You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 1:33pm

Effreti

Trainee

• "Effreti" started this thread

Should scouts get the "Warrior" Treatment if we get reworked?

I'm talking about how when they reworked warriors they made the 3 ruby grids focus on a specific weapon type. For scouts would be like:
-bow grid, with stable dps, low burst
-crossbow grid, with burst and heavy hits, but instable dps
- paired weapons, for melee pvp/dps

All grids will have specific pvp things and stats rubies, like the warrior has. You can get a few of them, but not all, unless you focus on the weapon the grid is about. What do you guys think? Would it be a good idea or not?
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 8:05am

I think they should first focus on scout's mechanism, especially for ranged scout:
- They should definitively remove the disabling of skills when "target is too close". Ranged scouts are already at a disaventadge when fighting other melee class (since all melee class have been buffed and reworked), the disabling of skills is a double punishment which turns pvp into an absolute crap, especially in limited zone (like dominion when we have to fight in a small circle around the flag, which means we have ALWAYS at least one or two people on us).

- All class have instant cast or "preparable in advance" skills, scouts are the only class to be forced to stop moving to cast skills (except secondary shot like tesla or incend, which are limited by quiver size).

- Quiver size limitation: 3 shot at normal state, 7 with with rubies. That's ridiculous, there's no valuable reason to justify this additional handicap.

- High shot: all class have at least one or two high shot (icy comet for mage for exemple), scouts have... the hilarious merciless shot, which have been made conscienciously unusable with a delirious cast time. We had powerful shot before: removed. We had vengeful shot: removed. What we have left: the double shot, not only it have a insane cast time and energy consumption but it is also... disabled when target is too close!

- (EDIT) Protection/Healing spells: Warriors have diehard skill + barrier, Psys have ectoplasmic form + healing spell, Mages have stone/elem barrier + reflections, Summies have blood barrier + diehard + multiple healing spells, Bards have passive healing spell, Pallies have barriers + passive healing spell, Healers have holy shield + multiple healing spells, Warden have healing + new healing spells with theyr rework to come.
ALL classes have some defensive/healing spells except one class. Scouts are the only class to have.. nothing! not a single crappy skill, i mean literally nothing! A diehard skill should be a minimum (not talking about last laugh which is... laughable).

- Line of sight: don't know if it's specific to my character but it simply not working correctly half of the time. I have tons of screenshot saying "Target is not in line of sight", even when target is standing IN FRONT of me or in a zone free of obstacles (i even got this message when trying to give fervor buff at a target who was standing at... 6m before me).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tonal" (Mar 27th 2014, 11:34am)

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 8:19am

They should definitively remove the disabling of skills when "target is too close"

Agree on that or a way lower cd on recoil perhaps
I

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 8:25am

I think they should first focus on scout's mechanism, especially for ranged scout:
- They should definitively remove the disabling of skills when "target is too close". Ranged scouts are already at a disaventadge when fighting other melee class (since all melee class have been buffed and reworked), the disabling of skills is a double punishment which turns pvp into an absolute crap, especially in limited zone (like dominion when we have to fight in a small circle around the flag, which means we have ALWAYS at least one or two people on us).

- All class have instant cast or "preparable in advance" skills, scouts are the only class to be forced to stop moving to cast skills (except secondary shot like tesla or incend, which are limited by quiver size).

- Quiver size limitation: 3 shot at normal state, 7 with with rubies. That's ridiculous, there's no valuable reason to justify this additional handicap.

- High shot: all class have at least one or two high shot (icy comet for mage for exemple), scouts have... the hilarious merciless shot, which have been made conscienciously unusable with a delirious cast time. We had powerful shot before: removed. We had vengeful shot: removed. What we have left: the double shot, not only it have a insane cast time and energy consumption but it is also... disabled when target is too close!

- Line of sight: don't know if it's specific to my character but it simply not working correctly half of the time. I have tons of screenshot saying "Target is not in line of sight", even when target is standing IN FRONT of me or in a zone free of obstacles (i even got this message when trying to give fervor buff at a target who was standing at... 6m before me).
Can't say i enountered line of sight problem myself, though a cause of it could be that you have reduced your graph ics settings so if you're zoomed out quite a bit certain objects won't show on your map ( like crates or fences etc. ) causing you to break los with your target.

Ruby grids are kinda aranged like what you're saying now aswell, just that it's melee grid -> ranged grid -> utility grid. Yeah it would be nice to have more diversification, but how will you separate bow rubies from xbow rubies? What's the criteria one ruby would go into your bow tree or xbow tree?

There really isnt much difference between a bow or an xbow build ruby wise, and if you remember before 3.0 patch we had something like that with rubies that increased overall dmg with xbow and rubies that increased dmg with bow, but that was bad, spliting it into 2 sets of rubies, especialy for people who carry around both of them and switch between xbow/bow acording to situation.

On topic, no , scouts got a pretty good "small buff" with 4.4 patch, I would hate to see scouts get same rework as warrs and suddenly everyone and their mother wants to main it now hue.
For glory.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 8:41am

Runes of Magic is (used to be?) notorious for this, and it affected all classes, along with "target is behind you" and "target is out of range". I eventually concluded that these were all caused by the client (running on your PC) keeping track of the locations of foes independently of the server (to reduce network traffic, I suppose), but the server regarded its values of the location as definitive. When the client's foe tracker got out of sync with the server's, you got this kind of nonsense.

In certain extreme cases, the client and server could even get out of sync with respect to the player's location, and when this happened, the server killed the character, whence my complaint once on their forums: "I died in my house". (RoM has player houses, obtainable for free and furnishable at cost. Death is normally totally impossible in a player house (even someone else's) because combat is impossible, and all skills and negative effects are disabled. But I died because I stood on a narrow beam, and the server evidently thought I fell an otherwise safe distance onto the floor, and the beam and the floor were far enough apart to trigger the inconsistency kill.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 7:07am

scouts only need two changes:

-be able to use their skills while moving AND buff their damage.

-buff their close range skills so that you can actually build as an assassin and be viable.

i don't think making scouts able to cast their long range skills at close range a good solution since that means you kill any other possible build then.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 8:05am

scouts only need two changes:

-be able to use their skills while moving AND buff their damage.

-buff their close range skills so that you can actually build as an assassin and be viable.

i don't think making scouts able to cast their long range skills at close range a good solution since that means you kill any other possible build then.
Ranged damage doesn't need a buff, it's already good enough. Melee could use a little buff though.
For glory.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 9:06am

I think the only change scouts need is more survi like Tonal said we have no healin or die hard when war , palas and healer who go in plate armor have tons of it!becouse of it theres rly not much chance to kill any of them in 1v1

Friday, March 28th 2014, 9:13am

come on, you sound like you want a tank scout.

there are ways to make scout better like increasing his cc or his mobility, but let's not become ridiculous.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 3:10pm

Effreti

Trainee

• "Effreti" started this thread

we had increased cc, but we got nerfed to the ground with 4.1 the only thing i really want actually is better melee dps and an aoe finisher that is not race related. right now melee aoe is spam razor rush until mobs die :(
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 7:49am

Rodde dont think im ridiculous we got last laugh in rubies that sucks hard and war has got 3x better skill and no ruby for that. No i dont want a tank scout but some survi would be good and as for now we can just try to escape if things are going bad

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 11:23am

for now we can just try to escape if things are going bad
That's the whole point of playing as a scout in pvp. x-x. What do you want, more armor so you can just sit in one spot and shoot 24/24 in pvp while healer keeps you alive? Get real. Scout was designed as a glass cannon from the beggining, it should remain so.
For glory.

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 5:07pm

the scout is not designed to sit in a place and bombard your enemy until he does, you have to be running all the time. that's why i'm saying the long range build is fine.

as for the melee build, it's true that is really faar behind any other class/build.

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 12:55am

@bloodraven the problem is the scout isnt anymore a glass cannon becouse even if you stun lock a guy and get him to 0 % hp he still survives ! (war , summ) or he pops bubble or uses tons of difrent thing to get him up and what can a scout do ?

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 6:42am

@bloodraven the problem is the scout isnt anymore a glass cannon becouse even if you stun lock a guy and get him to 0 % hp he still survives ! (war , summ) or he pops bubble or uses tons of difrent thing to get him up and what can a scout do ?
That's why you have to work with a team to take a class down x-x. The entire point of skirmishes is group pvp, not 1v1 pvp, so yes, you can expect enemy healer to HEAL the wounded target when you single him out down, the same way you should expect your group members to dps that target down in order to kill him. Since when being a glass cannon meant you actually have to kill everyone in a few seconds without the other one having the ability to get up?

What, our ( ranged ) dps sucks now? Again, get real.
For glory.

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 2:31pm

Im talking about melee scout not ranged and im not talking about group pvp becouse there to many possibilities in that fight.Im talking about 1v1 where in 90 % casses scout is on lost position

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 5:29pm

Im talking about melee scout not ranged and im not talking about group pvp becouse there to many possibilities in that fight.Im talking about 1v1 where in 90 % casses scout is on lost position
What you say makes little sense. 90% 1v1's melee scout loses? What.

I still dont get it, why people care so much about arena 1v1? When talking about pvp somewhere, I would expect people to talk about pvp that is relevant to progression, aka battlegrounds where there's little chance you'll run into a 1v1.

Still for the sake of argument, where did you get the 90% statistic? Did you see 90% of scouts losing 1v1's or is it from personal experience?
For glory.

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 6:25pm

the melee scout is probably the weakest class, this is a fact. but no, you don't lvl 90% of the time.

also forget about solo pvp with a scout. it was possible very long ago, but not anymore, be it melee or ranged build.

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 10:22pm

I said lost position not 90 % loses:] yes i know taht chances of 1v1 are little but ms is designed to fight 1v1 as for now only thing that ms can do in big fight is cc and then die.Try arena and jump in in middle of fight how long you will stand?

Monday, March 31st 2014, 12:25am

i'm lvling my melee scout atm. will get some cool stuff for it and i'll let you know how i fare with it in pvp. it MAY be better than pre 5.0 since now we can build life steal and be able to heal ourselves.