You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 16th 2015, 8:43pm

Drezkian

Beginner

• "Drezkian" started this thread

2h melee build

Working on a 2h melee build for my warden, with a huge focus on making the pet my tank for when im solo'ing. This is what i have so far in mind
Link to the build[/size]

I know i could do better on it, i just dont know where. I wanna grab rank 3 of Heigtened Senses, lowers armor penalty of aura of ferocity and increases my armor. I know its more a quality of life ruby, and if need be i could live with a 10% armor reduction.

Another ruby i want to get is Combat Trick, but i dont wanna go through Second Wind (see that as more a PvP escape kind of ruby) or Steady Feet (again, see that more of a PvP ruby). Should i just go through the empty space and grab combat trick?

I got more questions but ill ask them as i get others answered, dont wanna swarm people with questions and NO i will not be a caster warden, i wanna be melee, and ive settled on 2h mace (who doesnt like swinging a hammer the size of a small child?)
"No matter how big or bad you think you are, there's always someone bigger and badder than you."
Drezkian - Xadaganian Warden
544/444 runes

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Jun 16th 2015, 9:04pm) with the following reason: link

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 12:09am

reeah19

Intermediate

as melee id take determ, tenacity, and no armour penalty rubies...
i doubt that pet will be able to take agro

30s cd for combat blow imo is ok, but u can always get that blank ruby since it saves u more.

with a pally reinc and charge skill from it the ccs are annoying as hell :))

haven't tried melee in a very very long time tho, because caster was way better, especially in astral having 1 more melee is usually annoying.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 1:46pm

Drezkian

Beginner

took combat heat because i dont like the seemingly random nature of getting combat wit to stack, at least with Combat Heat i cant a stack every 8 seconds while im in combat, and with how often a quest has you killing something (or once i get to asee) the nature of the zone, with its random PvP, knowing i dont have to worry about the buff going away in the middle of a fight if i have 8 stacks is just to much of a peace of mind thing.

Looked at your skeleton build and its lacking some rubies for surviving. No herbal teas (48% heal with medley mastery), No Vital Source (15 more points into vitality), only rank one of enhanced reflexes (maxxed out its 15% dodge increase). You seemed to be too focused on the pet dealing as much damage as possible with rubies, and even for a skeleton build the only thing i could plan off is talents.

This is a skeleton build i went off of.
"No matter how big or bad you think you are, there's always someone bigger and badder than you."
544/444 runes

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 10:11pm

The first thing you'd do is get 4 stacks of any kind, right? Then you use vortex or hawks (can be both rank 1 w/e) and then shred on that searing pain (can also be rank 1 if you so please), and bam, you will have 7 stacks of whatever. Much faster and less rubies than getting stacks every 8 seconds.
How does he get open wounds for that in the first place? Lightning strike with his build has a low chance to proc disbalanced and causes Static Charge, and Boar Blow has a 30 second cooldown.

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 10:45pm

Drezkian

Beginner

my plan is to try and fit Combat Trick (lowers boar blows cooldown) into my rubies, thus lowering to from 30s to hopefully something more manageable
544/444 runes

Friday, June 19th 2015, 8:58am

This build is pretty inefficient. There are two types of viable melee builds at this moment, one with max clout/max flash lightning and other with flash lightning/static elecitricity rubies/hawk strike combo. Just look through PMB entries for melee builds in 6.0 and you will find at least two very good builds.
In your build you lack off-balance from flash lightning for making every grab! doing almost double damage. Boars blow is not good enough, too long CD and off-balance state lasts only 2 sec. With making your targets all the time off balanced you will get your pet making around 50% of overall damage, and then you dont need additional rubies to make him tank, he will do that with its own DPS. Rip! is unnecesary, one Grab makes more damage than this attack and Rip is only for PVP. Better invest those rubies in Bear's blow, you lack any kinf od AOE and in full melee build bear's blow is very good. Aqua vitae is nerfed in new patch and even with r3 and 3 rubies invested it will heal you for miserable 20% HP which is total crap. Most wardens ditched aqua vitae after new patch, except for full heal builds. You are also missing the most important pet rubies for lowering CD of pets abilites. How do you expect your pet to make dps with longer CDs for all attacks? There are more bad solutions but no need to get over all of them. This build has too many flaws, better to look in PMBs for melee builds already tested and proved to be very good.

PS
combat wit and static charges are not random stacking. First attack in combat will get you one stack depending on type of attack. After that you need to get full rotation (off-balance, open wound, pain shock, shred) and after shred you get 3 more stacks but only if you finished whole rotation. In next rotation you will also get 1 stack from first attack so at the end of whole rotation with shred you should have 8 stacks.

Rate this thread