You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 19th 2015, 9:39pm

Poll: League vs Empire - Who would actually win?

What country would actually triumph, in the real world?

A total of 38 Votes have been submitted.

76%

Empire (29)

24%

League (9)

Hello everybody! ^^

Just as the title suggests, I want to know who
would, in your opinion, win the ‘never-ending’ war between the 2 ‘Allods’
factions in the real world.

Please try not to be biased and vote for a
certain country just because you’re playing in it within game.

Just to clarify some issues:

·
All the ‘magic’ such as the
class abilities or the portals are seen as technological advancement;
·
The astral is a bit more
complicated, but let’s just think that each faction controls a huge
archipelagos and most battles take place on the archipelago in-between their
territories;
·
Gods DO NOT exist;
·
Tep Cultists, Vampires etc. do
pose a threat for everybody; think of them as some kind of terrorists;
·
Third party members (Historians,
Free Traders, Umoir, etc.) also exist, and have significant impact over the
League’s and the Empire’s politics;
·
The races are there just how
they are portrayed in the game (well, more orless, since some designs aren’t
realistic); bottom line is that yes, Empire des recruit huge dummies and League
does feature tiny, furry, fighting triplets;
Now, let me make it clear what exactly each
of these countries represents.

Empire

·
Communist ideologies
·
Highly industrialized
·
Planned economy
·
Poor when it comes to resources
·
Technological advancement,
largely due to the fact that they spend most of their money on science and defense
·
Generally offensive on the
battlefield
·
Impressive weapons, but not
that much manpower, at least compared to the League
·
Their relationships with third
party members are fine
·
Controls its citizens through
propaganda and terror

League

·
Actually not a single country,
but an alliance between Kania and the Elven Kingdom; the gibberligs are pretty
much just a small bonus to the army and workforce
·
Feudalist ideologies
·
Very rich in resources
·
Keeps the population under control
through the church; unfortunately, this is also the reason for their rather
slow technological advancement
·
Has huge manpower, but not very
strong weapons, at least compared to the Empire.
·
Very powerful defense

Friday, June 19th 2015, 9:51pm

mhh iam pretty sure the empire would easily wipe out the league^^ but on what are you basing your comment of the league having more manpower? i mean look at novograd its a teeny weeny city? while nezeb is an actual city^^

Friday, June 19th 2015, 10:49pm

mhh iam pretty sure the empire would easily wipe out the league^^ but on what are you basing your comment of the league having more manpower? i mean look at novograd its a teeny weeny city? while nezeb is an actual city^^
In Coba Plateau, you can see that the League gets tons of troops to help them, whereas the Empire's numbers are much lowers (and also feature a lot of traitors and anarchists).

Also, I wouldn't be that sure about the Empire winning so easely. Sure, they are technologiacally advanced and seem to be way more ambitious, BUT...

The League lands are similar to the ones of the real life Russian Federation, and history has prooved that no army was ever able to wistand that. Also, Empire's economy system is a total failure. Planned economy ended up collapsing each and every time and that would really put an end to Yasker's reign...

Saturday, June 20th 2015, 2:32pm

Thursday, June 25th 2015, 4:01pm

Demons :D

[Paradisos] :love:
I know my signature is old, but I like it.

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 2:51pm

Cortath

Trainee

The League. Since we're comparing Allods to RL, then remember the Roman Empire, the British Empire, the Russian Empire, the Ottoman Empire. Where are they now? Yes, they were ambitious and powerful and rose to great heights... But they all got drunk on that power, blindfolded themselves with arrogance and crumbled. Free people always formed alliances (read "leagues") for common prosperity and greater good, which still exist and continue making the world (IC: Sarnaut) a better place.
May Tensess have mercy on your soul, for I shall have none.

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 6:41pm

ähm lol even all those nice alliances are crumbling too^^ and in their time thos empires always won...until they got destroyed (many hundrets of years later !) the roman empire were raping every oh so peaceful cuntry around them ;D

Sunday, August 9th 2015, 11:03pm

Controls its citizens through
propaganda and terror
(@Empire)

while they DO have propaganda i would not call it terror, the habitants of empire seem to understamd how important it is that they work together
they DO have spys everywhere (commitee) but they all have good intentions (for example the storyline where yasker tested if they are corrupted and the result was noone is because they all believe in the ideals of the empire)

i also remember when yasker said something like "i wont decide this myself i want all my consultants / advisors be OK with it too etc

yasker seems to be a good leader who is not interested in gold / power for himself primary but who is into welfare and glory for his ppl

aidenus also seems to care for his ppl but from reading almost every questtext in the game i got the impression that in empire things run much better simply due to the attitude of most ppl (remember, only problems they had were little streetcrimes at the beginning of the stroyline, and they were solved fast by killing all the criminals)

as for the main question, actually there wont be a final victory most likely for a long time, but in the end, due the attitude and all the results of this attitude, empire would win some day i guess

(one man with proper moral is more worth than 5 without any moral at all)

Monday, August 10th 2015, 1:08pm

ImaMania

Trainee

a conflict side which supports and pushes...ekhm..."male-elf" kind of relationships and has already degraded in the minds of it's citezens is meant to be purified.
like: g..."male-elves" cannot be drafted, female elves will be either depressed ("I BROKE MY COLOR NAILS!") or any other non-combat mind stance (like "WOW THOSE ORKS ARE SOOOOO BIIIIIIG EVERYWHERE" or "I'M THE GREATEST!"), which is not good for troops moral at all, gibs will be always drunk and always lost, and can't fight if they are less then 3 from 1 spawn, and kanians are sort of separated nation with "working ppl" and "noble separatists"...and no commitie to look after. so a gg, while empire can deploy a full regiment on the battlefield, lig, with all it's "population", will barelly have a good enough platoon, tops.
as for economy: while planned economy can be easilly oriented for miliary needs with best quality/price rate, the privatised one will only seek the opportunity to get some extra coin, providing cheap weapons for high price, demanding some extra gold for "elvish, bish!" brand or "gibberlingproof" trademark;
so ye, in the end :a new luna-park with black-jack and elves: coming soon. and for some reason i bet that those kanians who got incredible rich by making gold on that war, will become empire citizens for some slight fee :P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ImaMania" (Aug 10th 2015, 1:18pm)

Monday, August 10th 2015, 3:20pm

need A name

Intermediate

The League. Since we're comparing Allods to RL, then remember the Roman Empire, the British Empire, the Russian Empire, the Ottoman Empire. Where are they now? Yes, they were ambitious and powerful and rose to great heights... But they all got drunk on that power, blindfolded themselves with arrogance and crumbled. Free people always formed alliances (read "leagues") for common prosperity and greater good, which still exist and continue making the world (IC: Sarnaut) a better place.
To just add something to this:

I can remember good what Yasker told me by ending the raidquest of DC. He swarms about how powerful and big the empire would be with the power you had found in deadcity. He also mentions, that with this power the league wouldn't be any problem anymore and that the empire would experience a long age of glory and wealth.

BUT:

Then he just stops himself dreaming about this to come back to reality. He expresses the disadvantages about such might, and here he says exactly the same things as you: That the empire would become drunken on all that power, too big to be organized and that there would just be too many conflicts inside the empire.
In the end, he doesn't even punish the player for acting on his own beating Nihaz with that power, but only concludes, that such a power should only be used by gods.

So, as you can see, Yasker isn't that dumb to reign his empire. I mean, the experiences he made on Kirah also matures him and made him a lot wiser ('cause there was also a similiar allymighty power, the dragon heart, in the war between both factions).
"Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidtiy...I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, August 11th 2015, 7:11am

I do hope that u r right but u can't base ur answer on the history. we r "free ppl" for only 200-300 years (depends on the country) wereas those empires rulled for many centuries. as u said the alliances r based on common interest, i hope it will endure the harsh times when common prosperity is not achieved (which will come sooner or later).

Tuesday, August 11th 2015, 2:31pm

As far as I know, League players have a bit more casual approach to this game, as they probably have lives outside of it and most of the time, prefer to engage in real life experiences. And imperial players - treat this game more seriously and most of the time their lives focus on and around allods and not real life experiences.
So it's quite easy to assume people who actually have engagement in actual real life experiences would be able to survive longer in difficult situations like war as oppose to those who live in their imaginary allods worlds.

Tuesday, August 11th 2015, 3:26pm

Quoted

As far as I know, League players have a bit more casual approach to this game, as they probably have lives outside of it and most of the time, prefer to engage in real life experiences. And imperial players - treat this game more seriously and most of the time their lives focus on and around allods and not real life experiences.
So it's quite easy to assume people who actually have engagement in actual real life experiences would be able to survive longer in difficult situations like war as oppose to those who live in their imaginary allods worlds.

LOL :thumbsup:

iam pretty sure he means ingame war... but hey why not bite the trollbait :D

ignoring the insult you made against every imperial player you could also say league ppl are more lax while empire ppl strive harder for victory and in a war the first one to strike is mostly the winner...

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 7:31am

ImaMania

Trainee

For some imperial players even pregnancy isn't an issue, allods > all.

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 9:03pm

IAmGroot

Professional

This sounds like something a casual player would say.

Friday, September 25th 2015, 1:44am

Anyone who thinks the empire would win, does not understand that extremely important part of this kind of battle.

The empire could get a very long way when it comes to brute strength, but if you think that that's what it takes to win a war like this, you've not been paying attention to what some wiser people have said:

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

Don't be surprised if at the moment the empire is about to deliver the final blow, somewhere some tiny little gibberling found a way to destroy the empire from the inside, and all your vile orcs and undead abominations will flee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyzE9thQIPo

Friday, September 25th 2015, 1:09pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

I'd still have my money on the Empire.

The League certainly has their own fair share of military achievements and accomplishments - but their mindset is very different to the warmachine of unity that is the Empire. Empire don't have any side-factors such as 'unwavering faith in the light' as a high point - they're all about discipline, unity and the militant lifestyle.

Don't pretend like the Empire is incapable of being sneaky (regarding above 'destroyed from within' by 'lone Gibberling' comment -- those tactics go both ways, with League being more abusable due to their faith). Excluding Pridens, you can put all three League races into question - whereas in Empire, all except maybe the Arisen, are gunning for the fight.

A straight up war - no politics, no holy (or otherwise) distractions - would see the Empire pip the League to the winning post by a small margin. The raw brute strength factor would only smooth some of the rough edges, not win it by itself.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Sep 25th 2015, 1:16pm)

Monday, October 19th 2015, 6:18am

I'd still have my money on the Empire.

The League certainly has their own fair share of military achievements and accomplishments - but their mindset is very different to the warmachine of unity that is the Empire. Empire don't have any side-factors such as 'unwavering faith in the light' as a high point - they're all about discipline, unity and the militant lifestyle.

Don't pretend like the Empire is incapable of being sneaky (regarding above 'destroyed from within' by 'lone Gibberling' comment -- those tactics go both ways, with League being more abusable due to their faith). Excluding Pridens, you can put all three League races into question - whereas in Empire, all except maybe the Arisen, are gunning for the fight.

A straight up war - no politics, no holy (or otherwise) distractions - would see the Empire pip the League to the winning post by a small margin. The raw brute strength factor would only smooth some of the rough edges, not win it by itself.

You fail to understand my point of view. I'm not basing my idea on straight-up war strategy, but on the obvious similarities Allods lore has in it's setting and in it's arch types with several major iconic fantasy franchises, and the message people like J.R.R Tolkien and George Lucas tried to pass on in the way they ended their stories.

Quoted

the warmachine of unity that is the Empire. They're all about discipline, unity and the militant lifestyle.

Yeah so were Emperor Palpatine and his stormtroopers, and Sauron and his armies of Orcs and Urukai. Look where that got them. That's all i'm saying.

Quoted

you can put all three League races into question

Not from a archetypal point of view.

Quoted

...the Elves; Immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings

I, the elf Minoli Dragonberry, tell you:

Amin sinta thaliolle e dagor, mellonamin, uuma dela. Lle naa belegohtar. Amin uuma malia.

...Lle merna salk? ^___^

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Minoli Dragonberry" (Oct 19th 2015, 4:09pm)

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 12:28pm

Salleen

Beginner

League would win because we are the prettiest girls and boys, that is clear!

Rate this thread