You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 12:45am

What is a kelpie and how do you get it?

Something was written about it on the game pop-up when I logged in but I don't understand what it was trying to say (had typos in it and such). Something about going to a guild something-or-other, but when I Googled it I only got outdated 2013/2014 stuff, some sites saying that it was a contest prize for writing a story and others saying it was in the Boutique.

Honestly I'm literally only playing this game to ride horses in the pretty 3D environment (because all actual horse-themed websites are silly and dumb), I like collecting the color patterns and so on and the horse is the only mount I'm interested in having, so if there's anything I can get to transform/upgrade my horse, that would be great. But I can't find out anything about it, or if it's only for high-levels or only for people in guilds or whatever. :S

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:04am

its an improvement to previous mounts
by default kelpie can be max 13m/s fast...

so example: you have a standard horse at level 11 (max) (~8m/s) and you get a kelpie, then this standard horse is 13m/s and has more HP and you mount on faster
this was great until we got mounts faster than 13m/s by default, making kelpie useless
gamecreators got aware of this problem and offered some consumable* item that makes kelpie faster than the fastest mount in stable... so theoretically kelpie should be the fastest mount again now in terms of movement speed (wraith with blink is still faster however!)

kelpie will keep things like no fall dmg from "griffon" or swim skill from "aegis of master"
kelpie will NOT have skills like "griffonjump" from griffon

its no optical change
but if you love mounts so much you maybe will be happy to have the default horse faster :)

*consumable price = 80BC and lasts for 30 days
so what does it cost atm?
2,6 BC / day
~167x2,6 = 434,2 Gold / day
(this is only relevant to you if you have a mount that is faster than 13m/s by default and want an even faster mount)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 15th 2015, 1:17am)

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:08am

Hello,

This is a Boutique item, that "transform" your low level mount into a better mount (it stays the same, if it's a horse lvl 5, it stays a horse lvl 5, but its rank is increased (rank to be confirmed, i assume it's rank 6 now ?), and so its speed and life).
There's a contest to win a Kelpie : http://en.allods.com/news/events/gp-event-history-kelpie

"This mount is able to morph into any mount that you already possess, but with its own speed and hit points. It will inherit the level, satiety and certain abilities from the source mount - such as the ability to move on water and to receive no damage from falling."
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:16am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

I have only seen it in the boutique 1 time and that was when the NA server was still around. Not sure how many times it showed up on the others before we all merged.

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:18am

Not sure how many times it showed up on the others before we all merged.

on former german server ("ARO") there was only 1 sale if i remember correctly

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 15th 2015, 2:06am)

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 8:46am

OP: If you only want mounts that **look** like horses, but you want something faster than a standard horse, the Kelpie is the one to get. It has no appearance of its own, and instead borrows the appearance (shape and colour pattern) of one of your other mounts, along with its **LEVEL** and feeding status. You can switch it to a different appearance at any time, but I'd generally advise not doing it during combat...

The key point is also mentioned above: the Kelpie is a **RANK** SIX mount, and therefore **USEFULLY** faster than the horses. Even a level 1 Kelpie is faster than a level 11 horse. Its health regeneration speed is more points per second than the total health of a level 8 horse, and it has correspondingly more hit points as well.

The only real downside is that if you bind it to a mount with a special skill, you can't use the special skill, but in your case, that's neither here nor there because horses don't have special skills.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 9:09am

Gramarye

Professional

is the speed still 13 m/s?

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:24pm

its an improvement to previous mounts
by default kelpie can be max 13m/s fast...

so example: you have a standard horse at level 11 (max) (~8m/s) and you get a kelpie, then this standard horse is 13m/s and has more HP and you mount on faster
this was great until we got mounts faster than 13m/s by default, making kelpie useless
gamecreators got aware of this problem and offered some consumable* item that makes kelpie faster than the fastest mount in stable... so theoretically kelpie should be the fastest mount again now in terms of movement speed (wraith with blink is still faster however!)

kelpie will keep things like no fall dmg from "griffon" or swim skill from "aegis of master"
kelpie will NOT have skills like "griffonjump" from griffon

its no optical change
but if you love mounts so much you maybe will be happy to have the default horse faster :)

*consumable price = 80BC and lasts for 30 days
so what does it cost atm?
2,6 BC / day
~167x2,6 = 434,2 Gold / day
(this is only relevant to you if you have a mount that is faster than 13m/s by default and want an even faster mount)

What is BC? I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Is the kelpie something that expires and disappears, or an item that stays in your inventory permanently? Or is it just the speed boost item for it that expires but the mount itself stays? And where does it come from?

Thanks for replying. ^^

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:27pm

OP: If you only want mounts that **look** like horses, but you want something faster than a standard horse, the Kelpie is the one to get. It has no appearance of its own, and instead borrows the appearance (shape and colour pattern) of one of your other mounts, along with its **LEVEL** and feeding status. You can switch it to a different appearance at any time, but I'd generally advise not doing it during combat...

The key point is also mentioned above: the Kelpie is a **RANK** SIX mount, and therefore **USEFULLY** faster than the horses. Even a level 1 Kelpie is faster than a level 11 horse. Its health regeneration speed is more points per second than the total health of a level 8 horse, and it has correspondingly more hit points as well.

The only real downside is that if you bind it to a mount with a special skill, you can't use the special skill, but in your case, that's neither here nor there because horses don't have special skills.
Yes, exactly. :) The skill thing doesn't matter and it's irrelevant whatever the fastest mount in the game is (I use /walk for crying out loud), I got the horse because I wanted a horse, not because I wanted speed. If I'd wanted speed I'd have bought the carpet.

But where do I get it? I couldn't find it in the Boutique. 8|

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:30pm

Hello,

This is a Boutique item, that "transform" your low level mount into a better mount (it stays the same, if it's a horse lvl 5, it stays a horse lvl 5, but its rank is increased (rank to be confirmed, i assume it's rank 6 now ?), and so its speed and life).
There's a contest to win a Kelpie : http://en.allods.com/news/events/gp-event-history-kelpie

"This mount is able to morph into any mount that you already possess, but with its own speed and hit points. It will inherit the level, satiety and certain abilities from the source mount - such as the ability to move on water and to receive no damage from falling."

I can't find it in the Boutique and I can't get that link to load. ;( Is it the same event they had a year ago or something, where you have to write a story about where it came from, meaning only the winners get it, and you can't just generally go and buy one somewhere? :(

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:30pm

freestile

Professional

BC = blue cristals, it's the boutique money that you can buy with IG gold (1 BC = 160 gold for the moment) or with real money

no kelpie is a permanent item don't worry ^^ it stay forever in your stable

don't know about the speed boost

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 2:21pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Hello,

I can't find it in the Boutique and I can't get that link to load. ;( Is it the same event they had a year ago or something, where you have to write a story about where it came from, meaning only the winners get it, and you can't just generally go and buy one somewhere? :(
You will eventually get use to getting disappointed by things like this.

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 4:05pm

Hello,

You can't load Allods official website ?

Kelpie will be a temporary sale, when the contest will end i think (no dates yet). It's not a permanent sale in the Boutique, that's why you can't buy it right now.
So if you want it, either try to write something about the origin of the Kelpie (it's fictionnal) or wait for the sale.

This event takes place on Guild Portal, which is the Allods Community official site:
http://guilds.en.allods.com/forum/topics…story-of-kelpie
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 10:43pm

Hello,

You can't load Allods official website ?

Kelpie will be a temporary sale, when the contest will end i think (no dates yet). It's not a permanent sale in the Boutique, that's why you can't buy it right now.
So if you want it, either try to write something about the origin of the Kelpie (it's fictionnal) or wait for the sale.

This event takes place on Guild Portal, which is the Allods Community official site:
http://guilds.en.allods.com/forum/topics…story-of-kelpie

That link loaded. I do write stories but I'm not really interested in writing one about this topic. It'll go into shop afterward? That seems like it defeats the purpose of trying to enter the contest, unless it's going to be really expensive in the shop and the contest is a way for people to try to get it free. :)

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 10:53pm

BC = blue cristals, it's the boutique money that you can buy with IG gold (1 BC = 160 gold for the moment) or with real money

no kelpie is a permanent item don't worry ^^ it stay forever in your stable

don't know about the speed boost

Oh, oh okay, yeah, those. Can I sell the blue crystals to other people for game money? :0 But the purple crystals are bound to you, right?

Thursday, April 16th 2015, 9:41am

"boutique" crystals, but never mind. (purple ones are "premium crystals")

You can't sell them to other players, but you can sell them to an NPC next to the auctioneers in Nezebgrad (Imp side) / Novograd (League side). You can also buy them for gold from the same NPC.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, April 16th 2015, 1:37pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Oh, oh okay, yeah, those. Can I sell the blue crystals to other people for game money? :0 But the purple crystals are bound to you, right?
Anything you buy with the purple ones will be bound.

Friday, April 17th 2015, 11:40am

"boutique" crystals, but never mind. (purple ones are "premium crystals")

You can't sell them to other players, but you can sell them to an NPC next to the auctioneers in Nezebgrad (Imp side) / Novograd (League side). You can also buy them for gold from the same NPC.

I found that guy right after asking the question, but still wondered if that was the only option. Thank you. C:

Ahh, I'd thought they were all Premium and was confused why there were two then. So basically they give you the choice to buy with blue and resell, or buy with purple and be bound so nobody can hack you and take your stuff, eh?

Friday, April 17th 2015, 3:55pm

IAmGroot

Professional

so nobody can hack you and take your stuff, eh?
No, not really.

They give out purple crystals for contests and stuff so that you can not go and sell the crystals to someone else for a contest you won.

Rate this thread