You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 10:31am

Pledge of Punishment lvl 65

I want to support my guild as much as possible, so that also means doing most of the guild quests. I can't finish the Pledge of Punishment without being ganked by some bloke with 77k gs whilst I merely have 48k gs currently. Since upgrading equipment isn't quite the speediest occupation in the game I'm really annoyed that I won't be able to do guild quests at ease without being ganked all the time by members of the other faction paying a visit every minute to see if there are some people to gank. If I want to PvP or get attacked in the back I would queue up for a battleground, when I'm doing guild quests I want to do guild quests.

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 12:08pm

Nandita

Intermediate

Maybe build a group with your Guildmembers or other people that run around. The problem with ganking is that most Players need a 100% success chance to kill you before they attack. If you catch up with Equip and maybe cs they come with a pesonal heal. If you kill heal and then this asshole they come with personal heal and personal Tank. If you still kill all of them they will respawn and come again as fast as possible. Then you have everything on cd and they finally kill you and spam emotes. I can only say I have much respect for so much skill. :D

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 4:36pm

yeah there are many faggots running around killing lowies^^ and sadful there is no way to prevent this ;( you can try to flock up with some other low equipped players but then the high equipped players will just aoe you the only thing you can try is to take a high equipped player with you cuz most ppl who need to smack lowies lose in a 1 vs 1 against an equal equipped player :D

Thursday, June 18th 2015, 3:05pm

get the free respawn item in KOE, end of story, death no longer matters
it only lasts for 1h though and costs 100 emblems... won't help much in the long run.

Thursday, June 18th 2015, 6:15pm

well even with low gear it shouldnt take over 1 hour to kill 20 mobs O.o

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 12:03am

It's not that hard to believe that some quests are pve and some quests are pvp. Like some content is strictly pve and some content is strictly pvp. I see people more than often complain about these things but still they queue for pvp instances and when someone tells them to gear up it's like:"This is part of the game isn't it.".
Suck it up, gear up, try again.

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 11:19am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

The problem is there's no pve alternative choice for the task. I hate pvp - I try avoiding it every way possible - thus I don't do KoE's guild daily or skirmishes. It's also annoying most gold and amalgams are gained through pvp content. Earning them via pve tasks is twice as hard in my opinion but at least there's a possibility for it when in that particular guild daily task after reaching 65, isn't.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Sunday, June 21st 2015, 9:54pm

guild task is to kill x mobs, right? so just activate the respawnitem (gained by pve) kill the mobs (pve) and done
if someone want to force you to pvp ignore him
most players do not camp there and wait to kill you 100 times, and IF such an enemy appears you still can kill some mobs before you die from his attacks

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 5:40am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

guild task is to kill x mobs, right? so just activate the respawnitem (gained by pve) kill the mobs (pve) and done
if someone want to force you to pvp ignore him
most players do not camp there and wait to kill you 100 times, and IF such an enemy appears you still can kill some mobs before you die from his attacks
It's pve that forces flag of war open indicating readiness for pvp. I got fed up after being killed so many times that I didn't get the 20 mobs needed within the hour I had the item from KoE on. That's when I said to myself "enough is enough, I won't bother with it anymore". And no, you can't kill mobs, if you get 2-shot like I did. There's always some *peep* ppl stalking to gank lower geared players doing dailies. And that includes both factions. I'm sure there are similar *peep* persons on League doing the same for imps as well.

It gets *peep* tired to respawn over and over and over and over again just to kill 1 mob at a time. It's a waste of time for someone who doesn't even like pvp. And I'm not interested spending my entire day looking for a moment when there would be "calm" enough for the quest. So my tactic is to ignore the whole quest - end of story ^^
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 7:46pm

Oh yeah I'll just die a couple of times and it's fine right? Judging by most of the given replies. PvE and PvP should be SEPERATE. Don't shuv PvP down my throat so cheaply!

Monday, June 22nd 2015, 7:48pm

IAmGroot

Professional

o.o you don't expect to ever die in this game?

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 8:33am

o.o you don't expect to ever die in this game?
You can die in PvE aswell by a mob. I don't fancy getting ganked every other minute whilst doing a guild quest. KOE is absolutely infested by members of the opposite faction.

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 2:19pm

Either try with patience if this Q is really this important for you or - what Gwiniel said - skipping and finish...
the most reasonable thing here

"forcing" players into pvp is part of the concept to bring entertainment for the strongest players, so basically the weak ones are the toys for the strong ones
i gain lulz from this too and im not ashamed of doing so

btw its a good motivation for the weak ones to get stronger

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 2:49pm

I would say it's more of a motivation for weak players not to ever PvP. It does not make them want to get stronger, it makes them want to quit.

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 3:12pm

a fellow player once wrote something like "its a noobfilter, those who are eternal losers and put no effort in becoming stronger get filtered"

do you want to read my story of asee teph?
...but it was not an unnecessary guildquest, it was leveling, the elemental part of this game

when i started this game with 2-1-1 1-1-1 runes and nothing else? when i got oneshotted (really) several times? when i played a class that was inferior to all others that time? and how it made me strong, because i had enough willpower to play with endurance until i got as strong as the ones oneshotted me and stronger...?
there could have been no better motivation for me than seeing its actually possible to oneshot players

if you dont enjoy this, maybe there is a large part of the game not fitting for you
this game is about the strong ones killing the weak ones, but the weak ones are able to get strong too, its just a matter of will
i like this...

Tuesday, June 23rd 2015, 3:27pm

Rinoa

Beginner

One shotting no gear players is maybe fun if you're not capable of killing anyone of your level. Sad face.

I've got no idea though how can you have so many problems with this quest. Anytime I do it or run past this area, random times of day, I see max 1-2 players and that's rare already, usually there's none. oO
But anyway, if it's so bad you absolutely cannot do your quest or leave it for later, another thing you could try to do is shout in world chat about it, chance is someone high geared is bored enough to kill some <I'd rather not say> in KOE, some people seem to hang around KOE a lot. ;)

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 9:57am

Grimpf

Trainee

I like playing my psi and im good geard atm, but i avoid this quest too.

Im in a pve pyro build most of the time and stuck in pvp with a psi in a pyro build is a real pain in the a...

If i switch to pvp build (i dont like doing quest in pvp build) and there is a opposite player, who wants pvp, im not able to do a simple quest, cauz im stuck in pvp. I want to choose by myself - pvp or pve and thats not possibel for that quest so i let it be.

CU

Grimpf

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 10:31am

there could have been no better motivation for me than seeing its actually possible to oneshot players
What's fun in oneshoting others? Is this a way to recompensate loses agains equally geared players?
if you dont enjoy this, maybe there is a large part of the game not fitting for you
this game is about the strong ones killing the weak ones, but the weak ones are able to get strong too, its just a matter of will
i like this...
Ha ha... "stron ones"... "weak ones". You should just write: "heavy CS players" and "no CS players that are not spending 80% of like online".

P.S. There is p2p server and it's much better. I did not met anyone that regrets switchint to p2p, even ppl with heavy CS items. P2P is pure about skill. Even as fresh 65 you will not be oneshoted in p2p. You should give it a shot.
Muriel - Avarice - Smugglers Paradise - League
http://avariceao.shivtr.com/

Friday, June 26th 2015, 11:24pm

What's fun in oneshoting others?

the act of killing the enemy, imagining there is someone biting into his keyboard right now or gettign really angry
it has to do with sadism (& trolling?) a bit, and since i think its not OK to act this way in RL i even more love to do it in internetgames

Is this a way to recompensate loses agains equally geared players?

doing equal fights where only skill matters is one thing, but becoming vastly superior to a big part of the total population is a whole other thing
i am NOT playing allods because i want "fair" fights
i play allods because i want UNFAIR fights and i enjoy them; some players are ashamed of this and do not want to state this public but i am not
for me, personally, having a big advantage (gear & runes & items) beside skill and knowledge its the "reward" for playing a long time

Ha ha... "stron ones"... "weak ones". You should just write: "heavy CS players" and "no CS players that are not spending 80% of like online".

strong ones is a synonym for those with high gearscore runes and good items, mostly veterans
weak ones is a synonym for those without high gearscore runes and good items, mostly rookies or those who do not play seriously
its NOT obligatory to use $ or farm 24:7, just play for a long time in total and the game will reward you
i know this and can judge it because i have done it this way myself ;)

Rate this thread