You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 2:08am

Gheistlocke

Beginner

• "Gheistlocke" started this thread

F2P vs P2P: Income loss from PvPers

Hello,

I've played Allods off and on for years and years. When it was under gPotatoe I had a very successful leveling guild and made a review that was featured on the gPotatoe site. I've invested what I feel is a lot of time and money into Allods. It is an excellent game!

That being said, when I quit it was because of the PvP. The runes made it impossible for entry level PvP on top of gear gap. A decently geared max level Psi in lvl 5-7 runes would get one shotted through Astral Body's damage absorption. One shot, one kill, every time. It was heart breaking... soul crushing that ll my time, money, and effort was for nothing. I couldn't even look at my character the same as I played because he was just so powerless.

I want to try out the p2p server and try my luck there. I just want to say that I feel bad because from the moment I get on that p2p server I will either never come back or just spend that $11 a month or whatever it comes out to. Without really buying crystal chips, I'd still manage to spend $20 to $200 in a month on the f2p server. I really feel like Allods is losing out on a ton of income and players specifically because of PvP on the f2p server. I hope someday they find a way to make at least entry-level PvP realistic.

Asee-Teph was fun as hell until we (my guild and I) ran into the level 13 runed bards that one-shot you with a single knife throw. Skirmishes? Try suicide zones.

Anyways... I guess I'll just pay the bare minimum. It's sad because while I could never afford to buy runes, I was still all like "take my money please" with just about anything else.
::Ghesitlocke::
Arisen Occultist
....555/667....

::Ogreleg::
Arisen Heretic

MMO Experience:
- WoW, Age of Wushu, Tera, SWTOR, Swordsman, Atlantica, EVE, Allods, Secret World, Star Trek Online, ArcheAge, Age of Conan, Diablo 2*, Diablo 3*, Path of Exile*, Champions Online, Skyforge

Favorites:
- WoW: Vanilla - Wrath, Age of Wushu, Allods, EVE, Diablo 2*, Path of Exile*, Age of Conan

Ruined by Pay-to-Win:
- Age of Wushu, ArcheAge, Allods (free server), Diablo 3*

Waiting for:
- Star Citizen

Thursday, July 23rd 2015, 3:49pm

what is ur gs? sounds to me more of gs problem then runes.

Thursday, July 23rd 2015, 5:24pm

Definitely try the p2p server. You get 6 months of sub by purchasing the 3 month option and the pvp is amazing, even with low pop. Also you dont get instakilled when you go into the opposing factions main city and just want to kill some people. :P
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Thursday, July 23rd 2015, 6:01pm

well ofc you dont get cuz there are not many ppl who could attack you :P