You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 10:26am

Population on Subscription Server? (returning player)

Hi, I'm an old player but I haven't played this game since 2011. I have missed Allods terribly :(

I am currently in the process of getting my old account/characters back, I was going to choose the F2P server until I learned that you cannot transfer characters between the two servers. I'm willing to pay for a few months, at least, on the subscription server but I am worried that the population is very low. My main was on League (which I heard took a huge population hit back when faction change became avaiable.)

If I were to ride into Novograd, would I see people standing around in the main square or is it barren?

Cheers.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 11:05am

if you buy gametime buy the "big pack" you get more for less this way

population IS low

i dont know if this is the real deal but it seems logical

we had about 149350 supplies, much much less than f2p has judging by aop's screenshot. I just did the math and we have about 4.5% of the supplies you guys had. :huh:

(this was a calculation done based on the amount of supplies needed to unlock blue sector, its scaled to the total amont or players or something)

there are no BGs popping at all (well it popped once and this was even posted on the forum but thats it)

in novograd you will see maybe 3 or 4 ppl standing there, thats it
sometimes there is nobody at all

there are some more players but they are all busy doing stuff...

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 11:20am

Of course there are people in Novograd! People are exaggerating that the server is a barren wasteland... Of course, the population is considerably lower, but that's because F2P population is a mash-up of former servers at the moment, with players that have been around for years. And P2P is relatively new, but considerably better in my opinion. Population will come in time once more will try it out and happen to get in a guild they enjoy. There's aplenty of advantages on top of that, but what attracted me the most is the level of fairness. Your character will be better the more work you put into it, rather the more money you get out of your pocket.

I did get my characters back on F2P, end-game gear and modest 6s runes... with implicitly lots of memories. But to be honest, I preferred to grind my way from the beginning in P2P because Void (guild I'm in) is great, and players will actually help you, there's less greed and pressure, and unfairness is completely gone to be honest. Because runes don't exist, I've frankly even had a better time leveling.

People that spread the news that P2P is a barren wasteland only played a few hours in the beginners map and if they did get to Novograd they probably checked just the Auctioner instead of the Negotiator (AH available from level 65). Depending on your timezone, there might not be that many people there in particular. But if you join a guild you wont have trouble being entertained and getting the help you need. In some occasions it is even an advantage to not have people around (all the crowns are yours, for example). And I have had my share of PvP in Asee and Kirah, sometimes Coba.

The only thing that wont work nicely until they release the new patch is massive PvP like Witch's Hollow. But because of this people are considerably more active in Guild vs. Guild activities, bringing those circles' communities closer. I'm getting to experience a lot of activities that were completely dead before in AO, despite the population, due to how differently things are run now.

Ultimately it's your preference where you want to stay. Population just as a number is usually not the best excuse if one seeks quality in what is being done.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 12:54pm

Of course there are people in Novograd! People are exaggerating that the server is a barren wasteland... Of course, the population is considerably lower, but that's because F2P population is a mash-up of former servers at the moment, with players that have been around for years. And P2P is relatively new, but considerably better in my opinion. Population will come in time once more will try it out and happen to get in a guild they enjoy. There's aplenty of advantages on top of that, but what attracted me the most is the level of fairness. Your character will be better the more work you put into it, rather the more money you get out of your pocket.

I did get my characters back on F2P, end-game gear and modest 6s runes... with implicitly lots of memories. But to be honest, I preferred to grind my way from the beginning in P2P because Void (guild I'm in) is great, and players will actually help you, there's less greed and pressure, and unfairness is completely gone to be honest. Because runes don't exist, I've frankly even had a better time leveling.

People that spread the news that P2P is a barren wasteland only played a few hours in the beginners map and if they did get to Novograd they probably checked just the Auctioner instead of the Negotiator (AH available from level 65). Depending on your timezone, there might not be that many people there in particular. But if you join a guild you wont have trouble being entertained and getting the help you need. In some occasions it is even an advantage to not have people around (all the crowns are yours, for example). And I have had my share of PvP in Asee and Kirah, sometimes Coba.

The only thing that wont work nicely until they release the new patch is massive PvP like Witch's Hollow. But because of this people are considerably more active in Guild vs. Guild activities, bringing those circles' communities closer. I'm getting to experience a lot of activities that were completely dead before in AO, despite the population, due to how differently things are run now.

Ultimately it's your preference where you want to stay. Population just as a number is usually not the best excuse if one seeks quality in what is being done.

People are not exaggerating. The server has been completely empty every time this past month that I've logged on it. It's current population is pretty much non-existent.

over 9000 hours in MSPAINT

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 2:35pm

Celinkabouh

Beginner

:)

Here you can see all the 2 people in main square :whistling: (screen taken 5 minutes ago.)

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 2:46pm

Ringelblume

Intermediate

we have less ppl than on f2p, but this server isnt empty...

I still dont understand why ppl are thinking that p2p will get more ppl by loggin in for few minutes and then logg off again.

1. There are main times
2. There are a lot of things to do (am, astral, as, other raids)
3. Since you dont have cash shop on p2p you need more time for your stuff

I cant get it ... ppl have to decide

pay more and more on f2p (new cash shop shit incomming)
or just change to p2p and use brain >.< ! :pinch:

p2p would be a full server if ppl stay longer than few minutes / days ...
Мелоетта(Paladin) /Милоетта (Mage)
Server: Russian P2P
Fraction: League

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 2:49pm

Here you can see all the 2 people in main square :whistling: (screen taken 5

Yes, they are from Void guild. Mostly from NA. So i guess they are sleeping and left the chars logged in.

So, it's just you alone in Novograd, Celinka.

Avo.

P.S.: It's funny how people complain about p2p server being dead. They forget f2p is dead too, compared to "other" MMORPG.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 3:04pm

IAmGroot

Professional

P.S.: It's funny how people complain about p2p server being dead. They forget f2p is dead too, compared to "other" MMORPG.
P2P "compared to 'other' MMORPGs" is like playing a single player MMORPG.
So........while, f2p is on life support, p2p already had it's plug pulled.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 3:13pm

Ringelblume

Intermediate

Thats why you are doing raids on p2p server ... as I said, we have less ppl on p2p because ppl like you. This server need people who stay longer than few minutes / days ... but its just a dream. Since ppl play a long time on f2p they become a princess. Even I cant be online atm, because im at work >.< ! :pinch:
Today we have Raid Dominion (fight) and after that AM Raid. Maybe there will be enough time to do some astral >.< :pinch:

I dont care if you want to play on f2p, but stop complain about p2p since you are not actic player there.
Pay hundreds of € / $ on f2p and have fun. Allods is a great game and p2p in the only way to play balanced.
Its still so sad that ppl are complaining on f2p server but dont want to move to p2p.

I think My.com wouldl do more for p2p server when ppl start to join this server.
I can just appeal to everyone to join us on p2p.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 3:25pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Thats why you are doing raids on p2p server ... as I said, we have less ppl on p2p because ppl like you. This server need people who stay longer than few minutes / days ... but its just a dream. Since ppl play a long time on f2p they become a princess. Even I cant be online atm, because im at work >.< ! :pinch:
Today we have Raid Dominion (fight) and after that AM Raid. Maybe there will be enough time to do some astral >.< :pinch:

I dont care if you want to play on f2p, but stop complain about p2p since you are not actic player there.
Pay hundreds of € / $ on f2p and have fun. Allods is a great game and p2p in the only way to play balanced.
Its still so sad that ppl are complaining on f2p server but dont want to move to p2p.

I think My.com wouldl do more for p2p server when ppl start to join this server.
I can just appeal to everyone to join us on p2p.

Hey man, Avo started it and to my knowledge, he plays on the server.
So....I'm just firing back, not starting the fight. ;)
And to be fair...that's cool to see you guys have EDIT: 24 12 (sorry I didn't see you said AM, not a real raid.) people playing on each faction so you can do a raid...but as Avo stated, with F2P having AT LEAST 425-500 on EACH FACTION and it being "dead" compared to other MMORPGs.....24 12 people is comical.

So....don't shoot if you don't want to be shot back at.

2nd edit: And to Avo, we do not complain about the p2p server, we just state facts about it's population so people don't waste their 10 euros subbing to find the 12 people online and then end up quitting. We'd rather them have a chance of being like Allods Online Player and farming all their stuff on f2p for free without that initial cost of 10 euros.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 3:57pm

Ringelblume

Intermediate

I said TODAY we have .. TODAY ...

Allods-Online-Player is a really bad player on f2p. Dont take him as an example for doing something "right or better.

And yes.. to other games even P2P + F2P together is dead.
But allods is a beautiful game. Some pp are doing something to protect this beautiful game.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 4:51pm

Here you can see all the 2 people in main square :whistling: (screen taken 5

Yes, they are from Void guild. Mostly from NA. So i guess they are sleeping and left the chars logged in.

So, it's just you alone in Novograd, Celinka.

Avo.

Here you can see all the 2 people in main square :whistling: (screen taken 5 minutes ago.)
Wow , I could say i was taking a meal and the guild were taking advantage of KOE , We aren't lazy on the p2p, because there are many things to do :love:

Who fights can lose, who doesn’t fight has already lost.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Gott entzünde tief in Deinem Herzen
die Flamme der Liebe zu deinen Freunden,
wie auch zu deinen Feinden.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 5:04pm

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 5:29pm

dead can be a vague word.

For me f2p is "dead". p2p is "alive".
I do more stuff now on p2p than i did on f2p (before quitting).

Allods is 100% solo until level 65. So population is irrelevant (f2p or p2p).

And after, when the fun starts...
As strange as it sounds, it can be easier to find parties on p2p than on f2p.
On p2p there are no descriminations based on CS items: people have access to same equipment, all have same "invisible runes", all have same level of patronage, same pots.

About skirmishes. It's true. They don't popup as on f2p. Hell, they almost never pop, unless some GBs, or "guild" JC.
Can i live with that? yes. Better than watch people insulting eachother on f2p 'cause some guy with runes 221/111 just joined your party.
But let me tell you somethings we on p2p do and you guys on f2p don't (most of you don't).
- Going AS on daily basis. Even if you just reached 65 and joined the guild there's "always" a place.
- Going MI and get chests.
- I think almost every 65 player on guild "is" full blue glyphs (if not it's just because they don't want to).

And the best reason of all: on f2p there's Aura of Potency.

Avo.

P.S. i was using a bit of sarcasm there Groot, about Novograd being empty, It is sometimes, as Novograd on f2p.

edit:
Forgot to say something about raids. We did first 2 bosses on Ferris. We did AM 2 groups on the some week. We had full raid sometimes for eclipse. But because we don't have a lot of nolife underage players, we are from a lot of different countries (opposed to f2p where guilds are mostly based on language and country), a lot of us have a life and a job(I KNOW, THIS SOUNDS AWKWARD), getting 24 people for a full raid is not easy.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Avozinho" (Apr 22nd 2015, 5:43pm)

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 5:44pm

Celinkabouh

Beginner

4 hours later the population has experienced a MASSIVE 400% increase, 8 ppl already. Guild still taking advantage of KoE i assume.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 5:47pm

P2P

p2p = hardcore players.
f2p = money money.

mimimi, bye
huahuahuahuauha

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 5:47pm

4 hours later the population has experienced a MASSIVE 400% increase, 8 ppl already. Guild still taking advantage of KoE i assume.
Celinka,

We are not slackers on p2p! We are never in Novo! Except Gibe. He's a slacker.

Avo.

Edit:
"After celinka posted SS from Novo, in just 4 hours popolution increased 400%, meaning by the end of the day, p2p server will have more population than f2p server" THANK YOU CELINKA!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Avozinho" (Apr 22nd 2015, 5:53pm)

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 5:49pm

Celinkabouh

Beginner

Ok, i believe you.

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 6:42pm

People are not exaggerating. The server has been completely empty every time this past month that I've logged on it. It's current population is pretty much non-existent.
It depends a lot on the time you logged in and on your level. Most P2P people are level 65 doing astral, hunting in KoE or guild vs. guild. :)

Wednesday, April 22nd 2015, 6:48pm

It depends a lot on what time you are logged in as said above. Most people are actually doing things in the game rather than sitting on their ass in Novo afk doing nothing, as you are paying for the time you are spending in-game and I perceive that people that prefer a subscription have a different mindset over the ones that don't - plus all you have in-game comes from activities you do, not from money you pay from your job. Most are in astral, KoE or guild vs. guild or other astral stuff. :) Or questing. There's always 10+ people online in my guild, all of them busy, I hardly ever meet any in Novo.