You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 14th 2015, 12:46pm

Global cooldown

Simple question,but could not find answer anywere.

How long is the global cooldown in this game?

Pls don't ask me to measure it casue it's impossible. I think i don't need to explain why.
Muriel - Avarice - Smugglers Paradise - League
http://avariceao.shivtr.com/

Sunday, June 14th 2015, 12:53pm

Buuhuu

Intermediate

Hello,

the global cooldown is 1 second
BAUA POWA!

Sunday, June 14th 2015, 8:25pm

Are you 100% sure, or you just say 1s becasue it says 1s on the skill when u use it?

I'm asknig casue this 1s might be for example 0,8s rounded up to 1s, like with normal cd on skills.

Monday, June 15th 2015, 8:21pm

Drezkian

Beginner

100% sure, and even iv it was .8s its still rounded up to 1s so its gonna be one second no matter what. Any other MMO you play, its gonna be 1 second for the global cool down
"No matter how big or bad you think you are, there's always someone bigger and badder than you."
Drezkian - Xadaganian Warden
544/444 runes

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 9:46am

100% sure, and even iv it was .8s its still rounded up to 1s so its gonna be one second no matter what...
Lol... Am I reading it correctly? Did you just write that 0,8s=1s?

I don't care if it says 1s. I really need to know what's the real value of global cooldown. Thats why I'm asking if u totaly know that it's 1s or you just know that it shows 1s.

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 10:03am

Erwyn

Trainee

Just play naturally and you will develop muscle memory for it.
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 10:15am

Intre

Trainee

Muscle memory=script confirmed!

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 5:55pm

It's not like this. I need to know the number to choose weapon type that fits perfect rotation. I'm really impressed that noone cen confirm whats the time on global cd. Maybe a GM can?

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 11:15pm

what you mean with weapontype for perfect rotation? for melee usually the hardest-hitting weapon is the best since the skills with long CDs profit enourmously from that

melee warden -> 2 handed mace
warrior/paladin -> 2 handed axe (or mace, but axe has higher possible dmg and less energyuse)
melee healer -> 2 handed mace
melee scout -> double axe (or double mace, but axes have higher possible dmg and less energyuse)
bard -> axe (or mace, but axe has higher possible dmg and less energyuse)
scout -> crossbow

exception is if you want to specialize to spam paladins barrier or eliminate mages barriers, then use faster weapons, but these usage is limited and not worth usually in total

(what do you man with global cd? global cd for melee attacks? its always dependent on weaponspeed and thus dynamical)

Thursday, June 18th 2015, 7:39am

Erwyn

Trainee

It's not like this. I need to know the number to choose weapon type that fits perfect rotation. I'm really impressed that noone cen confirm whats the time on global cd. Maybe a GM can?
Perhaps no one knows :D in my experience it changes often depending on the time of day and the population of the server being online. Although I could just be paranoid :S
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Thursday, June 18th 2015, 10:41am

Celinkabouh

Beginner

Erwyn best paranoid p4 and p5 after Black Sabbath.

Thursday, June 18th 2015, 12:32pm

rozetri

Intermediate

It's more than just figuring out the time, not all skills actually trigger global. Sometimes they do trigger it, but not for OTHER skills. In the past, though, patch notes stated that global cooldown was set to 1s. I honestly think it's less than that, something like 0.5 to 0.8s, but the official word unless it was changed somewhere along the line was a 1s global.

[Edit]: Furthermore, if a cooldown lasts longer than global, I think it uses that cooldown instead of the global one. I could be wrong there, but I haven't really bothered testing it to be absolutely sure. A 1s difference can be mostly ignored simply because you can never be 100% perfect with your timing all the time. You have to include some leeway for human response time and reaction to what mobs do.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, June 19th 2015, 12:40pm

Thing is that warden melle skils cd depends on weapon speed. My build is using 2 others (not melee) skills with fixed cd (dont depend on weapon speed). I'm trying to theorycraft which weapon fits my rotation the best. And i need to know global cd timer for this.

My rotation is:
// gc - global cooldown

instant not melee skill ---> (gc) ---> instant not melee skill ---> (gc) ---> instant melee skill ---> (gc) ---> ....

The thing is that i need to pick weapon type with atack speed that fits the roation the best.
If gc is 1s than whole rotation is taking 3s so its the best to pick up weapon with ~3s atack speed.

Friday, June 19th 2015, 1:24pm

Drezkian

Beginner

paired fist weapon, has THE fastest cooldown available to wardens. While slightly weaker, if your looking for a fast weapon, Paired Fist weapons are what you want
"No matter how big or bad you think you are, there's always someone bigger and badder than you."
Drezkian - Xadaganian Warden
544/444 runes

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 12:00am

paired fist weapon, has THE fastest cooldown available to wardens. While slightly weaker, if your looking for a fast weapon, Paired Fist weapons are what you want
Oh good god no. Sadly paired builds are horrible compared to a 2h build.
Also even though it's the fastest weapon it doesn't change the gcd, you might get rsi spamming buttons though.

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 12:22am

well first off pet skills and your skills dont share global cd also i think global cd beetween melee and caster skill (in my testing case flash lighning and hawk strike) is about half a secound

@Venality well actually fist weapons can be used in pve just fine^^ just tested it today and its actually pretty strong seeing it at a trainingsdoll O.o still have to test it in a raid situation but on paper its nice :D

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 1:12am

in global.cfg there are the following lines; maybe this is relevant.... ?

sys_gc_interval=0
sys_gc_skip_date=0
sys_gc_transition=0

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 3:59am

Kissaki

Trainee

1. Forget about all this Global Cooldown nonsense.

2. Pick whichever weapon looks coolest.

3. Win.

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 6:37am

well first off pet skills and your skills dont share global cd also i think global cd beetween melee and caster skill (in my testing case flash lighning and hawk strike) is about half a secound

@Venality well actually fist weapons can be used in pve just fine^^ just tested it today and its actually pretty strong seeing it at a trainingsdoll O.o still have to test it in a raid situation but on paper its nice :D
Honestly I'd like to see you use it compared to a 2h build. If you show me a dps meter (on average) that's better than a 2h build I'll shut up.