You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 12:44pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Prophetic Card of Northern Treasures!

Dear Sarnaut,

In times of war, combatants are always gauging their enemy - from sizing up an opponent in a one-on-one environment, to great war-leaders who must make tense decisions based on the size and scale of advancing armies. The same can be said of day to day life, where there are those who put stock in the war of fashion and convenience. There is no doubt that loyal pets and sturdy mounts are beneficial to both sides of the coin - and with the Pridens now inhabiting both capital cities, new wonders of war and fashion have entered circulation.

The world of Sarnaut is brimming with life, from bright and natural to dark and mundane. In order to gain an edge in both fashion and warfare, harnessing all available options is a common goal. It is no surprise to see people touring the world on sturdy and reliable warhorses that are bred for this purpose, but what of those that sit on the back of ferocious forest creatures? With the Pridens joining the front line of wars fought between the League and Empire, it was inevitable that they would eventually share their own secrets to gain that edge - and these secrets come in the form of Prophetic Cards of the Northern Treasures!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGrjcSHwF5o

By deciphering the Priden knowledge contained within these cards, you are destined to stumble upon a wealth of northern treasures!

Playful prowling wild-cats, war-ready snowhorn rhinos, headstrong tungar rams, and even the snow-born forest moose await you - as do special equipment, costumes, potent elixirs and armfuls of priceless currency! Will you discover the northern treasure?

• You can now find Prophetic Cards scattered around the world, or buy them from local holiday committees in Novograd and Nezebgrad.
  • Prophetic Cards can be deciphered using an “Ancient Compass”, available in the Boutique.
  • Deciphering Prophetic Cards rewards you with items of varying degrees of rarity, including: gold dust, costumes, crystal chips, powerful potions, and fantastic mounts.
  • After a certain amount of Compasses are used, you will be eligible for a “Stroke of Luck”, gaining an “Extra Draw” that allows you to obtain one of the rarest items.
  • No matter how lucky (or unlucky) your attempts are, rest assured – you will obtain a guaranteed prize for each “Milestone” reached, as seen in the interface above.

This event will be active between the 7th and 27th of May - the perfect time to consider joining the Northern Cavalry in search of exquisite northern treasure!

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 1:28pm

Wavkalak

Beginner

Expensive

Why so expensive?

on RU
1$ = 52 сrystals
1 Ancient Compass = 2 сrystals
1$ ~ 26 Ancient Compass

on EU
1$ = 90 сrystals
1 Ancient Compass = 7 сrystals
1$ ~ 12-13 Ancient Compass

more than twice...

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 3:30pm

Erwyn

Trainee

Why so expensive?

on RU
1$ = 52 сrystals
1$ ~ 26 Ancient Compass

on EU
1$ = 90 сrystals

more than twice...

Different economy and currency? Kind of a no brainer
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 4:50pm

Wavkalak

Beginner

Why so expensive?

on RU
1$ = 52 сrystals
1$ ~ 26 Ancient Compass

on EU
1$ = 90 сrystals

more than twice...

rly?

on EU
1 сrystal - 2 crystal chips
1$ ~ 180 crystal chips

on RU
1 сrystal - 4 crystal chips
1$ ~ 204 crystal chips

Almost the same. Not twice.

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 6:43pm

Different economy should already be taken into account with 1$ not being equal in value to 1 RUB.

Friday, May 8th 2015, 8:26am

Erwyn

Trainee

Different economy should already be taken into account with 1$ not being equal in value to 1 RUB.

Again that's currency exchange. Russia is still under sanctions from NATO and the US, so they're economy still is fragile and the need for cheaper products on games is needed since people could be fearful of spending their money on anything other than essentials.
The lowest minimum wage out of EU countries is Bulgaria at 123 euros ($176) per month with Romania a little higher at 153 euros ($219). Luxembourg has the highest minimum wage at 1,642 euros ($2,356). In comparison Russia's average wage is just 97 euros ($139).

So how can you compare the prices we pay with theirs?

Not to mention both sets of servers are run by a different company in different regions of the world with largely different populations, expecting a 1:1 with Russian servers is moronic.

1.00 USD=50.7648 RUB

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Erwyn" (May 8th 2015, 8:43am)

Friday, May 8th 2015, 11:03am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Again that's currency exchange. Russia is still under sanctions from NATO and the US, so they're economy still is fragile and the need for cheaper products on games is needed since people could be fearful of spending their money on anything other than essentials.
The lowest minimum wage out of EU countries is Bulgaria at 123 euros ($176) per month with Romania a little higher at 153 euros ($219). Luxembourg has the highest minimum wage at 1,642 euros ($2,356). In comparison Russia's average wage is just 97 euros ($139).

So how can you compare the prices we pay with theirs?

Not to mention both sets of servers are run by a different company in different regions of the world with largely different populations, expecting a 1:1 with Russian servers is moronic.

1.00 USD=50.7648 RUB
To further complex everything it's not only about minimum or average wages of each country but the everyday living costs that eat up those wages. It isn't much matter if average wage is for example 850 €/month if living costs takes 845 €/month (includes home expenses, food, regular bills, maybe clothes and travel costs). So the price comparison is virtually impossible just by looking prices.

However, I agree that Allods has become more expensive through the years. 7 crystals for 1 prophetic card key is way too much considering the poor quality prices that the cards have - meaning mirra, gold dust, carnival masks, small mount feed, speck of true light and the sort. The chances of getting those almost useless stuff is so high that it makes keys very overpriced - specially when small mount feed is a free daily quest and mirra + gold dust can be bought easily with in-game gold. You get speck of lights by killing mobs - i know true speck of lights are higher quality, but not that much better that you'd want to spend cash to get them. Price versus quality has suffered in Allods the past 2 or 3 years... quality gets lower but prices higher.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Friday, May 8th 2015, 12:08pm

Erwyn

Trainee

To further complex everything it's not only about minimum or average wages of each country but the everyday living costs that eat up those wages. It isn't much matter if average wage is for example 850 €/month if living costs takes 845 €/month (includes home expenses, food, regular bills, maybe clothes and travel costs). So the price comparison is virtually impossible just by looking prices.

You've just reinforced my point? because the wages are lower the price of "living" is also, and allods bc prices are no exception. The price of items in our server will continue to rise as our population lowers.

Friday, May 8th 2015, 1:03pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

quality gets lower but prices higher.
My thoughts exactly

Friday, May 8th 2015, 4:59pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Hi all,

Bear in mind that the prices are actually equal to the previous sale in December of last year, not higher. They are stable in the face of many improvements to the website, Game Center and integration to games.my.com along the way.

Just food for thought.

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 5:55am

WTB Cards that are 100% random on pick for once, not 99% of getting Mira or the damn Carnival Mask on the first card, and 98% of Gold Dust on the second card.

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 12:26pm

Psoglav

Beginner

Embroidered bag

Is Embroidered bag available only when you reach 3000 strokes or you can get it same as mounts (random or on Stroke of Luck). I tried quite a few times but didn't see it yet.

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 12:59pm

freestile

Professional

you can see it on a random card but it is very rare; i did 17 stroke of luck and saw it only one time (didn't get it unfortunately ^^). And if i'm not wrong the bag appears in the strokes of luck once you got every mounts

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 2:06pm

its unbelievable how many players seem to participate on the prophetic cards, exchange is over 200 now, lol
buying a mount directly from shop would be the better (cheaper) way in most cases

but this type of sale obviously tingles the gambling-sense of ppl a LOT :P

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 2:13pm

Quoted

In comparison Russia's average wage is just 97 euros
its 5 times more if to be exact .

and nothing new about costs for boutique costs, 30 boxes for p2w staff cost ~5 euro. and we need to spend 30 euro there :D
Edera - just nab.
Ruski

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 6:44pm

@ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER well the problems is you CANT simply buy a good mount out of the cs^^ so ppl start to gamble^^

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 6:52pm

It cost me 80k gold and 1€ to get the Rhino. i'm ruined but it's worth it !

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 8:08pm

This event is actually a lot better than most people here are saying. I spend 10k BC on this event and got 13,3k (6,8k worth of BC +-) crystal chips, over 9 mil gold dust, close to 150 potent boxes of each type, a shitton of mirra, mount feed and carnival masks etc. Other than that i got all 3 mounts and the costume. All with all this was well, well worth it and i got far more out of it than i invested.

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 8:41pm

if you want potent potions, mirra, mountfood + masks anyway its maybe worth (?) but i guess most only want the mounts :rolleyes:

@ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER well the problems is you CANT simply buy a good mount out of the cs^^ so ppl start to gamble^^

the best (cheapest regarding price&performance) option would be to wait for the sales like the last one where pegasus was "spammed" and it was in AH for a low price, but i understand most are not patient enough to wait for this
i probably would not be patient enough for this too

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (May 9th 2015, 8:49pm)

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 7:53am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Spend 50€ = 5k crystals and got rhino, moose and yak, 3k cccs, 3,5 million gold dust, lots of elixir boxes, costumes (which most became gold since already had them) but none that I kinda hoped for, carnival masks, june coins, true speck of lights, mount foods etc. But didn't get the cat, which was the sole reason I spend money in this event the first place. Still have some keys left but my hope for getting the cat is like 0.0001%.

But I agree with AO-player there that I too believe most participated purely for the mounts.

I didn't care for the rhino, moose and yak - I wished for the cat (being cutest, it is of course the most expensive mount in Guaranteed prize points (2500), which I can't afford) - but since everything is now bound, unlike long ago - say 3 or more years -, I either had to use or discard the mounts. Spending real money in getting them, so naturally had to buy more stable slots and use them. I miss the time when event and prophetic card prizes weren't bound so you could have sold them in AH. Naturally I understand that would decrease prophetic sale profits as less people would "gamble" in hopes for AH mount sales. But since Cash Shop doesn't offer up-to-date ranked mounts to buy directly, it's very annoying the prophetic card mounts are bound. Lots of people, specially newer players, have no hope to get good mounts unless they are spending lots of money right from the start. I mean, with my rotten luck, I had to spend 250 compasses and cards before I got rhino, 300(ish) when I got moose and over 500 before I got the yak. As I want the cat, I'll try all my compasses to get it... but after 750, still no luck.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Rate this thread