosquitoes has a long cooldown and even with the combination of Steel mosquitoes + steel trap it does very minimal damage. The target will not sit still for the entire time steel mosquitoes is on them. Light turret at rank 3 actually does VERY good damage and who cares who it hits. It is still doing the damage the entire time it is up and isn't cut short because someone moved.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Prison" (Apr 9th 2015, 3:55am)

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 4:02am

If you have any other questions about Engineer's or my builds above feel free to to ask. I will try to explain my reasons or answer you as best as possible.

<3

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 5:41am

AleynaBear

Beginner

Occupation: FuzziWigs Candy Factory, ABL- Internship@ Biological Terrorism Counter Measures.

He made this awesome guide while eating pro Engineer 10/10 can vouch and confirm.

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 9:25pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Since I'm really silly...
Last weekend I bought the Engineer core from the AH and class changed to Engineer.
I have never played the class before (I played one to level 18...but I
am not counting that) so I am completely lost when it comes to what the
heck I am doing.
And unfortunately, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find good information about them available.
Your guide is useful in giving me the basics to understand what to do.
Hopefully either you or someone else can add some more information and make a really extensive guide explaining the pros and cons of some of the rubies...because it looks like as an Engineer the class could use about 10 more rubies and still not have enough...

I will say this though, as a beginning Engineer...this is a 9.2/10 guide.

Great job.

Thursday, April 9th 2015, 10:03pm

TheRampage

Trainee

I am happy to see your build Prison :D And they are almost same like mine, that is rlly nice. Good luck man :)

Friday, April 10th 2015, 1:28am

Thank you for all the feedback :) I didn't dive into rubies because most are self explanatory. But I will take a look at adding in some detail to rubies I believe need explaining.

Friday, April 10th 2015, 7:18pm

My Personal PvP Build:

Engineers are a very squishy class.

i disagree

Friday, April 10th 2015, 10:04pm

My Personal PvP Build:

Engineers are a very squishy class.

i disagree
You probably just don't pull aggro often 8) ....

But on a serious note I would say the class is squishy when you are full damage PvE spec. I have had my diehard pop numerous times in astral. It could just be because I pull aggro a lot on the p2p server.

The engineer can be fairly tanky in a pvp spec because of the amount of incoming damage absorption skills and cc they have. However, if you didn't use these skills or pick up the defense rubies you would easily get murdered by a lot of classes :D

In the end, you have your opinion and I have mine ^_^

Sunday, June 14th 2015, 9:57am