You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 17th 2015, 7:16am

Gear vs Level

Hey. What's up, everyone? I'm new to this game, and I heard this game has some similarities to Runes of Magic. I want to know when it comes to PvP,... or even PvE, does gear make the player's attacks more powerful, or is it level. I'm sure it's a mixture of both, but I want to know if gear and stats have a big role in it.

In Runes of Magic, I used to be a lvl 20, and I would be able to kill lvl 60's and sometimes even higher due to the statted gear I had. And of course, no matter how strong a person's gear is, skill is an imperative factor as well, if not more. I want to know if that concept exists in Allod's, where you can really make an exaggerated low level, or simply be able to one shot someone several levels higher than you due to statted gear.

And, while I'm at it, I might as well ask how is the pvp in this game? Is it open-word, arena (battlefields), siege, or friendly duel only?

Sunday, May 17th 2015, 7:55am

Waffle

Beginner

gear has a required level to wear and the higher the level required the higher the stats on the gear.
most pvp will be at max level with maybe a few fights at lvl 23-29
there is free pvp in most zones as long as the other player has their flag of war raised or you have a war banner(drop from mobs that lets you attack unflagged players that are at most 3 levels lower than you are for 60 mins or until you are killed the war banner also increases the damage you deal by 10% and increases the experience you get for killing other players and marks your location on the map for all other players to see) ther are a few of the leveling zones that are neutral and it is not possible to pvp there.

Sunday, May 17th 2015, 8:07am

Thanks for the reply, Waffle. In a situation where I hit the last level in the game and I have end game gear on and I attack someone my level, then I take all of my gear off and attack that person again, will the damage I dealt the first time with the gear on be drastically different than the second time -- without my gear-- or will the damage points be weaker only by a bit?

Second question, although you did mention that gear has a required level, will I be able to extract higher level stats from the gear, and transfer the stats from the higher level gear to a lower level gear, so that in turn I can make a powerful low level character?

Sunday, May 17th 2015, 8:27am

freestile

Professional

if you take of your gear you will make this person almost no damage.

"Second question, although you did mention that gear has a required level, will I be able to extract higher level stats from the gear, and transfer the stats from the higher level gear to a lower level gear, so that in turn I can make a powerful low level character?"
==> no you can't do this in this game sry ^^

Sunday, May 17th 2015, 4:27pm

Monday, May 18th 2015, 12:07am

Does Allods Online allow for a player to one shot another player who is the same level if the one doing the attacking has better gear than the one being attacked? Secondly, if one person is attacked by another player, and the person being attacked has better gear, can it possible take 20 or more hits for the person being attacked to die because of the defense he/she has in the gear?

Reason for asking is, I would like to know if gear makes a HUGE difference or not if two people of the same level are fighting against each other -- (One with awesome gear, and the other with average or below the average gear).

Monday, May 18th 2015, 12:22am

Kissaki

Trainee

Does Allods Online allow for a player to one shot another player who is the same level if the one doing the attacking has better gear than the one being attacked

Oh yes

Secondly, if one person is attacked by another player, and the person being attacked has better gear, can it possible take 20 or more hits for the person being attacked to die because of the defense he/she has in the gear?

yes

Gear is a huge part in your attack/defence. If you want to see how pvp in Allods is then maybe go check out some videos or something, it'll give you a better idea than people talking :)

Monday, May 18th 2015, 12:29am

Thanks a lot, Kissaki! Sounds like a game I would definitely enjoy playing. Thanks everyone!

Monday, May 18th 2015, 12:41am

ok to clarify this^^ the level doesnt matter at all in allods online^^(but the real game just starts at max lvl anyway everything before this is a tutorial if you ask me^^) its all about gear and yes if you have superior gear you can easily oneshot a low geared player (depents on how much diffrence in gear is) this should also answer your 2 question in some way^^ as an example

in allods there are 6 gearlvl:

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Epic
Legendary
Fable

if you have fable then you can easily slaughter dozens of enemys with Common gear^^ but if you fight someone with legandary for example then he will survive some hits or even win if he plays better than you (or has better cashop or a better class)

i hope this is all you wanted to know^^

Monday, May 18th 2015, 9:22am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

In over all, the gears' quality and level of your character are the main contributions of how good you either kill or die. Then comes Cash Shop - runes, patron 5, extra rubies, extra stat points, extra earring slot and how high quality it is - that makes some end-gamers way out of reach for the rest. And lastly comes the skill of playing.

In example: scouts are over powered class atm in Allods with their dps and I have runes of 8s and 7s - in Asee-Teph (first pvp possible zone at level 23) I was attacked from behind while killing other mobs by an imp warrior of the same level as I was and my scout 1-shot him dead. That fellow's runes were 3s and 2s. If there hadn't been such an imbalance in our runes, he would have killed me. I could kill up to 3 levels higher players, if their runes were very low. The difference, however, is not as great with all classes - it shows well with high dps and control effect classes like scouts, pallies, warriors, mages and psiis considering the low level like Asee-Teph zone. It's a whole another matter when you talk about end-gaming. The runes affect a lot, if you have same gear quality in end-game. So does Patron 5.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 12:02pm

gear > runes > spec > skill

there are some other buffs, but this is the simple version

level matters only as it "allows" you to use certain gear & unlocks more talentpoints & rubies, but in allods as a level 20 you cant even damage a level 65
in allods its possible to become vastly superior due to your equipment

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (May 19th 2015, 12:13pm)