You are not logged in.

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 11:06am

Warjo

Beginner

• "Warjo" started this thread

Currency ExChange

I suggest reseting Currency Exchange rate back to normal.
Prices are really getting out of hands.
Only wealthy players have gold to buy anything.

Few examples:
Stongboxes cost 10.000-20.000 each and get few fragments....
Patronage 5 cost from 1.330.000-6.660.000 depending on luck.
Making another Reinc 150.000
Folio of Knowlage 11.400 (for 30.000exp) 8|
Not to mention how much it costs to make runes today...

I´m trying to farm for better earring slot. Epic cost almost 400k in auction house.
Lgendary is almost 3 million...
Come on people!! 8o

Estimated 90% of total gold is held by 10% of players.
Game is inbalance and new players will have a hard time to into the game.

Consider the economic point of view:
In every game occurs inflation and it`s normal. Players doing quests and killing mobs creates more gold in the game system.
This increases prices in game when buying with gold. At the moment the only way to get gold out of game is bying crystals.

In allods the problem is that most of the gold is held by few players. When those players buy some crystals it rises Exchange rate rapidly.
This means these players will get most items and with increased gold rate they sell those items with profit and get even more gold.
Gold flows from basic players to already wealthy players. This increases gap between basic and rich players even more.

Changing gold to crystals is not a solution for game economics. Only good way is to make people buy stuff directly with gold.
Invent an item that is not in butique and is only able to get with ingame gold. Another option is to have system auctions, like allods had about 4 years ago.
For example if "Tear of the Dragon" are only able to get with gold, it takes lots of gold directly away from game with not chancing exchange rate.
Greens (basic) cost less and better ones (rare, epic, etc) more, every ones happy to get something. ^^

I think Boutique prices for real money are decent and those have been same long time. If you invest money you should have good items.
But when you trying to get with gold, it takes huge amount of time even to get basic crap, like earring slots for example.
Same might said these days its easier to farm, true, but prices of items are increased even more.

If gold rate is lowered it has more effect to poor players, they have more items for same amount of gold and aids them to become stronger.
For wealthy players, lowered gold prices are compensated with amount items they get and therefore not effecting their wealth.

It is just my opinion, but if gap between strong and weak is reduced, it whould make playing more interesting and keeps population more abundant.
If someone rich has something complaining, havent seen many full 13 runes yet.
There will always be those who are stronger than others, im fine with that, just balance it little bit and fix exchange rate! :thumbup:

Mighty Superior Paladin
Guild Leader of

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Warjo" (Apr 29th 2015, 1:25pm)

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 11:53am

Gramarye

Professional

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 12:21pm

Reset is only a band-aid. If the way prices are calculated is not changed, it goes back to the same. There is no "normal" price. Only supply and demand. Supply for crystals is weak since there are more people who buy crystals than there are who sell.
Reason why rich people get richer is "investing" money to costumes or strongbox items. Prices of there go up not because of crystal price going up (that helps too tho) but because after strongbox or costume event is done, supply is 0 and demand keeps rising and rising.
There is no fabled scroll for earring btw.

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 12:44pm

There is no falbe scroll for earring because with legend scroll you can equip fable. If they would change this ...

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 1:23pm

Warjo

Beginner

Thanks for correcting, dont have it yet so didnt check it so closely ;)
Reset is only a band-aid. If the way prices are calculated is not changed, it goes back to the same. There is no "normal" price. Only supply and demand. Supply for crystals is weak since there are more people who buy crystals than there are who sell.
Reason why rich people get richer is "investing" money to costumes or strongbox items. Prices of there go up not because of crystal price going up (that helps too tho) but because after strongbox or costume event is done, supply is 0 and demand keeps rising and rising.
That I was suggesting is a band-aid, at least for start.
And after that, something else needs to be done, maybe lower the price and stick to one amount that does not change, and find another way to remove incoming gold from game.

Point of my writing was that basic items that are sold in boutigue are more expencive than before.
Folio of Knowledge, cost over 11k and who needs those most, new players! 11k gold for 30k experience is way too much.
If prices are lowered, there will be more seasoned items in circulation and prices in auction house will drop, at least some amount.

Rich players will stay rich, it dosnt change, but this helps those poor ones whos trying to get basics for start ;)
Mighty Superior Paladin
Guild Leader of

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Warjo" (Apr 29th 2015, 1:30pm)

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:14pm

well then just dont buy the exp folios^^ i always thought they are waaaaaaaay to expensive anyway^^

but i doubt they will change anything at the system and btw

Quoted

Estimated 90% of total gold is held by 10% of players.

Welcome to a Human society :thumbsup:

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:47pm

I would be willing to bet that the majority of the gold held in the game is held by players that aren't big cash shoppers. There's no reason to hold the gold in bulk and most strongbox items are traded in crystals anyways. Personally if I'm forced into a trade where I get gold I transfer it to crystals right away but those gold trades are coming from mostly players that don't too up frequently.

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 3:55pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I would be willing to bet that the majority of the gold held in the game is held by players that aren't big cash shoppers. There's no reason to hold the gold in bulk and most strongbox items are traded in crystals anyways. Personally if I'm forced into a trade where I get gold I transfer it to crystals right away but those gold trades are coming from mostly players that don't too up frequently.
I have to agree with pretty much exactly what he said.
I don't like having gold on me, because I know it constantly goes up.
Therefore, if some f2p player buys my crap in gold, I change it immediately into real currency.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Apr 29th 2015, 6:26pm)

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 5:42pm

I sell more crystals compared to what I buy from the exchange so if anything I am helping keep the price lower.
What I am more curious about is where the large bursts of increasing crystal cost is coming from every few days or so.

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 8:03pm

Warjo

Beginner

This is just my point of view,but this is how I see things.
Crystal rate increaces because, there is some who have lots of gold, as i see "rich" people. They buy lots of stuff and sell higher price or aquire some goodies for themself and sell lower items with high price. In other words harvesting casual players gold.

And if consider situation atm, exchange rate is high and many will spare they gold.
Why spare gold? This why! http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=2830
They have reset exchange rate before, little bit over one year ago. Correct if I´m wrong but I think they dropped when rate went over 130-140 and it dropped to 70-80 or something...not exactly sure, but something like that.

When gold are spared and strongboxes comes in sale...money makers "invest".....boom rate increases.... 8o

If you are a Cash shop spender, i think there not so much effect in exchange rate if you buy stuff with real money...
Mighty Superior Paladin
Guild Leader of

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 10:00pm

That reset was a one time thing because people abused a bug to get it that high so it was reset after a ban wave...

Wednesday, April 29th 2015, 10:36pm

reeah19

Intermediate

The system is ok, the problem comes from too many free players grinding gold. The number of players changing Crystals to coins has lowered because now you basicly don't have to buy anything with gold if you're not free2p. I'm guessing now we're like 90% free players and like 10% that change crystals->gold...

No one needs to buy amalgam anymore, upgrading costs are covered if you do skirmishes, etc.

If you're a free player i suggest to start crafting. And those who buy(anything in ah) and resell for more are causing the inflation too.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Thursday, April 30th 2015, 9:12am

system is not "OK"!..

purchased crystals do "NOT" affect exchange rate.

should do!..

the problem comes from this...
Burç

The Noob

Spoiler Spoiler

Carisma - Whacky - Fantastic - ObeyUrMaster - Reprobate - Stiff - Carismakiss - Almond - Comet