You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 15th 2015, 8:39pm

Drezkian

Beginner

• "Drezkian" started this thread

More positive player given effects

Would like to see more buffs in the game, the auras are nice but them being the only one, and with multiple classes able to give certain ones (EX: Aura of Ferocity can be given by paladin, warrior, scout, warden and bard) theres not a lot of uses for some of the classes. Wardens used to have a form of that in that their "beers" (herbal tea) used to be able to be given to other players, so they had access to at least 5 charges of a nice big heal at any time they needed, now in order for a class to get the heal they have to group with a warden (which was kind of a nerf)

So im proposing increasing how man buffs there are that classes can give. For example, Mages control fire, electricity, and ice so why not give them a spell that can be cast on other players that boost the resistance of those spells? Burning Shield, Crackling Shield, or even Frost Shield.

Wardens are attuned to nature, so give them a thorns or bee shield kind of spell that deals a flat amount of damage (based on level, for instance a lvl1 under the effect of the spell would only deal 5 - 10 damage with the shield, but a lvl65 would deal 3k - 5k). Shield of Thorns or something like that.

Healers help keep players alive, so give them a weaker version of aura of health. The aura is still more powerful then the buff that a priest can give, thus its still worth sinking points into for the classes that can give it. Make it increase a flat amount of HP, based on the wardens damage shield spell, a flat increase of 500 HP at lvl1 and an increase of 20k at lvl65.

These all can be changed and worked around more to my.coms liking but i feel it would add more spice to the game, and would allow certain classes (such as the warden, i sadly dont see many of them running around) to be useful again. and those three classes are just examples. Im sure something else could be thought of thats better then what i just came up with off the top of my head once more thought is given.

Click the spoiler to see how you could possibly go about getting the spell

Spoiler Spoiler

Now, how would someone go about getting these new spells? Well a simple quest line of course. The first quest, doable around lvl15, unlocks the first rank of the ability. 3 second cast time, 15% of total mana/40% of total energy and a 3 minute cooldown.

Another quest, doable around level 25, unlocks rank 2. 2.5s cast time, 10% total mana/35% total energy and a 2 minute cooldown.

The final quest, doable around level 35, unlocks rank 3. 2s cast time 5% total mana/25% total energy and a 1m cooldown.

Each rank of the spell lasts 30 minutes so the only real reason to do the quests after unlocking it would be to lower cast time, cooldown, and resource usage.

Let me know what you guys think, theses are just some roough ideas off the top of my head
"No matter how big or bad you think you are, there's always someone bigger and badder than you."
Drezkian - Xadaganian Warden
544/444 runes

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 8:42am

Nandita

Intermediate

This will result in new Cash Shop Scrolls. :D

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 10:20am

Gramarye

Professional

This will result in new Cash Shop Scrolls.

like always :P

Anyway I agree the current Auras arent perfect but I would just remove them and add custom buffs for every class. Most times people prefer stronger classes for getting the buffs into their party (for example: mage over Psi for seal). If every class get individual Buffs maybe this would make the constellation of raids or parties more balanced.
However the chance they change something about this is very very low

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 11:06am

Most times people prefer stronger classes for getting the buffs into their party (for example: mage over Psi for seal)

This isn't 5.0 anymore, which one of those two is stronger actually turned completely around now. Unless people still prefer what they think is stronger.

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 12:03pm

Gramarye

Professional

dam just and example. Means it havent to be still true qq

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 12:50pm

dam just and example. Means it havent to be still true qq

From what I see differences between classes are much smaller now than they used to be in 5.0, certainly not big enough to choose one over the other. At least between those who compete for same buff slot like Scout/Engineer or Mage/Psi.

Still the thought people might be basing their choice on facts from previous season that are outdated now is kinda scary.

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 3:37pm

For example, Mages control fire, electricity, and ice so why not give them a spell that can be cast on other players that boost the resistance of those spells?

xadaganian raceskill of mages can be casted on other players, even if they are not in your group
if a physical attack occurs the attacker will be thrown back 8o

Healers help keep players alive, so give them a weaker version of aura of health. The aura is still more powerful then the buff that a priest can give, thus its still worth sinking points into for the classes that can give it. Make it increase a flat amount of HP, based on the wardens damage shield spell, a flat increase of 500 HP at lvl1 and an increase of 20k at lvl65.

healers have rubies that heal every partymember when they recieve a fanaticism stack

other examples:

- bards have songs that prevent CCs or heal the whole grp; although its not a real aura it still works like one
- bards can use "damagereflect" on whole grp with certain rubies (acoustic barrier)

----------

as for classbalance:
its completely different now, and at least for me it always taks quite some time (and watching) before i get a "feeling" about what classes are superior etc...
it also feels like the classes are much more even now, but im not sure about this since i do not have enough experience with patch 6.1 as for now

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 16th 2015, 3:44pm)

Thursday, June 25th 2015, 7:53pm

This will result in new Cash Shop Scrolls. :D
Yeah I would like to have Seal of 50% with epic scroll from Cash Shop (1000 crystals) and Seal with 100% with fablet scroll(10,000 crystals).

Maybe it would help at raids and the price it would be to use only at the raids, not every arena pvp.