You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 4th 2015, 2:00am

Where is Allods Failing...

I never posted and, sometimes, come back to the game to check around, and always see that this game, in graphics, races, classes and gender is, by far, the best online game but still continue to fail big in some crucial points on the every-growing world of MMORPG. So this is my (i know it will be not passed to the devs in RU) first and last try for this game...

This game lacks what makes people interested on online games and it makes me really sad to see the on developers ruining it every patch. The Cash Shop isn't the only and main issue now. P2P came to solve it. The biggest online community between F2P or P2P actually pays so, this inst the problem. This game was always developed thinking about Cash Shop and, it still is forgetting that a game is to be enjoyed.

So, like this section is called, ill post some stuff i would like to see changed here in order to see if this game can survive more years (after SkyFordge (same company) and many more games) this game might lose more players than those it can get...

Problems found:

0. (YES, zero since its not a suggestion... it should be MANDATORY) This game have, absolutely, no publicity at all. I don't know how this new company is supposed, by contract or something else, to manage it but clearly, mail.ru, seems to just ask them "check if the server crash once a week and if so, restart it".

1. There must be a difference between F2P and P2P. Forget the history and start reducing what people can have in F2P. It's the only game where you have the same (even paying and possibly more) then the P2P version. FAIL.

2. This game (endgame) is all about weeks/months farming for gear having no interest on doing raids. There are no Legend items, gear or what so ever by doing raid stuff (we get relics but...). Its pure grind for gold, upgrades and that's it. Myths should be obtain by raid and relics by craft (or something like that). The good old days where you would have to go Astral or raid GT for Legend items are, unfortunately, dead. Only good thing is that can you have good stuff in P2P raid where you can get mounts and bags but only to match F2P.

3. P2P people, should stat with a bigger bag and a mount should be given, at least rank 1, at starting areas. FAIL.

4. The crafting system is completely useless. Unless to make glyphs (stats on glyphs is unique but...) and some pots. Otherwise, it's so basically developed it seems a monkey profession.

5. The is no brain developing daily/weekly schedules. They was brainless doing dozens of servers at the beginning (and separated at launching) to now, have the NA and EU and other countries with same schedules. Dominion, sometimes, is impossible by the hour they occur even for people that had a dedicated server... in own their country. FAIL

6. Its about time to fire the math team. If they can't project skills to finally balance classes the problem resides in only one place only.

Suggestions:

1. Make gearing system actually enjoyable. This upgrading is nice but only till certain level. Make more raids to get gear, not just one raid at every level cap but raids to get Myth gear (or Legend being able to craft/upgrade till Epic).

2. This is a ship unique system. Why not making some ships advantages by crafting?

3. Make P2P with more advantages!

Might be bad suggestions, only a few or what ever but, the 3 main problems are here: P2W, gearing and endgame too boring, absence of advertisement and proper management.

Monday, May 4th 2015, 1:32pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

0. (YES, zero since its not a suggestion... it should be MANDATORY) This game have, absolutely, no publicity at all. I don't know how this new company is supposed, by contract or something else, to manage it but clearly, mail.ru, seems to just ask them "check if the server crash once a week and if so, restart it".
That is because they are to busy advertising for Skyforge. They must be so embarrassed of the Allods becuase they dont even show the game on their main page.
And to be fair they do more then just check the server, we get more and more server lag each passing maint. But hey everything is working as intended.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "GuessItsAmber" (May 4th 2015, 10:36pm)

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 5:15pm

where i agree is that gearing-process is silly
its hard to understand, especially for new players, and once they understand chances that they dont want to do that are even higher

gearing should be like "kill endboss on island, rightclick loot and gear ins upgaded, finish"
no like "kill boss, loot, righclick, go to npc that sells other loot, trade, get amalgam, (eventually uncurse loot?) take out gearpiece to upgrade, upgrade loot, put back gearpiece, get mad over the slow progress in upgrading without any rewards for a long time... :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (May 5th 2015, 6:36pm)

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 6:28pm

where i agree is that gearing-process is silly
its hard to understand, expecially for new players, and once they understand chances that they dont want to do that are even higher

gearing should be like "kill endboss on island, rightclick loot and gear ins upgaded, finish"
no like "kill boss, loot, righclick, go to npc that sells other loot, trade, get amalgam, (eventually uncurse loot?) take out gearpiece to upgrade, upgrade loot, put back gearpiece, get mad over the slow progress in upgrading without any rewards for a long time... :(
^ This Omg

I don't know why the gearing system is the way it is, it seems like pointless depth, I'd pretty much guarantee that most players would want the old (loot drops at last Boos) system again rather then this bells and whistles annoyances we have now.
IGN: Madtop

Server: Smuggler's Paradise
Faction:Empire
Class: Bard

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 6:39pm

absolutely, direct drops would be the best way to go
also, having better direct drops in higher sectors would make it better possible to catch up for new players

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 8:47pm

i think they try to keep players in the game^^ last patch i hit the gearmaximum and i pretty much stopped playing like many many others and with direct drops it wouldnt take long to hit max gear^^

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 9:45pm

freestile

Professional

To me, this gearing system is a big waste of time (and money) to hide the fact they have no real/worth/interesting content to propose.
It's clearly the biggest downside (and a huge one!)of the game IMO

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 1:50am

i understand that for many players gearing is the only real endgame activity and the game would become boring to them otherwise, but there are also lots of players (including me) that strongly dislike gearing
its hard (impossible?) to make everyone happy here

just theoretically; if i had max gear / runes / items, what would be left?
to my mind are 5 things coming:
- regular pvp (BG/AOD) -> infinite fun
- irregular pvp (battle for the 5 whirlwind-places red/blue in KOE/leveling zones general) -> infinite fun
- ship-pvp (are there many/enough players doing that?) -> infinite fun
- leveling (reincarnations); once all reincarnations hit max level there is one thing less left to do, (there should be unlimited reincarnatons) -> finite fun except you delete a reincarnation which is a bad idea
- farming / grinding (for example KOE emblems; less interesting if the gold is no longer needed) -> infinite fun (i know most players do not see farming as fun)

this game is so pretty and well made so personally i really enjoyed playing it again and again from 1 to max level, actually leveling (+ leveling-open world-pvp!) is the best & most fun part of the game for me

@Bluescarlet
did pvp become boring to you when you rached max gear last season? or do you prefer pve? pls tell us why it became boring for you
i agree there still should be some (useful) pve activity once gearmax is reached, but i have no idea what

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 4:09pm

well no ofc i still did all the pvp activities like cf,raiddomi etc. but thats not much time spend in the game :D was just a few hours online per week

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 6:07pm

There should be a parallel match making in BGs, they should add a system that calculates the "power" of people joining the queue, which takes in consideration level of patronage, level of runes, gear score etc... because it's really frustrating when you're really trying to do your best in dominion for exemple (or any other BG) and there's people complaning about "omg look too many 48k gs players,it's lost :(((( ).

CS is a big part of the game now, it contains too many things that perturbs the balance between players (5th level of patronage and runes mainly), just remove those 2 from the game and compensate the players whit gold/cristals they spent on them and the game will be perfect. Add new mounts, costumes, crafting things from time to time... if you really wanna keep the CS.

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 6:13pm

how you want to compensate someone with lvl 13 runes?^^ give him 100.000.000 gold or what? and what is he supposed to do with that? :D

also i think there really IS a matchmaking system ... but well we dont have millions of players and instead of just saying sry there are no 24 noobs avaiable sry you cant play they will match you with higher players so you can at least try and fight^^

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 6:24pm

True. but I'm not saying that they should do that, because, well... it will never happen :(

I just gave my idea on how can the game be really enjoyable. If there were no CS op things and more advertising (Steam for exemple, almost all pc community is there), many old players will return and many new players will join the game, so we will have balanced BGs.
They will buy eventually buy vanity things from CS or mounts etc... so the game will keep running.

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 6:46pm

the imbalance is what makes BGs funny
nothing better than fighting 3 others and they cant kill you no matter how hard they try just because you are vastly superior
i dont want fair matches at all, thats boring!
ofc somtimes you are in the winners team and sometimes in the losers, but nothing worse and more boring than an equal match that takes forever without any real winner...

and if it reduces your gaming experience when some players rant about gearscore you can simply blockchat those who complain all the time (rightclick name and select "ignore", problem solved forever)

also, if you are not happy with cashshop try payserver, there is no cashshop

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 8:46pm

well the imbalance is more about the gear than the cs^^ but in general i really think deleting runes out of the game would make it way better^^ all other cs items give you an advantage yeah... but thats like with gear you will get it over time^^ but runes... lets be real without using cash you will not improve at some point anymore :D

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 9:07pm

it's easier to make 1 set for every type of armour and than add different colours than making another set from scratch and they are usually very ugly aswell so they relly on the tons of costume combinations that exist even tho the endgamers dislike it .

Monday, May 11th 2015, 8:07pm

the imbalance is what makes BGs funny
nothing better than fighting 3 others and they cant kill you no matter how hard they try just because you are vastly superior
i dont want fair matches at all, thats boring!
ofc somtimes you are in the winners team and sometimes in the losers, but nothing worse and more boring than an equal match that takes forever without any real winner...

Hehe mate,this is superior, when you know your class and its powered by patch.
Not imbalance because of Cash Shop items. Back in these days; I belive to remember highest runed char where Lyllaz with all level 10 runes on ZAK server. He took a SS and uploaded it to gportal once he achieved it. Balanced times? Nah, Warriors had combos & dots, very few of them back then. And Healers? Yes very balanced, hit the link :D

If they had changed the current gear system to the old one, imagine the possibilities they could have done the pvp and pve part.
If you also include a way more interesting and challenging way to play all classes, add the old stat system aswell. Ye the new stat are more perfect but instead of tossing the old one; improve it. Adjust it to make it better than the one we got. But by all means... fuck expertise :D 8% to miss chance and you still could miss 8 times in a row with a fast weapon :pinch:
I personally liked the old one because it made the classes so different, build wasn't enough but you needed different stats to each class.
Right now its almost 50/50 to all dps, alil bit changes if Tank and Healer. And the willpower stat is ridiculous, really.

If the old gear and stats has been there, heck maybe we could get Astral Confrontation back aswell, only merged in Dominion. I know it already has been like that but it should rather be an option to either send a guild into AC or divided into groups as it now.
They could focus waay more on our current options to pvp, make our raids bigger, better and maybe more rewarding. The game could become more "noobish" friendly by adding a started pack to new players; A decent mount, full set of lvl 4-5 Runes, and maybe make the looter bird that you get in a quest in Coba permanent.
This has already been mentioned in a previous topic here that I just read.
The old players who already got this should get something else; Golds, costume, or maybe a buff simial to "The Chosen One"... I actually don't remember if thats the name for it but; Reach lvl 30 before some patch and get this heabuff. Old folks know what I'm talking about :D
The Astral could become more fun, not that it isn't already. I can't think of any game that simial to Allods Online with the Open World traveling with ship in space.
This game is fun to play when you're OP in your class, but its not fun when it starts lacking players (which it kinda already do)

And instead of getting a ruby from the "Class Way Quest", you should get FoD/FoL. That Ruby can be added to something else, or just stick on that quest.
Alot of things can be improved in this game, but I personally would prior new players first.

The gearing isn't fun, the battlegrounds, events & dungeons are.
Playing together with friends are fun.
Astral are fun when you finish a dungeon with reward.
Pvp is fun if you like a challenge along with your friends or testing the power and knowledge of your class solo.

I've never meet a person who has said he thinks farming is fun.
"yeey today I'm gonna spend 2 hours faming mobs to get gold!"
Nah :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The Real Tyto" (May 11th 2015, 8:12pm)

Monday, May 11th 2015, 9:22pm

@The Real Tyto allodsonline player says farming is fun :P

but to the video lol i cant understand why ppl always say a cleric who could tank an army of lowies is strong lol^^ when he would kill some of them yeah then he would be strong but just getting beaten and not dying is more like... a cockroach and i dont consider them as strong more like they are useless :P

Tuesday, May 12th 2015, 2:06am

its nice to see a player that can barely keep himself alive agianst masses of other players but i dont see him killing even one of them
if he had killd all of them it would have been impressive

when i was new to allods and had more time (this was at level 51) i enjoyed farming so much it was my main task in this game
some ppl shouted for astral just to get another unfitting gear that needs months to improve just one level... i was farming golems in frontier
ppl gave their best and still failed to achieve raids... i was farming zombies on wandering isle

then, gearing became possible without any real effort and raids became easy too (level 55 patch!)
by that way i had farmed so much gold i had proper runes and a more than solid base to get even more gold... so i did not only had a lot of fun without any downsides while farming i even evaded all the flaws of the silly gearing system back then and got all these things others had put in sooo much effort with nearly no effort at all - big catchup for free and even bigger lulz

this was how i learned that gearing is a luxury waste, because in the end a lot of ppl wasted a lot of gold(money?) on gear that became worthless while i spent theat gold on runes that still benefit me

tldr: farming was fun and provided me some significant advantage, i never regretted farming in allods at all

ofc, the gold you earn from farming is not compareable to the gold you can make with selling things in auctions, but even now, sometimes i spend some time with farming, just for the sake of enjoying how fast the mobs now (due to constant improvements to my chars) fall and drop
in some cases it feels no longer like "mmo" it feels like "hack and slay", a great feeling that cannot be described in words :)

Tuesday, May 12th 2015, 10:13am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

got all these things others had put in sooo much effort with nearly no effort at all - big catchup for free and even bigger lulz
I can in no way ever call endless grinding as "no effort at all"! I have grinded a lot, and I believe most old timers have, and it's as much effort than doing raids and astral etc, if not even more so. The difference is that you grind alone most of times and while it's faster and perhaps more profitable, it's also boring, tedious, annoying and drains all interest away - well for most ppl anyway, there are exceptions of course. In raids/astral it's a social event - maybe slow but it's exciting, fun and pushing the limits for downing another boss - perfecting your skills in group performance you can't learn from soloing all the time.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Tuesday, May 12th 2015, 5:23pm

got all these things others had put in sooo much effort with nearly no effort at all - big catchup for free and even bigger lulz
I can in no way ever call endless grinding as "no effort at all"! I have grinded a lot, and I believe most old timers have, and it's as much effort than doing raids and astral etc, if not even more so. The difference is that you grind alone most of times and while it's faster and perhaps more profitable, it's also boring, tedious, annoying and drains all interest away - well for most ppl anyway, there are exceptions of course. In raids/astral it's a social event - maybe slow but it's exciting, fun and pushing the limits for downing another boss - perfecting your skills in group performance you can't learn from soloing all the time.

compared to what i saw other players doing it really was "no" effort what i did
especially when for bard and summoner farming is only like pressing 3 keys and nothing more, while watching a movie meanwhile... and the farming was just another boost, even without doing it, there would still have been the gold from the auctions, which is the biggest part

i understand that some players gain joy from social events, but i do not, its simply exhausting with most ppl, while doing things alone is the opposite