You are not logged in.

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 2:54pm

A few questions.

Hi! I've been looking for a new game to play for a while and I remembered that I used to play allods online, I loved that game but stopped playing it because most of my friends were playing wow so I went there too.We are willing to start allods online we are aware that this is a pay-to-win game but I have a few questions before we start lvling up:
1)First of all whats the difference between the free server and the subscription based one or are they all one server but the subscribers get more content ?
2)Which server has the most population(if there are 2 or more) (EU here)
3)Should we buy runes along as we lvl up or when we hit a certain lvl
4)Where can we find class builds and stuff ?
Thats it for now I'll ask later for more :P thanks in advance.

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 3:17pm

IAmGroot

Professional

1.) Difference between p2p and f2p is one you pay to play and one you can technically play for free. (Not really, but I have to be technical)
The P2P has no cash shop that you can enhance your player in any way, you only pay to be able to play, all other content is unlocked.
The F2P has a cash shop that you can pay to enhance your player in a multitude of different ways, all content is unlocked as well.

2.) The F2P server has a significant amount more players (somewhere between 75-90% more players).

3.) Purchasing runes from early on is a good idea, it makes getting to end game much easier and faster. There is also an item called a Miraculous Ark that you can purchase that would instantly level you up to level 60 and give you a set of level 5 runes. That being said, I wouldn't actually suggest this to a new player. Why? Because you don't experience the game play, you don't learn how to play your character. You don't read your rubies, your talents, skills, etc. and become a good player. Also, regardless of being level 60, you'll have to go back to all the zones anyways and do a good majority of the quests because there are things called "World Mysteries" in this game and they allow you to get more rubies and skills.

4.) Go to the Archetypes section on the forum.

That's all I got, no more for later. I'm sure Allods Online Player will tell you all you need to know pretty soon. :whistling:

Edit: To be fair, I play and always will play the F2P server. But I can honestly say...if this game would have had a subscription server from the beginning, when I started...I would definitely have played the P2P server. But, for now, it remains a desolate wasteland with a few people here and there. Hopefully the Greenlight and Steam Allods got...will make the server alive for the first time ever... So, my honest suggestion, even though I'd like more players on the F2P server is...try the P2P server first...if you like the game and decide you want more...like fast mounts, bigger bags, the ease of knowing if you have a few extra dollars laying around, you don't have to farm for your gold or whatever else there is...you can just buy it. I know it can feel like a possible commitment to drop your 10 euros to try out just one month...but you'll certain get a better feel for how the game actually is if you try on the P2P server first (except for the excruciatingly small bag).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Jun 24th 2015, 3:22pm)

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 3:24pm

1.) Difference between p2p and f2p is one you pay to play and one you can technically play for free. (Not really, but I have to be technical)
The P2P has no cash shop that you can enhance your player in any way, you only pay to be able to play, all other content is unlocked.
The F2P has a cash shop that you can pay to enhance your player in a multitude of different ways, all content is unlocked as well.

2.) The F2P server has a significant amount more players (somewhere between 75-90% more players).

3.) Purchasing runes from early on is a good idea, it makes getting to end game much easier and faster. There is also an item called a Miraculous Ark that you can purchase that would instantly level you up to level 60 and give you a set of level 5 runes. That being said, I wouldn't actually suggest this to a new player. Why? Because you don't experience the game play, you don't learn how to play your character. You don't read your rubies, your talents, skills, etc. and become a good player. Also, regardless of being level 60, you'll have to go back to all the zones anyways and do a good majority of the quests because there are things called "World Mysteries" in this game and they allow you to get more rubies and skills.

4.) Go to the Archetypes section on the forum.

That's all I got, no more for later. I'm sure Allods Online Player will tell you all you need to know pretty soon. :whistling:

Edit: To be fair, I play and always will play the F2P server. But I can honestly say...if this game would have had a subscription server from the beginning, when I started...I would definitely have played the P2P server. But, for now, it remains a desolate wasteland with a few people here and there. Hopefully the Greenlight and Steam Allods got...will make the server alive for the first time ever... So, my honest suggestion, even though I'd like more players on the F2P server is...try the P2P server first...if you like the game and decide you want more...like fast mounts, bigger bags, the ease of knowing if you have a few extra dollars laying around, you don't have to farm for your gold or whatever else there is...you can just buy it. I know it can feel like a possible commitment to drop your 10 euros to try out just one month...but you'll certain get a better feel for how the game actually is if you try on the P2P server first (except for the excruciatingly small bag).
Thanks in a lot man you got us covered pretty much one last question, i think there are 2 f2p servers which one do we choose ?

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 3:43pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Thanks in a lot man you got us covered pretty much one last question, i think there are 2 f2p servers which one do we choose ?
There is only one that I know of and that is New Frontier.

Wednesday, June 24th 2015, 3:56pm

RE: A few questions.

1)First of all whats the difference between the free server and the subscription based one or are they all one server but the subscribers get more content ?

subscribers actually get less content (items etc), but many players there say they do not miss it or actually are happy this content is not available (?)
judge yourself
personally i would not be happy with limited possibilities

look here for a comparison made by me, it states the pros and cons, including the missing items
http://allods.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7017

everything else has already been explained well by Groot :)

2 more things:
1] there is the possibility to play on subscriptionserver without spending money, but it requires time as you would need to gather the gold ingame on free server and exchange it to BC; with these BC you can buy entrance for the other server
2] there once was something like when you buy the largest timepack you get a lot of bonustime, if you plan to buy time on subscription this may be worth considering

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 24th 2015, 4:08pm)