You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 27th 2015, 3:48pm

Mage Icy Comet is bugging ?

I'm playing mage PvE, took the Rubies "Hailstorm" which gives a 100% chance to cast another comet/meteor, but when i cast it i don't see the second projectile flying to the target. I remember well that some years ago when i was playing mage, i could clearly see the second comet just behind the first one.

I'm not sure if it's a bug (me or game) or a change in the previous patches, but it disturbs me a little.

Monday, April 27th 2015, 4:37pm

freestile

Professional

it doesn't give 100% but 30% (at rank 3) to cast another comet so of course you wont see the second comet all the time ^^
==> "i could clearly see the second comet just behind the first one.", you can still see it but only in 30% of cases

It may be a translation pb??

Monday, April 27th 2015, 5:46pm

Sure about that ? O_o
My game says 100% chance of casting another comet, same as the Russian talent calculator.
If it's a wrong description, i'm suprised they didn't correct it yet because it's really misleading.

Monday, April 27th 2015, 6:36pm

IAmGroot

Professional

i'm suprised they didn't correct it yet because it's really misleading.
Don't ever be surprised about these types of things.

Monday, April 27th 2015, 8:54pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

it doesn't give 100% but 30% (at rank 3) to cast another comet so of course you wont see the second comet all the time ^^
==> "i could clearly see the second comet just behind the first one.", you can still see it but only in 30% of cases

It may be a translation pb??
Really? I have the same rubies at R3 and see the extra meteor follow the ice comet every single time (100%) with my incarn mage. Sometimes it's more difficult to see depending of the view angle but it's always there as my targets get hit twice.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Monday, April 27th 2015, 9:09pm

So, i just made some tests about that on a mannequinl. I can confirm that the comet hits twice every single time but the animation only shows 1 comet, for me anyway :/

Monday, April 27th 2015, 9:30pm

Vickie Lynn

Intermediate

Let's show in images :

Here what we see :

And what we really get :

We can see indeed two comets in AoU meter, a little one and a bigger one. And after at least 100 comets thrown, I always got a double one. Which confirms the fact that rubis tells right -> You have 100% chance to get an additional comet, dealing less damage (or there would the fact that I would be clearly lucky, but I don't think it is the case ^^).

So yes, like me and surely a lot of people, it's only a graphic bug. We don't see the additional comet, but it is truely there ;)
Solstis - Warden 85
Yaroslavna - Scout 85
Sanzu - Demonologist 85
SexyVickieJin- Scout 85
Zeyja - Warrior 85
VickieLynn - Barde 85
Jiinsoyun - Mage 85
Nayul - Cleric 85
MarieLynn - Summoner 85
YunmaKahn - Paladin 85
Tatjanna - Engineer 85
Aezelie - Warrior 85
Vick - Psioniscist 85

Supreme Intelligence
Lord of Chaos
King of Nature
Light bringer
Champion of Light
Engine of Progress
Living Legend
First Blade
Eagle Eye
Death Speaker
Lord of Elements

Monday, April 27th 2015, 10:04pm

freestile

Professional

lol i didn't even notice than these rubis had changed *feels noob* ^^
.before it was, 30% chance to have a second comet but with normal damages
.now it's 100% chance to have a second comet which make only 30% of a normal comet damage
==> so it remains pretty mutch the same as it was before in term of damages no? this could also explain why we don't see the second comet all the time, if they didn't change the animation...

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 1:22am

i can not remember not seeing the 2nd comet, it was always visible for me
but sometimes it was like the 2nd one was INSIDE the 1st one so it looked like 1 if you dont look carefully

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 8:38am

Indeed, they seem to melt together while they fly towards the target (atleast for me). For me, the 2nd one tends to stick to the target for a very brief moment after the 1st one hits, so I can see that there were 2. The animation for comet seems a bit messy, so it's hard to see sometimes.
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"

Tuesday, April 28th 2015, 3:52pm

Mapz

Trainee

i would assume that the animation bugs only on pridens chars, since i noticed that 100500 other priden's animations are bugged too, and on my arisen mage i always see 2 comets.