You are not logged in.

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 10:17am

Game plan critique (returning player)

Alright so I am coming back after last playing Allods in CB,OB and up to patch 1.1.0 (end of 2010?). In the 5 years, I have acquired other games that I play regularly (eve, dota2, etc) but always wanted to come back and finish all the stuff that I didn't get to, especially ships/allods and end game raid related things.

(After going through account transfer) I remembered that my character was lvl36 imp melee healer (also, RIP 3700 gpotatoes, should've bought crystals before leaving). It was fun, but now I am looking to just powerlevel to 60 on P2P server and get to allods/raids/other end game content asap. Along the way, I would focus on doing all the quests and experiencing all the PvE Allods has to offer. With exp bonus, I don't expect much grinding.

Even so, since playtime is limited (grr RL), I formulated a plan to get to endgame in most efficient manner possible and would appreciate advice/criticism...below are steps, with questions in orange.

-------------------------
1. Get client, install 6.0 compatible addons (I can use russian ones too, if they work)

2. Roll league (more NA pop) character on P2P server

I am aware of P2P limitations, and the 'holy wars' around which is better (hi AOP) but it seems to be better for what I am aiming for, which is quick endgame stuff. Budget is not an issue, but I doubt ~$100-$300 will get me far (saw some crazy cost breakdown for lvl7 runes (~$400) and other 'necessary' stuff on F2P). That being said...I could continue with my MH and be half way there off the bat, and also use all the freebies accumulated over 5 years. Advice on this is welcome.

3. Choose warden (or summoner) as class, go full solo leveling build, with initial 20 stats into 15 proficiency/5 brutality
This is a big one - I presume that pet classes are fastest levelers (not sure if AOE bard/mage approach is faster, but definitely more skill intensive), and have advantage of being able to tank with pets (and kill elites easier), but this is only based on my reading. So - what is the fastest/most reliable/easygoing solo leveler class?

4. Get to high 50s, join a guild (Void, since I'm NA), see what builds are actually used and respec talents/stats to what is needed (probably FH).
I know respec requires quite a bit of gold on P2P server but I think that won't be an issue when I get to that point in ~2 weeks?.

5. Finish leveling, and use core morpher based on what I see other people play and how I like my current class
Due to low pop/courtesy (hehe) it seems you can get the AH part for ~5k, but information on second part is sparse - on F2P you buy morph boutique item with crystals, what about on P2P? I also presume there is the same 30d limit to how often you can change classes - any other drawbacks? Also, is there anything imporatant that can't be reset besides race?

6. Get reincarnation/some half-decent gear/mount/bag
I know you can only get 1 reinc on P2P which sucks but I am not going to level it much anyways. Also, I am fine with a slow mount.

7. Start having end game content with the guild

8. ???

9. Profit obviously
-------------------------

Pointing out any flaws in above or things you would do differently keeping in mind my goals would be much appreciated.

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 3:17pm

First of all hi, and welcome back:)
Then some answers to your questions:
- Warden is a easy class to level up, same with palladin.
- Core morphers are weekly put on the Auction House on P2P, and every week you can bid on them. The class change cd is still 30d.
Then about the mount/bag part: you can easily do GT to get a semi decent bag, and when u get to end-game astral runs mammoths (decent mount) will drop fairly often. Also we do Tep, where you have the chance to get an even faster mount (if you were to join us ofc).
If you want u can message me in game, and ill bestfriend you, so you can lend one of my mounts.
Also u can join Void on lower lvls too, just hit one of the SO's up: Allure, Girs, Prison or Yixi.

With Kind Regards,
Yixi,
Senior Officer of Void

Sunday, April 12th 2015, 1:17am

So - what is the fastest/most reliable/easygoing solo leveler class?

best classes atm are paladin & scout

also i would consider putting more brutality than 5, i have experienced that over the whole leveling-process you more often get items with proficiency so its hard to hold the optimal 50/50 value
personally, i would put all of the 20 points into brutality now

I am aware of P2P limitations, and the 'holy wars' around which is better (hi AOP) but it seems to be better for what I am aiming for, which is quick endgame stuff

this one made me grin ^^
with my pro / contra thread all my work regarding enlightenment is done anyway, i will finish it when the free test-time for p2p is over
reading that you decide for p2p while beeing aware of its limitations is a great thing, this way its ensured you wont be disappointed at any time :)

4. Get to high 50s, join a guild (Void, since I'm NA), see what builds are actually used and respec talents/stats to what is needed (probably FH).
I know respec requires quite a bit of gold on P2P server but I think that won't be an issue when I get to that point in ~2 weeks?.

as long as you dont plan to respec every few days it wont be a problem, its only problematic if you feel like you want to test a new spec very often
respec talents / statpoints is about 8000 gold each or something if i remember correctly

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 12th 2015, 1:29am)

Sunday, April 19th 2015, 9:40pm

Week 1 update

So, it has been a week since I started. I will provide update on where I am and my impression on P2P (dis)advantages for those who are thinking about starting on P2P as well.

Current status

lvl 40 Warden, just finished Yazes shard. Still have all the celebration awards unopened (especially +5 lvl one). Starting Gipat right after this post, rushing towards 45 to get free reincarnation before expiry.

P2P levelling
With a warden I had no problems whatsoever - pet combined with hidden runes (P2P balancing feature, or so it seems from combat logs, since you cant buy runes from cash shop) and exp boost made it a smooth ride. I spent 3 full days(~14hrs each) + 15ish hours during the week to get to lvl40, and it was not as painful as expected. Quests are fairly straightforward and some even have good lore (yes I read world mystery ones), due to exp boost you never need to grind (even Coba) as long as you do all the quests, your patronage is always on and tiers are increased automatically at right levels. Still have to level it though (RIP mirra). I also have 2.4M marks of fate yet to spend atm.

P2P Population/PVP
It is clearly low, but there are definitely people around (<3 warden bro with whom we ran some Coba stuff). A special mention goes to DamerFlinn, empire lvl42 healer who first killed me in Asee-Teph (yay Holy Justice) and then multiple times in every location since. Admittedly, I did always raise war banner as soon as it dropped because "content", and so he was my main source of fun for last couple days - kept me on my toes, made me tune my build for turbo-getaways, etc. Finally, yesterday in Yazes tables have turned and he died for the first time. In the next couple days I hope to continue this table turning trend 8) .

P2P limitations comments (so far)
No talents/rubies/other 'points'
Not a factor since too much changed since I last played anyways

Small population for bosses/dungeons
As warden, I managed to solo all the quest bosses with my caster dps+some heal build, either by tanking/agro managing with pet or bursting down (<3 Shred). For dungeons, mercenaries are significantly more competent than real players hehe.

Mercenaries cost gold
Not a problem since I got more back from items even with full party - example is TT2 with +70G/run.

Respec costs gold - a bit annoying
I didn't need to respec yet, but the cost is reasonable - 180G at lvl40 atm. Admittely you can do 'droplets' style unlimited resets, which I can see being useful, but then it will get expensive on F2P too with weekly expiry...

No lootpet until 30 - midly annoying
I didn't know what I was missing out on until I got it. Then I knew why AOP was saying its hard without it. Made my 'run and spam' grinding easier, but definitely NOT a deal breaker. My fingers quickly got used to pressing/holding Z so its not like you have to manually drag things to inventory - having to do it for a week until you get to Coba is survivable. I can see it being annoying if you are starting a reincarnation though.

Bags - midly annoying
Situation is better than in FAQ - you can get 24 slot one at 15 and 30 slot bag at 30 from banker, and same goes for 36/48 slot bank. Still, full bag was often a problem considering the amount of garbage that drops from mobs. Can't wait for larger ones!

Very few battlegrounds - annoying
This one is definitely bad - there are very few battlegrounds/goblinballs going on and its something I haven't experienced much yet which is a shame. There is way more activity on weekends though, since I just got into one as I'm writing this.

No quest log expander - highly annoying
Multiple times I was forced to pick and choose quests, and then return for more to only have to run back to same place to do them. Very annoying, especially in eljune.

Tips to newbies
Marks of fate are your friend (I didn't know about them until 35...sadface)

Its not always worth it to grind reputation (especially Free Traders/Demon Hunters) - I made it with very little rep gear and ran dungeons 2-3 times instead for some legendaries/xp, rest from quests.

Will provide another update in a week or two

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Nuclear Russian" (Apr 19th 2015, 9:51pm)

Sunday, April 19th 2015, 11:19pm

good read, thanks for posting!

as for lootpet, its shared with reincarnations, so a reincarnation wont suffer from the late lootpet, same with the late mount & bag

Monday, April 20th 2015, 5:52am

Nandita

Intermediate

u

... rushing towards 45 to get free reincarnation before expiry.

You can start the Quest for Incarnation only with lvl 65. And then it will take 10 Days until you can create an Incarnation or use the free Incarnation.
I lvled my Char from 60 to 65 and did the Quests for the same reaseon.

Monday, April 20th 2015, 11:04am

No lootpet until 30 - midly annoying
I didn't know what I was missing out on until I got it. Then I knew why AOP was saying its hard without it. Made my 'run and spam' grinding easier, but definitely NOT a deal breaker. My fingers quickly got used to pressing/holding Z so its not like you have to manually drag things to inventory - having to do it for a week until you get to Coba is survivable. I can see it being annoying if you are starting a reincarnation though.
Reincarnations share lootpet and bag size, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Avo.

Monday, April 20th 2015, 4:38pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Tips to newbies
Marks of fate are your friend (I didn't know about them until 35...sadface)
This is not always true. You need to pick and choose which quests to use them on.

Monday, April 20th 2015, 9:59pm

You can start the Quest for Incarnation only with lvl 65
In general you are correct. However, I was referring to the celebration gift item:

Now that I read the description again...I realize that "if reincarnation is already available" probably does mean I need lvl65. Grrrr...

This is not always true. You need to pick and choose which quests to use them on.
You are correct. Since marks give ~10% of amount used as experience, they are best used on quest that have 'gather x' from chests/plants/etc or other no combat exp ones, since that way you actually gain extra experience vs doing quests directly.

However, there is a catch - even if you use them for mob grinding quests you often times get almost as much xp anyways, AND you can spend time saved grinding different mobs better suited (=faster) for your class. Time is a commodity like any other.

______

Current status: lvl45 and in Kirah. Goal for today is to find and kill this guy (from time storm event)
Just because I want a pound of god damn gold 8)

Tuesday, April 21st 2015, 6:33am

Nandita

Intermediate

I realize that "if reincarnation is already available" probably does mean I need lvl65. Grrrr...

Yes, you need to be lvl 65 to start Inkcarnation Quest and it will take 10 days to complete that Quest. But only if you are able to do the Tka-Rik Quest every day. Actualy it is not that hard if you have reputation Gear from Ferris and (rly important) your Märtyrer lvl is 65.