You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 10:45am

who is happy with mages?

I wont sick and tıred to open thıs topıc even ıf u banned my messages..

I want to ask all mage players on p2p are u happy wıth your classes? why there ıs almost no mage? ı really wonder it.

Game masters or whoever responsıble for thıs class balance ,thınks everthıng is ok with thıs balance? ı thınk no, you should nerf agaın mage rıght?because stıll there ıs a few mage player u should destroy them too..

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 10:57am

Mage is fine, i'm perfectly happy playing it. I guess people don't like how squishy it becomes if you can't keep you barriers up & distance. Requires focus to play, that's why I like it.
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 11:12am

I'm mostly happy with my mage as well.

Really only have about two issues with them:
1.) In PvE it's pretty boring and sometimes annoying due to the long casting time channeling spells (which in certain fights tend to be interrupted).
2.) In PvP the burst damage is rather unreliable, very much based on the luck you have with criticals, damage range and such. And it does vary a lot over here, ranging from barely scratching enemies with a burst combination of about 5-6 skills to being able to 2-3 hit geared enemies from full HP.

Being squishy doesn't really bother me, we can still manage for a while with invisibility and flash (unless it lags/glitches), although I'd sill prefer being able to stand some hits rather than getting stupidly broken skills as Portal (I mean, it shouldn't work if your target is in combat). Even something that indirectly helps you to survive could work - such as proper CC skills, not only slows. Currently we have Icy Grave and Conflagration that could prevent most enemies from attacking us, but Icy Grave is pretty much always interrupted in Cargallas due to the large amount of NPCs.

Also I'd like to see more use for Dispel. In PvP it's rather long casting time with most likely no effect (as nothing indicates if a Seal for example can be dispelled). In PvE it's pretty much only used now against the Astral Guardians buffs in astral from what I know. You can't for example remove the "drum buffs" on Sorcery Workshop allod or anything like that.

Edited to add more thoughts on the topic.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hiren" (Jun 17th 2015, 11:21am)

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 12:18pm

freestile

Professional

"stupidly broken skills as Portal (I mean, it shouldn't work if your target is in combat)"
==> thx I finaly understand why it doesn't work 50% times if not more :thumbdown: , why didn't they fix it? Is it normal or just bugged? ?(

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 12:52pm

"stupidly broken skills as Portal (I mean, it shouldn't work if your target is in combat)"
==> thx I finaly understand why it doesn't work 50% times if not more , why didn't they fix it? Is it normal or just bugged?
I meant broken as in terms of mechanics. I don't really have problems with it, other than it sort of ruins balance in some PvP.

If it doesn't work in PvP it's usually because your target can't be targeted for whatever reasons (invisible, changing zones, in Ghostly Cover, et cetera). Also sometimes in Cargallas players glitch, showing them "Far away" on the party. They'll be completely invisible to you and you can't even target them.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 3:14pm

i am not happy with the removal of the manarestore from illusions :(
on freetoplay it does not matter if you have manaregain from carnifex but on subscription its annoying

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 7:43pm

TY for your all answers but ı mean 1 vs 1 ın gıpat agaıns warden or summy or paladıne or mistic do we have a chance reaaly?

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 7:45pm

we could not defeat almost any classess ın 1 vs 1 on arena..without reınc skills almost ımpossıble to kıll anorher class(mıstıc paladıne warden summy bard) almost ımpossıble

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 10:38pm

we could not defeat almost any classess ın 1 vs 1 on arena..without reınc skills almost ımpossıble to kıll anorher class(mıstıc paladıne warden summy bard) almost ımpossıble
True, due to the nature of Mages you most likely won't be able to win most of 1v1 fights if any. It really has to do with random damage, squishiness and lack of CC.
On the other hand, aside from open world PvP, 1vs1 isn't really all that important. For Cargallas and dominions you have your Portal which makes you pretty much invaluable asset to your team when it comes to capturing. You can also jump right on your friendlies to burst down an enemy with a mark within seconds after respawning.
Slows are really helpful in hunting down Flag carriers and people who are trying to run away. Having lots of instant and fast casting skills is also really helpful, not to mention the fact that you can cast Icy Comets/Icy Meteors without line of sight (that can be quite huge advantage on Cargallas with all the sawmills, houses and tree trunks).
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Wednesday, June 17th 2015, 11:10pm

yes against summoner, mistik and warden its really hard, i agree
summoner especially due to his dots! (but summoner always was mages archenemy)
however with all defenserubies and ccs its still possible :)

Thursday, June 18th 2015, 3:05am

ImaMania

Trainee

Penance plays a healer or a psy. Nuff said? :P