You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 1st 2015, 1:44pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

[PMB] Pimp My Build 6.0: Results!

Thank you for taking part in the PMB Community Contest!

Regarding rewards; Please note that only entries posted within the rules (ie. your own work - with character name included - which isn't a 100% image based entry etc) were eligible for prizes, including the pet. Considering the scale of the event across all languages, it will take a short while to issue rewards, so don't fret if you don't get them immediately as there are a lot of names to go through - but I'll keep you posted here in this thread as time goes on.

In the meantime, we hope you'll advocate your fellow community members builds to those who are in need of ideas or suggestions for their own characters! It is nice to help those who are only just getting to grips with their class of choice so that maybe they, too, will share their own wisdom in the future and keep the knowledge flow alive. Thanks for sharing your wisdom - and congratulations to all winners!

Friday, May 1st 2015, 2:11pm

Friday, May 1st 2015, 2:14pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Friday, May 1st 2015, 2:18pm

TheRampage

Trainee

So many good entry's are not even 3rd LEL ! This was randomly ? :D

Friday, May 1st 2015, 2:18pm

IAmGroot

Professional

As I said when PMB started.

"It's random who wins, it's like a lottery, just like anything in Allods. It doesn't matter what substance is in your guide, they pick which wins out of a hat."

Congrats to the lottery winners, but, next time...lets not use the lottery.

Friday, May 1st 2015, 2:58pm

Cortath

Trainee

Well done to everyone who participated!
May Tensess have mercy on your soul, for I shall have none.

Friday, May 1st 2015, 3:50pm

Quoted

So many good entry's are not even 3rd LEL ! This was randomly ?

true...

Friday, May 1st 2015, 3:53pm

:whistling:
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Friday, May 1st 2015, 4:31pm

So I talked to a CM earlier today because I was genuinely curious about the Warden PMB results, and I learned that my guide, which I spent many hours working on, was not even considered in the judging process and was unjustly disqualified because for some reason they thought it was 100% images.

Here's the quote that was used:

Quoted

Presentation is key, so feel free to break up your build using informative images - though bear in mind that we will not be accepting entries that are composed of 100% images, nor will we be accepting videos or external links. Once the event ends, all builds will be gathered and judged by our Goblin panel!

I'd accept this ruling if my guide were actually 100% images, but my guide certainly is NOT 100% images; I made a point to make the first portion, which contains an introductory and table of contents portion of the guide, entirely in forum text just in case they ignored the thousands of words within the images of my guides and wanted to disqualify it for being 100% images. That alone makes the disqualification unjustified-- a point which should have been obvious from the start. You'd think it would be easy to determine whether or not a guide was 100% images, right?

Here's my guide for those who are curious:
http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…57260#post57260
Note that the first portion, which contains forum text, was last edited on April 3rd.

Even if I were to give those behind this contest the benefit of the doubt and allow them to ignore the thousands of words included within the images of my guide, I still can not see how they determined that my guide was 100% images because the entire first portion of the guide has no images and is entirely forum text. Even if I just included one word as forum text in an image-based guide, it would no longer be 100% images and would be considered to be within the set rules and guidelines.

At first I was just somewhat salty yet curious about the results. Now I'm actually pretty angry after learning that I was unjustly disqualified and not even considered for any rewards because of someone else's mistake. I spent many hours working on this guide to ensure that it was both presentable, informational, and worthy of being one of if not the top warden guide. Knowing that it was not even considered in the judging process due to a mistake made by the CM's is infuriating. Heck, I won't even get the prize for participating since they disqualified it.

I hope someone does something to right their wrongs here...

Friday, May 1st 2015, 4:40pm

TheRampage

Trainee

Lel they dont even know what they looking for :O They are not sure is it better to explain every possible spell,rotations, and all about 1 class, or its enough to post image of builds, and write few words :S
Are they looking for shiny entry's with amazing images ? :S
Are they even reading everything :S
Is there someone who know everything about every class ?
Just take a look on all those builds, if u know anything about certain class u will notice that someone who has no idea about classes was in team when they choose winners...
I am not master of all classes, but i have decent knowledge about some other classes, and some 1-3rd place are completly BS builds. And now some new player should follow that guide, only cuz its shiny and amazing PS work .. LEL

Friday, May 1st 2015, 5:11pm

Friday, May 1st 2015, 5:35pm

Every time I do better pmb entry and get into lower position :D .
Btw these results are bullshit. I used to be a judge for one pimp my build edition and if someone used some kind of voting system than it was completely different than good old one.
Looking for people which want to play skyforge conctact via private message :rolleyes:

Friday, May 1st 2015, 6:23pm

:love:
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Friday, May 1st 2015, 6:24pm

Erwyn

Trainee

Most of the PMBs people assumed would win purely looked good, had their contents table and fancy images but what information did they actually give? They were walls of text with just a copy/paste of the ingame spells tooltip, this gives no information that can't be obtained by just reading the spells yourself. The guides that won offered alternative information that isn't obvious on tooltips and requires some form of testing to find yourself. The point is to teach players your way of playing (your class) and share you're build, explaining what you use and WHY. NOT what every spell every stat every ruby does with a copy paste of the tooltip.
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Friday, May 1st 2015, 6:33pm

TheRampage

Trainee

Most of the PMBs people assumed would win purely looked good, had their contents table and fancy images but what information did they actually give? They were walls of text with just a copy/paste of the ingame spells tooltip, this gives no information that can't be obtained by just reading the spells yourself. The guides that won offered alternative information that isn't obvious on tooltips and requires some form of testing to find yourself. The point is to teach players your way of playing (your class) and share you're build, explaining what you use and WHY. NOT what every spell every stat every ruby does with a copy paste of the tooltip.
Let me tell u something, even if everything is copy paste its completly fine for me :D WHY? Cuz when i changing class and looking for builds and explanations, instead of opening calculator and reading everything there (there is no % for every type of rubie) and even if there is a explanation, how the hell i can know is that for pvp or pve or something else :S how i can know for what is that good ? U gonna tell me this is good for u take it ? :S How i can know what is % for critical ? From talent calculator ? And before i change class i always looking for some good explanations, even before i change class. So for newbies is even harder... And in my opinion all pmb's with copy paste, including numbers and all, tips and explanation for what those talents/rubies are good, is much better then without any explanation (take a pic of your build and post - read on talent calc. ) LEL

Edit

And yes i forgot, even in game, explanation for some rubies are wrong !

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheRampage" (May 1st 2015, 6:45pm)

Friday, May 1st 2015, 6:54pm

Gorgeous

Beginner

It was stated in the German Forums, that the wont accept Images or PDF Files with Word in it. I gutes the Forgot to Mention it here.
Winner Pscionist DE: Gorgeous

Friday, May 1st 2015, 7:05pm

I agree with you Erwyn. :) A lot of the guides that I looked at looked very nice but majority of the content seemed like you could just read the talents/rubies and figure it out for yourself. I actually enjoyed the guides that had explained their rotations and play style.

Gratz to all the winners! Great guides everyone :)

Friday, May 1st 2015, 7:17pm

Congratulations to all the participants! Everyone did a fantastic job on their guides and will soon be able to love n' hug n' squeeze their cute adorable little jerboas!

I'd accept this ruling if my guide were actually 100% images, but my guide certainly is NOT 100% images.

I think the issue with the images, which were absolutely stunning, is that the most important part of your entry (and the whole purpose for the contest), the build and rotation itself, was laid out in 100% images. From my understanding, the reason this is such a problem is that the guides need to be translated to ensure that the information provided is accurate. If the thread contains all images, it becomes a very tedious task in terms of translating. It can be done, but it would be a very time consuming operation. That being said, it is ridiculous that they disqualified your guide as an entry, because you, very obviously, put a ton of work into it!

As far as copying and pasting from the game tooltips goes, that just defeats the purpose of the whole contest. If you are writing a guide with the intention of instructing others on how to play your class from your experience, you should be able to define the talents and rubies in your own words. Granted, some descriptions are so limited that word for word is all you can do to get the point across, but you should not be copying the description of every skill, as readers can get that information on their own in the game.

Friday, May 1st 2015, 7:31pm

agree with erwyn there it just though most pmbs were completly useless cuz ppl can actually just read the tooltips themself^^ and many just did a trollbuild in there cuz i just cant imagin ppl using such a shitty build themselves :D i mean i just got a look at the person who got 1 place in wardens...and i simply dont think he will do any decent dps... but yeah whatever^^

Rate this thread